PSN Flash Sale Ends 6/27 @ 3 PM ET - $8 XCOM Vita, $8 Civ Rev 2 Vita, $6 TWD Michonne, and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Flash Sale Page

Cross Buy

:ps4: :ps3: Extreme Exorcism - $5.19 - 60% Off

:ps4: :ps3: Q.U.B.E.: Director's Cut - $2.49 - 75% Off

:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Race The Sun - $3.99 - 60% Off

:ps4: :ps3: :vita: The Swindle - $5.99 - 60% Off
:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Titan Attacks! - $2.49 - 75% Off

:ps4: :vita: TowerFall Ascension - $7.49 - 50% Off

:ps4: :ps3: Unmechanical: Extended - $2.49 - 75% Off

PS4
Apotheon - $2.99 - 80% Off

Arcade Archives Crazy Climber 2 - $3.19 - 60% Off

Arcade Archives Super Dodge Ball - $3.19 - 60% Off

Back to the Future: The Game 30th Anniversary Edition - $7.99 - 60% Off

Batman: Arkham Knight - $11.99 - 60% Off

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $14.99 - 70% Off

Child of Light Ultimate Edition - $8.99 - 60% Off

The Escapists - $7.99 - 60% Off

The Escapists + The Escapists: The Walking Dead COllection - $11.99 - 60% Off

Gauntlet: Slayer Edition - $7.99 - 60% Off

Guilty Gear Xrd: Sign - $14.99 - 70% Off

How to Survive: Storm Warning Edition - $3.99 - 80% Off

LEGO Jurassic World - $15.99 - 60% Off

Lichdom: Battlemage - $19.99 - 60% Off - Probably Should Avoid This

Mad Max - $15.99 - 60% Off

McDroid - $1.99 - 75%  Off 

Surgeon Simulator A&E + I Am Bread - $7.99 - 60% Off

The Walking Dead: Michonne - $5.99 - 60% Off

The Walking Dead: Season Two - $7.49 - 70% Off

Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate - $23.99 - 60% Off

Worms Battlegrounds - $6.24 - 75% Off

PS4 Add-ons
The Escapists - DLC Bundle - $3.99 - 60% Off

The Game of Thrones - Season Pass - $5.99 - 70% Off

Tales from the Borderlands - Season Pass - $4.49 - 70% Off - [customspoiler='Includes']Episodes 1-5[/customspoiler]

PS3
Assassin's Creed III - $7.99 - 60% Off

Assassin's Creed III Ultimate Edition - $14.99 - 70% Off

Batman: Arkham Asylum - $4.99 - 75% Off

Batman Arkham City - $5.99 - 70% Off

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $11.99 - 70% Off

Guilty Gear Xrd Sign - $11.99 - 70% Off

LEGO Jurassic World - $11.99 - 60% Off

Steins;Gate - $9.99 - 60% Off

The Walking Dead: Michonne - $5.99 - 60% Off

Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate - $19.99 - 60% Off

PS3 Add-ons

The Game of Thrones - Season Pass - $7.49 - 70% Off

Tales from the Borderlands - Season Pass - $4.49 - 70% Off

The Walking Dead: Season Two - Season Pass - $4.49 - 70% Off

Vita

Atomic Ninjas - $2.49 - 75% Off

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $11.99 - 70% Off

LEGO Jurassic World - $7.99 - 60% Off

Muramasa Rebirth - $7.49 - 70% Off

Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution 2 Plus - $7.99 - 60% Off

Soul Sacrifice Delta - $7.19 - 60% Off

Steins;Gate - $11.99 - 60% Off

Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate - $15.99 - 60% Off

The Wolf Among Us - $7.49 - 70% Off

XBlaze Lost: Memories - $11.99 - 70% Off

XCOM: Enemy Unknown Plus - $7.99 - 60% Off

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward - $7.49 - 70% Off

Vita Add-ons

The Walking Dead: Season Two - Season Pass - $5.99 - 70% Off

PSP

Myst - $2.39 - 80% Off

T.A.C. Heroes: Big Red One - $3.59 - 70% Off

Last edited by a moderator:
Went Steins;Gate vita, Xcom vita and PS4 dodgeball.

Now I'm wondering if I need to save up for a 64gb vita memory card. Damn vita memory card inflation.

Grabbed Civ Rev 2 Plus, McDroid, and XCOM EU Plus. I'll post my impressions of the first two below.

Civ Rev 2 Plus is very much more of the original, though it might be a little more simplified in terms of UI and controls due to being made for a touchscreen interface on phone/tablet. You can use buttons for most things, but there still are a few that are touch only from what I can tell like telling a unit to go into defense mode. The controls can be a little bit unresponsive when confirming where you want a unit to go and nothing happens the first few times, which is when I just touch the screen to get it going a bit faster. It also sometimes gets weird when you've got units stacked on top of each other or they're in a vehicle/boat and you want to focus on a specific unit to move first, as it doesn't always feel like the order in which it goes through the available troops is the same each time. Saves are also a bit weird when it seems like it reverts to the start of the turn than the specific moment when I saved. Other than these small issues, it's a great game with that same "one more turn" addictive nature that Civ is famous for that makes it an easy purchase.

McDroid is a weird game to describe. There's an element of tower defense as you purchase turrets that you carry around to specific planting spots around a level, but you can also carry a turret around with you to be a mobile turret to help out your defenses. The levels generally revolve around you planting strawberry plants that continuously drop strawberries, which are your currency to purchase new turrets, armor, or whatever else you have in your arsenal. Your basket can only carry so many and if they lie on the ground for too long, they'll expire, so you have to keep on your toes in collecting them. There are also diamonds as another collectible, which are used for purchasing upgrades and other items in your arsenal of turrets and whatnot that are housed in its own level for whatever reason. Your droid can also repair turrets or your ship, so you have to pay attention to them to keep them alive after attacks.

It feels like you're expected to replay older levels to grind for diamonds if the levels getting hard quickly are actually that hard for that reason since the latest level I've played went down in flames quicker than I was expecting, though that could be due to not getting how to react to the new enemies correctly. As you progress, you earn some cosmetic stuff to customize your droid and it seems like that'll continue as you play more of the game. Whatever story it's trying to tell is just nonsense so far. So far, it seems like a decent game that I'm still wrapping my mind around how it all works and how to best approach the new, harder levels that I'm unlocking or if I should go back and check out the challenge levels that have opened up.

Does the escapists go on sale often? Im interested in it but dont have the funds at the moment for it.

Went Steins;Gate vita, Xcom vita and PS4 dodgeball.

Now I'm wondering if I need to save up for a 64gb vita memory card. Damn vita memory card inflation.

64gb Vita emory mcard was one of the best purchases I've ever made.
Agreed. So glad I picked one up. If you can, wait until one of those "spend this much, get this much off" coupons pops up on ebay. I was able to get one for about $50 that way. Just a suggestion...

Game of Thrones - Where does it take place during the timeline of the TV show? Would it spoil anything if I haven't watched much?

You're a little late to get on vita island, but still, props for getting one :p . Its an AMAZING handheld, and could use all the love it could get. Personally, I wasn't a huge fan of SS Delta, but I know a lot of people who thoroughly enjoyed it. However, if you need any other recommendations for your vita, let me know. ;)
Hey, I just bought a new Slim Vita too! Couldn't pass up that eBay deal of 99 for a new one :D

How are you enjoying Steins;Gate? I absolutely adore the game.

Oh, and everyone should get VLR (and 999) if they haven't yet. ZTD Hype!

Game of Thrones - Where does it take place during the timeline of the TV show? Would it spoil anything if I haven't watched much?

Hey, I just bought a new Slim Vita too! Couldn't pass up that eBay deal of 99 for a new one :D

How are you enjoying Steins;Gate? I absolutely adore the game.

Oh, and everyone should get VLR (and 999) if they haven't yet. ZTD Hype!
VLR?

Virtue's Last Reward
Oh right. Duh. I havent plaed Steins alot yet. I started late the other night, but I was way to drunk to get into. I could tell that I would enjoy it though. Art work is fantastic, and thats always a huge draw for me. Regarding VLR, you think I should just go ahead and buy it now while its on sale, then wait for them to release a digital version of 999?

Oh right. Duh. I havent plaed Steins alot yet. I started late the other night, but I was way to drunk to get into. I could tell that I would enjoy it though. Art work is fantastic, and thats always a huge draw for me. Regarding VLR, you think I should just go ahead and buy it now while its on sale, then wait for them to release a digital version of 999?
Yes, that's a really good price. Physical goes for $22+ so good deal.

If you're talking a digital version of 999 for :vita:, I doubt that would happen. I don't think it will be available outside of ds and ios. It's only $5 on IOS though so doesn't cost too much if you have something that will run it.

Still debating on XCOM and Civ. It's not like I don't already have XCOM on PC, 360, and PS3 already or anything. $8 a mobile port just feels like too much though.

Still debating on XCOM and Civ. It's not like I don't already have XCOM on PC, 360, and PS3 already or anything. $8 a mobile port just feels like too much though.
Yea I went with XCOM even though I have it already. Just because I've never played it and just feels seems like something that would be best played on :vita:

If you're talking a digital version of 999 for :vita:, I doubt that would happen. I don't think it will be available outside of ds and ios. It's only $5 on IOS though so doesn't cost too much if you have something that will run it.
Ahh. Ok cool. Good to know. Ill just pick up the iOS version then, along with VLR for my vita. Thanks for the info!!! :)

I played the hell out of that game on pc, but after watching some vita gameplay on youtube, those low frame rates are just to much for me to handle. Personly, I would go for the game you dont already own on three other systems, all of which play it leaps and bounds better then vita

999 creator recently hinted a Steam and vita release https://twitter.com/Uchikoshi_Eng/status/741287790130909185

eh, I plat'd xcom on ps3 and can't wait to replat it on vita.   i don't care about frame rate stutters in a turn based game, at all.

Why couldn't they still have the two screen setup?
tumblr_lrjehftn8i1qzh8m2o1_500.png

Why couldn't they still have the two screen setup?
If you hold the vita vertically, two DS lite screens fit inside with room to spare between them. I imagine if they did a little cropping they could fit them in side to side in horizontal mode.

i went with xcom but not civrev 2. also why didn't they just call it xcom enemy within instead of enemy unknown plus. just kinda strange, cuz isn't it really just the enemy within game but on vita

Both very good fighting games. Good mix of multiplayer and single player content. The only negative is Guilty Gear Xrd just released a sequel called Revelator, so just keep that in mind. The original is still really good though. Revelator is more sequel than a game of the year type thing, so it's still worth owning Xrd SIGN.

If you only get one, I recommend Guilty Gear over Blazblue.
Thanks for the tip. Ultimately, I ended up passing on both of them. They will inevitably be cheaper and I figure SFV and KI S3 should keep me busy for the time being.

If you hold the vita vertically, two DS lite screens fit inside with room to spare between them. I imagine if they did a little cropping they could fit them in side to side in horizontal mode.
I was commenting mainly on the Steam release. It doesn't seem like there would be any difficulty in setting up a two screen window on a PC.

Sale just ended. I know I said I wasnt going to buy Mad Max until they fix the glitches, but I caved, as usual. But Im happy I did, because I just picked up where I left off months ago, and I found the two fuel pumps I couldnt find before. And after all that fuss I made about the glitches to :wall: 

https://twitter.com/Babylonian/status/747503230565769216
That really is bullshit, what kind of legal recourse can you take against someone for doing this without being drained with legal fees? As a graphic designer this shit eats at me.

FUUUUUUDGE ME! I didn't read the fine print. I came in to work at 7pm tonight, ready to make my purchases; games already in my cart for check out, then bam! Sale ended 4 hours ago. I should have read the fine print. Screwed again

FUUUUUUDGE ME! I didn't read the fine print. I came in to work at 7pm tonight, ready to make my purchases; games already in my cart for check out, then bam! Sale ended 4 hours ago. I should have read the fine print. Screwed again
Ill never understand why people insist on waiting till the last day to buy games during these sales. Unless of course funds were an issue, or for some reason you had no access to the internet. But other then that, why wait? Not trying to be a fuck, it just baffles me a little bit...

Ill never understand why people insist on waiting till the last day to buy games during these sales. Unless of course funds were an issue, or for some reason you had no access to the internet. But other then that, why wait? Not trying to be a fuck, it just baffles me a little bit...
I can't speak for anyone else, but for me, unless it is something I've been really wanting, or an insane deal (or both), I like to take the extra time to decide how badly I want the games. I considered Michonne, Arkham Knight (which I have for XB1 on disc), and Elevator Action, but ended up just getting The Swindle (I'm a sucker for crossbuy with Vita).

I can't speak for anyone else, but for me, unless it is something I've been really wanting, or an insane deal (or both), I like to take the extra time to decide how badly I want the games. I considered Michonne, Arkham Knight (which I have for XB1 on disc), and Elevator Action, but ended up just getting The Swindle (I'm a sucker for crossbuy with Vita).
Yea. And I totally get that, because I do the same thing. However, just to be safe, I suggest making your final decision the night before the sale ends, at the latest, just to cover you ass. Even if you remember to read the "fine print", some games have ended earlier then the time listed. I know you're not the person I quoted earlier, just saying. And again, not trying to attack anyone, I'm just trying to look out so people don't miss out on another sale in the future.

That really is bullshit, what kind of legal recourse can you take against someone for doing this without being drained with legal fees? As a graphic designer this shit eats at me.
For reference, that was put out by a local dealership. A local dealership almost certainly outsources its web presence and email mailers to a third party. it's possible that 3rd party design firm may have even outsourced the work to some freelancer in some other country. That third party screwed them and got caught out.

Ford, itself, was at least 3 degrees of separation.

Yea. And I totally get that, because I do the same thing. However, just to be safe, I suggest making your final decision the night before the sale ends, at the latest, just to cover you ass. Even if you remember to read the "fine print", some games have ended earlier then the time listed. I know you're not the person I quoted earlier, just saying. And again, not trying to attack anyone, I'm just trying to look out so people don't miss out on another sale in the future.
I also wanted to wait for when the wife is around. She's not as thrilled about this hobby as I am ;)

Picked up Civ Rev 2. The first one was just the best back on 360. FYI: Trophies don't pop while playing on Generated Scenario. I thought I had that glitch i read up on about where if you didn't get "A Great Wind is Blowing" your game got corrupted while downloading but  I played on Random Scenario and trophies pop so all is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back