PSN Fall games sale. 50% off Flower, Last Guy, & More...

integrafied1

CAGiversary!
I have not seen a post for this so I thought I'd share;
It seems Sony is discounting select PSN titles for 50% off.
Fall sale will be ongoing between Nov. 24th through Dec. 2nd (Thanks J7.)
Found this info here

Flower
Regular price: $9.99
Sale price: $4.99

The Last Guy

Comet Crash

Prince of Persia Classic

Bomberman Ultra

Smash Cars
Regular price: $14.99
Sale price: $7.49

Invincible Tiger: The Legend of Han Tao
Regular price: $14.99
Sale price: $7.49

I've been waiting a long time for Flower to go on sale, so I finally picked it up. more than just a tech demo... but that's my opinion

[quote name='Serpentor']Question, Prince of Persia Classic, is that for the PSP? can it be played on the PS3? And i'm guessing no trophies?[/QUOTE]
It's for PSN, playable on PS3.

[quote name='Virsago']gettin

flower
last guy (maybe)
comet crash

is prince of persia classic any good?[/QUOTE]
Yes. It's a good remake. Flashback, OotW, Blackthorne, Oddworld, -esque gameplay.

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']I'm sorry, I was talking about Linger in Shadows, I thought that was clear from the quote.
[/QUOTE]

The quote was in response to another poster's impressions of Flower, which is why I figured it was what you were also referring to. Since you were referring to something else you can ignore that.

I am highly interested in Flower, i have to get it when i'm near my PS3. Also all this talk about PoP recently has had me interested in the series again...

I picked up Smash Cars, Comet Crash, and Flower. Already got The Last Guy the first time it was on sale and the rest I would rather get on 360 or already own them (Bomberman).

in for

Flower

The Last Guy

Bomberman Ultra

[quote name='sabanoo']Has anyone played this version of Bomberman? I have not been pleased with some of the more recent Bomberman releases (like Bomberman Land for Wii) so I'm wondering if this is like the Bomberman everyone loves or not.[/QUOTE]

From what i read it's basically the same as the 360 Bomberman Live, w/ just more stuff added.

it's got the classic bomberman. almost identical to when i used to play super bomberman on the SNES. back when consoles still supported 4 players lol.

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ps3/bombermanultra?q=bomberman

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ps3/flower?q=flower

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ps3/lastguy?q=the last guy

grabbed flower and def suggest it.
last night a friend and i played it for like a half hour and were almost fighting over who would get to watch and who had to play.

Im prob gonna skip the rest of them.

[quote name='J7.']
Yes. It's a good remake. Flashback, OotW, Blackthorne, Oddworld, -esque gameplay.[/QUOTE]

Man, you made me remember the fun I had with Flashback. What a great game, I wish they would remake that.

PoP Classic is worth the $5 to me, but anyone interested in it needs to be prepared to only have an hours worth of gameplay involved if you figure out the puzzles. Small nitpicks though for a classic game at only $5

[quote name='Wonka the Troll']What token2k6 said about Flower. I hear it is great, but why?[/QUOTE]

It's just very cool and trippy. It's not actually much of a GAME per say, but it's beautiful and it IS an interactive experience. I can't imagine anyone being upset with Flower for $5. There really isnt any other game quite like it.

[quote name='wrencrest']Man, you made me remember the fun I had with Flashback. What a great game, I wish they would remake that.

PoP Classic is worth the $5 to me, but anyone interested in it needs to be prepared to only have an hours worth of gameplay involved if you figure out the puzzles. Small nitpicks though for a classic game at only $5[/QUOTE]

Good to know... one question, does PoP Classic have trophies? Thanks!

Bomberman Ultra is the XBLA Bomberman Live game with all 3 DLC packs included. So $5 is a great deal. Just be warned that a sequel is already in the works, so the community may die off a bit when that comes out.

I'm in for Flower, TLG, and maybe Comet Crash. I'd recommend people stay away from the PoP remake. I got it on XBL awhile back and was not impressed at all.

EDIT: Amazon seems to be matching the prices of Flower & TLG.

I got Flower when it first came out and it's a really fun, chill game. I'd like to pick up Invincible Tiger, but 7.50 is still too much for it IMO.

Got Flower and me and my friends loved it. We spent a few hours taking turns playing the game and everyone found it interesting at least for a while.

$5 is a great price for Flower.

I had meant to get it earlier but took advantage of the sale!

My 7 year old daughter is loving it.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']Why does PSN charge tax? thats stupid! i bought a 20 dollar card wanting 4 games and now i can only get 3? ugh fail[/QUOTE]

Change the home state in your user profile address to somewhere that doesn't charge sales tax, like Oregon or Delaware.

[quote name='token2k6']yeah but is flower a game, or a 'tech' demo? what is the purpose? to make sure your petal flies around unharmed and see the surroundings??[/QUOTE]
Flower is a different gaming experience and clearly shows the maturity of video games. If you're not open to the thought that games can be more than just fantasy and violence you should do yourself a favor and skip it.

I'd really like to get Flower but I just ordered my PS3 today (BB sale) and I doubt it'll get here by 12/2 when this sale is over. I take it from previous comments in this thread that I have to be able to download the game upon purchase; in other words I can't buy it now on sale and download it when my PS3 arrives. Right?

[quote name='The Linguist']I'd really like to get Flower but I just ordered my PS3 today (BB sale) and I doubt it'll get here by 12/2 when this sale is over. I take it from previous comments in this thread that I have to be able to download the game upon purchase; in other words I can't buy it now on sale and download it when my PS3 arrives. Right?[/QUOTE]

I believe you can download it when you want after you purchase it. If you buy it from Amazon, they'll give you a purchase code that you can enter when you get your PS3.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002GP6WA...iveASIN=B002GP6WAE&adid=1CHK9AX0BZ21485WF2Y9&

Last edited by a moderator:
Im in for Bomberman Ultra! I've always wanted this for the 360 but the complete game with all add-ons is 1500 points thats like $20 and now thats on sale on the PSN for $4.99 I'll be getting it!

Strange. I bought Flower at amazon for $4.99, but a promotion was applied so I got it for free.

The only video game promo that I had was $5 for pre-ordering Uncharted 2, but I was under the impression that all of the pre-order promos were for physical merchandise only. Is that not the case?

[quote name='blue_volvo']Strange. I bought Flower at amazon for $4.99, but a promotion was applied so I got it for free.

The only video game promo that I had was $5 for pre-ordering Uncharted 2, but I was under the impression that all of the pre-order promos were for physical merchandise only. Is that not the case?[/QUOTE]

The Last Guy is showing up as $0.00 for me. I have a $20 credit. If you could bring up the order page for that, we could figure it out. I don't want to risk my $20 promo.

EDIT: Just tried it with another account. It was automatically using the promo on my account to bring it down to $0.00.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MrBeatdown']The Last Guy is showing up as $0.00 for me. I have a $20 credit. If you could bring up the order page for that, we could figure it out. I don't want to risk my $20 promo.[/QUOTE]
I just order Flower, and it only took $4.99 out of my credit. It didn't take the entire $10 credit I had if that's what you're wondering.

Oooh, I have a penny leftover then. I think I will call amazon and see if I can get them to apply the credit to my GOW3 pre-order. ;)

Nice. I was kind of holding off, but I might end up getting Flower from Amazon now. I hate leaving tiny amounts in my PSN wallet/account. :p

If anyone is still on the fence, don't forget that most of these have demos. I ended up trying the demos for Smash Cars, Comet Crash and The Last Guy.

I really wasn't feeling The Last Guy, it seems its most notable concept is that it is using actual layouts of the city, but the 'grab as many citizens as you can and lead them back to the checkpoint' gameplay was pretty boring. Like playing follow the leader on Google Maps.

Had fun with the single stage of Smash Cars but that was probably enough to whet my appetite. I don't think the game is deep enough to keep my attention past a half an hour of playing. Think of it as a really basic Pure, but with RC cars, which seems pretty cool but it is just too shallow.

Now Comet Crash is the one that took me by surprise, and after doing a little research, I found that it received some pretty good reviews. Little different take on the Tower Defense genre in that you can also fight back. I'd definitely try out the demo if you like TD games. I'm still trying to grasp everything but it kept me interested enough to come back to it. Gets pretty hectic, too.

Right now I'm leaning toward Flower, Comet Crash and maybe Prince of Persia (I have the original on SNES but I'm wondering if it is worth getting again just to see it with a new coat of paint). Oh and I already picked up Bomberman Ultra, gonna get a few games of Bomberman in right now...

I haven't regretted purchasing Flower for one second. It's been a terrific little game and even though I'm about half way through it after an hour or 2, it's been an incredibly enjoyable time with the game.

I'm really looking at Comet Crash now. I just keep hearing great things about it.

I ended up buying flower, Killzone 2 bundle & Smash Cars. Might get PoP and Comet Crash, I'm just still very much undecided about both.

I made a blind buy on Smash Cars though despite reading what everybody has said about it but I had so much fun playing Revolt (I think that's what it was called) on the ps2. So hopefully I can get the same kind of experience.

Flower was really fun. Very light hearted and calming in the first couple levels but as it progressed, got more dark and saddening. I'm scurred to play it now. :cold:

I really hope my BB $20 PSN card gets here. However, it doesn't even say it's shipping on BB.com even though I ordered it on Saturday morning

[quote name='mis0']Flower was really fun. Very light hearted and calming in the first couple levels but as it progressed, got more dark and saddening. I'm scurred to play it now. :cold:[/QUOTE]

You did complete it though right? Well, the main 6 levels. No narrative whatsoever and still a better story than most games ;)

bread's done
Back