PSN has returned. What freebie games are you getting?

[quote name='lokizz']the only problem with that is there arent any xbox exclusives im interested in. but even looking through the wii stuff i can only see 3 or 4 games id actually want to play. damn you sony damn you !!!!! and damn those hackers too !!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

I second the don't buy a Wii. 1) it sucks, and 2) there's a Wii HD coming out that's likely to be able to play current gen games.

[quote name='jh6269']I second the don't buy a Wii. 1) it sucks, and 2) there's a Wii HD coming out that's likely to be able to play current gen games.[/QUOTE]

eh i probably wont like i said there arent enough games on it ( that id want) to make it worthwhile. still you never know this lack of online gaming is killing me.

I just pondered something for psn+ members, I remember reading a post about Sony offering a month/month added. Are they going to credit psn+ subscribers the nearly 3 weeks plus the month? It's really useless if they only give us a month since that basically covers the loss we are having and would say it's unfair.

[quote name='lokizz']eh i probably wont like i said there arent enough games on it ( that id want) to make it worthwhile. still you never know this lack of online gaming is killing me.[/QUOTE]

You're really out of games? I've got so many in my backlog it's not funny.
Get Yakuza 4, there's 100 hours of game-play right there.

[quote name='skiizim']I just pondered something for psn+ members, I remember reading a post about Sony offering a month/month added. Are they going to credit psn+ subscribers the nearly 3 weeks plus the month? It's really useless if they only give us a month since that basically covers the loss we are having and would say it's unfair.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking about that too. If they just give us one month of Plus added on, that's just covering time lost and not an actual reward. We should be getting 2 months at this point...

[quote name='jh6269']You're really out of games? I've got so many in my backlog it's not funny.
Get Yakuza 4, there's 100 hours of game-play right there.[/QUOTE]

nope not out of games just bored with sp so a wii would be a diff direction gamewise. i still have to beat demon souls, havent started bioshock 2 yet, been playing lbp here and there ive got maybe 10 or 11 games i havent beaten yet not counting psn games i picked up from the psn store. i just really want to play mp and my anger at sony right now makes playing sp difficult since now it feel slike a chore.

i played alot of mp which is why my backlog got to where it is. and theres trophy hunting too im still trying to get the ds2 hardcore trophy.

but if anything i might just pick up some of the other games on ps3 i wanted to try but was waiting for a price drop.

la noir might be worth getting too but im worried the game wont live up to the hype.

[quote name='AdmrlBalls']I was thinking about that too. If they just give us one month of Plus added on, that's just covering time lost and not an actual reward. We should be getting 2 months at this point...[/QUOTE]

They say you get the free month plus a credit for each day lost.

I went back to the backlog, and i finally finishing up Uncharted 2. Damn it is amazing. On chapter 23 now. I likely wouldnt have gotten back to it if psn wasnt down, so finally a single upside!

[quote name='blitz6speed']I went back to the backlog, and i finally finishing up Uncharted 2. Damn it is amazing. On chapter 23 now. I likely wouldnt have gotten back to it if psn wasnt down, so finally a single upside![/QUOTE]

How the hell could anyone start U2 and NOT finish it?

[quote name='lllGurulll']How the hell could anyone start U2 and NOT finish it?[/QUOTE]

Isn't there/wasn't there a deal on this somewhere? Preferably something around $25 or so....I've demoed the fuck out of it, but just haven't bought it because it hasn't hit that price point I've set for myself with this shitty economy/as a CAG.

Also, I think this ordeal for Sony has been the most press they've had in years at this point.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Isn't there/wasn't there a deal on this somewhere? Preferably something around $25 or so....I've demoed the fuck out of it, but just haven't bought it because it hasn't hit that price point I've set for myself with this shitty economy/as a CAG.

Also, I think this ordeal for Sony has been the most press they've had in years at this point.[/QUOTE]
It's $21.99 for the vanilla edition of Uncharted 2 used from Amazon's Warehouse deals with free shipping if you have Prime.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B001JKTC9A/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used

I actually have a sealed copy from the BF PS3 bundle I bought from Amazon a while back through their Warehouse Deals section that's just sitting here collecting dust. But I may replay it once Uncharted 3 price drops a bit after it releases, so I'm not 100% sure I'd want to get rid of it or not.

[quote name='AshesofWake']sigh....all i want to do is repair my PS2 and i can't now :([/QUOTE]

Yeah, my PS2's laser broke a long time ago.
Luckily, I had already "enhanced" it, so it's not much of a problem.
What's wrong with your's?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I actually have a sealed copy from the BF PS3 bundle I bought from Amazon a while back through their Warehouse Deals section that's just sitting here collecting dust. But I may replay it once Uncharted 3 price drops a bit after it releases, so I'm not 100% sure I'd want to get rid of it or not.[/QUOTE]

You buy Uncharted 3 on mother fucking launch day and don't even think about waiting until day 2!!!!

Comin in here not wanting to buy Uncharted 3 day one. . . fuckin nerve of some people!

[quote name='basilofbkrst']You buy Uncharted 3 on mother fucking launch day and don't even think about waiting until day 2!!!!

Comin in here not wanting to buy Uncharted 3 day one. . . fuckin nerve of some people![/QUOTE]
:booty:Unless Naughty Dog were to group together the high level people to beat the snot outta each other I won't be playing the mp in U3, so the single player will have to do for me.:razz:

Anyone take a guess when psn actually comes back online how slow its going to actually be. All the mandatory firmware downloads plus all the people going nuts to make up for lost time. I may not even attempt to go on psn the first few days to just let it settle down. Then again I don't play multi player at all so it's really been not a big deal for me.

[quote name='jh6269']You're really out of games? I've got so many in my backlog it's not funny.
Get Yakuza 4, there's 100 hours of game-play right there.[/QUOTE]

To bad most people wouldn't find that fun.

[quote name='iwannadie']Anyone take a guess when psn actually comes back online how slow its going to actually be. All the mandatory firmware downloads plus all the people going nuts to make up for lost time. I may not even attempt to go on psn the first few days to just let it settle down. Then again I don't play multi player at all so it's really been not a big deal for me.[/QUOTE]
Chances are I'll give it an extra 3-5 days even when they say it's back up, since I don't wanna be among the throngs of people trying to get back online and reconnect with people they play mp with.

Mind ya, I do miss trying to find new glitches in GTA with friends. I found a few but most aren't really accessible unless your character is a contortionist.:lol:

[quote name='basilofbkrst']You buy Uncharted 3 on mother fucking launch day and don't even think about waiting until day 2!!!!

Comin in here not wanting to buy Uncharted 3 day one. . . fuckin nerve of some people![/QUOTE]

A fucking men brothah!!!!

Kinda hilarious. I got a decent deal at Fry's (free DS3 & game) on a PS3 about 2 days into the outage, and figured it'd be back up within a day or two. Welp, I was wrong...so I haven't been able to even create a PSN account, which actually, in light of the breach announcement, works in my favor. Just hope Sony extends a little recourse my way, but we'll see.

So far I've picked up the God of War Collection and Uncharted. Any other PS3 exclusives I should look into? I've got a 360, so I've already got many of the cross-platformers in the collection.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Isn't there/wasn't there a deal on this somewhere? Preferably something around $25 or so....I've demoed the fuck out of it, but just haven't bought it because it hasn't hit that price point I've set for myself with this shitty economy/as a CAG.

Also, I think this ordeal for Sony has been the most press they've had in years at this point.[/QUOTE]

Just got a CAG alert for this today - UC2 is $20 at Best Buy.

[quote name='Amblix']To bad most people wouldn't find that fun.[/QUOTE]

0010_dht6.gif

[quote name='Organization_XIII']Right, but not all publicity is good publicity... Sony is losing alot of customers because of this[/QUOTE]

Any proof beyond nerd rage on a few forums, or are you pulling this data out of your ass? Source to Sony losing a lot of customers over this?

[quote name='Amblix']To bad most people wouldn't find that fun.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you're right, but they're really missing out.

[quote name='KingBroly']1-11-11?
11-1-11?
11-11-1?
1-1-111?
111-1-1?

I forget the release date.[/QUOTE]

It's the first one.

It's already out. Surprise!

[quote name='lllGurulll']How the hell could anyone start U2 and NOT finish it?[/QUOTE]

MW2 addiction. I bought MW2/Demon Souls/Uncharted 2 the same day. I never played more then 10 min of Demon Souls and Uncharted 2 i got halfway through but kept getting interrupted by others to go play more mw2 online. MW2 was so epic for me, first FPS i took seriously to learn how they work, i prestiged many times, and i was playing it still till psn went down. Black Ops is the better game for sure, but the netcode is so trashy that mw2 is still much funner to play. So sad.

[quote name='pimpster4183']I've noticed a spike in PS3 sales on Craigslist since this outage has happened. I'm still waiting to find one at a good deal[/QUOTE]

Ive noticed the same. I want a cheap ps3 slim to replace my 80 gig phat so that all my ps3s in the house are slims. Some are not budging tho, i want to pay ~180ish.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Any proof beyond nerd rage on a few forums, or are you pulling this data out of your ass? Source to Sony losing a lot of customers over this?[/QUOTE]

I've stopped buying clothes for my Home avatar.

Sony is loosing business.......FACT

[quote name='venkman781']So far I've picked up the God of War Collection and Uncharted. Any other PS3 exclusives I should look into? I've got a 360, so I've already got many of the cross-platformers in the collection.[/QUOTE]Well welcome to the club. “The PS3 for the exclusive and the 360 for everything else.”

Besides the obvious, Uncharted 2 and GoW 3, Demon's Souls is brutal but pretty much a must experience. I have gotten to it yet (its in the backlog) but everyone seems to have great things to say about 3D Dot Heroes and the LittleBigPlanets are great fun too.

I also own the SOCOMs, Killzone 2, inFAMOUS, Warhawk, and Heavy Rain... Those I don't recommend. I didn't think Killzone 2 was anything special (it is solid... Just came across as soul less), Heavy Rain is a rent and so is inFAMOUS. (Though neither of those games really captured me with their stories.)

I'm actually in a gaming lull too. I wanted to download Castlevania: SOTN to my psp go, but that device is useless now.

My backlog is actually pretty much gone now. I have sly 2+3, GoW2, and demon's souls. I picked up minecraft and fallout:NV (again) to keep me busy until the 24th when I'll get LA Noire for my birthday.

[quote name='Organization_XIII']http://southbend.craigslist.org/vgm/2350313177.html[/QUOTE]

man I'm not sure how to take that, it looks like its a sex ad w/ the email replay and extra 'hand' controller. who the fuck calls a controller that? :lol:

anyways, finally got into Hulu Plus on the 360 last night, and damn, it might win me over from the PS3. I like the PS3 layout much better, and it actually differentiates b/t the queue and 'subscriptions' (although I don't know the diff. b/t how the 2 work really..) but with Kinect support and proper 720p display (on the PS3 it over-expands the image and I can't figure out how to fix it, looks bad) I'm not sure I'll even activate it on the PS3 again..

see! this is whats happening Sony :cry:

[quote name='venkman781'] Any other PS3 exclusives I should look into? [/QUOTE]

There's two Ratchet and Clank games on the PS3: Tools of Destruction and A Crack in Time. Very fun games if you like platformers.

And of course there's Metal Gear Solid 4.

Apparently the Retail Gods were listening, UC2: GOTY on sale at BB for $20

Damn you Sony! I actually have an extra long weekend thanks to being off tomorrow (Truman's Birthday observed) but I still can't enjoy any UC2 co-op goodness.

I'm borrowing a friend's copy of the game and am seriously considering picking up a GOTY copy from BB for $20 but I'm afraid that by the time PSN is back UC3 will be out and I will have wasted my money...

[quote name='Organization_XIII']Right, but not all publicity is good publicity... Sony is losing alot of customers because of this[/QUOTE]

Of course/for sure. I was just saying that I don't remember the gaming community even remotely discussing Sony/PS3 since the giant crabs (and maybe one or two minor controversies) controversy.

[quote name='Backlash']Just got a CAG alert for this today - UC2 is $20 at Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='guardian_owl']Apparently the Retail Gods were listening, UC2: GOTY on sale at BB for $20[/QUOTE]

Thanks guys:D for taking care and looking out. Funny, I post in this thread and it happens. Now I just have to see if I can squeeze a trip out to BB. O.K. let's see if it can happen twice, how about a $20 price for GoW3?

[quote name='mtxbass1']Any proof beyond nerd rage on a few forums, or are you pulling this data out of your ass? Source to Sony losing a lot of customers over this?[/QUOTE]

Of course they're losing customers over this fiasco. Name me one person who likes having the CC/personal info stolen at the incompetence of a company.

No online gaming/no set date for it to return/stolen personal information. Sign me up. Sony MUST be gaining tons of new users right now.

Dork.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Thanks guys:D for taking care and looking out. Funny, I post in this thread and it happens. Now I just have to see if I can squeeze a trip out to BB. O.K. let's see if it can happen twice, how about a $20 price for GoW3?[/QUOTE]
You mean Gears Of War 3 or God Of War 3? I ask because if you don't mind used and still have a Blockbuster in your area, then God Of War 3 is either $10 or $15 used there. Moreover, there's a B1G1 coming up in a couple of weeks there.;)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']You mean Gears Of War 3 or God Of War 3? I ask because if you don't mind used and still have a Blockbuster in your area, then God Of War 3 is either $10 or $15 used there. Moreover, there's a B1G1 coming up in a couple of weeks there.;)[/QUOTE]

That acronym always confuses me as well between the forums. In this case, God of War 3. I wish I still had a BB in my area. They all closed back many years ago during the first store closings.

you know the psn server hack is serious when one of your friends doesnt even know about video games....or is aware of psn is until this happens.

bread's done
Back