PS3 Gunmetal Grey Metal Gear Solid 4 Kojima Bundle $400 Pre-order at Amazon

capttylor34

CAGiversary!
[img-r=4668]3032[/img-r]Update: Price now $400

Remember those $600+ MGS4 Limited Edition Bundles that were only sold by the Konami Store? Amazon now has pre-orders available for $450 $400 shipped with a Nov 4th ship date. The bundle includes:
  • Gun Metal Gray PS3 with a 40GB Hard Drive (No BC)
  • Gray DUALSHOCK 3 wireless controller
  • Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (the game) which includes Metal Gear Online
  • The official "Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots CD Soundtrack" including 16 never-before-released tracks by Harry Gregson-Williams (Shrek, Armageddon, The Rock), Nobuko Toda, and Ennio Morricone.
  • Over two hours of additional content "Hideo Kojima's Gene" a behind-the-scenes vision of Hideo Kojima's production team and the game as well as "The Making of Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots" documentary
[img-l=4668]3033[/img-l] [img-l=4668]3034[/img-l]

Last edited by a moderator:
If I could sell my 40gb and copy of mgs4 if be all over this but I don't know of the ps3 would fetch enough to make this worth it for me.

[quote name='leesiulung']Mofo, $450!!! I paid $600 + tax + shipping for this so-called limited edition. Never trusting Konami again!

Freakin Konami @$!#@!#@#!@R$!$#@%#^$. They ripped me off big time....[/quote]Yeah I feel pretty stupid now. I bought one on eBay. At least I was able to use cash back on it though...

Thinking of this now, I MIGHT have to grab one next month if there are still some available
Getting my paycheck, and I'd like to play some Little Big Planet too lol
I've always been against the 40GB, but if I could get this version for $450, I figure I can make an exception :)

Why are some of you crying about being "ripped off" by Konami? You should know full well what you paid for it. Just because for the first time ever a MGS LE item didn't fully sell out doesn't mean you should cry foul. Besides, why is Konami screwing people over for getting rid of extra PS3s they couldn't sell for $600? It's nothing personal, it's just business. Cry me a fucking river.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']I'll wait for the Hot Topic deal in a couple of years.
I'm just kidding. But, man that'd be great.[/quote]

Yeah I saw this deal and it made me think of the Halo 3 special super limited edition 360...that suuuuuucked

[quote name='ticalmc2k2']Why are some of you crying about being "ripped off" by Konami? You should know full well what you paid for it. Just because for the first time ever a MGS LE item didn't fully sell out doesn't mean you should cry foul. Besides, why is Konami screwing people over for getting rid of extra PS3s they couldn't sell for $600? It's nothing personal, it's just business. Cry me a fucking river.[/quote]

Harsh words, perhaps, but I have to agree with the sentiment. What do you want Konami to do? Sit on these forever? Come on. These consoles did not sell at their original price, and they wanted to get rid of them.

it took me a month of constant contact to get them to send me a box to return mine. im so glad i did now. got a full refund too. i was pissed cuz they still had these left and theres no BC. i knew there wasnt and it was purely a collectors thing. but limited my ass

Now, this is quite a bit more reasonable. Too bad I don't have the cashmoneys, good planning ahead on my part!

I originally ordered this bundle from Konami and then canceled. Even at the $450 price I'd rather just pay $400 for an 80GB PS3, and buy the normal metal gear version.

[quote name='ticalmc2k2']Why are some of you crying about being "ripped off" by Konami? You should know full well what you paid for it. Just because for the first time ever a MGS LE item didn't fully sell out doesn't mean you should cry foul. Besides, why is Konami screwing people over for getting rid of extra PS3s they couldn't sell for $600? It's nothing personal, it's just business. Cry me a fucking river.[/quote]

Any confirmation for your theory that these pre-orders on Amazon are for limited edition PS3s that Konami couldn't sell through their website? As opposed to, say, Konami and Sony deciding to make more and sell them at a lower price point? Maybe these are just unsold units like you say, but if you if you don't have anything to base your statement on, why be a dick about it?

[quote name='shadowkast']hahahahah....this is why CAG needs that one member that can see into the future!!!![/quote]

We have one already: Speedy1961. He just doesn't know much about video games, is all...

[quote name='mortalfloater']What the fuck Konami! Bastards! :censored:[/QUOTE]

it's good to see these rational arguments ;)
but seriously, $450 for a marketing failure. nice. glad to see it on the front page. especially when you can get an 80GB PS3 from Sony w/ their cc for $250.

I can't imagine there would be a huge demand for Konami and Sony to rerelease this LE PS3. I remember wanting one and being so disappointed with the way Konami handled the product. I am so glad I didn't buy into their bullshit. My sentiment goes out to the purchasers of the LE bundle who feel that they have been ripped off. You made the decision to buy it.

[quote name='aegisol']I assume you were trying for the SF signing? I got the one-day shipping ($50? $60? I forgot) and it arrived on Thursday at around 1pm. You would have had to go to the Metreon and line up at the latest 10:30am, as that's where the last people who got signatures were. First in line was there at 2am.[/QUOTE]

I got there at 10:30-11am and I was guaranteed to get in. It had only gone 1-hour (half the time) when I was through, so they got a lot of people through. It makes me wonder why they only do the signing for about 2-hours or so though.... considering fans are waiting for hours. Also, why didn't htey just sell these at the event? They did that at the other events, mofos! Screwed me over twice!

for those who are pissed that they bought it before, you really have nobody but yourselves to blame. It was pretty much clear these were not going to sell out at the price konami was listing them.

I'd sooner buy a used one with the BC than one of the new ones without it. My PS2 is taking quite a while to load the discs, I'm afraid it may be on its last leg.

[quote name='leesiulung']I got there at 10:30-11am and I was guaranteed to get in. It had only gone 1-hour (half the time) when I was through, so they got a lot of people through. It makes me wonder why they only do the signing for about 2-hours or so though.... considering fans are waiting for hours. Also, why didn't htey just sell these at the event? They did that at the other events, mofos! Screwed me over twice![/quote]

That means we were really close in line, haha. I was part of maybe the last twenty to get the wristbands. I assume they just wanted to go home so they dispersed the rest of the line. I think I was the only one there with a gunmetal PS3, so it was obvious who I was...

Konami should have sold it at $450-$500 in the first place... Well, this is definitely a good 2nd chance for those still want one. Too bad that the gunmetal DS3 is not sold individually. All hate comments aside, i agree that the gunmetal PS3 is still limited, overpriced, but limited.

[quote name='mrangrypants']Yeah I saw this deal and it made me think of the Halo 3 special super limited edition 360...that suuuuuucked[/quote]
To be fair it was never announced as a limited edition for that console. It was simply a "Special Edition" (it even said Special Edition on the box, not Limited) and it still came with a bunch of extra stuff (but no game, sadly). I ended up selling my original Pro version and getting that one because it was a cooler running system and all the extras. Plus the green controller was cool.

[quote name='Nobi-Wan']To be fair it was never announced as a limited edition for that console. It was simply a "Special Edition" (it even said Special Edition on the box, not Limited) and it still came with a bunch of extra stuff (but no game, sadly). I ended up selling my original Pro version and getting that one because it was a cooler running system and all the extras. Plus the green controller was cool.[/QUOTE]

I did the same thing and don't regret it in the very least even if it did drop.

[quote name='OGHowie']I got one and I kinda regret it. Especially since I was disappointed with MGS4.[/quote]

Heresy!!! hehe, only joking. But still - heresy!!!

[quote name='qwerty1']play more games[/QUOTE]

So true. Don't get me started on the retarded boss fights and horrible end of the game.

[quote name='mywhitenoise']You guys are fucking crazy. MGS4 is the best game I've ever played in my life.[/QUOTE]

I think MGS 3(Subsistance) is the best combo of graphics, story and gameplay in the series. That what makes it the best overall. MGS PS1/GC remake are a close second or first depending on your personal opinion.

MGS2 had the graphics, but the story was scatterbrained and could be hard to follow at times, and of course the whole Raiden thing.

MGS 4 had gameplay and graphics, but the gameplay fell short towards the end, and the story was to long winded in the final chapter.

I enjoyed MGS 4 but, it did not give me the complete satisfaction I was hoping to get in the finale of Solid Snake's story..

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']MGS4 is a great game. Let's stop ragging on it.[/QUOTE]

I didn't say it wasn't a great game, IMO it's just not the best in the series...

[quote name='js1']I didn't say it wasn't a great game, IMO it's just not the best in the series...[/quote]

I didn't say anything about you personally. Just a general observation.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']I didn't say anything about you personally. Just a general observation.[/QUOTE]

I know.;)

[quote name='cheapskate01']mgs1>mgs3>mgs4>mgs2 :)... mgs1 and mgs3 very close but ill give it to mgs1 because its the first of its kind.[/quote]

I know mine isn't a popular opinion, but my ranking of the MGS games is the exact opposite of that. And I'm a huge MGS fan by the way. (Of the crazy amounts I have spent collecting gaming stuff, the Metal Gear series undoubtedly did the most damage to my wallet.)

MGS2 just blew me away and was ahead of its time. I know it was criticized by many back when it was released, but I think general opinion of it has gradually become more favorable over time. But yeah, I know many still rate it as the low point in the series.

[quote name='kazunori']I know mine isn't a popular opinion, but my ranking of the MGS games is the exact opposite of that. And I'm a huge MGS fan by the way. (Of the crazy amounts I have spent collecting gaming stuff, the Metal Gear series undoubtedly did the most damage to my wallet.)

MGS2 just blew me away and was ahead of its time. I know it was criticized by many back when it was released, but I think general opinion of it has gradually become more favorable over time. But yeah, I know many still rate it as the low point in the series.[/quote]

I'm with you, MGS2 was the best for sure
My MGS ranking
MGS2>MGS1>MGS4>MGS3

MGS3 was meh because of it's lame camo/eating/injury system
Plus I never really cared for the Jungle atmosphere much

I feel sorry for the people that ordered this when it first came out, but I've learned in the past that so called LE PlayStations never are all that limited (I sold my old Slim PS2 for a Silver one that was supposed to be limited to so many, they're still selling them in stores to this day. Nintendo was no better with their Platinum Gamecube). Anyway it's good that it's finally priced to sell, this is how much it should have cost in the begining.

bread's done
Back