PS3 Gunmetal Grey Metal Gear Solid 4 Kojima Bundle $400 Pre-order at Amazon

capttylor34

CAGiversary!
[img-r=4668]3032[/img-r]Update: Price now $400

Remember those $600+ MGS4 Limited Edition Bundles that were only sold by the Konami Store? Amazon now has pre-orders available for $450 $400 shipped with a Nov 4th ship date. The bundle includes:
  • Gun Metal Gray PS3 with a 40GB Hard Drive (No BC)
  • Gray DUALSHOCK 3 wireless controller
  • Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (the game) which includes Metal Gear Online
  • The official "Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots CD Soundtrack" including 16 never-before-released tracks by Harry Gregson-Williams (Shrek, Armageddon, The Rock), Nobuko Toda, and Ennio Morricone.
  • Over two hours of additional content "Hideo Kojima's Gene" a behind-the-scenes vision of Hideo Kojima's production team and the game as well as "The Making of Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots" documentary
[img-l=4668]3033[/img-l] [img-l=4668]3034[/img-l]

Last edited by a moderator:
I vaguely remember the Gunmetal Grey Thread was once of the most viewed threads of all time on CAG, and people were like drones, pouring in by the numbers on wanting to snag this console and then flip it on ebay. Its funny how things have turned out.

As much as it would be nice to have this as a collector's item, I have to pass. But if they ever release a PS3 Slim...

Actually, I called customer support at Amazon and I am getting $100 put back on my credit card after ordering the mgs4 40gb bundle + 4 bluray discs. So basically, I paid $375 for ps3 + 1 game + 4 movies. Pretty sweet deal, but requires some work to get the csr to make it happen.

[quote name='mhrogers']Actually, I called customer support at Amazon and I am getting $100 put back on my credit card after ordering the mgs4 40gb bundle + 4 bluray discs. So basically, I paid $375 for ps3 + 1 game + 4 movies. Pretty sweet deal, but requires some work to get the csr to make it happen.[/quote]

Did you order everything then call? Also how much effort did it take to convince the csr? Did they discount it right away when you mentioned it, or did you have to get a supervisor to push the discount through.

CS support was a no go for me. Supervisor said that that was just an advertisement for the deal. Not the case..but good luck to everyone trying :)

[quote name='mhrogers']Actually, I called customer support at Amazon and I am getting $100 put back on my credit card after ordering the mgs4 40gb bundle + 4 bluray discs. So basically, I paid $375 for ps3 + 1 game + 4 movies. Pretty sweet deal, but requires some work to get the csr to make it happen.[/quote]

i tried to pull this off but the cs rep did not even know of the deal, spent a good half hour just trying to show her the deals page then finally gave up.
i guess i might try again... and again, until i get it :wall:

[quote name='mhrogers']Actually, I called customer support at Amazon and I am getting $100 put back on my credit card after ordering the mgs4 40gb bundle + 4 bluray discs. So basically, I paid $375 for ps3 + 1 game + 4 movies. Pretty sweet deal, but requires some work to get the csr to make it happen.[/QUOTE]

Did you get the BR remote too?

[quote name='opportunity777']Did you get the BR remote too?[/quote]

Nope, no remote. The CSR I spoke with said the deals wouldn't stack. Don't know how I got lucky enough to get the $100 off when everyone else is having trouble. I just told him I saw the link to the deal on the bundle's item page, he checked to make sure the movies were on the list, then he put me on hold for about 5 minutes. When he came back, he told me they would credit my card back the money. I've yet to check my account for the refund, but he assured me there would be no problems. Anyone else have luck with this, or am I the only one?

[quote name='mhrogers']Nope, no remote. The CSR I spoke with said the deals wouldn't stack. Don't know how I got lucky enough to get the $100 off when everyone else is having trouble. I just told him I saw the link to the deal on the bundle's item page, he checked to make sure the movies were on the list, then he put me on hold for about 5 minutes. When he came back, he told me they would credit my card back the money. I've yet to check my account for the refund, but he assured me there would be no problems. Anyone else have luck with this, or am I the only one?[/quote]
Since the bundle is a preorder, they wouldn't have shipped it and so they should just discount the order by $100 directly. That's how it usually work for an order that hasn't entered the shipping phase.

If the order has been shipped, then they would apply the discount in the form of a refund to your CC.

Your bundle couldn't have shipped. Did they already ship your BR discs separately?

I just called up there and talked to a rep for about twenty minutes. Nice guy. Unfortunately, I have a feeling the majority of us are going to have a hard time getting this blu ray promotion to work with this preorder. He said he talked to the head and that a lot of these promotions don't really happen with bundled consoles like this one.

Does Amazon have a large supply of these Gunmetal systems? They haven't closed down preorders yet and undoubtedly a lot of people have placed orders. There can't be only 9,000 of these systems, right?

BC is a major deal to people for many valid reasons. Here are just a few:

- One less thing to take up space
- An extra A/V jack in the back of you set
- Having you games look as crisp and clear as possible
- Putting your memory card files onto one hard drive
- Never having to fuss with multiple memory cards
- No worries about dead or defunk memory cards
- Faster load times
- Extra $$$ once you sell your PS2
- A light and wireless controller

For those of you with the logic of no BC, you might as well have a PS1, PS2, and PS3.

Bravo.:applause:

[quote name='Jedah Doma']BC is a major deal to people for many valid reasons. Here are just a few:

- One less thing to take up space
- An extra A/V jack in the back of you set
- Having you games look as crisp and clear as possible
- Putting your memory card files onto one hard drive
- Never having to fuss with multiple memory cards
- No worries about dead or defunk memory cards
- Faster load times
- Extra $$$ once you sell your PS2
- A light and wireless controller

For those of you with the logic of no BC, you might as well have a PS1, PS2, and PS3.

Bravo.:applause:[/quote]

No need for a PS1. All PS3's can play PS1 games with no trouble.

Sold out?
Still showing up on the page on my browser :S

Anyways, I'm glad I canceled my pre-order
I think I'm just gonna stick with my PC for awhile lol
LBP might be good, not good enough to purchase a console for though :(

This generation has gotten more expensive, anyhow PS3 has to eventually drop its price because of the new XBOX prices.

I also tried and failed to get amazon to give me the promotion with the $100 off with 4 blu-rays. The guy said it's only for the 80gb console.

It seems like only one poster was successful getting a manual adjustment of $100 off with the 4 BR deal. Any more?

Actually, I was also able to get an adjustment for my purchase of the Kojima bundle and the $100 off with 4 BluRay movies. Remember to buy the bundle and the discs first and then call their customer service number. Tell them that you weren't able to apply the promotion on your purchase. It took me 2 tries and it took about 20 minutes for my homeboy, Manesh, to adjust it. Insist that the promotion appears on the Kojima bundle page and that it says "Blu-ray player".

After a few minutes on hold, Manesh told me to cancel and reorder. I tried to do what he said but it gave me an error saying that I exceeded the purchase limit so he ended up just adjusting it manually.

I was also able to call, and get the $100 adjustment. Called them up and said that the link appears on the page for the 4 BR movies with $100 off, and I told them I didn't notice when I ordered the system, the rep told me to cancel my order, I told her I didn't want to do that because this was a limited bundle and I was afraid it would be sold out if I cancelled my order and tried to reorder. So she told me to add 4 of the movies from the list that I wanted and buy them. Once I bought them she adjusted my bundle total to $299.96. Plus $69.80 for the 4 movies (I Am Legend, 300, Troy, and Batman Begins), for a total of $369.76 shipped.

Took me 45 minutes of trying to convince them but I got it...note that I did not place the order before calling and I still got it. Just be persistent...and nice, make a joke if you have to, whatever it takes, just annoy the hell out of them....haha Got 300, Troy, 10,000 BC, and I am legend = D

[quote name='SNESimon']I was also able to call, and get the $100 adjustment. Called them up and said that the link appears on the page for the 4 BR movies with $100 off, and I told them I didn't notice when I ordered the system, the rep told me to cancel my order, I told her I didn't want to do that because this was a limited bundle and I was afraid it would be sold out if I cancelled my order and tried to reorder. So she told me to add 4 of the movies from the list that I wanted and buy them. Once I bought them she adjusted my bundle total to $299.96. Plus $69.80 for the 4 movies (I Am Legend, 300, Troy, and Batman Begins), for a total of $369.76 shipped.[/quote]
Does it mean if you cancel the 4 movies, you'll be left with the bundle for $299.66? :evil::evil::evil:

Not saying you should do it but just couldn't resist the thought of it... :lol:

I'll put in a call to see if I can get the $100 off. If I can, then I'm grabbing this bundle along with 300, Batman Begins, Troy, and I Am Legend. Should end up at under $370, which is a really good deal. Lets see if it works.

EDIT - No luck so far, still on the phone.

EDIT 2 - 17 minutes on the phone, and no discount. I might try again later, since $100 is worth the effort.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='eau']Does it mean if you cancel the 4 movies, you'll be left with the bundle for $299.66? :evil::evil::evil:

Not saying you should do it but just couldn't resist the thought of it... :lol:[/quote]That's really dishonest but it would be a greaat deal for sure.

[quote name='eau']Does it mean if you cancel the 4 movies, you'll be left with the bundle for $299.66? :evil::evil::evil:

Not saying you should do it but just couldn't resist the thought of it... :lol:[/QUOTE]

Yes I can cancel the second order with the movies, but I would feel like an A$$hole. :shame:

[quote name='SNESimon']Yes I can cancel the second order with the movies, but I would feel like an A$$hole. :shame:[/quote]

Same here but I'm gonna wait until the PS3 shows up before I decide on whether or not I want to cancel to other order (most of my selections were back ordered). I wasn't fortunate enough to the MGS one but I've got $100 off my PS3 order and a separate order on my blu's.

My god. I gave it a second try and I literally spent 45 minutes with one rep/15 minutes with another. I lost my order in line but at least I'll get the refund and blu-rays.

[quote name='nintendoforever']Now this bundle is available at WalMart.com

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10737350

$399.99, free shipping site to store

I am a huge metal gear fan, and I had preordered this through Konami originally but I cancelled and now I am glad I did as I saved over $200 by waiting until amazon got them.[/quote]
fuck This isn't as rare as Konami had us believed. Did they just manufacture another shitload of them?

I am a huge metal gear fan, and I had preordered this through Konami originally but I cancelled and now I am glad I did as I saved over $200 by waiting until amazon got them.[/quote]

Wal-Mart? I dunno what's going on, but I almost feel sorry for those who bought day one from Konami. So much for rare, limited?

OUCH! This just keeps getting worse for the people that originally purchased from Konami.

[quote name='eau']fuck This isn't as rare as Konami had us believed. Did they just manufacture another shitload of them?[/QUOTE]

They freaking manufactured new stock. There is now way in hell, they had that many left out of 10,000. They screwed us over. I got suckered into it and will never trust or buy a Konami product again. I hope that was worth $250 to Konami for ripping me off.... I urge others to do the same.

Wal fucking Mart!? I goddamn work there! I paid 620 to get this "exclusive" bastard months ago, and here you are, at the world's largest retailer for christknowshowlong!

I would say this is a good deal, but you can still get more for less with a vanilla ps3.

Damn.

[quote name='Demise_Angel']It is shipping now, just got the email = D Amazon Prime by the way...[/quote]

Enjoy non-exclusivity. Although you can't beat $400 for this. I feel bad for the people that dropped $650+

[quote name='dinobot']Just wow.

how many did they make? that initial 10,000 unit must be a joke if it is on both amazon and walmart now.[/quote]

It sounds like a re-print

[quote name='blk00civicsi']Enjoy non-exclusivity. Although you can't beat $400 for this. I feel bad for the people that dropped $650+[/quote]

You must enjoy being a hater.

bread's done
Back