PSN has returned. What freebie games are you getting?

Makes me feel good knowing that nobody knows my birthdate or email tied to the account, and even if they were able get into the account there is NOTHING to gain from stealing it. Bahahaha...of course, it would be a hassle.

I cannot believe Sony is getting battered around still. First they were getting hacked up the hole and now they are just stepping in it left and right.

I am not sure what to do here. When PSN came back up a few days ago, I read about it but could not go online to do the firmware update and automatic password change (I did not have my PS3 with me then, but now I do). So unlike most of you guys, I never changed my p/w after the big hacking incident. And now I read about this other issue. So should I try to go online with my PS3 to change the p/w, or because it's "compromised" should I wait until they announce something or what? I really want to go onto my account, change it, and also put in a different DOB like some other people are doing, just in case.

Also, did anyone who had a positive balance in their PSN wallet before the incident, get the whole amount restored after it went back up? I know I had a bunch in my wallet, but can't remember exactly how much. I'm hoping none of this hoopla has made the system lose that money.

monash, you can check your full transaction history on PSN(from PS3 homescreen after you sign in), I did it yesterday and just check and see if you had any strange movements of money out around the hack date. I didn't but if you are worried check it out.

Ok I need to clarify something about this new password hack thing that started today.

I got a email from sony when psn came back up change my pass. I logged on my ps3 and changed my password for my account on my ps3. I did not do so on a website through my pc or something else like that. I did it all on the login screen on the ps3.

Does that mean Im ok or not ok?

Ive read a few stories about this ordeal and Im confused as fuck.

[quote name='gargus']Ok I need to clarify something about this new password hack thing that started today.

I got a email from sony when psn came back up change my pass. I logged on my ps3 and changed my password for my account on my ps3. I did not do so on a website through my pc or something else like that. I did it all on the login screen on the ps3.

Does that mean Im ok or not ok?

Ive read a few stories about this ordeal and Im confused as fuck.[/QUOTE]

You should NOT be OK, I believe. If I were you, I would change the DOB and/or the email tied to the account as well.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']You should NOT be OK, I believe. If I were you, I would change the DOB and/or the email tied to the account as well.[/QUOTE]

Stop fucking fear mongering you tool. No one can do anything with this exploit because took the sites down and obviously won't put it back up until it's fixed. In other words, this is a non-fucking-issue

[quote name='ssjmichael']Stop fucking fear mongering you tool. No one can do anything with this exploit because took the sites down and obviously won't put it back up until it's fixed. In other words, this is a non-fucking-issue[/QUOTE]

You back to blindly hate on me again? :rofl:

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']You back to blindly hate on me again? :rofl:[/QUOTE]
I believe your former post is reason enough to hate... :roll:

[quote name='Oaxan']I believe your former post is reason enough to hate... :roll:[/QUOTE]

I didn't say in concrete that he was in dire danger, I was really just saying that it wouldn't hurt to change his DOB/email. Not a problem buddy. I'm not doing anything personally obviously, if that changes some of the reactions of what I posted...?

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']I didn't say in concrete that he was in dire danger, I was really just saying that it wouldn't hurt to change his DOB/email. Not a problem buddy. I'm not doing anything personally obviously, if that changes some of the reactions of what I posted...?[/QUOTE]
You can't change your DoB on the account, once registered it can't be changed.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']You should NOT be OK, I believe. If I were you, I would change the DOB and/or the email tied to the account as well.[/QUOTE]

He's OK. The only people who aren't OK are people who received "Your Password has been changed" emails without themselves changing the password. This recent thing doesn't care about how someone changed their password, or if they changed it at all. It doesn't steal passwords either.

And, as pointed out above, the password reset page has since been taken down until the exploit is fixed. If your password wasn't changed before by someone else, it won't be getting changed.

[quote name='Salamando3000']He's OK. The only people who aren't OK are people who received "Your Password has been changed" emails without themselves changing the password. This recent thing doesn't care about how someone changed their password, or if they changed it at all. It doesn't steal passwords either.

And, as pointed out above, the password reset page has since been taken down until the exploit is fixed. If your password wasn't changed before by someone else, it won't be getting changed.[/QUOTE]

Ok I got it now.

Yeah what I had was when psn came back up a system update, then I had to change my password, so I changed the password on my ps3, then I got 1 email saying my password was changed after I changed it. I havent gotten anyother emails since.

I just wasnt sure all the damn articles I was reading werent exactly real clear on what was what.

[quote name='gargus']Ok I got it now.

Yeah what I had was when psn came back up a system update, then I had to change my password, so I changed the password on my ps3, then I got 1 email saying my password was changed after I changed it. I havent gotten anyother emails since.

I just wasnt sure all the damn articles I was reading werent exactly real clear on what was what.[/QUOTE]

I was wondering the same also Gargus. Now that I haven't received the 2nd password change email its OK. Plus it's good Sony is fixing this little problem. With technology these days nothing seems to be safe but its the world we live in. I think Sony has learned a lot from this experience and lets hope its the last.

My ps3 froze like a half dozen times yesterday which is as much as its frozen up in the 1st year I've owned it. I got the 45 dollar 2 year warranty a few days before psn went down and my original warranty would have run out during the psn outrage. I wonder if that original warranty would have been extended because of the psn outrage. I feel like i almost got screwed like last time when gta 4 finally had a patch were i never had to see autoaimers again and my ps3 died pretty much right after i downloaded the long awaited patch.

So the only way to change your PW as of now is on the PS3 you made the account on? Has anyone tried it on a different PS3 (in case your first one broke or something)?

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Great, PSN will be down again next tuesday because of everybody buying shit at once, lol.[/QUOTE]

Probably :lol:

I'm probably not going to though. There were things I wanted to buy when it went down, but I don't really want them anymore.

[quote name='DOMINATOR912']So the only way to change your PW as of now is on the PS3 you made the account on? Has anyone tried it on a different PS3 (in case your first one broke or something)?[/QUOTE]

I reset my password on a different PS3 than I made my account on (along with many other people), I don't think it has anything to do with that. I heard that accounts with no purchase history were able to reset passwords without needing email verification, but I'm not sure if that's correct either.. would explain why I was able to do it though.

[quote name='sunghost']I reset my password on a different PS3 than I made my account on (along with many other people), I don't think it has anything to do with that. I heard that accounts with no purchase history were able to reset passwords without needing email verification, but I'm not sure if that's correct either.. would explain why I was able to do it though.[/QUOTE]

I am not able to reset the password on an account I have that has no payment history or card associated.

If any good christian would like to leave their pet with me I will gladly take it I charge 300$ a pet plus 50 for each additional I will make sure Lucifer does not rape or hurt your pet.

[quote name='sunghost']I reset my password on a different PS3 than I made my account on (along with many other people), I don't think it has anything to do with that. I heard that accounts with no purchase history were able to reset passwords without needing email verification, but I'm not sure if that's correct either.. would explain why I was able to do it though.[/QUOTE]

Well the reason I ask is because my PS3 died just before PSN went down and I'm waiting until after E3 to get a new one due to the possible price drop. I mentioned this a few days ago and was told to do it on the PS site, but since thats out the window I was just wondering if I could do the reset on a new PS3. I have no payment history on my account since everything I ever bought was with prepaid PSN cards.

[quote name='bjstucker']If any good christian would like to leave their pet with me I will gladly take it I charge 300$ a pet plus 50 for each additional I will make sure Lucifer does not rape or hurt your pet.[/QUOTE]

What sort of experience do you have with shielding animals from demonic forms of rape? I'm still shopping around for a good dog sitter.

I'm just happy I'll finally be able to sell PS3 codes like I used to.

[quote name='DOMINATOR912']Well the reason I ask is because my PS3 died just before PSN went down and I'm waiting until after E3 to get a new one due to the possible price drop. I mentioned this a few days ago and was told to do it on the PS site, but since thats out the window I was just wondering if I could do the reset on a new PS3. I have no payment history on my account since everything I ever bought was with prepaid PSN cards.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I have no idea what criteria it goes by for you to be able to reset your password on a PS3 if what paz9x says it true. I would think it shouldn't take long for the PSN user management site to come back up though. I created my PSN account on an old fat 60 GB PS3 that I no longer own, and reset my password on a 160gb slim.

[quote name='sunghost']Yeah I have no idea what criteria it goes by for you to be able to reset your password on a PS3 if what paz9x says it true. I would think it shouldn't take long for the PSN user management site to come back up though. I created my PSN account on an old fat 60 GB PS3 that I no longer own, and reset my password on a 160gb slim.[/QUOTE]

I believe there were two ways to reset a password...

1) Via the website and a verified email address...
2) Via a Playstation 3 that already had the account activated on it before PSN went down.

PSN makes me mad, I can't sign in with my subaccount because I can't login with my main account on the PS3. There would be no problem if they update sub accounts to regular ones at age 18...

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Great, PSN will be down again next tuesday because of everybody buying shit at once, lol.[/QUOTE]
People buy shit from the PSN store? Really?;)

Maybe all the people trying to make a mass grab for their free shit from the welcome back program will crash the servers though.

O.k. searched around a bit, but haven't figured this out, how am I supposed to watch Netflix if I can't update my password on the PS3/PSN site? Anyone?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']People buy shit from the PSN store? Really?;)

Maybe all the people trying to make a mass grab for their free shit from the welcome back program will crash the servers though.[/QUOTE]

I don't plan on even trying to download anything for at least a couple of days after the free stuff becomes available. I don't really want to leave my PS3 online for 2 days straight as it downloads at .01kb/sec

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']O.k. searched around a bit, but haven't figured this out, how am I supposed to watch Netflix if I can't update my password on the PS3/PSN site? Anyone?[/QUOTE]

I was able to update my Password/Email through my PS3.

[quote name='typical guy']I don't plan on even trying to download anything for at least a couple of days after the free stuff becomes available. I don't really want to leave my PS3 online for 2 days straight as it downloads at .01kb/sec.[/QUOTE]
That's about the speed my connection will allow me to download this all download only freebie bs at. But I digress.....:whistle2:#

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']That's about the speed my connection will allow me to download this all download only freebie bs at. But I digress.....:whistle2:#[/QUOTE]
I'll be downloading about 10 games all at once. o_o
But, since my internet is fucking awesome, download speed shouldn't be a problem.

[quote name='Oaxan']I'll be downloading about 10 games all at once. o_o
But, since my internet is fucking awesome, download speed shouldn't be a problem.[/QUOTE]

i imagine your download speed wont make much difference, psn speed stinks.

[quote name='paz9x']i imagine your download speed wont make much difference, psn speed stinks.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, find it a bit rediculous that sometimes it takes me 20ish minutes to download barely a gig worth of stuff.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Agreed, find it a bit rediculous that sometimes it takes me 20ish minutes to download barely a gig worth of stuff.[/QUOTE]

8 minutes for a 40mb update a couple days ago.

[quote name='praxus07']Yeah....my xbox downloads a 2gb game trial in about 30 minutes, the ps3 takes hours. Infamous will probably take all bloody day.[/QUOTE]

Might want to check some ports. My PS3 and 360 download roughly the same.

[quote name='SynGamer']Might want to check some ports. My PS3 and 360 download roughly the same.[/QUOTE]

I'v tried everything here personally, my 360 and PC have always been faster than my PS3. I always just assumed PSN capped speeds or something.

Also, it seems like it has something to do with the amount of people DLing something. If i grab a big game RIGHT after it comes out, it seems to take forever, but last night when i was DLing a 300+ MB patch for BlazBlue, it barely took 2 minutes.

The server overload will be coming when the PSN store gets back up. The community is too big and AS SOON as the store goes up people will be blowing it up by trying to download 12 million GB of data at one time. :( I highly doubt Sony will be able to hold up to that storm on Tuesday.

Is the PSN store coming back, worldwide, at the same time? If so, then I'd definitely expect it to crash.

I just want it to come back with the PlayStation Plus trial so I can load my saves to the cloud storage, trade-in my current system and buy a new, hopefully cheaper system, while later regaining my saves from cloud.

[quote name='dgwillia006']I'v tried everything here personally, my 360 and PC have always been faster than my PS3. I always just assumed PSN capped speeds or something.

Also, it seems like it has something to do with the amount of people DLing something. If i grab a big game RIGHT after it comes out, it seems to take forever, but last night when i was DLing a 300+ MB patch for BlazBlue, it barely took 2 minutes.[/QUOTE]
Have you proxied through your computer? At the cost of lagging in online play, it sped up my download and upload speeds across the PSN.

[quote name='SynGamer']Might want to check some ports. My PS3 and 360 download roughly the same.[/QUOTE]

No idea what that even means....computer illiterate here...or almost...all I know is my netflix works the same on the ps3 as on the 360, web browsing is normally fast as well. But whenever I download something, even tiny updates, they take like 5x longer than on my 360.

[quote name='praxus07']No idea what that even means....computer illiterate here...or almost...all I know is my netflix works the same on the ps3 as on the 360, web browsing is normally fast as well. But whenever I download something, even tiny updates, they take like 5x longer than on my 360.[/QUOTE]

Computer literate here. Downloading from PSN is significantly slower. A demo that takes 30 minutes on 360 takes like 2 hours on PSN.

[quote name='elessar123']Computer literate here. Downloading from PSN is significantly slower. A demo that takes 30 minutes on 360 takes like 2 hours on PSN.[/QUOTE]
I've had a 30MB patch take two hours, but I've also had a 1GB demo take less than 45 minutes like it should, both during off-peak hours. Can't really explain it.

I have my PS3 assigned with a static IP from my router, which has helped in the past, but I'll have to tinker with it some more. Anyone who has a PS3 near their router should certainly go with an Ethernet connection if space permits.

[quote name='The Ebbtide']Is the PSN store coming back, worldwide, at the same time? If so, then I'd definitely expect it to crash.
[/QUOTE]

I don't think that will be the case.

Ive been watching the HK PS Blog and they still have no announcement for the return of the service. Japan has had that delay. If I am not mistaken, Europe updates on a different day.

If they play their cards right, it sounds like they might be able to stagger the return of the store to minimize the toll on their infrastructure.

bread's done
Back