PSN has returned. What freebie games are you getting?

[quote name='Krynj']May 31st huh? Hopefully that doesn't turn into June 31st.[/QUOTE]
They would have to be pretty fucking stupid to not have their PSN Store up for E3. Now it's Sony so there is a good chance of this happening sadly :cry:.

Now people are saying the code redemption feature might be turned on tonight and that is the reason for the maintenance. I'm pretty sure the store would need to be enabled to receive anything, though.

[quote name='xmbri']That was the date for the developers to have items ready for the new firmware 3.68 or 9 that is due to come up. That is what happens when these blog sites get a memo and run with it, like the media doesn't do that all the time:roll:[/QUOTE]
Proof? Since when do PSN games depend on firmware to be able to be released?

[quote name='elessar123']A lot of PSP titles do.[/QUOTE]
You're thinking of PSP games that require you to be updated to play them. PS Store releases aren't tied to firmware updates, especially since the store can be updated and overhauled without a firmware update. I'd like proof of the firmware update since I haven't seen anything about another one being in the works.

[quote name='awp']Don't have the link but I believe it was Gamesutra that got a "leaked" memo from Sony to developers that said the store would be back on May 24th along with accelerated (two times a week) updates to catch up on games that came out during the outage. The story spread to many other sites including IGN and Gamespot. So, if the memo was genuine, then Sony's gonna get more griping from developers anxious to start / re-start selling their games on PSN.

I'm just waiting for the Welcome Back program, of course! :)[/QUOTE]

So then Sony never officially announced any sort of date for the public, and you're over-reacting as usual? Ah, ok. :)

Logged into the PSN via the website today to look over my account and noticed a transaction for $0.00 on 5/20. Anyone else see this on their account under Account Settings < Manage Account < View Transaction History?

[quote name='Skaughtto']Logged into the PSN via the website today to look over my account and noticed a transaction for $0.00 on 5/20. Anyone else see this on their account under Account Settings < Manage Account < View Transaction History?[/QUOTE]

Just looked at that. Clicking on the product purchase it mentions playstation plus. I think that's just where they added the extra time on.

Doesn't work for me. Either it doesn't work at all, or the sackboy code for modnation racers has expired already (it's supposed to be valid until tomorrow). :(

[quote name='EspressoSnail']Just looked at that. Clicking on the product purchase it mentions playstation plus. I think that's just where they added the extra time on.[/QUOTE]

I checked my services and saw it says free 60 day extension. If you check your download list, you should also see all previous PS+ related downloads have been bumped to the top, which refreshes the expiry date. I had to manually do this when I renewed back in March.

Actually, you'll have to start to redownload the items to refresh the expiration date. You can cancel the download immediately so you don't actually redownload everything. Seeing as how the date on the PS+ now ends at xx/27/xx, I would assume the store will be up on Friday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anybody received any email regarding the credit monitor/protection Sony was going to offer? I received an email, the formatting look correct but I have feeling it's a pishing email. It has a link to click where it says you'll get an activation code. It is listed as us.playstation.com but when i scroll shows the redirect as playstation-email.com.

[quote name='Thongsy']Has anybody received any email regarding the credit monitor/protection Sony was going to offer? I received an email, the formatting look correct but I have feeling it's a pishing email. It has a link to click where it says you'll get an activation code. It is listed as us.playstation.com but when i scroll shows the redirect as playstation-email.com.[/QUOTE]

Sony hasn't said anything yet. This sounds like a pretty obvious scam.

I bought Neutopia before the PSN went down and I was just trying to copy it to my PSP but I am getting an error. Is this due to the lack of PS Store? I was able to transfer some videos which also do the activation step but all my minis were a no go. Has anyone had any luck copying from PS3 to PSP?

After doing some checking and asking around, it seem the email is legit. Still kind of weird how not many people have gotten it. I have only received it in only one of my emails when I have 3 or 4 different PSN/SOE accounts.

[quote name='ROB64']Doesn't work for me. Either it doesn't work at all, or the sackboy code for modnation racers has expired already (it's supposed to be valid until tomorrow). :([/QUOTE]
if you phone it in after the network is back up, they can probably help you. I had an issue with my God of War 3 CE codes not working and they got me knew codes.

[quote name='Thongsy']After doing some checking and asking around, it seem the email is legit. Still kind of weird how not many people have gotten it. I have only received it in only one of my emails when I have 3 or 4 different PSN/SOE accounts.[/QUOTE]
They can't send out all of the millions of emails simultaneously, some people will get them earlier than others. Also, are they all NA accounts?

[quote name='SynGamer']So then Sony never officially announced any sort of date for the public, and you're over-reacting as usual? Ah, ok. :)[/QUOTE]

I'm over-reacting? I just was answering the question of where people heard the May 24th date --- from a leaked memo to developers. I realize it wasn't publicly announced so I didn't necessarily have any faith in that date and haven't been bashing Sony for not meeting it.

Anyway, that doesn't mean I'm not looking forward the store re-opening.

[quote name='ROB64']Doesn't work for me. Either it doesn't work at all, or the sackboy code for modnation racers has expired already (it's supposed to be valid until tomorrow). :([/QUOTE]

I would still try it. I don't remember the game I bought but it came with some DLC that was supposed to expire a few months before I bought the game but needless to say it worked.

If not call Sony because there is no reason they would not be able to help you out considering the fact it's been over a month since PSN is down.

Last night I was able to re-download a couple mini-games to my PSP, so it seems like the store is getting closer to being up. I guess we'll all hope for Thursday or Friday night... so that means it will turn on Sunday or Monday night =P

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Proof? Since when do PSN games depend on firmware to be able to be released?[/QUOTE]

and where is the proof that PSN store was going to be up on May 24 and the end of the world was supposed to be May 21st :roll:
People are getting more and more ridiculously mad about this situation by the day. Go out and enjoy the world. Excuse me while I go back to playing my PS3 instead of reading about the vocal minority bitching about their PS3 being down. My suggestion to the whiners: Don't cry me a river, build a bridge and get over it. The hardcore gaming community as of late is turning into a bunch of pussy whimpering crybabys. There I said it. Finally wanted to get it off my chest as of late is has been nothing but agonizing reading through threads and threads of bull. Go complain to SONY, not this board. Please close these threads and many others like it. It just breeds stupidity.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Thanks for proving that you have no factual evidence to back up your claim.[/QUOTE]

I read it on their blog and also makes sense. Just a hypothesis, was not stating a fact. Sorry I didn't say I heard. You sir are a complete douchebag. You are like most of the whiners and complainers, get a life and play your PS3 instead of lurking around to prove everyone is wrong, so you can justify your petty existence and your inferiority complex.

I never stated it as fact, just a guess because of the maintenance yesterday and the fact there was a hacking attempt a couple of days ago, though minor. Sorry all mighty one. I don't remember where I read it but developers had to have things ready by then to make sure their titles worked with the new firmware, but they were also going to release a new firmware shortly. It was on their blog, but now cannot find it. You don't have to be a douche about it. You were lurking ready to pounce on me when I didn't find anything. Tells alot about you and many of the people of this board as of late. I think I will take my toys somewhere else since everyone's elitist attitude lately has been nothing but shitty.

attachment.php

[quote name='xmbri']I never stated it as fact, just a guess because of the maintenance yesterday and the fact there was a hacking attempt a couple of days ago, though minor. Sorry all mighty one. I don't remember where I read it but developers had to have things ready by then to make sure their titles worked with the new firmware, but they were also going to release a new firmware shortly. It was on their blog, but now cannot find it. You don't have to be a douche about it. You were lurking ready to pounce on me when I didn't find anything. Tells alot about you and many of the people of this board as of late. I think I will take my toys somewhere else since everyone's elitist attitude lately has been nothing but shitty.[/QUOTE]
Your post seemed to be stating it as a fact and not a guess. You displayed knowledge about the memo's true meaning that nobody else seemed to pick up on.

I'm not being a douche about anything, but I expect links to info/news about this situation since it has been full of BS from bad sources or sites that have no clue what they're talking about. I don't know how I was lurking when I had just clicked on this thread for the first time today. Thanks for the insults! :wave:

I just really hope devs take this to heart and stop focusing so much effort on DLC. Sell your fucking game as a 100% complete package or don't sell it at all.

[quote name='Jodou']I just really hope devs take this to heart and stop focusing so much effort on DLC. Sell your fucking game as a 100% complete package or don't sell it at all.[/QUOTE]
The original package is a complete package. It's only "incomplete" for used sales. It isn't Codemasters' fault PSN is down.

[quote name='pjb16']The original package is a complete package. It's only "incomplete" for used sales. It isn't Codemasters' fault PSN is down.[/QUOTE]

But it is their fault for implementing an online pass.

[quote name='Jodou']I just really hope devs take this to heart and stop focusing so much effort on DLC. Sell your fucking game as a 100% complete package or don't sell it at all.[/QUOTE]

I agree so much. It use to be you got ALL the content of a game when you bought it. Now, you buy a game and then pay several more times for the rest of it. That's why I don't buy games unless they are the GOTY editions if I can help it.

[quote name='Blackout']But it is their fault for implementing an online pass.[/QUOTE]
Yes, it certainly is. But just because they choose to include an online pass doesn't mean they aren't selling a complete package.

[quote name='adriley313']stupid question alert:
do they email you about getting the free games as i dont use that email address since it got hacked.[/QUOTE]
No, you just download them from the store.

i havent played LBP yet. i played it once but i didnt really like it (mostly because i didnt understand it). should i give it another try? i mean i have the hard copy of it. should i trade it in to amazon ($8.75 TIV) and get a digital copy of it or just keep it and get wipeout?

:applause: I'm getting sick of seeing games release and then a week later there's a shitton of DLC for them.

Even the dev/pub whose games I tend to gravitate to most(Rockstar) has done it this gen with the Undead Nightmare n other $10 packs.

Instead of making Red Dead Redemption a truly great online experience, they turned the free roam so dead that it's really boring to play since there's few NPC's and the gang hideouts get repetitive after a while.

[quote name='xmbri']and where is the proof that PSN store was going to be up on May 24 and the end of the world was supposed to be May 21st :roll:
People are getting more and more ridiculously mad about this situation by the day. Go out and enjoy the world. Excuse me while I go back to playing my PS3 instead of reading about the vocal minority bitching about their PS3 being down. My suggestion to the whiners: Don't cry me a river, build a bridge and get over it. The hardcore gaming community as of late is turning into a bunch of pussy whimpering crybabys. There I said it. Finally wanted to get it off my chest as of late is has been nothing but agonizing reading through threads and threads of bull. Go complain to SONY, not this board. Please close these threads and many others like it. It just breeds stupidity.[/QUOTE]

You don't care about PSN but you do care about people complaining over it. Get over it and not be a whiny bitch about it. Why do you even care about games? Like you said don't game and enjoy the real life.

This isn't directed at you but all the people who posted similar post like yours on this thread.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:applause: I'm getting sick of seeing games release and then a week later there's a shitton of DLC for them.

Even the dev/pub whose games I tend to gravitate to most(Rockstar) has done it this gen with the Undead Nightmare n other $10 packs.[/QUOTE]The sketchiest DLC are the ~100kb downloads that seem to unlock massive amounts of content that were most likely provided with the disc.

It feels like buying a house and having to pay again in order to open up individual rooms.

bread's done
Back