PSN Fall games sale. 50% off Flower, Last Guy, & More...

integrafied1

CAGiversary!
I have not seen a post for this so I thought I'd share;
It seems Sony is discounting select PSN titles for 50% off.
Fall sale will be ongoing between Nov. 24th through Dec. 2nd (Thanks J7.)
Found this info here

Flower
Regular price: $9.99
Sale price: $4.99

The Last Guy

Comet Crash

Prince of Persia Classic

Bomberman Ultra

Smash Cars
Regular price: $14.99
Sale price: $7.49

Invincible Tiger: The Legend of Han Tao
Regular price: $14.99
Sale price: $7.49

[quote name='LeonSKennedy']Same here. Two suggestions if Sony is listening ;).

Burnout Paradise Big Surf Island for $9.99 or less (currently $12.99).

Fat Princess for $9.99 (currently $14.99).[/QUOTE]

I've been waiting for a year for PixelJunk Monsters to be on sale again. I think it was $5 like a year and a half or two years ago and I got my PS3 last December. So, yeah, $5 on that please ;).

Sill patiently waiting for Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 to go on sale. The Capcom games have gone on sale occasionally in the past, so I'm hoping it happens again soon.

[quote name='io']I've been waiting for a year for PixelJunk Monsters to be on sale again. I think it was $5 like a year and a half or two years ago and I got my PS3 last December. So, yeah, $5 on that please ;).[/QUOTE]

You probably got a cheap game, maybe with some credit, off amazon, that gave you even more credit to be spent on the psn store.

Just buy it you cheap ass ;)

Just bought Flower and The Last Guy off Amazon. (Funny, I don't even have a PS3 yet.)

I have some more PSN credit laying around, so I'm looking at getting Fat Princess and PixelJunk Monsters, eventually. They need to go on sale though.

[quote name='BiggBosss']Does anybody still play Bomberman Ultra online?[/QUOTE]

From my own personal experience after buying the game, no! :cry:

I was able to play a session yesterday with someone, and it was a blast (nice pun huh ;) ) while it lasted.

Maybe us CAG's (I made sure not to use CAGers being someone bitched about it the other day LOL) can set up some matches sometime?

Yea, I got my credit late here....bought them last night because I didn't want to risk waiting. Spose the good news is I can now use that $20 towards some pixeljunk games, or Fat Princess.

Like I said before, Bomberman Ultra is getting a sequel in the spring, so that's what everybody will be playing soon. Organizing CAG nights seems like a good idea in the meantime.

[quote name='Rictor']I bought Flower...interesting experience. First motion-control game I have played on the Wii.[/QUOTE]

you mean on PS3.....?

I have $5.00 left on my account, and I was planning on biting on Flower (OM NOM NOM FL0WERZ), but it's making me do an update before I can access the Playstation Store. It's been going for roughly a half hour and I'm at 40% completion. I have about 50 minutes left to bite on the sale, assuming it ends at 12am. I'm going to be fucking livid if I can't get it because this required update is taking forever.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Vortextk']You probably got a cheap game, maybe with some credit, off amazon, that gave you even more credit to be spent on the psn store.

Just buy it you cheap ass ;)[/QUOTE]

Nope, sorry, no way. Once I know something has been cheaper like that I simply cannot buy it at double the price, no matter how cheap my credit is. Plus, it's not like I need games to play. Hell, I even have a fucking backlog of just PSN games (Last Guy which I bought a year ago and played once, ditto on Echochrome, barely played Pain, need to finish Savage Moon, barely played Fat Princess, need to finish the trophies for Flower, need to finish Pixel Junk Eden, just got Comet Crash, and I think there are a few more too...). Oh yeah, Noby Noby Boy too...

I do have to say that Flower was well worth the $10 I spent on it originally - anyone waffling on spending $5 on it, especially if this is from your Amazon promo credit, is an idiot. Just buy it already.

[quote name='io']Nope, sorry, no way. Once I know something has been cheaper like that I simply cannot buy it at double the price, no matter how cheap my credit is. Plus, it's not like I need games to play. Hell, I even have a fucking backlog of just PSN games (Last Guy which I bought a year ago and played once, ditto on Echochrome, barely played Pain, need to finish Savage Moon, barely played Fat Princess, need to finish the trophies for Flower, need to finish Pixel Junk Eden, just got Comet Crash, and I think there are a few more too...). Oh yeah, Noby Noby Boy too...

I do have to say that Flower was well worth the $10 I spent on it originally - anyone waffling on spending $5 on it, especially if this is from your Amazon promo credit, is an idiot. Just buy it already.[/QUOTE]

wow just oww

I downloaded, installed, and played a bit of flower. I'm really liking the cover system. And for once I have a respectable KDR in a game.

WTF? Were people able to buy Flower for $5 on 12/2? When I logged into Amazon early in the morning on 12/2 it was $10. I even added it to my cart to see if I got my credit yet. I hadn't. I did get my credit that afternoon, but I didn't get a chance to check Amazon again that day. I did send their CS an email about this. They replied back saying that my credit was on my account. I sent another email telling them that that wasn't actually my issue. My issue was that the sale wasn't available on 12/2.

All the sale games were still the sale price on the PSN Store today until the update. This sale made Flower one of the top two downloads of the week.

I got Flower, Comet Crash and The Last Guy earlier in the week. Flower and Comet Crash were on my radar for a while and The Last Guy is my way of saying 'keep the sales coming!' Hopefully, both Xbox network and PSN will see that sale (or a perception of sale as in the case with Puzzle Quest Galatrix) is a way to move games and they will not treat it as an occasional event.

[quote name='io']Nope, sorry, no way. Once I know something has been cheaper like that I simply cannot buy it at double the price, no matter how cheap my credit is. Plus, it's not like I need games to play. Hell, I even have a fucking backlog of just PSN games (Last Guy which I bought a year ago and played once, ditto on Echochrome, barely played Pain, need to finish Savage Moon, barely played Fat Princess, need to finish the trophies for Flower, need to finish Pixel Junk Eden, just got Comet Crash, and I think there are a few more too...). Oh yeah, Noby Noby Boy too...

I do have to say that Flower was well worth the $10 I spent on it originally - anyone waffling on spending $5 on it, especially if this is from your Amazon promo credit, is an idiot. Just buy it already.[/QUOTE]

I kind of understand where you are coming from, it's the CAG inside us. That and I also have a huge backlog. But...I will say this, I picked up Pixeljunk Monsters on the $5 sale not really thinking too much of it. Gave a few minutes and didn't come back to it for a while, not really too impressed. But one day I was bored and didn't feel like investing in a "longer" game from backlog and gave PJM another chance. Glad I did, such a terrific game, and it is very challenging to boot.

Even though I am still playing the PSN version I bought for $5, I'm been tempted to get the PSP port (w/ expansion) for $20 because it really is that good. I understand waiting for a deal but just make sure to pick it up.

[quote name='nny']WTF? Were people able to buy Flower for $5 on 12/2? When I logged into Amazon early in the morning on 12/2 it was $10. I even added it to my cart to see if I got my credit yet. I hadn't. I did get my credit that afternoon, but I didn't get a chance to check Amazon again that day. I did send their CS an email about this. They replied back saying that my credit was on my account. I sent another email telling them that that wasn't actually my issue. My issue was that the sale wasn't available on 12/2.[/QUOTE]

It reverted back to the sale price later on that day I believe.

Flower doesn't work. It worked the first time I played but now it just sits at the first screen with the flower on the table and I can't get it to zoom in to play no matter what I press or how I tilt the controller. WTF.

[quote name='J7.']Flower doesn't work. It worked the first time I played but now it just sits at the first screen with the flower on the table and I can't get it to zoom in to play no matter what I press or how I tilt the controller. WTF.[/QUOTE]

I've never heard of that. Maybe you could try and re-download the game or something.

edit: I googled it and someone said the same thing as you and they replied to their own thread saying:

"Figured out the problem. My controller was assigned to player 3. Switched it to 1 and it worked."

Could that be your problem?

[quote name='J7.']Flower doesn't work. It worked the first time I played but now it just sits at the first screen with the flower on the table and I can't get it to zoom in to play no matter what I press or how I tilt the controller. WTF.[/QUOTE]

Had it happen to me once, the first time I ever loaded the game, not since though. I got it in the summer and have played it dozens of times.

[quote name='ssjmichael']I've never heard of that. Maybe you could try and re-download the game or something.

edit: I googled it and someone said the same thing as you and they replied to their own thread saying:

"Figured out the problem. My controller was assigned to player 3. Switched it to 1 and it worked."

Could that be your problem?[/QUOTE]
That's weird. My controller should still be assigned to #1, but I'll check. Thanks a bunch!

[quote name='Hyd12o']Aww I missed out. Is there anyway to still get this for $5?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but after you've paid for this :
w060529_2.jpg
, it's no much of a deal anymore.

Well, after 3 emails and 2 phone calls to CS, I finally had my issue addressed and told I was shit out of luck in regards to get the sale price on the PSN games. My second email was never responded to at all and the other attempts I made only addressed the $20 credit I received. None of them acknowledged that they had mistakenly ended the half off sale at the beginning of the 2nd.

[quote name='revivalizt']where's a good place to buy cheap PSN card or code?[/QUOTE]

Buy it at Best BUy with the 10% coupon posted in the other thread. Not much of a savings, but better than nothing.

bread's done
Back