PSN Fall games sale. 50% off Flower, Last Guy, & More...

integrafied1

CAGiversary!
I have not seen a post for this so I thought I'd share;
It seems Sony is discounting select PSN titles for 50% off.
Fall sale will be ongoing between Nov. 24th through Dec. 2nd (Thanks J7.)
Found this info here

Flower
Regular price: $9.99
Sale price: $4.99

The Last Guy

Comet Crash

Prince of Persia Classic

Bomberman Ultra

Smash Cars
Regular price: $14.99
Sale price: $7.49

Invincible Tiger: The Legend of Han Tao
Regular price: $14.99
Sale price: $7.49

The Prince of Persia Classic is a very poor attempt at a re-do...I'd rather have my $4.99 back.

Do not buy it...the graphics are horrible and blocky...just play the original if you want to scratch an itch.

Any ideas on the exact time this sale will end, for instance midnight 12/2?

I'm just curious if I should bug Amazon about my credit. My item already shipped, but haven't received my email yet.

[quote name='the4thnobleman']Ditto on that credit....

I really don't want to miss these and may just scoop them up anyway.[/QUOTE]

I dont think there will be a sale like this for another while, maybe christmas but I'm not gonna take the chance since the deals end tomorrow and my Best Buy free $20 PSN card still hasnt gotten to me.

[quote name='Fighterspledge']Thanks for posting this here because I wouldn't have seen this anywhere else.[/QUOTE]

It's all over your PS3, if you ever turn that on.

[quote name='Decker']It's all over your PS3, if you ever turn that on.[/QUOTE]

If he's like me, my nephews are always playing it, so once again thank you for the info! ;)

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

It appears Amazon has raised the prices already, so you may want to hurry if the PSN store hasn't also.

My Amazon promo credit came in at the last second and I was able to get Flower and Comet Crash--two games that I've been wanting to get all year.

This seems like a really dumb question, but I've looked everywhere on the PSN store and cannot find the demos for these games (Flower, the Last Guy, etc). Are they under the regular "demo" screen?

No demo for flower, I know there used to be a demo for The Last Guy as I downloaded it about a year ago, don't know if it's still up there though.

Yeah there's no demo for Flower, hence why I never got it. But for $5 I'll give it a shot. I just hope I don't regret it like I did for Pixel Junk Eden.

[quote name='Penguin1084']has anyone received their $20 PSN credit from amazon yet?[/QUOTE]

Yep, several people here on the forums have gotten it, including myself.

[quote name='crazyj']I dont think there will be a sale like this for another while, maybe christmas but I'm not gonna take the chance since the deals end tomorrow and my Best Buy free $20 PSN card still hasnt gotten to me.[/QUOTE]

PSN only has sales in Fall and Summer unless developers give special promotions like previously for Wipeout HD and various other PSN titles. I'm also waiting for my $20 PSN credit from amazon my items shipped this morning not sure if I will get it in time :bomb:

[quote name='Musashi']It appears Amazon has raised the prices already, so you may want to hurry if the PSN store hasn't also.[/QUOTE]

Can anyone confirm if the sale (particularly the $4.99 Flower) is still live on PSN (not Amazon)? My PS3 isn't hooked up yet.

Also, does PSN require you to update to the latest firmware before connecting, like Xbox Live requires you to accept the latest update before you connect? There's a lot of negative comments online about the latest firmware update (3.1?) causing all kinds of problems; don't know how valid they are but a little wary.

Hmm, so Flower is good? Isn't it just like, a tech demo for SixAxis? I never really liked using SixAxis, so basing a whole game around it with weird gameplay and no real "plot"...is it worth the 5-10 bucks?

If you don't like the six axis, don't get it, obviously. However, it works good, beyond good, amazing. You can flip the controller upside down if you want and you'll do a loop ingame and fly towards the screen. The motion controls are damn amazing and I was very surprised at how well the game handled, thinking it would be a bit tougher.

Beautiful graphics and music; simple premise; fluid controls; endearing "story" if you'll give it a bit of room instead of trying to nail down specific characters, narrative and plot(which you can't anyway).

It's artsy, but I don't think it's so abstract that you'd need to be a millionaire art collector just to appreciate it.

So "is it good"? Gamefaqs reviews averaged to an 8.7, exact same as gamerankings average(critics). So yes.

Flower is well worth $5, it's nice for just sitting back mindlessly for awhile, and women love it.

-Vortextk did far better than me in summing it up. =p

Bought Flower last night for $5. Played two levels of it and I was pretty clumsy at navigating the flower petals. I'm not too sure what to make of the game just yet. It was enjoyable, but I'm not sure I would recommend other people to buy it. Like others have said, it seemed like more of a tech demo to demonstrate the Sixaxis' potential.

I just ordered Flower now on Amazon for $4.99. Not sure why some folks are/were not seeing the discount anymore.

I bought Prince of Persia Classic, Comet Crash, Flower, and Last Guy and so far the only game I've regretted purchasing was PoPC (spotty controls and not very enjoyable combat). Played and beat flower, at first I thought I was going to get bored with it, but they start changing things up a little in Stage 3 and 4, and Stage 5 takes a nice sinister turn.

Hmmm... I got my Amazon credit yesterday - I guess I better buy stuff now. I got Flower when it first came out and Last Guy when it was on sale about a year ago. I'm looking at Comet Crash and Smash Cars, but I'm just not sure.

I assume you can spend $5 of the Amazon credit and still have the rest left on your account, eh?

[quote name='io']Hmmm... I got my Amazon credit yesterday - I guess I better buy stuff now. I got Flower when it first came out and Last Guy when it was on sale about a year ago. I'm looking at Comet Crash and Smash Cars, but I'm just not sure.

I assume you can spend $5 of the Amazon credit and still have the rest left on your account, eh?[/QUOTE]

Still looking for a solid answer, but this has to be the case. There is hardly anything in the store at 20 dollars to spend it on.

[quote name='io']Hmmm... I got my Amazon credit yesterday - I guess I better buy stuff now. I got Flower when it first came out and Last Guy when it was on sale about a year ago. I'm looking at Comet Crash and Smash Cars, but I'm just not sure.

I assume you can spend $5 of the Amazon credit and still have the rest left on your account, eh?[/QUOTE]

That's what I've been doing (successfully) so far... so consider it confirmed, at least by me :)

Argh this is so annoying, my buy80get40 promo code wasn't completely used on LBP goty, so instead of 40+10 credit, it only used 30+2 10 credits. After shadow complex used some more, that leaves me with 10$ that can only be spent on a current home console game, 5$ any use VG credit, and finally got my code for the 20$ on amazon's psn store.

The whole point of that credit was to save for BF deals, nothing which tickled my fancy till this deal. Need to find a really cheap game to use that 10$ on since everything else is already pre-ordered and I don't want to spend much actual money(yay for 3 paychecks this month).

Alright, looking at reviews, I'm gonna get Comet Crash but pass on Smash Cars.

I've never bought from the Amazon PSN store - you just get a code to enter on the PS3 later?

Yup, that's what I got for shadow complex the other day. Makes you re-enter your CC info(or atleast me) every single time you want to just go to the final check out page for these downloadables to check how the credits are working.

It gives you an option to e-mail and I think the text the code after you buy it. Might be a good idea since I'm failing to see the code stored anywhere from my purchase(besides the final page of buying and the e-mail I had amazon send myself).

[quote name='Vortextk']Yup, that's what I got for shadow complex the other day. Makes you re-enter your CC info(or atleast me) every single time you want to just go to the final check out page for these downloadables to check how the credits are working.

It gives you an option to e-mail and I think the text the code after you buy it. Might be a good idea since I'm failing to see the code stored anywhere from my purchase(besides the final page of buying and the e-mail I had amazon send myself).[/QUOTE]

The codes are all listed (permanently) on your purchased item history page (or whatever it's called)... now that the prices are back, I'm going to get The Last Guy as well...

WTF!? What a bizarre ordering process.

First it asked me to completely reenter my credit card info saying they are trying to make sure it is an authorized purchase. Funny, they didn't do this for the hundreds of dollars I spent over the weekend, but they do it for a $4.99 PSN game.

(Edit - I see this has been discussed - oh well, I can't read every post ;))

Then it said it used a $4.99 promo so that looks good. But then it asked me to enter some of those annoying, hard-to-read characters to verify the purchase. Again, odd that it does it for this but not regular purchases. And then it spent a long time processing and now I need to accept something and click yet another button to view the code. Ok then...

[quote name='io']WTF!? What a bizarre ordering process.

First it asked me to completely reenter my credit card info saying they are trying to make sure it is an authorized purchase. Funny, they didn't do this for the hundreds of dollars I spent over the weekend, but they do it for a $4.99 PSN game.

Then it said it used a $4.99 promo so that looks good. But then it asked me to enter some of those annoying, hard-to-read characters to verify the purchase. Again, odd that it does it for this but not regular purchases. And then it spent a long time processing and now I need to accept something and click yet another button to view the code. Ok then...[/QUOTE]

Yep, I've been through that for all three of my purchases...

[quote name='io']Alright, looking at reviews, I'm gonna get Comet Crash but pass on Smash Cars.[/QUOTE]

I downloaded the Smash Cars demo, but have yet to try it. :p

Brought the last guy, comet crash, and flower with my amazon credit. Not sure what to do with the remaining $5 credit

OK, so some of these aren't on Amazon I take it. I don't see Smash Cars or Bomberman Ultra. I'd probably have gotten Bomberman with my credit. The problem is I now have $15 and it is unlikely anything will be $5 again before March 31st when the credit expires. I'm sure there will be a $10 thing I can get though...

I suppose if worse comes to worst I can get Quest for Booty and just chip in the extra $1. I bought Fat Princess at release and have Braid on the 360 (two $15 games that would have been good uses of the leftovers).

It is odd what they have vs what they don't have. I mean LBP costume packs but not Bomberman or FF VII? Oh well, I'll wait - got 4 months...

[quote name='62t']Brought the last guy, comet crash, and flower with my amazon credit. Not sure what to do with the remaining $5 credit[/QUOTE]

I'm waiting for another sale. bound to be another one before 3/31/10.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']The codes are all listed (permanently) on your purchased item history page (or whatever it's called)... now that the prices are back, I'm going to get The Last Guy as well...[/QUOTE]

Aha. I had to go to the order, then click the "your games & software library" button and there it is. Didn't notice that.

I just received my $20 PSN credit and immediately ordered Flowers while it's on sale. Will probably wait to see what they'll have on sale until 3/31/10.

[quote name='bl00dtypex']So we can only use $20 PSN credit through amazon? I still haven't gotten my credit !!!!![/QUOTE]

Only through the amazon psn store. Since they don't update it or something(why the hell isn't it up to par with regular psn?) you are limited, so start browsing now of what you actually want and can get off amazon. Sucks a little bit, but I had a ton of credit from pre-orders at amazon and 0 at bestbuy, so limited or not it was a better choice for some people.

[quote name='doodofdoods']I'm waiting for another sale. bound to be another one before 3/31/10.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Two suggestions if Sony is listening ;).

Burnout Paradise Big Surf Island for $9.99 or less (currently $12.99).

Fat Princess for $9.99 (currently $14.99).

When do we get the Amazon PSN credit? My cyber monday order shipped today, but no credit. Either I get my credit or I'll cancel the order!

bread's done
Back