PS2/PS3 E3 Game Announcement Thread

[quote name='nixts']Look at this ass-ugly controller.[/QUOTE]

Shut your filthy mouth. No way that's it. Are they trying to directly market to Australians?

[quote name='nixts']
050517i7rh.jpg

It gets worse...[/QUOTE]
That thing is God-awful.

Edit: thankfully, these are still prototypes.

Oh my god. That...looks...aweful. It's like, a reverse Xbox Duke. There's no WAY that'll last the whole lifespan. Oh my god. HORRIBLE.

[quote name='Ozzkev55']now that has to be bogus[/QUOTE]

who melted a ps2 controller and painted it silver for their college art class?

roflmangoo that's a halrious controller. I just busted out laughing at work haha. If that's real i'm like so over the top now ;).

But yeah I'm suprised Xbox 360 Beat Sony in the Design factor in this match. When the Xbox 360 was revealed It was a ok design, not bad but not superbly good either. The Ps3 in my opinion is more leaning towards bad =/

I have a strong feeling it's fake, If you examine it, it'd be pretty damn hard to use. esp with Japanese people with small hands.

[quote name='evilmax17']The internet's gonna have a field day with this![/QUOTE]

I hope the SomethingAwful folks are watching all of this as closely as we are. It'd make for some damn fine Photoshops.

[quote name='Jrunt20x']That controller is so ugly even an N64 controll would go "Damn, you's a ugly bitch!"[/QUOTE]
Lol
the N64 controller used to give me bad nintendo thumb, fron playing damn SC64 for hours at a time

However Sweeney's words were only the beginning. Later, Sony trotted out a whole host of publishers who are backing the PlayStation 3--and in the process confirmed several games for the console. Hideo Kojima introduced Konami's Metal Gear Solid 4, Capcom showed off Devil May Cry 4, Namco unveiled Tekken 6, Polyphony Digital trotted out Gran Turismo 5, SCEE showed off a brutal demo of the next Killzone.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']I guess people are having trouble realizing that the controller being shown will most likely not be the final design.[/QUOTE]

I'm positive it's a prototype. Just look at the damn thing. Still though, it's somewhat fun entertaining the idea. My money is on the analog/trackball hybrid thing-a-jazz.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']SCEE showed off a brutal demo of the next Killzone.[/QUOTE]
they didnt learn the first time around i guess

[quote name='Ledhed']I'm positive it's a prototype. Just look at the damn thing. Still though, it's somewhat fun entertaining the idea. My money is on the analog/trackball hybrid thing-a-jazz.[/QUOTE]
That trackball controller is a third-party controller for the PS2.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']However Sweeney's words were only the beginning. Later, Sony trotted out a whole host of publishers who are backing the PlayStation 3--and in the process confirmed several games for the console. Hideo Kojima introduced Konami's Metal Gear Solid 4, Capcom showed off Devil May Cry 4, Namco unveiled Tekken 6, Polyphony Digital trotted out Gran Turismo 5, SCEE showed off a brutal demo of the next Killzone.[/QUOTE]

I can't wait to see these hit the show floor. If this thing comes out in the Spring, my Christmas present is going to be a big IOU tag with a PS3 pre-order reciept

Are you going to look at the controller or are you going to use it? If you're going to use it, who gives an s if it's ugly but it's the most comfortable thing ever?

If you're just going to look at it, then by all means, continue to bitch.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']That trackball controller is a third-party controller for the PS2.[/QUOTE]

Hrm, damn. Every part of it, save the trackball, looks just like a Dual Shock. Oh well.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/rpg/finalfantasy12/preview_6124804.html

FFXII is not coming here until 2006. :sad: But it looks great so far.[/QUOTE]

Well that kind of sucks. I played it at E3 Last year and they had an Extensive Demo there with multiple scenes. I played it for like an hour and didn't even finish 1/4 of the demos. I woudlve thought it'd be out by this summer.

Are you going to look at the controller or are you going to use it? If you're going to use it, who gives an s if it's ugly but it's the most comfortable thing ever?

If you're just going to look at it, then by all means, continue to bitch.

and that controller does NOT look comfy -_-

Sony is unstoppable. I'm a Nintendo fan (as most of you know)... and this hypes ME up. I will repeat... Sony knows what they are doing... it seems like Sony is determined to make next generation... this generation times 10.

Looks like we'll have 2 great consoles to look forward to ;) I'm personally gonna pick up both now for thier respective franchises.

[quote name='pumbaa']Sony is unstoppable. I'm a Nintendo fan (as most of you know)... and this hypes ME up. I will repeat... Sony knows what they are doing... it seems like Sony is determined to make next generation... this generation times 10.[/QUOTE]
Everything has been good so far outside of that prototype for the controller...If I made the decisions at Sony, that picture would have never seen the light of day.

i noticed the spiderman font, maybe it has something to do with their spiderman fascination

EDIT: There i go again

[quote name='Ledhed']Seriously, what's with the Spider-Man font?[/QUOTE]

Thats an excellent question. I kind liked the PS2 logo myself... but if you think about it... the first PS logo established the "brand" logo. I would assume that the rest of the logos would be different for different systems. I think this looks a little to familar though.

Remember guys, Sony Claimed that PS2 Could Render Scenes from Toy Story or FF8 Ballroom scene in real time, but when it came out well... u know what happened.

Of course I am optimistic they are not just spitting off steam now, but u know just don't forget ;)

WOW. Games will be playable in 1080P. Take that Microsoft and your puny 720P.

Also, it's nice that they have USB ports. Hopefully that means it'll be compatible out of the box with a ton of PC components.

This much information has some far reaching implications... sure WE haven't seen any footage... btu I'm sure footage will be shown. I wasn't expecting this much information about the PS3 from Sony. No doubt about it... the Revolution MUST be televised. If Ninty wasn't planning on releasnig much about the Revolution tomorrow... I hope they are scrambling to get something together... I want to know exactly what my fave gaming company is going to do to be relevant in the face of this information. Nintendo has won E3's of the past... it seems Sony has made it pretty damn hard thus far. We shall see.

has there been any mention of whether there's going to be a component output, at full resolution?

cuz if this thing only does HDMI/DVI, count me out..

[quote name='Ledhed']Seriously, what's with the Spider-Man font?[/QUOTE]

Why not? It draws upon previous success for Sony. You can bet the first two Spider-man movies will be prominently featured when Blu-ray product starts hitting the stores.

A lot of analysts were so sure it would be multiple Cells but Sony has chosen a more conventional direction of having a monster GPU just like everything else in recent years.

A lot of early titles may ignore a lot of the Cell and just be written as a PPC game driving the GPU. In much the same way a lot of early Xbox 360 games will only use one core to avoid the thread management learning curve until later. They'll still look good on both machines but later games will be far, far better as developers get the hang of the new requirements.

[quote name='gsr']has there been any mention of whether there's going to be a component output, at full resolution?

cuz if this thing only does HDMI/DVI, count me out..[/QUOTE]
There will be an AV multi-out, so you can probably count on having component video cables.

bread's done
Back