PS2/PS3 E3 Game Announcement Thread

[quote name='Ledhed']Before someone has a nerd attack:

UPDATE: There will not be a Final Fantasy VII remake for PS3. Repeat, there will not be a remake. But, there will be a new Final Fantasy game. We'll have info on that as it happens.
[/QUOTE]
Just like when they showed off FF8's ball room scene in real time on the PS2 or the old guy for the FF movie in real time. Nothing will come of this.

batmanps38ba.jpg

[quote name='zewone']WTF is the Adam West pic about?[/QUOTE]

You really aren't on top of things today; look at his hands. Har-har.

[quote name='zewone']WTF is the Adam West pic about?[/QUOTE]
A take off on the boomerang idea, i like the fact that you got a signature though, thats awesome

Well, the only thing I hope is we get to see MGS4 this week. i heard they will be showing it in some form, but only time will tell.

Regarding the PS3 controller, i find it very reminiscent of an old Playstation controller I once had called the Alps controller from Alps Interactive.

It was a great controller by the way, perfect fit and aesthitics for long gaming sessions. Well see how things shape up, thell be a crapload of 3rd party stuff so no biggy.

See the resemblance?

alpspad.jpg

[quote name='Jrunt20x']Well, the only thing I hope is we get to see MGS4 this week. i heard they will be showing it in some form, but only time will tell.[/QUOTE]
Of course a video could be expected as they've done quite well with teaser videos for the MGS games.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Of course a video could be expected as they've done quite well with teaser videos for the MGS games.[/QUOTE]
Id shit a brick if i saw a MGS4 video

Bwhahahahahahahaha. The PS3 looks incredibly dumb all the way around.

The system looks like it might roll off a table if you set it down and the controller looks like it could kill someone. This is, in my opinion, the worst looking system of all time. Well, that I've ever seen anyway.

The games look badass, but the system and controller look like jokes.

Also, I highly doubt most people will use the PSP as a controller. Maybe if they are in a pickle and need an extra controller or something, but it just doesn't seem like that big a deal to me.

I know once it comes down to it games are what matters most, but from a look perspective, I think Sony really dropped the ball on this one.

Eh, for some reason i'm underwhelmed by all this.

New DMC
New MGS
New Tekken
New Killzone

It's all the same stuff that's already out. The only surprise is Warhawk, and that means nothing to me. Yeah, the graphics look pretty good.

But the games just aren't getting me excited.

[quote name='sainrub']Regarding the PS3 controller, i find it very reminiscent of an old Playstation controller I once had called the Alps controller from Alps Interactive.

It was a great controller by the way, perfect fit and aesthitics for long gaming sessions. Well see how things shape up, thell be a crapload of 3rd party stuff so no biggy.

See the resemblance?

alpspad.jpg
[/QUOTE]

It also looks a lot like the old PS1 or PS2 teardrop controllers. I couldn't find a pic on the net, though.

[quote name='evilmax17']Eh, for some reason i'm underwhelmed by all this.

New DMC
New MGS
New Tekken
New Killzone

It's all the same stuff that's already out. The only surprise is Warhawk, and that means nothing to me. Yeah, the graphics look pretty good.

But the games just aren't getting me excited.[/QUOTE]

I think original titles are coming, they just probably want to focus on the stuff people are expecting to show up for now.

New DMC
New MGS
New Tekken
New Killzone

Well, aside from a DMC4 render and 3 shots of Killzone, what do you know of the rest? Just the names. Of course it will seem like the same stuff, because that's all that will get people excited, the same names. If they were just dropping names at this point, why would they drop names that mean nothing? It would be disappointing if this was all that we'd see, but the show hasn't even started yet. I'm pretty sure (or at least I hope) that we'll see some great, original games for the PS3.

New DMC
New MGS
New Tekken
New Killzone

the games are very same ol same ol, i wouldnt expect much more from sony.

New DMC
New MGS
New Tekken
New Killzone

well, the games that are annouced are well known stable franchises with very good integrity (and yes, that does include Killzone, in which i am a huge fan of). Most of the Xbox 360 stuff is either fluff or something you would see normally on a PC except 10 times more powerful... the least fluff will be when nintendo announces thier new system...

catagory of most fluff to least:
#1. Xbox
#2. Playstation
#3. Nintendo...

now bitch if you want, but still, all three new sytems will be impressive no matter what. I love them all... but remember, it will all boil down to the software/games...

2006 looks to be a kick ass year!

I can remember five years ago when fanboys were wetting their pants over MGS2 screenshots, and the PS2 hardware hadn't even been released yet. Yesterday's "Emotion Engine" is tomorrow's "Reality Synthesizer." Console manufacturers like to pomise the moon and the sun, and everything old is new again. However, I'll believe it when I see the finished product on store shelves.

capt.ksd10105170114.video_game_expo_ksd101.jpg

Why is it so big and clumsy looking? Granted, its not Xbox big, but still - not sleek either.

Anyone else instantly think that EA's remarks about games going back up to $60 a pop might be way too close to the truth? Hell, look at Kill Zone 1...great looking game...plays like ass. How many companies can aford to make 1 well produced shit game, let alone a sequel?

Am I the only one who thinks this thing is goign to be more expensive then the 3d0? This sytstem should be delayed another year just so prices are lower, or I got this feeling im going to have to wait three years after launch to get it for $400.

The graphics do look sick as hell though, and thats coming from a XBox fanboy here.

Killzone wasn't shit, but it's wasnt the best. I loved it for all it was yet some people don't seem to like it... in other words probably spoiled with Halo....

yet the $60 prices seem a little more realistic now from looking at the screens... sux to be a CAG :(

Man, Ken Kutaragi fits the asian stereotype so perfectly it's hard not to laugh when he speaks.

Praystation is wery popurar awound the world.

[quote name='mmn']Ok let me see :

If I start saving $100 a month for the PS3 NOW, I should have enough for it in 2012.[/QUOTE]

it won't cost more than 299. Sony is always willing to lose money on its systems to have them affordable for everyone. They did this when Sega launched the Saturn for 399, and they fought back by showing people a more advanced piece of hardware for 299. They did it again in 2000 when they sold the system for 300 when DVD players alone were still hovering around 200.

bread's done
Back