PSN Flash Sale Ends 6/27 @ 3 PM ET - $8 XCOM Vita, $8 Civ Rev 2 Vita, $6 TWD Michonne, and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Flash Sale Page

Cross Buy

:ps4: :ps3: Extreme Exorcism - $5.19 - 60% Off

:ps4: :ps3: Q.U.B.E.: Director's Cut - $2.49 - 75% Off

:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Race The Sun - $3.99 - 60% Off

:ps4: :ps3: :vita: The Swindle - $5.99 - 60% Off
:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Titan Attacks! - $2.49 - 75% Off

:ps4: :vita: TowerFall Ascension - $7.49 - 50% Off

:ps4: :ps3: Unmechanical: Extended - $2.49 - 75% Off

PS4
Apotheon - $2.99 - 80% Off

Arcade Archives Crazy Climber 2 - $3.19 - 60% Off

Arcade Archives Super Dodge Ball - $3.19 - 60% Off

Back to the Future: The Game 30th Anniversary Edition - $7.99 - 60% Off

Batman: Arkham Knight - $11.99 - 60% Off

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $14.99 - 70% Off

Child of Light Ultimate Edition - $8.99 - 60% Off

The Escapists - $7.99 - 60% Off

The Escapists + The Escapists: The Walking Dead COllection - $11.99 - 60% Off

Gauntlet: Slayer Edition - $7.99 - 60% Off

Guilty Gear Xrd: Sign - $14.99 - 70% Off

How to Survive: Storm Warning Edition - $3.99 - 80% Off

LEGO Jurassic World - $15.99 - 60% Off

Lichdom: Battlemage - $19.99 - 60% Off - Probably Should Avoid This

Mad Max - $15.99 - 60% Off

McDroid - $1.99 - 75%  Off 

Surgeon Simulator A&E + I Am Bread - $7.99 - 60% Off

The Walking Dead: Michonne - $5.99 - 60% Off

The Walking Dead: Season Two - $7.49 - 70% Off

Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate - $23.99 - 60% Off

Worms Battlegrounds - $6.24 - 75% Off

PS4 Add-ons
The Escapists - DLC Bundle - $3.99 - 60% Off

The Game of Thrones - Season Pass - $5.99 - 70% Off

Tales from the Borderlands - Season Pass - $4.49 - 70% Off - [customspoiler='Includes']Episodes 1-5[/customspoiler]

PS3
Assassin's Creed III - $7.99 - 60% Off

Assassin's Creed III Ultimate Edition - $14.99 - 70% Off

Batman: Arkham Asylum - $4.99 - 75% Off

Batman Arkham City - $5.99 - 70% Off

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $11.99 - 70% Off

Guilty Gear Xrd Sign - $11.99 - 70% Off

LEGO Jurassic World - $11.99 - 60% Off

Steins;Gate - $9.99 - 60% Off

The Walking Dead: Michonne - $5.99 - 60% Off

Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate - $19.99 - 60% Off

PS3 Add-ons

The Game of Thrones - Season Pass - $7.49 - 70% Off

Tales from the Borderlands - Season Pass - $4.49 - 70% Off

The Walking Dead: Season Two - Season Pass - $4.49 - 70% Off

Vita

Atomic Ninjas - $2.49 - 75% Off

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $11.99 - 70% Off

LEGO Jurassic World - $7.99 - 60% Off

Muramasa Rebirth - $7.49 - 70% Off

Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution 2 Plus - $7.99 - 60% Off

Soul Sacrifice Delta - $7.19 - 60% Off

Steins;Gate - $11.99 - 60% Off

Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate - $15.99 - 60% Off

The Wolf Among Us - $7.49 - 70% Off

XBlaze Lost: Memories - $11.99 - 70% Off

XCOM: Enemy Unknown Plus - $7.99 - 60% Off

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward - $7.49 - 70% Off

Vita Add-ons

The Walking Dead: Season Two - Season Pass - $5.99 - 70% Off

PSP

Myst - $2.39 - 80% Off

T.A.C. Heroes: Big Red One - $3.59 - 70% Off

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been meaning to buy 999 at some point but I just haven't seen a good price yet. Do I need to play it to enjoy Zero Escape: VLR? Is 7.50 a good price for it? My vita hasn't seen action in over a year.
They recently teased that 999 will very likely be coming to vita and Steam, so you could always buy VLR now and wait to play it until the first game is released on vita.

https://twitter.com/uchikoshi_eng/status/741287790130909185

Is Soul Sacrifice Delta compatible with Playstation TV?
This site has an accurate and up to date list of PlayStation TV compatible games.. Here is his most recent updates:

06/23/2016
Added PS Vita title, Storm Lover V, Storm Lover 2nd V

06/20/2016
Added PS Vita title, Funk of Titans

06/17/2016
Added PS Vita title, Rear Pheles Red of Another, Refrain no Chika Meikyuu To Majo No Ryodan
Corrected Zero Time Dilemma’s title to Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma
Soul Sacrifice Delta is compatible.

I keep seeing people talking about 999, but I dont see in the PSN store. Is it disk only?

Edit: Never mind. Got my answer a few posts up. My bad!!

I'm really tempted to get Back to the Future, but I'm such a die hard fan of the movies that I should maybe just buy the physical version. Has anyone even seen a noticeable graphical difference between the PS3 version and the PS4 version?

Dear God, someone actually read the thread!
joeysorry.gif

Newb question here:

I know Towerfall Ascension was in PS Plus before and I got it then. But on the sale page it said "FREE" and I was able to check out with both versions for free. Does that change my license or is it just meaningless? 

Has anybody played The Swindle or Atomic Ninjas?
I remember buying Atomic Ninjas when it was on sale previously and liking it but I can't for the life of me remember any of the gameplay right now. I have a bunch of PS3 games that I need to download today so I will post a bit later to provide some details. I have way too many games in my backlog. Earlier this morning, I was looking at my Xbox 360 collection to find hidden gems to play this weekend, discovered how many of the copies had never been opened, and longed for the days of the NES when I only got 2 games max per year - one on my birthday and one for Christmas. I probably owned less than 10 games between the NES, Super NES and Genesis until I graduated from college. LOL!

So if I hated Danganronpa with every ounce of my being (and then some) will I like Steins Gate? What I didn't like about Danganronpa was the actual game play. The story was okay and did keep my interest but by the end of the first trial I was so infuriated at the game play parts of the game I deleted it without finishing it and haven't looked back. Does Steins Balance story with game play and is the game play anything similar to Danganronpa? Or is it mostly story. I can live with the later as long as the game play doesn't get in the way of enjoying the story (which imho danganronpa did, at least for me).

So if I hated Danganronpa with every ounce of my being (and then some) will I like Steins Gate? What I didn't like about Danganronpa was the actual game play. The story was okay and did keep my interest but by the end of the first trial I was so infuriated at the game play parts of the game I deleted it without finishing it and haven't looked back. Does Steins Balance story with game play and is the game play anything similar to Danganronpa? Or is it mostly story. I can live with the later as long as the game play doesn't get in the way of enjoying the story (which imho danganronpa did, at least for me).
The are very different games, Stein's Gate is completely story driven, the most input you will have is in the choices you make during conversations. It is an excellent game and well worth the price.

If you're expecting gameplay from Steins;gate, you're in for a bad time. It's a visual novel in the traditional sense.

Expect all story with Steinsgate. No puzzles, no moving around an environment, no "real" fail state. Multiple endings based on some conversations, but no real gameplay.

Absolutely loved Steinsgate.

Newb question here:

I know Towerfall Ascension was in PS Plus before and I got it then. But on the sale page it said "FREE" and I was able to check out with both versions for free. Does that change my license or is it just meaningless?
That's because they re-released it on Vita later on with Cross Buy support for both versions, so it's free and unlocks the expiration date so that it's yours forever.

Does anyone have Lichdom that has played it after the patch? I was wondering if they improved the frame rate. The game looks interesting but $20 for a broken game is not worth it and it will surely drop lower if it is still bad.

They're a hell of a lot more entertaining than that endless memes and obnoxious dialogue in anything made by Gearbox. It brings me endless joy to see them burning in flames with Battleborn. Their days of stealing art, money, and shoving their political safe spaces down the throats of the public have finally caught up with them. The sooner they're completely wiped from the gaming world the better.

Telltale, visual novels, and games like Until Dawn all have a place in gaming. Just because you don't like them doesn't discount their worth.

If anyone hasn't played Virtue's Last Reward, that is a must buy in this sale. One of the greatest games I've ever played.
It's almost like two different people wrote your post.

Newb question here:

When a game releases and then they release it later on another system and want to make it retroactively crossbuy, they pull the old version from the store, issue a new version that is crossbuy with the new system, and anyone who bought the old version gets the new version for free. You just have to check out to purchase it. As a side note, when they do that you now own it for free, free, and won't lose it when your PS+ subscription expires, as long as you purchase the free copies before PS+ expires.

Anyone played Xcom on Vita? Haven't touched my Vita in forever, and I need to finish Persona4, but why not buy something else I don't have room for on a 32GB memory 'stick'? I own it on PC & 360 (now BC on X1), but I'm not likely to play it on X1 since I want to play new games there. My PC hasn't been on in a year, as I have it hooked up to my 32 inch HDTV & it just never looked as good as a GTX 680 should have several years ago when I bought it, much less now.
The struggle is real

Considering McDroid. Never heard of it before now. Looks to be a tower defense game with some interesting ideas but also issues. I enjoy tower defense, and also only $2.

Soliciting opinions. Unless I hear sentiments of "Stay away", I'll take What's an Interesting but Flawed Game for $2, Alex.

Thanks affa. Any other thoughts on SS Delta for a MH fan and a new owner of a Vita?

Thanks affa. Any other thoughts on SS Delta for a MH fan and a new owner of a Vita?
You're a little late to get on vita island, but still, props for getting one :p . Its an AMAZING handheld, and could use all the love it could get. Personally, I wasn't a huge fan of SS Delta, but I know a lot of people who thoroughly enjoyed it. However, if you need any other recommendations for your vita, let me know. ;)

When a game releases and then they release it later on another system and want to make it retroactively crossbuy, they pull the old version from the store, issue a new version that is crossbuy with the new system, and anyone who bought the old version gets the new version for free. You just have to check out to purchase it. As a side note, when they do that you now own it for free, free, and won't lose it when your PS+ subscription expires, as long as you purchase the free copies before PS+ expires.

Nice, I'll make sure to grab those just in case. Thanks!

Hm, is a physical copy of Stein's Gate worth it? Or is the digital fine? My 32GB card is pretty full. I want to get XCOM as well, but I'm just concerned for the performance. Rather play it to go than BC on XB1.

Hm, is a physical copy of Stein's Gate worth it? Or is the digital fine? My 32GB card is pretty full. I want to get XCOM as well, but I'm just concerned for the performance. Rather play it to go than BC on XB1.
The mobile version plays pretty well so I'd suspect that the Vita one would as well.

Anyone who's played Steins:Gate, which is the platform to pick it up on?  

I know there's the obvious difference of portable vs non-portable with the two versions, though as I have a PSTV, is there a reason to pick up the PS3 version over the Vita version?   It's unclear from the searching I've done if there's any control issues with playing Steins Gate on a PSTV over a Vita. 

Anyone who's played Steins:Gate, which is the platform to pick it up on?

I know there's the obvious difference of portable vs non-portable with the two versions, though as I have a PSTV, is there a reason to pick up the PS3 version over the Vita version? It's unclear from the searching I've done if there's any control issues with playing Steins Gate on a PSTV over a Vita.
I cant comment on the PS3/PSTV, but the Vita was perfectly fine. Theres no "control" over your character outside of dialogue choices and pulling up your phone. You dont move around an environment, no combat, no qte's; its basically: heres a story, and here are moments you can influence it with dialogue choices.

I cant comment on the PS3/PSTV, but the Vita was perfectly fine. Theres no "control" over your character outside of dialogue choices and pulling up your phone. You dont move around an environment, no combat, no qte's; its basically: heres a story, and here are moments you can influence it with dialogue choices.
Thanks. Unless there's some huge difference between the two versions in gameplay or graphics, I think I'll go Vita versions.

Muramasa it is.

67824414.jpg
Muramasa is pretty small file compared to other games (about 700mb I think) also keep an eye on the DLCs, its 4 extra stories that take place in the same world at different times in history, every character plays different and have some unique enemies... Muramasa is so awesome.

Went on a Telltale PS3 splurge:

- Walking Dead Michonne (I just finished reading the comic book compendiums, so I'm pumped for her backstory here)

- Game of Thrones

- Borderlands

Steins;gate is tempting at that price, but I'll just snag a physical copy off Amazon one of these days.

Went on a Telltale PS3 splurge:

- Walking Dead Michonne (I just finished reading the comic book compendiums, so I'm pumped for her backstory here)

- Game of Thrones

- Borderlands

Steins;gate is tempting at that price, but I'll just snag a physical copy off Amazon one of these days.
I don't think Walking Dead Michonne is a Michonne backstory. From what I know of it, it takes place somewhere in the issue 120-130 range, after the major Negan storyline ends. If you haven't read through the All Out War storyline and a little beyond, you may not get where it fits into the storyline.

Think I'll pass on The Swindle; no one has played it apparently, and I have a billion other games to play. I'll just get Muramasa and Atomic Ninjas.

Quick question though; does Best Buy do email delivery for PSN cards? I have a gift card but haven't been able to get out to a store.

So far, the sale has been pretty badass for me. -swims in the savings-

Grabbed:

Apotheon

Back to the Future

Blazblue Chrono Phantasia EXTEND

Guilty Gear Xrd SIGN

Mad Max

Telltale's The Walking Dead Season Two and Michonne

XCOM: Enemy Unknown Plus

Think I'll pass on The Swindle; no one has played it apparently, and I have a billion other games to play. I'll just get Muramasa and Atomic Ninjas.

Quick question though; does Best Buy do email delivery for PSN cards? I have a gift card but haven't been able to get out to a store.
I went sight unseen on The Swindle along with rebuying Apotheon and Towerfall Ascension since my PS+ ran out and Crazy Climber II. I read Destructoid's review of The Swindle and still couldn't fully figure it out. Apparently, it's a 2D game where you plan robberies using stealth and hacking QTEs. It got a 7.5, so I said what the hell. I wanted Mad Max, but a 33 gb download is way too much and I didn't want to go over my data cap. I'm sure the disc will go on sale at some point. I've got several other open world games to play until then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back