PS2/PS3 E3 Game Announcement Thread

Maybe they are revealing the system...

集合3つ並び_0003.jpg

Edit: got to it before I did...:)

[quote name='Ugamer_X']Maybe they are revealing the system...

集合3つ並び_0003.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Im gonna have to say bogus...only because thats what i said about the actual 360 design, and i like the way those look

[quote name='Ozzkev55']Im gonna have to say bogus...only because thats what i said about the actual 360 design, and i like the way those look[/QUOTE]
Edit: I'm an idiot.

i love the fact that microsoft and ps3 are REALLY stressing out all these HD features when more than 99 percent of people dont have an HD set, including me and just about everybody on these threads...so i dont see why so many ppl are excited about all these HD features when it doesnt mean squat to almost everybody everybody

[quote name='Southberm']i love the fact that microsoft and ps3 are REALLY stressing out all these HD features when more than 99 percent of people dont have an HD set, including me and just about everybody on these threads...so i dont see why so many ppl are excited about all these HD features when it doesnt mean squat to almost everybody everybody[/QUOTE]

Because a lot of us do and it doesn't hurt non-HD consumers to include the feature. Also, since HD is slated to become standard in 2006 (I know, it will probably be pushed back again), it just makes sense.

[quote name='Southberm']i love the fact that microsoft and ps3 are REALLY stressing out all these HD features when more than 99 percent of people dont have an HD set, including me and just about everybody on these threads...so i dont see why so many ppl are excited about all these HD features when it doesnt mean squat to almost everybody everybody[/QUOTE]

I don't have an HD tv either, but Wal-Mart had a HDTV 27 inchflat RCA for around $300-$400 (I think it was $400) when I was in the store yesterday, do you still need a HD box for HD signal from the PS3 and X2? If you don't and HDTV is down to $300 I can see more people useing the features in the future

Either way, right now, HDTV is still expensive, but by the time the PS3 is out I'm sure it will be even cheaper.

Why does the PlayStation 3 logo use the Spiderman movie font? Fake.

To Southberm - Xbox 360 and PS3 are next generation systems. HD doesn't mean much now, but it will carry much more weight in the next 5 years. Think ahead.

It's called preparing for the future. When HD sets become more prevalent in homes, it'd be nice if the games didn't look like crap when you played them because they didn't have HD resolutions.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']I don't have an HD tv either, but Wal-Mart had a HDTV 27 inchflat RCA for around $300-$400 (I think it was $400) when I was in the store yesterday, do you still need a HD box for HD signal from the PS3 and X2? If you don't and HDTV is down to $300 I can see more people useing the features in the future

Either way, right now, HDTV is still expensive, but by the time the PS3 is out I'm sure it will be even cheaper.[/QUOTE]

You don't need an HD set top box to make use of a game system that is outputting an HD signal. You just need an HD-ready set with the appropriate inputs (component, HDMI, DVI, etc).

I hear you man but if their is ever going to be a reason to convince you it should definitely be NEXTGEN Consoles.

I dont presently have a HDTV set but im sure by the time the PS3 is ready to launch one should be mounted on my wall right next to my METAL GEAR SOLID 4 poster. ;)

That pic is the real deal. Slick slick slick. Slicker than the 360 even. Maybe even too slick?!?!

[quote name='sandwiches99']Why does the PlayStation 3 logo use the Spiderman movie font? Fake.

To Southberm - Xbox 360 and PS3 are next generation systems. HD doesn't mean much now, but it will carry much more weight in the next 5 years. Think ahead.[/QUOTE]

ITS FROM THE OFFICIAL SITE.

good point, but then agian everyone thought the Xbox 360 pictures were fake too ;).

Most people didnt like the PS2 Design when it came out either though, you have to remember that ;)

wait, what is this, square enix is finally making good games? FF12 and KH2 should make up for all the crap Square enix released the last 2 years. (FFTA, sword of mana, front mission4, drag-on dragon, FF11, unlimited saga...etc)

Romancing Saga: Minstrel Song (PS2)
Radiata Stories (PS2)
Dragon Quest VIII (PS2)
Dragon Quest & Final Fantasy in Itadaki Street Special (PS2)
Kingdom Hearts II (PS2)
Final Fantasy XII (PS2, video exhibit only)
Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII (PS2, exhibit form unannounced)
Front Mission Online (PS2, PC, video exhibit only)
Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children (DVD)
Fantasy Earth: The Ring Of Dominion (PC, video exhibit only)

By Hirohiko Niizumi, GameSpot POSTED: 09/17/04 04:22 PM

Am I the only one who isnt enjoying the fact that the next gen systems are curved? I mean, whatever happened to the normal smooth flat hardward, it's so much easier to carry and position.

[quote name='pumbaa']That pic is the real deal. Slick slick slick. Slicker than the 360 even. Maybe even too slick?!?![/QUOTE]
The designers of the PS3 and Xbox 360 must be working together because it looks like you can set the PS3 will fit on top of the Xbox 360. :D

this is who owns the presscentre.com

Glide Technologies Ltd.
20 The Pall Mall Deposit
124-128 Barlby Road
London, W10 6BL
UK
Phone: 44(0)2075659007
Fax: 44(0)2075659008

Domain Name: PRESSCENTRE.COM

Administrative Contact , Technical Contact :
Servidio, Nico
[email protected]
20 The Pall Mall Deposit
124-128 Barlby Road
London, London W10 6BL
UK
Phone: +44 (0) 20 7565 9007
Fax: +44 (0) 20 7565 9008

Remember "Centre" is the uk spelling for Center ;)

Anyone see 6 USB ports on that unit tho ;)?

Its going to be interesting fitting this in with the rest of the A/V equipment. I suppose the days of stacking components (against equipment makers wishes...) is over.

Regardless... its a very very sleek design... almost automobile like.

It's a "sharper" design than the 360... thats for sure. It looks like it might be akward looking in real like though. Like you arent looking at the same product from different views.

[quote name='Jrunt20x']Am I the only one who isnt enjoying the fact that the next gen systems are curved? I mean, whatever happened to the normal smooth flat hardward, it's so much easier to carry and position.[/QUOTE]
its gonna be a bitch to fit into my cabinet

[quote name='Zoglog']this is who owns the presscentre.com

Glide Technologies Ltd.
20 The Pall Mall Deposit
124-128 Barlby Road
London, W10 6BL
UK
Phone: 44(0)2075659007
Fax: 44(0)2075659008

Domain Name: PRESSCENTRE.COM

Administrative Contact , Technical Contact :
Servidio, Nico
[email protected]
20 The Pall Mall Deposit
124-128 Barlby Road
London, London W10 6BL
UK
Phone: +44 (0) 20 7565 9007
Fax: +44 (0) 20 7565 9008

Remember "Centre" is the uk spelling for Center ;)

Anyone see 6 USB ports on that unit tho ;)?[/QUOTE]

the picture is being confirmed by the livebloggers...

[quote name='Ugamer_X']IGN has confirmed it to be the system.[/QUOTE]
yess...ill be damned it worked again

I dont think that this is the final design. Wheres is the air going to come out of? A machine with that kinda of power is going to get hot pretty quick. Also, where are the slots for the memory cards and the other 4 usb ports? And didnt they said that you could charge the battiers on the top of the system?

[quote name='datruth29']I dont think that this is the final design. Wheres is the air going to come out of? A machine with that kinda of power is going to get hot pretty quick. Also, where are the slots for the memory cards and the other 4 usb ports? And didnt they said that you could charge the battiers on the top of the system?[/QUOTE]

It looks like there is a hideaway door next to the blu-ray slot. Maybe everything else is stored there? Also... this is seemingly a CG render of the thing... I'm not sure there ARE vents on it at this point.

[quote name='Zoglog']what a major upset after the slick design of the psp lol

Man that thing is ugly =/
lets hope it has the balls :D[/QUOTE]

Its just a render at this point, but I totally agree, what a disappointment.

To show off the PlayStation 3's graphical brawn, Sony showed several game demos, including an Unreal 3 tech demo of an Unreal Tournament 2007-esque shooter. In what must come as a relief to developers, Epic Games' Tim Sweeney was on hand to vouch for the PS3, saying it was "easy to program for" and that Epic had received its first PS3 hardware two months ago. He proved the tech demo was real time by showing it again and manipulating the camera and zooming in.

I can't wait to watch this conference.

You know, I think the design is going to grow on me, so long as the black one is available at launch.

bread's done
Back