PSN has returned. What freebie games are you getting?

[quote name='Brother Daz']I posted this in the other PSN thread but havent received a reply yet so I'm going to ask here also:

"Maybe someone can help me out here. I have a american account (which I've already downloaded my 2 games with) but I also have a EU account that I've used with my PSP. I'm trying to log into that account on my PS3 and I keep getting a message telling me I cannot access a different account on my console. What am I doing wrong here?"[/QUOTE]
Try going all the way over to the left and switching profiles. Worked for me.

Is anyone else having problems installing inFamous?? I fully download it, no problem. However, when I go to install it it gives me an error saying data is corrupted. I deleted my original game data from the disc install.

help me please!

[quote name='jaredstorm']Is anyone else having problems installing inFamous?? I fully download it, no problem. However, when I go to install it it gives me an error saying data is corrupted. I deleted my original game data from the disc install.

help me please![/QUOTE]
Mine installed fine and loaded up with my original save

[quote name='cereal_killerxx']Try going all the way over to the left and switching profiles. Worked for me.[/QUOTE]I'll give that a try, thanks

Automatic downloads for PS Plus don't work for full game or movie downloads do they?

[quote name='Blackout']Automatic downloads for PS Plus don't work for full game or movie downloads do they?[/QUOTE]
Works for all games. I don't know of any movies that have updates.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Works for all games. I don't know of any movies that have updates.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I meant like does the automatic DL download full games (like the Dead Nation we all just got), or it only for game patches, firmware, etc?

I'm downloading several big files and didn't want to keep my PS3 on for hours on end, so i was just wondering if they would still be downloaded if I had my PS3 off.

[quote name='Blackout']Sorry, I meant like does the automatic DL download full games (like the Dead Nation we all just got), or it only for game patches, firmware, etc?

I'm downloading several big files and didn't want to keep my PS3 on for hours on end, so i was just wondering if they would still be downloaded if I had my PS3 off.[/QUOTE]
It only downloads updates, firmware, and PS+ stuff that Sony wants to push out for download, which they announce ahead of time. You also need to have played the games recently to be able to get updates downloaded automatically.

It's not standby downloading, but you can set the system to turn off once it's done downloading and installing whatever you're currently downlonging.

Oh OK. I guess I'll just have to leave my PS3 on then to finish all these downloads.

Don't choose Modnation(PSP) because it sucks. Get any combination of Pursuit Force, Killzone or Littlebigplanet(PSP). Recommend Pursuit Force and Killzone over LBP(PSP).

If my son played infamous before from a disc and then we download the game will the PS3 recognize that he played before and have his same save file. Sorry if this was asked already.

[quote name='theeipi']If I download lbp and sell my goty disc, will I lose the extra content? What about my game save?[/QUOTE]

I did this and it doesn't show any of my Goty items any longer in Lbp so you lose them. However in Lbp2 it still did show them, although I selected not to update my lbp profile when it prompted at the beginning.

[quote name='mickeyp']If my son played infamous before from a disc and then we download the game will the PS3 recognize that he played before and have his same save file. Sorry if this was asked already.[/QUOTE]
Yes.
[quote name='theeipi']If I download lbp and sell my goty disc, will I lose the extra content? What about my game save?[/QUOTE]
Yes. No.

Got my 4 games, still waiting on Little Big Planet to download, but why have I never tried Wipeout before. That seriously might be the best arcade racer I might have ever played.

I got wipeout and dead nation, please don't tell me I could have finangled a Ratchet and Clank if i didn't already have a euro account.
So far I'm happy with both though

Omg, I rented infamous when it came out and got all but a few trophies one being the blast shards. I left the game needing 11 shards. Today I played for a few hours and now only need 3 but I seriously hate these things but I want to get them after all the time invested.

I don't want to re-start using a map at this point either, the ones I am finding are all just randomly hanging out on buildings nothing really hidden. I think when I played I focused on all the hard to get to areas and found them now it's just random ones left which I think is worse because I have no area to focus on. Yes, I got the one on the highest building.

Dam free game, I thought I was past blast shards :drool: .

[quote name='redline']LOL what? Two old movies and a crummy CGI movie are impressive choices? I guess I was hoping to have at least a few more to pick from, and maybe something from this century.[/QUOTE]

Crummy is a little inappropriate for FF, the story maybe meh, but when it came out it was if I recall, one of the best CGI movies to date that wasnt a fuckin pixar toy story movie.

im just curious. is there a way on the PS3 to view my hard drive content like the 360? a while ago i only downloaded like half of my uncharted 2 GOTY stuff from my download queue and when i go there it just shows everything. should i just re download it all anyways.

For those of you who have InFamous on disc and are passing on the PSN download because of that think again. With the current 50% trade-in bonus promo at Gamestop you can get $15 (or $16 with PowerUp Rewards) for it there! I plan on turning that $16 in to a 3DS eshop card when they put them out next week (they said they had them in the back already).

So, thanks, Sony, for getting me free 3DS stuff ;).

The trade-in price could drop at any time, so get it done ASAP (today if you still can - got about an hour here on the West Coast still). It may hold tomorrow but I wouldn't count on it lasting much longer than that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone had this problem with the free games? In order to get 2 free games for ps3, you must first get the free ps3 game 1. I did that back when the store was getting many errors, but now game 1 disappeared and I didn't even get to choose a game! I got game 2 working since I chose wipeout... but game 1 disappeared... and same with the psp game 1. Do I have to call customer support now?

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8538015&postcount=1006

Can anybody here with a PS+ account check this out and let me know if you get the same thing?[/QUOTE]

I dunno - I got it as the first free game with PS+ when I signed up when the program first started. I was still tempted to get that as my second PS3 game, though, because the welcome back one has the DLC which was not included with the free PS+ version.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8538015&postcount=1006

Can anybody here with a PS+ account check this out and let me know if you get the same thing?[/QUOTE]

Well I only have PS+ because of the Welcome Back so not sure if I'm any help but no none of them show up as free for me. Wipeout HD is the only one of those which shows in the 3D list and even though I also own it it does not show as free.

I also checked the other games in the non-3D sections and not free there either.

[quote name='io']I dunno - I got it as the first free game with PS+ when I signed up when the program first started. I was still tempted to get that as my second PS3 game, though, because the welcome back one has the DLC which was not included with the free PS+ version.[/QUOTE]
I'm talking about whether it shows up as a free PS+ game for you. It doesn't if you've downloaded it before since if it shows up like that, then it, and the other games I've found, are free for all PS+ members despite not being announced as being made available for them.

Edit: Thanks, narc.

First off let me say I cant believe it was so easy to screw me over, one little button press.......

The first "welcome back" game i received was infamous, everything went through perfectly. After it was done downloading ect I went to get my second game. I went into the welcome back program, i "bought" the "get game 2" square, that immediately took me to the list of games to choose, I then had second thoughts as to WHICH game i was going to get and had the bright idea of downloading a couple of demo's, playing them real quick, then making my choice, so instead of choosing that second game after "buying" the "get game 2" option I pressed back (the circle button) on the controller to get out of the welcome back program. I then downloaded both demo's and made my choice, went back in to get the game (super stardust) and the option to get game 2 was no longer there. It was as if i already made my choice, but first off i know i did not download a second game, but just to be sure i checked the download history, and i only got the one game. Now i have no way of choosing free game 2. I even went as far as finding super stardust via the regular way and they kept trying to charge me 9.99. So my question is.....Did hitting one little circle button screw me out of my second game? Is there anyway to get it back? Thanks Guys.

[quote name='mrmagoo1974']First off let me say I cant believe it was so easy to screw me over, one little button press.......

The first "welcome back" game i received was infamous, everything went through perfectly. After it was done downloading ect I went to get my second game. I went into the welcome back program, i "bought" the "get game 2" square, that immediately took me to the list of games to choose, I then had second thoughts as to WHICH game i was going to get and had the bright idea of downloading a couple of demo's, playing them real quick, then making my choice, so instead of choosing that second game after "buying" the "get game 2" option I pressed back (the circle button) on the controller to get out of the welcome back program. I then downloaded both demo's and made my choice, went back in to get the game (super stardust) and the option to get game 2 was no longer there. It was as if i already made my choice, but first off i know i did not download a second game, but just to be sure i checked the download history, and i only got the one game. Now i have no way of choosing free game 2. I even went as far as finding super stardust via the regular way and they kept trying to charge me 9.99. So my question is.....Did hitting one little circle button screw me out of my second game? Is there anyway to get it back? Thanks Guys.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='orbit18']Has anyone had this problem with the free games? In order to get 2 free games for ps3, you must first get the free ps3 game 1. I did that back when the store was getting many errors, but now game 1 disappeared and I didn't even get to choose a game! I got game 2 working since I chose wipeout... but game 1 disappeared... and same with the psp game 1. Do I have to call customer support now?[/QUOTE]
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=287798

Read the first few sentences to solve your problems.

[quote name='CrippledChrist']finally got to start DL, says 300 minutes for infamous.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it took me forever too, my ps3 was on a LONG time today....a seven gig file is a seven gig file :)

Why are people getting so crazy about downloading the games right away? The deal is in effect for another month, its not hard to just wait a few days even, play some other games, and download them without hassle at a later date. Patience is a virtue.

[quote name='hustletron']Crummy is a little inappropriate for FF, the story maybe meh, but when it came out it was if I recall, one of the best CGI movies to date that wasnt a fuckin pixar toy story movie.[/QUOTE]

I watch movies for an enjoyable story not to see a very dated tech demo of CGI(and horrible high profile voice acting).

I loved the free ghostbusters that was a nice surprise for me, the other 2 are just ok. I don't expect them to please everyone though so I was fully happy with the 3 selections.

Got Wipeout, which I was close to buying several times. Still debating between Dead Nation and Super Stardust, but I think the GF wants me to get Dead Nation.

[quote name='CrippledChrist']finally got to start DL, says 300 minutes for infamous.[/QUOTE]
I must have a very slow net connection. in 1 hour I was able to dl 10% of it, so 9 more hours to go. :cry:

Does your PlayStation Plus Trial start as soon as you access the store, or does it make you activate it? I'd like to download the InFamous 2 demo, but don't want to activate my PS+ trial yet.

I'm planning on getting Wipeout HD + Fury and Super Stardust since I own Infamous and Dead Nation which I bought a couple weeks before the crap hit the fan. Also not sure but I think PS+ trial starts as soon as you activate it at the PSN store.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I'm talking about whether it shows up as a free PS+ game for you. It doesn't if you've downloaded it before since if it shows up like that, then it, and the other games I've found, are free for all PS+ members despite not being announced as being made available for them.
.[/QUOTE]

And I was just trying to tell you that a majority of PS+ people have probably been on since the beginning and would have gotten Wipout already.

All the other games you mentioned in that other post were previous free PS+ games as well. They shouldn't be free any more but they were all available at some point so maybe it is just weird like that with games you have already bought.

[quote name='The Ebbtide']Does your PlayStation Plus Trial start as soon as you access the store, or does it make you activate it? I'd like to download the InFamous 2 demo, but don't want to activate my PS+ trial yet.[/QUOTE]

Infamous 2 Demo isn't PS+ exclusive.

picked up Wipeout HD for now, debating what to pick up for the 2nd PS3 game.

Also playing some classic Sonic 2 free with the 30 days of plus.

[quote name='KingBroly']Infamous 2 Demo isn't PS+ exclusive.[/QUOTE]
I'm not asking that. I'm asking if I try to download the demo will it automatically activate my PlayStation Plus Trial when I go to the PSN store?

[quote name='The Ebbtide']I'm not asking that. I'm asking if I try to download the demo will it automatically activate my PlayStation Plus Trial when I go to the PSN store?[/QUOTE]

No it makes you "purchase" your free trial thru the welcome back menu, so no worries. Log into the store and get Infamous 2.

[quote name='The Ebbtide']I'm not asking that. I'm asking if I try to download the demo will it automatically activate my PlayStation Plus Trial when I go to the PSN store?[/QUOTE]
No.
You have to redeem the free 30 days of PSN+ in the Welcome Back section, otherwise you won't get it at all.

I guess I'm leaving my PS3 on all night so it can download the two free PS3 games.:roll: Oh well. Hopefully it shouldn't take too long since I won't be at the pc drawing away bandwidth by surfing the internet.

Store access is MUCH better today than yesterday. I haven't had any errors in trying to get the PSP games (and I started much earlier in the evening so it wasn't late night like now ;)).

bread's done
Back