PSN Flash Sale Ends 6/27 @ 3 PM ET - $8 XCOM Vita, $8 Civ Rev 2 Vita, $6 TWD Michonne, and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Flash Sale Page

Cross Buy

:ps4: :ps3: Extreme Exorcism - $5.19 - 60% Off

:ps4: :ps3: Q.U.B.E.: Director's Cut - $2.49 - 75% Off

:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Race The Sun - $3.99 - 60% Off

:ps4: :ps3: :vita: The Swindle - $5.99 - 60% Off
:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Titan Attacks! - $2.49 - 75% Off

:ps4: :vita: TowerFall Ascension - $7.49 - 50% Off

:ps4: :ps3: Unmechanical: Extended - $2.49 - 75% Off

PS4
Apotheon - $2.99 - 80% Off

Arcade Archives Crazy Climber 2 - $3.19 - 60% Off

Arcade Archives Super Dodge Ball - $3.19 - 60% Off

Back to the Future: The Game 30th Anniversary Edition - $7.99 - 60% Off

Batman: Arkham Knight - $11.99 - 60% Off

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $14.99 - 70% Off

Child of Light Ultimate Edition - $8.99 - 60% Off

The Escapists - $7.99 - 60% Off

The Escapists + The Escapists: The Walking Dead COllection - $11.99 - 60% Off

Gauntlet: Slayer Edition - $7.99 - 60% Off

Guilty Gear Xrd: Sign - $14.99 - 70% Off

How to Survive: Storm Warning Edition - $3.99 - 80% Off

LEGO Jurassic World - $15.99 - 60% Off

Lichdom: Battlemage - $19.99 - 60% Off - Probably Should Avoid This

Mad Max - $15.99 - 60% Off

McDroid - $1.99 - 75%  Off 

Surgeon Simulator A&E + I Am Bread - $7.99 - 60% Off

The Walking Dead: Michonne - $5.99 - 60% Off

The Walking Dead: Season Two - $7.49 - 70% Off

Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate - $23.99 - 60% Off

Worms Battlegrounds - $6.24 - 75% Off

PS4 Add-ons
The Escapists - DLC Bundle - $3.99 - 60% Off

The Game of Thrones - Season Pass - $5.99 - 70% Off

Tales from the Borderlands - Season Pass - $4.49 - 70% Off - [customspoiler='Includes']Episodes 1-5[/customspoiler]

PS3
Assassin's Creed III - $7.99 - 60% Off

Assassin's Creed III Ultimate Edition - $14.99 - 70% Off

Batman: Arkham Asylum - $4.99 - 75% Off

Batman Arkham City - $5.99 - 70% Off

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $11.99 - 70% Off

Guilty Gear Xrd Sign - $11.99 - 70% Off

LEGO Jurassic World - $11.99 - 60% Off

Steins;Gate - $9.99 - 60% Off

The Walking Dead: Michonne - $5.99 - 60% Off

Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate - $19.99 - 60% Off

PS3 Add-ons

The Game of Thrones - Season Pass - $7.49 - 70% Off

Tales from the Borderlands - Season Pass - $4.49 - 70% Off

The Walking Dead: Season Two - Season Pass - $4.49 - 70% Off

Vita

Atomic Ninjas - $2.49 - 75% Off

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $11.99 - 70% Off

LEGO Jurassic World - $7.99 - 60% Off

Muramasa Rebirth - $7.49 - 70% Off

Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution 2 Plus - $7.99 - 60% Off

Soul Sacrifice Delta - $7.19 - 60% Off

Steins;Gate - $11.99 - 60% Off

Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate - $15.99 - 60% Off

The Wolf Among Us - $7.49 - 70% Off

XBlaze Lost: Memories - $11.99 - 70% Off

XCOM: Enemy Unknown Plus - $7.99 - 60% Off

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward - $7.49 - 70% Off

Vita Add-ons

The Walking Dead: Season Two - Season Pass - $5.99 - 70% Off

PSP

Myst - $2.39 - 80% Off

T.A.C. Heroes: Big Red One - $3.59 - 70% Off

Last edited by a moderator:
Not to pick a fight or anything, but I think most people would pick up on the fact that it's not wise to purchase a game at regular price just before a big sale is scheduled to happen. (If you were just trying to fill out the $100 bonus that's another thing though.)

Anyone played Xcom on Vita? Haven't touched my Vita in forever, and I need to finish Persona4, but why not buy something else I don't have room for on a 32GB memory 'stick'? I own it on PC & 360 (now BC on X1), but I'm not likely to play it on X1 since I want to play new games there. My PC hasn't been on in a year, as I have it hooked up to my 32 inch HDTV & it just never looked as good as a GTX 680 should have several years ago when I bought it, much less now.

I'm once again annoyed by the fact that Game of Thrones is more expensive on PS3.  Might talk myself into Unmechanical, but I'm probably passing on this sale.

I'm not paying $8 for a port of an iOS game that's a port of a 360 game. I paid $5 for PS4 Banner Saga, that's my limit for iOS ports.

Any thoughts on Soul Sacrifice Delta? Huge big MH fan. Wow probably play the game solo (as in without friends). I know basically nothing of the game and I just got a Vita.
Get it. SSD is well loved. I only played the original so far, but Delta is supposed to have improved everything and is very well regarded.

Can anyone recommend Civilization or Xcom for vita? Just need someone to sell me on it...
civrev 2 - portable civ! awesomesauce.

xcom -- portable xcom! awesomesauce.

while i haven't played xcom on my vita yet, i've read a lot of impressions. It's the full xcom experience [all content including expansion] with reduced graphics quality [obviously] and slightly longer load times. action occasionally stutters but since it's turn based it doesn't matter. it's a definite buy imo.

Ok so what is the escapist like? Is it a story mode game or is it randomly generate prisons?
I haven't played it yet, but i believe it's story based, fixed prisons, but with emergent gameplay. For example, if i understand correctly, there are many possible solutions for each escape. But more than that, say, you dig a tunnel... in one game, a guard may notice you didn't disguise the entrance well enough, where in another you might get lucky and they don't notice. Each prison adds complexity.

I was on the fence til someone here mentioned TWD is its own game with a second plat... and that sounds awesome. Sold.

Ok so what is the escapist like? Is it a story mode game or is it randomly generate prisons?
It's a crafting-focused survival game. You're thrown into a prison and have to collect various items to allow you to craft various things and tools to work your way into escaping prison. You have various options to get out like inciting riots, digging underground tunnels, getting/making keys to get out, or whatever else you can figure out. There is also a socialization mechanic as you can do things for others in the prison to get help, protection, or they'll sell you stuff if they're a merchant. The one issue is that they don't tell you any of the crafting recipes, so you'd either have to go by blind luck or have a wiki open at all times to learn what the important components are and how to make them. The game doesn't have a great tutorial for that aspect of the game, though I don't know if they've updated the game to fix that.

is game of thrones on ps4 worth it? I am a huge fan of the TV show and I loved walking dead season 1 and 2
I would say its definitely worth it (Only comes out to $1 an episode). I thought it was great. Tales from the Borderlands takes the cake for Telltale games though. That game is AMAZING!!!

Also, what's the consensus on GG xrd and Blazblue?
Both very good fighting games. Good mix of multiplayer and single player content. The only negative is Guilty Gear Xrd just released a sequel called Revelator, so just keep that in mind. The original is still really good though. Revelator is more sequel than a game of the year type thing, so it's still worth owning Xrd SIGN.

If you only get one, I recommend Guilty Gear over Blazblue.

I'm not paying $8 for a port of an iOS game that's a port of a 360 game. I paid $5 for PS4 Banner Saga, that's my limit for iOS ports.
Banner Saga released similtaneously on iOS and PC. Not sure you could call it an iOS port. I'm sure the PC version was what was ported.

I've been meaning to buy 999 at some point but I just haven't seen a good price yet. Do I need to play it to enjoy Zero Escape: VLR? Is 7.50 a good price for it? My vita hasn't seen action in over a year.

Son of a bitch. I just left Best Buy a 1/2 hour before reading this thread. Would have bought PSN cards along with the Steam cards I bought if I had known.

I've been meaning to buy 999 at some point but I just haven't seen a good price yet. Do I need to play it to enjoy Zero Escape: VLR? Is 7.50 a good price for it? My vita hasn't seen action in over a year.
Yes and yes. 999 is THE masterpiece to me and I cant wait to play the finale that's coming out in 4 days!

I have never played borderlands, is it worth getting this game?
tumblr_n2s56s8Uio1r6zm9ao2_250.gif

I have never played borderlands, is it worth getting this game?
I've heard people say it's really good in spite of the Borderlands references and such. I enjoyed the first episode a lot.

The first episode is free, so you can play it to see if you want the rest.

I just bought Child of Light for the vita (vanilla) from the last sale. Would have easily bought this ultimate edition instead since from the first five hours I put in to it, it is quickly one of my favorite games on the Vita. I expected fantastic art, atmosphere and fun exploration, but I was also pleasantly surprised by a simple yet fun combat system and a practical upgrade system. Wished they could have timed the sales better.
You've never played Grandia? The battle system is blatantly ripped off from that. The latter Penny Arcade games starting with Episode 3 did too.

I think I remember you being into co-op, so you can also play Child of Light in co-op if you grab it on consoles.

so I have all the AC games on xbox but AC3 season pass is 30 bucks

the dilemma: buy the ultimate on PS for 15 bucks even though I already have the base game

or roll the dice and wait for a season pass sale that will never come on xbox?

Oh, my bad. To be fair, I also have a diminutive view of Kickstarter and mobile games. I certainly don't like when mobile games are more expensive just because they're on Vita.

I don't like game of thrones and find its telltale equivalent to not be for me. So if you haven't played borderlands, you might have the same lack of connection to the telltale game.
Sorry. Have to chime in again. I personally was never a fan of Borderlands, but Tales from the Borderlands was easily one of my most favorite gaming experiences of last year. So, you know......to each their own.

so I have all the AC games on xbox but AC3 season pass is 30 bucks

the dilemma: by the ultimate on PS for 15 bucks even though I already have the base game

or roll the dice and wait for a season pass sale that will never come on xbox?
I would personally wait for the season pass on sale as they were listed on sale for numerous times.

Is Soul Sacrifice Delta compatible with Playstation TV?
Google it. This is CAG, not FAQ.

Tales from the Borderlands is only good if you like Telltale games.

Borderlands 1 was pretty boring, but it was their first attempt at the series and should be played for the Knoxx DLC, which is pretty good. Borderlands 2 and TPS were both excellent, and TPS uses the same engine and mechanics of BL2 so here's a preemptive "shut the hell up" to anyone who thinks they hated it (protip: learn to Oz boost). Tales from the Borderlands is a completely different game that's geared towards lazy people who aren't good at shooters and enjoy forced narratives and minimal interaction. It's like watching a movie that has cheap QTE thrown in, and you probably won't like it because you don't know the franchise's context or any of the main characters.

These Telltale games are unique in that you can just watch them on Youtube to "play" them, especially if the uploader records all decisions and adds the appropriate links to their corresponding frames. That's not gaming.

I would say its definitely worth it (Only comes out to $1 an episode). I thought it was great. Tales from the Borderlands takes the cake for Telltale games though. That game is AMAZING!!!
I agree entirely. Tales sets the bar for all upcoming Telltale releases imho. Although, I did love a Wolf Among Us also, but Tales is hilarious.

Get it. SSD is well loved. I only played the original so far, but Delta is supposed to have improved everything and is very well regarded.

civrev 2 - portable civ! awesomesauce.

xcom -- portable xcom! awesomesauce.

while i haven't played xcom on my vita yet, i've read a lot of impressions. It's the full xcom experience [all content including expansion] with reduced graphics quality [obviously] and slightly longer load times. action occasionally stutters but since it's turn based it doesn't matter. it's a definite buy imo.

I haven't played it yet, but i believe it's story based, fixed prisons, but with emergent gameplay. For example, if i understand correctly, there are many possible solutions for each escape. But more than that, say, you dig a tunnel... in one game, a guard may notice you didn't disguise the entrance well enough, where in another you might get lucky and they don't notice. Each prison adds complexity.

I was on the fence til someone here mentioned TWD is its own game with a second plat... and that sounds awesome. Sold.
Thank you for actually being helpful. More than likely in for Xcom now. As for TWD, I'm running through it again on vita making different choices just because I scored some low bids on eBay and ended up with physicals of seasons one and two. Still fun the second time around. Oh, and the trophies don't hurt at all...

Oh, my bad. To be fair, I also have a diminutive view of Kickstarter and mobile games. I certainly don't like when mobile games are more expensive just because they're on Vita.
I like seeming worthwhile mobile games ported but don't like a 99 cent game being $6+ without then doing anything other than port it.

These Telltale games are unique in that you can just watch them on Youtube to "play" them, especially if the uploader records all decisions and adds the appropriate links to their corresponding frames. That's not gaming.
They're a hell of a lot more entertaining than that endless memes and obnoxious dialogue in anything made by Gearbox. It brings me endless joy to see them burning in flames with Battleborn. Their days of stealing art, money, and shoving their political safe spaces down the throats of the public have finally caught up with them. The sooner they're completely wiped from the gaming world the better.

Telltale, visual novels, and games like Until Dawn all have a place in gaming. Just because you don't like them doesn't discount their worth.

If anyone hasn't played Virtue's Last Reward, that is a must buy in this sale. One of the greatest games I've ever played.

I bought x com for vita and it keeps freezing up and closing out the game in first mission, first move in kansas right after the training mission. Anyone else run into this?

It's due to the marketplaces where nobody wants to pay for games on iOS and Android, but console/PC/handheld people are more than willing to pay a fair price for those games.

XCOM: Enemy Unknown was $20 when it launched, though they delisted that and put up Enemy Within for $10. The Vita version includes the base game and the Enemy Within expansion. Civ Revolution 2 Plus is $9.99 on iOS, but has some extra scenarios and leaders on Vita for $2 less.

While I don't completely disagree, I would argue that one could enjoy VLR without 999. If you are interested in the series you could definitely jump in with VLR and check it out. And if you really like it, could either track down 999, watch some youtube videos, or read a synopsis.

One thing about VLR, the platinum really burned me out :bomb:

Great price on Virtue's Last Reward if anyone wants to blaze through it again before Zero Time Dilemma hits next week, or if you missed it on PS+ (about three years ago now, I think?). It's an excellent game, but I can't really recommend it as an entry point to the series, as quite a few things don't have nearly the same impact (or any impact at all, really) if you're not familiar with 999. There's a stripped down (novel-only, without the puzzles) version of 999 on iOS, though, if you don't want to track down a DS copy or don't have any sort of DS, and I doubt VLR's gonna hit this price again any time soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back