PS3 Gunmetal Grey Metal Gear Solid 4 Kojima Bundle $400 Pre-order at Amazon

capttylor34

CAGiversary!
[img-r=4668]3032[/img-r]Update: Price now $400

Remember those $600+ MGS4 Limited Edition Bundles that were only sold by the Konami Store? Amazon now has pre-orders available for $450 $400 shipped with a Nov 4th ship date. The bundle includes:
  • Gun Metal Gray PS3 with a 40GB Hard Drive (No BC)
  • Gray DUALSHOCK 3 wireless controller
  • Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (the game) which includes Metal Gear Online
  • The official "Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots CD Soundtrack" including 16 never-before-released tracks by Harry Gregson-Williams (Shrek, Armageddon, The Rock), Nobuko Toda, and Ennio Morricone.
  • Over two hours of additional content "Hideo Kojima's Gene" a behind-the-scenes vision of Hideo Kojima's production team and the game as well as "The Making of Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots" documentary
[img-l=4668]3033[/img-l] [img-l=4668]3034[/img-l]

Last edited by a moderator:
Was a bit tempted at $450, but at $400, it almost seems like a no brainer. Hope this stays in stock until I have sufficient cash.

[quote name='Serpentor']what's up with the BC whines... gee, the PS2 is not dead you know. Come to think of it, once you got a PS3, you don't want to play lengthy PS2 RPGs on it anyway! As to other PS2 action titles, man, they look like crap even with upscaling. Of course, classic 8-bits are another story...

Anyhow, it's a deal, which makes me regret my Konami purchase as well. However, i'm one of the few lucky ones that Konami pitied (got two for the price of one, $620).[/quote]

im not much for rpgs but i still use my ps3 to play alot of the ps2 titles i never got around to playing or still enjoy playing like gow2 , the godfather and RAD. if you have a decent ps2 collection and still enjoy older titles bc is still a must for a new ps3 owner. im glad i got in on the 80gb mgs bundle when i did since now bc is a thing of a past unless you buy a used system. and the old extras like 4 us slots and the card readers are nice to have as well. now f it could only play gc titles id e very happy.

Signed up for Amazon Prime, get free 2-day shipping now :p
I threw a bid on one of these on ebay in the hopes of getting it for under $400 shipped,
but if I don't win that, I'll be purchasing this on Amazon :)

Edit: meh, screw it
Getting it shipped overnight for just under $440 (with Amazon Prime of course :p)
Not bad :D

Damn, I had almost talked myself into canceling my order from a few days ago but at this price I think I don't think I can say no. While there will likely be some PS3 deals in the next few weeks, I doubt they will be anything more than get a remote free or get a free greatest hits game and I think I'm really start to dig the color on this one.

Saw that the price dropped while on Amazon and ordered it. I was hoping it would turn up in my goldbox but this is even better.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']Wow, I'm surprised they lowered your price considering that is no longer Amazon's policy... congrats on the nice score![/quote]

Amazon still has a pre-order price guarantee.

And yes, this is a great deal. If I didn't already have a PS3, this would have gotten me.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Amazon still has a pre-order price guarantee.

And yes, this is a great deal. If I didn't already have a PS3, this would have gotten me.[/QUOTE]

Ack, didn't realize that this was a pre-order (largely because I didn't click on the listing cause I'm not interested in the system :) )...

Damn, that's tempting. Almost tempting enough for me to return my 80GB MGS4 to Costco (not playing PS2 games much save for P4 coming up)...

ALMOST.

Just wanted to thanks for reposting this - the other thread is still titled at $450 so I never would have known it dropped in price!

I'm thinking about grabbing one for LBP. I was trying to just have the 360 this generation, but this is tempting since I've wanted to play MGS4 for months..

[img-l=4668]3033[/img-l]Heads up, those MGS4 Gunmetal Grey PS3s we posted last week dropped $50 to $400 at Amazon.

The bundle includes:
  • Gun Metal Gray PS3 with a 40GB Hard Drive (No BC)
  • Gray DUALSHOCK 3 wireless controller
  • Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (the game) which includes Metal Gear Online
  • The official "Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots CD Soundtrack" including 16 never-before-released tracks by Harry Gregson-Williams (Shrek, Armageddon, The Rock), Nobuko Toda, and Ennio Morricone.
  • Over two hours of additional content "Hideo Kojima's Gene" a behind-the-scenes vision of Hideo Kojima's production team and the game as well as "The Making of Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots" documentary

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='AshesofWake']if i already preordered it, will it drop in price for me or do i have to call?[/quote]

Sounds like you don't have to do anything

[quote name='Amazon']Pre-order Price Guarantee

Amazon.com's price for not-yet-released items sometimes changes between the time the item is listed for sale and the time it is released and shipped. Whenever you pre-order a book, CD, video, DVD, software, or video game, the price we charge when we ship it to you will be the lowest price offered by Amazon.com between the time you placed your order and the end of the day of the release date. A pre-order price guarantee message will appear on your Order Summary during the checkout process. If you use 1-Click ordering, pre-order price protection will be automatically applied. The order summary in Your Account will reflect the lowest price within 24 hours of the price change.
Terms and Conditions:

• Pre-order Price Guarantee applies only to items sold by Amazon.com, and not to items (or prices) offered by other sellers on our site. Does not apply to any products purchased at Amazon.com's other sites, including Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.de, Amazon.fr, Amazon.co.jp, Amazon.ca, or any other web site operated by Amazon.com or its affiliates.
  • Pre-order Price Guarantee applies only to not-yet-released books, CDs, videos, DVDs, software, and video games sold by Amazon.com. It does not apply to other product lines or to items that have already been released.
  • Pre-order Price Guarantee applies only to qualifying items displaying the offer message on their product detail pages. Items that do not display the offer message do not qualify, regardless of the nature of the items.
  • If your order enters the shipping process before the release date and the price is lowered before the end of the day of the release date, we will automatically refund your credit card for the difference between the price you were charged and the release-date price. If you did not use a credit card to pay for your order, please contact Customer Service.
[/QUOTE]

WoW!
I already have a 40gb but i know its gonna be too much trouble to sell my old 40gb to get this one no matter how cool it is.

Placing this in terms of the $400 80GB perspective, this bundle is certainly worth it *now*.

[quote name='Jon Bon']Well, my parents just ordered one for me for christmas. I'll have to let them know tomorrow.[/quote]
lol... start cleaning your room and washing their cars and when you're done, mow the lawn. :)

Not at all. This is a cool LE and it comes with a $70 game to boot. If I hadn't gotten a BC 80GB PS3 as a replacement for my 60GB (moved, couldn't bring it with me) then I'd be all over this.

[quote name='infinitepez']At 400, this is far too tempting. As someone looking to get a ps3 in the next two months, how likely am I to find a better deal?[/QUOTE]

I want to know this as well. Anybody have any guesses?

I should have done this I simply closed my other ordr and placed a new order but it did push my estimated ship date back 6 days to Nov 10 from Nov 4th
[quote name='TheSuburbanNinja']http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B001IZIAK8/ref=nosim/cheapassgam08-20

Was 450 earlier this week, and now is listed as 399.96

I had to actually talk to someone on the phone, but they updated my 450 order to 399.96, so if anyone was like me and ordered it for 450.00 they should be able to help you out!

With free shipping this is definitely now a way better deal than before.[/quote]

This deal is tempting, for a limited editon gray PS3.

Just wondering, for the average gamer, is 40GB enough? Or too little? After hearing that many games require an install, plus downloading movies/demos, will 40GB handle most downloads? Or will we be deleting all the time to save space?

[quote name='Perfect*Ending']This deal is tempting, for a limited editon gray PS3.

Just wondering, for the average gamer, is 40GB enough? Or too little? After hearing that many games require an install, plus downloading movies/demos, will 40GB handle most downloads? Or will we be deleting all the time to save space?[/quote]

If you never want to have to delete game installs, 40GB will fill up fast. Installs can often take up gigabytes of space...upwards of 5GB at this point. Good thing, though, is that you can easily upgrade the PS3 hard drive with any 2.5" drive and not be breaking the terms of the warranty.

[quote name='Perfect*Ending']This deal is tempting, for a limited editon gray PS3.

Just wondering, for the average gamer, is 40GB enough? Or too little? After hearing that many games require an install, plus downloading movies/demos, will 40GB handle most downloads? Or will we be deleting all the time to save space?[/quote]

Considering the amount content on PS3, and that most every PS3 game requires some kind of install to the HDD, I don't believe 40GB is enough.

[quote name='infinitepez']At 400, this is far too tempting. As someone looking to get a ps3 in the next two months, how likely am I to find a better deal?[/QUOTE]

Saw a deal on Slickdeals for a 80gb PS3 from Dell for $339.99 + free shipping.

Decent deal now with the price at 400 shipped.

If you like Metal Gear. and dont care about BC
Then this is a good deal.

40gigs should last a while for most people.
I had a 20gig which is like 16gig useable space and that was pretty maxed out but ive had it for almost 2 years.

Also you can add your own bigger HDD later on for a small price and easy to do too.

tell me again is this a good deal or should I wait for Black Friday; seein as PS3 is still not picking up sales as it's suppose to and maybe catch a better deal as the economy worldwide has slowed down!!!

I gotta agree with those who don't give a damn about BC. Try to look at it like this. The PS3 will be used for your PS3 games and more than likely your Blu-ray movies. Why add extra wear and tear to it by playing these PS2 and possibly PS1 games as well on the system. I own a MGS4 80gb system and I could care less about the BC. I could see if people would mention the fact that they dumbed it down by sealing the front flap and cutting back on the USB ports and SD slots. Also keep in mind that the PS2 is still very much alive and kicking. And furthermore it could be outselling the PS3 still. So why would Sony shoot themselves in the foot(even more) by making their top selling system obselete with BC. Think about it.

bread's done
Back