PS2/PS3 E3 Game Announcement Thread

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']The links are wrong right now. They both direct to an E3 article.[/QUOTE]
The video loaded for me right on that link, so check that you're not blocking pop-ups.
[quote name='punqsux']$60? fuck em, i still aint paying over $15.[/QUOTE]
Then we'll see you in a few years. :razz:

"Bru-Ray has six times bigger capacity than DVD." :lol: I love Ken, he's so japanese in his speak.

[quote name='jam3582']I wonder what Itagaki is gonna rant on hmmm[/QUOTE]

he is going to rant about how the Xbox 360 is shitty and now he is going to develop for the PS3. He is such a graphics whore that if he did anything different I would be suprised

lol like we need something with three times the storage of a dvd... christ.

Killzone looked awesome btw, hope it plays alot better then killzone 1.

Now waiting the x360 conference

The webcast has stopped for the moment. It was giving off live shots in the auditorium and whatnot before it went down, though

What's this about $60?

[quote name='CaseyRyback']he is going to rant about how the Xbox 360 is shitty and now he is going to develop for the PS3. He is such a graphics whore that if he did anything different I would be suprised[/QUOTE]

That would suck for me, I enjoy DOA and I'm looking forward to the next Ninja Gaiden.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']lol like we need something with three times the storage of a dvd... christ.

Killzone looked awesome btw, hope it plays alot better then killzone 1.

Now waiting the x360 conference[/QUOTE]

yea for those huge freakin texture maps that I kno is gonna be needed for 1080p . Damn I just bought and HDTV that goes up to 1080i I that looks great I could only imagine that in progressive scan oooooo the chills.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']he is going to rant about how the Xbox 360 is shitty and now he is going to develop for the PS3. He is such a graphics whore that if he did anything different I would be suprised[/QUOTE]

Wherever he goes, I go.

Apossum = proud Team Ninja whore

[quote name='Ozzkev55']Link Please For The Live Feed?[/QUOTE]
The Sony conference was done a few hours ago, check Gamespot's E3 videos for the video.

One thing really got my attention. The 'redundant SPE' on the Cell chip, meaning only 7 out of 8 are usable. In the semiconductor world this most often indicates a defect rate so high that at least one function unit on a chip expected to fail testing.

Sony went through a lot of pain with chip deliveries in the early days of the PS2 and doesn't want to do that again. Giving up an SPE to insure reliable supplies at the intended cost is a worthy compromise to reach that goal. Some power is lost but the product ships.

The lack of price announcement so far leaves me wondering still but it appears after the Xbox experience Microsoft is determined to have a platform that can scale down in price quickly and reliably while Sony is focused on promoting power over price and hoping that wins the day long enough for cost reduction to make the machine more widely accessable.

anyone else NOT liking the new controller, I mean, I know the Dual Shock is tiny (hugs old school Xbox controller), but the new one looks to have the same functionality, but is like a friggin boomerang. It reminds me of the old sidewinder PC gamepads, and I HATED those things.

wow why does sony need to have such boring commentators they need that dude from nintendo u kno the weirdo who takes names and stuff him yea it would make the goddman press conference more exciting.

[quote name='jam3582']wow why does sony need to have such boring commentators they need that dude from nintendo u kno the weirdo who takes names and stuff him yea it would make the goddman press conference more exciting.[/QUOTE]

regie?

[quote name='epobirs']One thing really got my attention. The 'redundant SPE' on the Cell chip, meaning only 7 out of 8 are usable. In the semiconductor world this most often indicates a defect rate so high that at least one function unit on a chip expected to fail testing.

Sony went through a lot of pain with chip deliveries in the early days of the PS2 and doesn't want to do that again. Giving up an SPE to insure reliable supplies at the intended cost is a worthy compromise to reach that goal. Some power is lost but the product ships.

The lack of price announcement so far leaves me wondering still but it appears after the Xbox experience Microsoft is determined to have a platform that can scale down in price quickly and reliably while Sony is focused on promoting power over price and hoping that wins the day long enough for cost reduction to make the machine more widely accessable.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for pointing that out...surprising from Sony.

And Jam, his name is Reggie, and im waking up at 7 a.m. tommorow to hear him speak :)

I did like the new duckie demo though...

[quote name='jam3582']wow why does sony need to have such boring commentators they need that dude from nintendo u kno the weirdo who takes names and stuff him yea it would make the goddman press conference more exciting.[/QUOTE]
It's always like that, they present numbers like it's no one's business.

[quote name='Zmonkay']anyone else NOT liking the new controller, I mean, I know the Dual Shock is tiny (hugs old school Xbox controller), but the new one looks to have the same functionality, but is like a friggin boomerang. It reminds me of the old sidewinder PC gamepads, and I HATED those things.[/QUOTE]

i dont know how you can dislike it, youve never played a game with it.

if the shape of the controller bothers you THAT much, please buy a MS or Nintendo console so i dont have to listen to you (or anyone) complin about it.

There seems to be some spots where the conflicts of interest kept them from getting the story straight. Features that Nvidia attributed tot heir contribution were later said by the British guy to be Cell functions. It possible for Cell to do that in software but a highly questionable use of it when the dedicated functions are in the GPU.

[quote name='punqsux']i dont know how you can dislike it, youve never played a game with it.

if the shape of the controller bothers you THAT much, please buy a MS or Nintendo console so i dont have to listen to you (or anyone) complin about it.[/QUOTE]

Punq, There have been many 3rd party controllers for both PS2 and PC that look to be the same design....and they each suck quite a bit...im hoping there's just something im missing in the pictures

[quote name='swetooth9']the ps3's look too round for their own good...but if it runs awesome like it should, no complaints here :D
[/QUOTE]

Great, the first console that will be able to roll off your entertainment center.

[quote name='howlinmad']Great, the first console that will be able to roll off your entertainment center.[/QUOTE]
You should read more than a few posts, as it's been mentioned that the bottom of the PS3 is flat. It has a base like the PS2 does, except the top is curved.

I will start off by saying that I love my Xbox. The PS3 is going to kill the Xbox360, that thing is a beast. 1080P! MGS4! Devil May Cry 4! and more all at launch! All I can say is holy fuck!

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']You should read more than a few posts, as it's been mentioned that the bottom of the PS3 is flat. It has a base like the PS2 does, except the top is curved.[/QUOTE]

You should lighten up and not be so defensive against an obvious joke.

[quote name='howlinmad']You should lighten up and not be so defensive against an obvious joke.[/QUOTE]
It's a joke that's been made a few times before in this thread, but whatever.

The 1080P capability is nice but the price and availability of such screens is troubling. In all likelihood this will be used only a little more often than the current Xbox's 1080i capability. The real action will be at 720P and 1080i where a reasonable base of people can be expected to have the equipment.

Has anyone concidered yet that the new controller design might have something to do with that 9 million dollar court rulling that almost lead to pulling PS2s off the shelves a couple of months ago? Plus with the new blue tooth design it means it might have needed a large internal redesign especially if it charges the way they're claiming (which frankly is the only thing I dont like. I WANT a cord for recharging atleast and a battery meter on the controller if I'm being forced to go cordless.) This design will take getting used to but I dont see them abandoning it if they've spent even half they time they spent on the original controller designs so I hope this means they;re comfortable. I dont care about the positioning of the Analogs personally as I have human size hands and they've never been much of a problem in the past.

The "spiderman font" as people keep calling it was actually just one of those new all purpose fonts that pop up every so often and get used randomly in all sorts of projects, Spiderman was just the more noticable one. As a matter of fact I had that font for my computer before the first movie even came out.

PSP as a controller will likely only be used in special instances not as a standard as it's missing two shoulder buttons and a whole analog. It'll probably just be an option for multiplayer games where a friend might control an assistant character or something that isn't completly necessary just something that adds fun.

I'm impressed, which is something I wasnt while hearing about the XB2 and that pleases me, as does the fact that my faith in Backwards Compatability was well founded.

I expect it to launch for 300-350 atleast. I'll be shocked if it costs less.

Thanks for the links, Frisky. You guys are making it pretty easy for everyone else so far, and I commend you all for that :)

Looking pretty good thus far. I only wonder how the other new consoles will stack up. GT looks amazing, MotorStorm looks really interesting thus far, however, only in the 'tried-and-true gameplay given a gorgeous new coat of paint' way. I'm trying to be optomistic about the Kurosawa game, because it's an interesting premise and it's not directly based on one of his films, so it wouldn't be as bad with all the liberties they take. Just no goddamn robot samurais.

If you hadn't told me, I never would have guessed that was a new Warhawk game. But, as it seemingly always goes, we'll see.

[quote name='Alpha2']Has anyone concidered yet that the new controller design might have something to do with that 9 million dollar court rulling that almost lead to pulling PS2s off the shelves a couple of months ago? Plus with the new blue tooth design it means it might have needed a large internal redesign especially if it charges the way they're claiming (which frankly is the only thing I dont like. I WANT a cord for recharging atleast and a battery meter on the controller if I'm being forced to go cordless.) This design will take getting used to but I dont see them abandoning it if they've spent even half they time they spent on the original controller designs so I hope this means they;re comfortable. I dont care about the positioning of the Analogs personally as I have human size hands and they've never been much of a problem in the past.

The "spiderman font" as people keep calling it was actually just one of those new all purpose fonts that pop up every so often and get used randomly in all sorts of projects, Spiderman was just the more noticable one. As a matter of fact I had that font for my computer before the first movie even came out.

PSP as a controller will likely only be used in special instances not as a standard as it's missing two shoulder buttons and a whole analog. It'll probably just be an option for multiplayer games where a friend might control an assistant character or something that isn't completly necessary just something that adds fun.

I'm impressed, which is something I wasnt while hearing about the XB2 and that pleases me, as does the fact that my faith in Backwards Compatability was well founded.

I expect it to launch for 300-350 atleast. I'll be shocked if it costs less.[/QUOTE]

it took almost 300 replies for someone to point that out

[quote name='CaseyRyback']it took almost 300 replies for someone to point that out[/QUOTE]
Point what out?

Any word of any of those pictures being actual screenshots and not CG renders?

[quote name='zewone']Point what out?

Any word of any of those pictures being actual screenshots and not CG renders?[/QUOTE]

that they probably changed the design solely because of the 93 million dollar lawsuit and the cease and desist order they were given from Immersion

I've been sick all day, so I just barely caught up with all that's happened.

I am not a PS2 fan because it didn't have the power of the Xbox. However, with the PS3 having similar, possibly greater power, things look interesting. However, I'm definitely going to have to wait before making an educated purchasing decision. Launch time is a ways off, and new technology (Bluray) could mean huge prices and/or technical problems.

Sure, my opinion is a bit vague, but I'm on medication right now, and there is too much information that we still need, and a long time till launch.

[quote name='zewone']Point what out?[/QUOTE]

The lawsuit that Sony was involved in a few months ago regarding the Dual Shock and why that may be the reason for the new controller look.

bread's done
Back