PS3 Price Increase Revealed

Lol... so great... where's the Wii news though? like, "the wii is actually coming out with good games, says nintendo"... lol

Only been tricked once today, and that's because the dude cheated and posted it at about 11:30 last night, and I looked at the date and thought it was legit.

Lol at the people who fell for it, but I don't think CAG Platinum will ever be topped. That one got me SO BAD :lol:

This wasa pretty good one but Cag Preimum had me completly baffled xD Im not gonna lie, this one got me early in the morning and the 360 one did too. Good job Cheapy

Nice job, Cheapy. I usually avoid the internet for the most part on April 1st because all the prank stories get a little tiresome, but for some reason, I always look forward to the fakes on CAG. This one had me laughing from just the headline.

I want the full BC back also just incase something happens to my PS3. I thought it might be true and that Sony was going to test the market with a limited run to see if they would sell. However after I saw how large the HDDs were I was shocked that they would be that much then I looked at the picture and remembered that this was posted on April 1. If you would have had a better picture and made the HDDs a 100 and 120 GB I would have fell for it.

This one definitely fooled me. I was wondering why Sony would make a move like that considering all the bad press they would garner from it. I know BC is important but to some less savvy people it just seems like a needless raise in price.

Damn. I got really excited about this for a minute. I spent the last few months looking at overpriced, 800-1,000 dollar hardware compatible PS3's before resentfully settling on a non-compatible PS3 and switching between an HDMI setup and a composite setup to switch games. More work than I'd like, but putting pricing back into the hands of Sony and away from greedy vendors and their super-bloated prices for discontinued machines would've fixed all that. Then I remembered why I avoided the internet yesterday....

This is the nail in the PS3's coffin. What Sony should have done was phase out the PS2, make the PS3 backwards compatible with all PS2 games, make the price equal or slightly cheaper than the Xbox 360 and they would be in great shape to either tie or best the Xbox 360.
Make no mistake, the PS3 is a great console with slightly sharper graphics than the 360 and I play Blue Ray movies on it (once every 4-6 months) plus it has built in wi-fi. The 360 has better exclusives, what more can I say?:bouncy:

I was wondering what if Sony actually implemented this.:lol:

*sony exec dudes looking at each other*
make moar mobnieZ???...... meh why not *shruggz*-------> 500 jiggabytes it iz.

cheapyz joke poastz coming true would be zomgz! :dunce:

soothsayer.gif

:roll:[quote name='keiko01']This is the nail in the PS3's coffin. What Sony should have done was phase out the PS2, make the PS3 backwards compatible with all PS2 games, make the price equal or slightly cheaper than the Xbox 360 and they would be in great shape to either tie or best the Xbox 360.
Make no mistake, the PS3 is a great console with slightly sharper graphics than the 360 and I play Blue Ray movies on it (once every 4-6 months) plus it has built in wi-fi. The 360 has better exclusives, what more can I say?:bouncy:[/quote]

Hey Xbox fanboy, it's an April fool's joke. Attacking an april fool's joke and forcing yourself to believe it's true.. how sad is that?

I knew it was a joke and I'm not an Xbox fanboy though I have all 3 consoles and like all of them. How sad is that Sony fanboy? Yeah you AeonShadowX fool boy.

[quote name='keiko01']This is the nail in the PS3's coffin. What Sony should have done was phase out the PS2, make the PS3 backwards compatible with all PS2 games, make the price equal or slightly cheaper than the Xbox 360 and they would be in great shape to either tie or best the Xbox 360.
Make no mistake, the PS3 is a great console with slightly sharper graphics than the 360 and I play Blue Ray movies on it (once every 4-6 months) plus it has built in wi-fi. The 360 has better exclusives, what more can I say?:bouncy:[/quote]

Say that for now about the exclusives. Things don't always stay the same as they are.

[quote name='keiko01']This is the nail in the PS3's coffin. What Sony should have done was phase out the PS2, make the PS3 backwards compatible with all PS2 games, make the price equal or slightly cheaper than the Xbox 360 and they would be in great shape to either tie or best the Xbox 360.
you sad sad soul. in denial huh? you bought into the april fool's joke. And FYI i own both xbox n ps3, and by that, owners of all consoles can still be bias. Yet i'm neither a ps3 nor xbox fanboy and you "assumed" i'm a sony fanboy? Oh yeah because sony is the direct competition of microsoft! ha ha ha(Q_Q) you got burnt... and pwned beyond #'s

FYI Sony coffin? = your fantasy?

It is too bad it is a april fools joke. Many people really do want backward compatiblity. (got my BC ps3 4 months before buying a game for it, to get a BC model.) At gamestop, the used BC models cost more the new ps3 models. Sony just doesn't get it. (i.e. i still don't get many ps3 games now, as i know they will not work on the PS4.) Too bad sony can't figure this out.

bread's done
Back