PS2/PS3 E3 Game Announcement Thread

Did anybody else notice how they have 3 different colors? White like the PSone, black like the PS2, and an all new silver one they are pimping now for the PS3. Kinda neat since it also plays all three games.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']WOW. Games will be playable in 1080P. Take that Microsoft and your puny 720P.

Also, it's nice that they have USB ports. Hopefully that means it'll be compatible out of the box with a ton of PC components.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully all games that could use them, allow KB/M

Sounds incredible so far. No more Multitaps finally, and could the hard drive mean the end of memory cards as well (for real this time)!

The only downside I see to the PS3 so far here could be the price. I know the technology will all become cheaper by the time its released, but will it even be affordable by next year?

EDIT: Glad I wasn't the only one who immediately noticed the Spiderman font on the PS3.

killzone020kb.jpg

kz4kj.jpg

[quote name='lionheart4life']O no that stupid boomerang controller might be for real? That thing looks so awful, but the system itself is sleek.[/QUOTE]

The controller pic is real.

well, i just read through this thread and:

pros:
Backwards compatability all the way to the ps1.
7 wireless channels for controllers
USB ports (this is big imo, but ive wanted this for years.)
Strong launch lineup (as long as everything is on schedule, i wouldnt count on it.)

cons:
Funny shaped console (i like things stackable)
New controller (might be great, but im a firm believer of if it aint broke, dont fix it, time will tell)

[quote name='nixts']The controller pic is real.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I had seen it earlier today and the consensus was that it was a fake, but now thats its on their company website its gotta be legit, even if its subject to change. Who knows, it could be great to actually use for all I know, I just think it looks like a cheap 3rd party PS2 controller.

Anybody have a guess on what the "home" 1 and 2 connections are for? Why do there appear to be 3 network ports? And does the system suck in discs like a car stereo or does it have a tray? What do you guys think?

The system and contoller are ugly as hell, but I might have to pick a PS3 up when MGS4 is released, it being an exclusive and all.

wow... just wow... now i am so glad I am not getting a Xbox 360... everything someopne could want on a launch: GTA4, MGS4, Tekken 6 (the game I look forward to the most!!!!!!! YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!) and the next chapter in killzonone.

I do say those killzone pics rock!

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/614/614705p1.html

The first thing my editor-in-chief Jeremy Dunham said when Electronic Arts' super producer Kudo showed Fight Night Round 3 on PS3 was, "It looks fugging awesome." Of course, he didn't actually say fugging, but you get the idea.

The game, according to our boys, looks absolutely amazing. "Totally real," in fact.

Dunham described a couple of fighters going at it, but didn't elaborate on who they were. He did describe facial rendering technology that allowed for physics on skin and bones that could actually break.

Nice. :D

dude, the PS3 spiderman font looks terrible. There are sooo many different cool looking fonts that could have been used, but they go with a stupid movie font. Wow.

Btw, I am just bitching here, I am not some loser nerd who gets pissed about stupid things like this

the ps3's look too round for their own good...but if it runs awesome like it should, no complaints here :D

that definitely should not be the design for the controller...i also wanna see sony mix it up with the controller...maybe triggers this time :) it would make it a lot better for the ps3 shooting games :)

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']oh yeah... and seeing what Incog has done with the Twisted Metal series, Warhawk will be awsome![/QUOTE]

you read my mind :)

Why is everyone so excited about USB ports? The PS2 had them, and you all know those did so much more than be headset and keyboard ports. :roll:

1st
They didnt say anything about those games being offical launch games. They just said they would be available on the system
2nd
What kind of crack are they smoking with that boomerang looking thing they call a controller. That thing looks like shit. It looks like you will be playing Tekken 6 and milking a cow at the same time.

I think at the bare minimum we'll get 720p from the cheapass developers and lazy ones..but first and second party titles, i would bank on 1080p.

again

SHAQ FU!

It looks better than the PS2, but still looks like shit.

Not that looks matter, features and controllers do.

And the PSP as a control idea is lame. Nintendo already tried and failed.

This is not the PS3 controller we will be holding come 2006. Im sure the outcry is going to be just as loud everywhere else... its a prototype... its going to change (unless it really is oddly comfortable... then we will have to see...)

How do you know it won't be the controller it launches with?

People said the same thing about the Xbox and look how long it took for us to get the S controllers in the US.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']sweet... the killzone stuff is going to piss off alot of Halo-ers[/QUOTE]

Only the silly ones. Besides, we have yet to see what Halo 3 will look like.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']sweet... the killzone stuff is going to piss off alot of Halo-ers[/QUOTE]
Why the graphics don't make it play better than Halo 2.

[quote name='lionheart4life']Sounds incredible so far. No more Multitaps finally, and could the hard drive mean the end of memory cards as well (for real this time)!

The only downside I see to the PS3 so far here could be the price. I know the technology will all become cheaper by the time its released, but will it even be affordable by next year?

EDIT: Glad I wasn't the only one who immediately noticed the Spiderman font on the PS3.[/QUOTE]

Not the end of memory cards. There will have to be some means of using the PS1 PS2 cards for backward compatibility to be fully realized. For PS3 games the big difference is having open standards for memory. Hopefully you'll be able to use any of the three slots (MS Duo, CF, SD) for game saves and other data. Since they're indicating the hard drive is optional that will be important since big cheap cards will be needed for a lot of the features to be portable between machines.

If only they'd let us have an SD slot on the PSP.

[quote name='zewone']How do you know it won't be the controller it launches with?

People said the same thing about the Xbox and look how long it took for us to get the S controllers in the US.[/QUOTE]

I don't know... but people pissed and moaned about both the GameCub's lack of a d-pad and the Original DS's design... those got changed.

Ghost Recon 3 looks just as good, have y'all seen the Ghost Recon 3 pictures? I think it can compete with Killzone 2.

And gameplay wise, well, we all know how well KZ1 played.

[quote name='epobirs']Not the end of memory cards. There will have to be some means of using the PS1 PS2 cards for backward compatibility to be fully realized. For PS3 games the big difference is having open standards for memory. Hopefully you'll be able to use any of the three slots (MS Duo, CF, SD) for game saves and other data. Since they're indicating the hard drive is optional that will be important since big cheap cards will be needed for a lot of the features to be portable between machines.

If only they'd let us have an SD slot on the PSP.[/QUOTE]

Stop posting such intellegent and insightful shit epobirs. ;)

I can't see how that controller will have the R1/2 and L1/2 buttons. It definitely needs to be reworked. Though if its not, I want to know if you can use the old controllers. I'll stock up on Dual Shock 2s and pass on wireless if those are the controllers, or I'll just get Logitech ones.

the dmc 4 pic tells me nothing...looks like a smoother version of dmc 3, but nothing eye popping, if in fact that is a gameplay screen.

[quote name='gsr']the dmc 4 pic tells me nothing...looks like a smoother version of dmc 3, but nothing eye popping, if in fact that is a gameplay screen.[/QUOTE]
Of course it's not, but it's still a good looking pic.

[quote name='zewone']Where is this DMC4 pic?[/QUOTE]

Perhaps you overlooked the giant IGN watermark in the lower right corner. ;)

bread's done
Back