PSN Flash Sale Ends 6/27 @ 3 PM ET - $8 XCOM Vita, $8 Civ Rev 2 Vita, $6 TWD Michonne, and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Flash Sale Page

Cross Buy

:ps4: :ps3: Extreme Exorcism - $5.19 - 60% Off

:ps4: :ps3: Q.U.B.E.: Director's Cut - $2.49 - 75% Off

:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Race The Sun - $3.99 - 60% Off

:ps4: :ps3: :vita: The Swindle - $5.99 - 60% Off
:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Titan Attacks! - $2.49 - 75% Off

:ps4: :vita: TowerFall Ascension - $7.49 - 50% Off

:ps4: :ps3: Unmechanical: Extended - $2.49 - 75% Off

PS4
Apotheon - $2.99 - 80% Off

Arcade Archives Crazy Climber 2 - $3.19 - 60% Off

Arcade Archives Super Dodge Ball - $3.19 - 60% Off

Back to the Future: The Game 30th Anniversary Edition - $7.99 - 60% Off

Batman: Arkham Knight - $11.99 - 60% Off

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $14.99 - 70% Off

Child of Light Ultimate Edition - $8.99 - 60% Off

The Escapists - $7.99 - 60% Off

The Escapists + The Escapists: The Walking Dead COllection - $11.99 - 60% Off

Gauntlet: Slayer Edition - $7.99 - 60% Off

Guilty Gear Xrd: Sign - $14.99 - 70% Off

How to Survive: Storm Warning Edition - $3.99 - 80% Off

LEGO Jurassic World - $15.99 - 60% Off

Lichdom: Battlemage - $19.99 - 60% Off - Probably Should Avoid This

Mad Max - $15.99 - 60% Off

McDroid - $1.99 - 75%  Off 

Surgeon Simulator A&E + I Am Bread - $7.99 - 60% Off

The Walking Dead: Michonne - $5.99 - 60% Off

The Walking Dead: Season Two - $7.49 - 70% Off

Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate - $23.99 - 60% Off

Worms Battlegrounds - $6.24 - 75% Off

PS4 Add-ons
The Escapists - DLC Bundle - $3.99 - 60% Off

The Game of Thrones - Season Pass - $5.99 - 70% Off

Tales from the Borderlands - Season Pass - $4.49 - 70% Off - [customspoiler='Includes']Episodes 1-5[/customspoiler]

PS3
Assassin's Creed III - $7.99 - 60% Off

Assassin's Creed III Ultimate Edition - $14.99 - 70% Off

Batman: Arkham Asylum - $4.99 - 75% Off

Batman Arkham City - $5.99 - 70% Off

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $11.99 - 70% Off

Guilty Gear Xrd Sign - $11.99 - 70% Off

LEGO Jurassic World - $11.99 - 60% Off

Steins;Gate - $9.99 - 60% Off

The Walking Dead: Michonne - $5.99 - 60% Off

Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate - $19.99 - 60% Off

PS3 Add-ons

The Game of Thrones - Season Pass - $7.49 - 70% Off

Tales from the Borderlands - Season Pass - $4.49 - 70% Off

The Walking Dead: Season Two - Season Pass - $4.49 - 70% Off

Vita

Atomic Ninjas - $2.49 - 75% Off

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $11.99 - 70% Off

LEGO Jurassic World - $7.99 - 60% Off

Muramasa Rebirth - $7.49 - 70% Off

Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution 2 Plus - $7.99 - 60% Off

Soul Sacrifice Delta - $7.19 - 60% Off

Steins;Gate - $11.99 - 60% Off

Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate - $15.99 - 60% Off

The Wolf Among Us - $7.49 - 70% Off

XBlaze Lost: Memories - $11.99 - 70% Off

XCOM: Enemy Unknown Plus - $7.99 - 60% Off

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward - $7.49 - 70% Off

Vita Add-ons

The Walking Dead: Season Two - Season Pass - $5.99 - 70% Off

PSP

Myst - $2.39 - 80% Off

T.A.C. Heroes: Big Red One - $3.59 - 70% Off

Last edited by a moderator:
I have never played a visual novel before, so Im not sure it I would like it or not. But for $12, and considering all the great reviews for it, I figure I should give it a go.
it is indeed one of the very best VNs, and very straight-up plat as well. I bought the EPC edition from rice and enjoyed it a lot. cant wait SG0 to release in US

Would love to get someone's comparison of Civ Rev 2 who also played Civ Rev on PS3/Xbox 360.  I love Civ Rev but can't stay comfortable using the Vita very long.  I'd suffer through it if the game is similar to the original.  Same for Xcom if someone also has an opinion.  Turn based games are a little easier for me since I don't have to worry about the poor Vita ergonomics so much.

Would love to get someone's comparison of Civ Rev 2 who also played Civ Rev on PS3/Xbox 360. I love Civ Rev but can't stay comfortable using the Vita very long. I'd suffer through it if the game is similar to the original. Same for Xcom if someone also has an opinion. Turn based games are a little easier for me since I don't have to worry about the poor Vita ergonomics so much.
I have the same issue with long gaming sessions on the Vita... was hoping Civ Rev 2 was compatible with the PSTV but it's not. :(

I'm so glad I waited patiently for XCOM Enemy Uknown Plus to be on sale.
Picked that up for Vita and Walking Dead Michonne for PS4.

Which version of Steins Gate - PS3 or vita? Not sure if there're any major differences (quick Google didn't turn anything up)...

Would love to get someone's comparison of Civ Rev 2 who also played Civ Rev on PS3/Xbox 360. I love Civ Rev but can't stay comfortable using the Vita very long. I'd suffer through it if the game is similar to the original. Same for Xcom if someone also has an opinion. Turn based games are a little easier for me since I don't have to worry about the poor Vita ergonomics so much.
Save and Exit. You don't need to have long play sessions for turn-based strategy games if you don't want them.

FriskyTanuki, on 24 Jun 2016 - 4:35 PM, said:
Save and Exit. You don't need to have long play sessions for turn-based strategy games if you don't want them.
That's fine. I still want to know if it's a crappy game. My understanding is that Civ Rev 2 is already an iPad game which gives me pause...

Just Michonne for me.

More than anything, PSN Flash Sales are just grim reminders of my huge backlog and the games I've bought but haven't played yet.  It never ceases to amaze me how each and every flash sale when I'm scanning through the games on sale, just how many times a game I would consider buying already has "Purchased" in its box instead of a price.  :)

Which version of Steins Gate - PS3 or vita? Not sure if there're any major differences (quick Google didn't turn anything up)...
not really that much a difference. i actually played SG on ps tv and psv on the go.

That's another excellent one, but nope, Steins;Gate is king.
dont get me wrong, i absolutely love SG, but 999 is my fav game bc of those great puzzles and DAT true ending!!!

That feeling when you have just enough funds in your PSN wallet to cover your purchase >

Grabbed

:ps4: The Escapists + The Escapists: The Walking Dead (Been wanting these for a while plus 2 plats!

:ps4: The Escapists DLC Bundle (Might as well grab it all plus 18 extra trophies!

:vita: XCOM®: Enemy Unknown Plus (Lets see what all the fuss is about.

Zero Escape VLR for $7.49 seems like an easy buy for me. Probably going to convert my phsyical Child of Light & Steins:Gate for vita to digital since I still have them sealed. I may get Michonne for PS3 since that's the main platform I buy Telltale games for (when they aren't also on vita).

I'm wondering about this too - does the Vita version have something that makes it better than the PS3?
Vita version plays on Vita and appears to be compatible with PSTV. So it's both a handheld and console game. Also you get 3 licenses with the Vita version but only 2 with the PS3 version. Vita version is also a smaller download/install size... not that it probably matters a whole lot as PS3 storage is a lot less expensive.

not really that much a difference. i actually played SG on ps tv and psv on the go.

dont get me wrong, i absolutely love SG, but 999 is my fav game bc of those great puzzles and DAT true ending!!!
Thanks! Guess I'll go with Vita then for portability. If SG is anything like the Zero series, I'm going to really enjoy it.

In for Assassin's Creed III Ultimate Edition because I want to get 100% on this game eventually and I'm sure this is cheaper than the $30 season pass for the game (assuming).

Also in for Michonne.

Vita version plays on Vita and appears to be compatible with PSTV. So it's both a handheld and console game. Also you get 3 licenses with the Vita version but only 2 with the PS3 version. Vita version is also a smaller download/install size... not that it probably matters a whole lot as PS3 storage is a lot less expensive.
Awesome, Vita it is - thanks!

Considering:

:vita: Xcom and Civilization.

Played a very small part when X-com was on ps3 and i liked it, just was so overwhelmed on games that couldn't make time for it. I guess now it is though.

Arkham Knight worth it at $11.99?
I loved it. And while there was maybe too much Batmobile, I still found driving it to be fun. Just look up a FAQ when you start playing about what upgrades to take at the beginning, as it will really enhance your enjoyment.

Looking at a couple f games for my kids.

Is the worms battlefield a good one? They love worms 2 on my 360.

Super dodgeball... Is that the same as the old NES game or was it SNES? Does it hold up?

It's the arcade version and not sure it holds up. I played the NES one relatively recently, and though it was very OK but also basic. Best remembered for the nostalgia....IMHO at least.

Thanks! Guess I'll go with Vita then for portability. If SG is anything like the Zero series, I'm going to really enjoy it.
They are both excellent VNs but Zero Escape series have a lot more interactive puzzles in it which I have enjoyed very much, while SG is truly an interactive novel like a gal-game with a really fantastic sci-fi setting and great storylines.

Thank you for the advice on Lichdom.
I was going to grab it cause I heard the PC version was amazing..
Unfortunately the PS4/X1 versions were said to be the worst optimized games of the generation with unplayable framerates.

I also would have bit if that wasn't the case.

Dev is supposedly working on a patch to improve the performance but not sure if I want to take a chance if that never happens.

On a side note, it's only $5.19 on Steam right now as part of the Summer Sale if you have a PC capable of playing it.

I loved it. And while there was maybe too much Batmobile, I still found driving it to be fun. Just look up a FAQ when you start playing about what upgrades to take at the beginning, as it will really enhance your enjoyment.
Ok cool thanks for the advice :)

Got steins gate on vita. I figure I'll wait for sub $10 on mad max since I'm still working on black flag and mordor goty from the last sale.

I could have sworn I bought the Arkham Knight season pass for one system or the other when it was on sale, but I don't see it in my purchase history (doesn't help that Microsoft lists some things genetically as "Season Pass", making it hard to figure out what I bought). I have Arkham Knight physical for Xbox One, but I could trade it to GameStop for more that the digital PS4 version would cost in the flash sale, so I might consider that.

I think I may have been thinking of the Arkham Origins season pass - I do have that one for Xbox 360.

I just bought Child of Light for the vita (vanilla) from the last sale. Would have easily bought this ultimate edition instead since from the first five hours I put in to it, it is quickly one of my favorite games on the Vita. I expected fantastic art, atmosphere and fun exploration, but I was also pleasantly surprised by a simple yet fun combat system and a practical upgrade system. Wished they could have timed the sales better.

I've got pretty much all the good Vita titles on the list. But I might give up on physical Muramasa and get digital for that price.

Any opinions on Atomic Ninjas or The Swindle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back