PS1 Custom DVD Cover Art - Calling all artistic CAGers!

I do mine without just stretching the original cover

vagrantsmall2.gif

So I made this.

Here is the high res version.

The only thing I don't really like is the contrast I have between the front/spine and the back.

Not to mention, Vagrant Story wasn't made by SquareEnix, like it was in GamerDude's cover. It's Squaresoft, this is pre-2002 or so.

[quote name='cyrix`']i like it except does the glow of the spine need to strech onto the back of the cover too?[/quote] Yeah that wasn't intentional.

I'm not exactly the most experienced with Photoshop, and in photoshop, the glow on both the front and spine wasn't as big as it ended up being when turned into a jpg.

I just haven't felt like trying to figure out why and fixing it.

I really like both of those, but one very small detail you missed on the Alpha cover was the NTSC at the top on the front.

I missed doing that too on my earlier covers, I never felt like going back to fix it though. Just pointing it out.

[quote name='ShimSham']
Not to mention, Vagrant Story wasn't made by SquareEnix, like it was in GamerDude's cover. It's Squaresoft, this is pre-2002 or so.[/quote]
the SquareEnix logo just comes from the greatest hits version, i.e. - after the merger.

If somebody could make Hi-RES, PDF dvd art for the following PS1 games, I could complete my collection and it would be awesome.

Tomb Raider 1&2
RE 1,2,&3
Parasite Eve
MGS
Silent Hill
Dino Crisis 1&2
Gran Turismo 1&2
Twisted Metal 2

Thanks in advance guys.

Ok, I have GT2, RE1&2...and Parasite Eve.
Now I just need covers for the rest I listed.
Cmon guy's, does nobody do this anymore?

I stumbled onto this thread. I was looking for Hi-Res images to do a game cover, and found out other people had this same great idea. Its tough to find an image thats 300dpi. I thought I'd share with you guys what I got going so far. I'm trying to do a Final Fantasy Collection, since I have the .PSD I can always move the names around
finalfantasyspines.jpg

I stumbled on this thread while trying to find Hi-Res images for a game cover I'm working on. Its cool to see other people had the same idea. I'm used to making movie covers, which finding images in 300dpi is much easier. I thought I would share with you guys on what I'm working on. Its a Final Fantasy collection. I still have the .PSD file, so the names could always be moved around.

finalfantasyspines.jpg

I stumbled on this thread while trying to find Hi-Res images for a game cover I'm working on. Its cool to see other people had the same idea. I'm used to making movie covers, which finding images in 300dpi is much easier. I thought I would share with you guys on what I'm working on. Its a Final Fantasy collection. I still have the .PSD file, so the names could always be moved around.

finalspine.jpg

[quote name='ShimSham']I do mine without just stretching the original cover

vagrantsmall2.gif

So I made this.

Here is the high res version.

The only thing I don't really like is the contrast I have between the front/spine and the back.

Not to mention, Vagrant Story wasn't made by SquareEnix, like it was in GamerDude's cover. It's Squaresoft, this is pre-2002 or so.[/quote]

Beautiful :applause:

If anyone can make me one for NBA Showtime then I'd be a happy man. I'd prefer it to be fitted for a slim DVD case, ready to print (size right) and for it to retain the original artwork on the front. Thanks! :) :D

[quote name='gamerdude5']not exactly ps1, but just for fun... ;)

this is for a slim dvd case

print image size = 10.5" x 7.2"

[/QUOTE]

EA Games logo makes this an instant win.

[quote name='gamerdude5']not exactly ps1, but just for fun... ;)

this is for a slim dvd case

print image size = 10.5" x 7.2"

[/quote]
lmao i love it dude you have to show that to the folks at gamefly

[quote name='JasonTerminator']lumo, that's very, very impressive.

I anticipate it's completion very much so. Thank you for spending your time on this.[/quote]

thanks for the comment. One cover at a time...

Made some more, I hope you guys like them

Digimon Rumble Arena:

my.php

Alien Ressurection:

my.php

Klonoa Door to Phantomile:

my.php

Wild 9:

my.php

One more to the bunch

Walt Disney World Quest: Magical Racing Tour:

my.php

By the way Snowcone, both American and European covers qualify to be on Snackbar Games or just the American ones? It's just that I noticied that there are some people around the web that seem to like more the American style covers than the European ones and vice-versa.

[quote name='Gary_Oak']One more to the bunch

Walt Disney World Quest: Magical Racing Tour:

my.php

By the way Snowcone, both American and European covers qualify to be on Snackbar Games or just the American ones? It's just that I noticied that there are some people around the web that seem to like more the American style covers than the European ones and vice-versa.[/QUOTE]

Select the appropriate dropdown in the list and the file gets named according to it's country.

We should differentiate which are for slim and which are for regular, because I'm confused...

btw, did Darkstalkers: The Night Warriors and have the hi-rez upped to Snackbar.

[quote name='lumo']I stumbled on this thread while trying to find Hi-Res images for a game cover I'm working on. Its cool to see other people had the same idea. I'm used to making movie covers, which finding images in 300dpi is much easier. I thought I would share with you guys on what I'm working on. Its a Final Fantasy collection. I still have the .PSD file, so the names could always be moved around.

finalspine.jpg
[/QUOTE]

That's :hot:!!! Tagging this.. can't wait until you're finished with 'em.:)

[quote name='SMMM']We should differentiate which are for slim and which are for regular, because I'm confused...

btw, did Darkstalkers: The Night Warriors and have the hi-rez upped to Snackbar.

[/QUOTE]

I can set the upload page and the PS1 section to denote that as well.

Could somebody post a picture of their Slim DVD cases with these covers? I'm very interested in this, but I'd like to see what the finished product looks like, maybe next to a PS2 game if possible, but really anything would be appreciated.

I did one for a more obscure game - A-Train.

megaman81zs.jpg

This is my first PSX one, so can anyone tell me how I did, design-wise? Thanks.

Also, I had to use MS paint....

[quote name='SMMM']We should differentiate which are for slim and which are for regular, because I'm confused...

[/QUOTE]I love it, just not the Darkstalkers sidelogo being upside down.

^Awesome idea Snowcone^

I picked up a couple of Playstation games the other day dirt cheap and I would like to contribute to this thread by posting the scans of these games. I tried to scan in as much as possible so making a DVD cover of these games should be pretty easy.

Spider: The Video Game

Poster Insert
Front
Back
Inside

I will try and get The Italian Job (Rockstar) up tonight.

[quote name='TimPV3']I love it, just not the Darkstalkers sidelogo being upside down.[/QUOTE]

eh....whoops. Sorry, based it more off the original longbox than the others. I'll fix it.

Edit: Done and reuploaded to snackbar.

i made a dvd cover for the ps1 game, "vandal hearts" , but i cant figure out how to get it posted on here.....maybe its cus im slightly post illiterate...lol some help plz???

-dashobbity

[quote name='dashobbity']i made a dvd cover for the ps1 game, "vandal hearts" , but i cant figure out how to get it posted on here.....maybe its cus im slightly post illiterate...lol some help plz???

-dashobbity[/quote]

Upload it via Imageshack

bread's done
Back