PSN has returned. What freebie games are you getting?

[quote name='jaydepps']Updated, but where do we go to change our password?[/QUOTE]

The update if for when psn is restored that it makes u change your password.

[quote name='KingBroly']Odds on the first state(s) to be restored?

My guess: New York will be #1[/QUOTE]

I can confirm that I (from New York) haven't gotten PSN yet. Could be a DNS issue though. Updated to 3.61 though so I'm ready :)

[quote name='KingBroly']Odds on the first state(s) to be restored?

My guess: New York will be #1[/QUOTE]
Florida! they will go from bottom to top and left to right. lol

PLACE YOUR BETS. NOW!

Its great to see PSN is coming back up now, hopefully the PlayStation Store comes up this week also. Can't wait to register Portal 2 with my Steam account.

That makes sense. The wording on the blog made it seem like we had to update and change our password prior to service return.

"In the meantime, now’s a great time to get your PS3’s firmware updated and change your password, both of which are required to get online."

As for 1st state I agree with KingBroly. Probably gonna be New York.

My guess will be where their studios are, so California first. North Carolina does have an Insomiac studio though. :D

[quote name='jaydepps']
As for 1st state I agree with KingBroly. Probably gonna be New York.[/QUOTE]

CA, isnt that where the servers are located? I see no reason why New York would be first.
My guess would be CA, or some small state, just to test it out.

The phased restoration is a pretty good idea. I'm most interested in seeing what free stuff/PS+ stuff will come out, this way I can be ready when the whole PSN (including the store) is back online.

[quote name='lokizz']now we can replace staring at their site with staring at that map lol. glad things are finally looking up though.[/QUOTE]
This.

[quote name='edson13']CA, isnt that where the servers are located? I see no reason why New York would be first.
My guess would be CA, or some small state, just to test it out.[/QUOTE]

Servers are located in... (To my knowledge)
CA
NY
WA
- Any location where Sony first party games are developed

I say NY because Rockstar has a game coming out this on Tuesday and it'd be a good idea for those devs to make sure they're stuff is working first.

Is it just me, or does the map have no lit-up states? Haha, well, I guess it may take another week or so to get the whole country's servers up and running again.

[quote name='Seifer']True story: My friend recieved a $50 PSN card from a family member the day PSN went down, it's pretty sucky that he has the card sitting in his room, waiting for the day PSN comes back on..[/QUOTE]

I bought $120 in PSN cards from K-Mart and got $60 in Gaming Coupons and $15 in rewards points. My cards are still sitting on my PS3 unused. :cry:

[quote name='KingBroly']Servers are located in... (To my knowledge)
CA
NY
WA
- Any location where Sony first party games are developed [/QUOTE]
Lies. The only things developed here in Washington are floods and llama wool.

[quote name='Oaxan']Lies. The only things developed here in Washington are floods and llama wool.[/QUOTE]

I should have said "AND" any location.

Here's what the Japanese site says in terms of what will and won't be up in the first stage (google's englinese leaves something to be desired but I'll do my best):http://translate.google.com/transla...n3k&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&prmd=ivnsu

First stage available:
* "PlayStation Network" to sign in
* Use of online games
* Account Management
* Watching video content (only in time of viewing content)
* Ad-hoc Party for "PlayStation Portable"
* Home
* Update trophy list
* Friends list
* Text Chat

This will not be available:

PlayStation Store
Buying DLC directly in games.
Redeeming codes
"PlayStation Network" in the title may cause some problems to use the feature (not sure what the translation really is saying here, maybe to expect some hiccups)

The site goes on to say that everything is expected to be restored by the end of May.

Europe has a link, not active yet, to what they will be offering in the Welcome Back package: http://eu.playstation.com/welcomeback

[quote name='Viva Las Vegas']Way late to this party. Is Netflix not working? I was using another device for Netflix until tonight my PS3 is my only option.[/QUOTE]

Netflix has always been working, even with PSN down its been working.

[quote name='KingBroly']You can try to cancel PSN sign in a few times and Netflix will still work.[/QUOTE]

Or you can try to sign in once, it will say the PSN is down (for now) and then will load up Netflix as usual :)

[quote name='mtxbass1']Downloading 3.61 now...

No prompt for a password change after installing it. Wtf?[/QUOTE]

That'll probably happen when PSN is up in your area.

[quote name='Viva Las Vegas']Way late to this party. Is Netflix not working? I was using another device for Netflix until tonight my PS3 is my only option.[/QUOTE]

i've been using netflix on my ps3 the whole time the psn was down, and i had no problems

bread's done
Back