PSN Network Error

I guess for those of us that didn't have the snowpocalypse of snowfall over the last few weeks, we're all stuck with the PSNocalypse if we have older PS3s.

I find it funny how Hitler was shocked that the PSN was down, yet he had already read that the problem is being worked on from their twitter. :lol:

hmm. got booted from MW2 spec. ops but I can play my wolfenstein demo I did an entire skirmish on valkyria chronicles. better than nothing i guess. still gonna go ps2 till they get the matter settled.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2010/03/01/psn-error-update/

As you may be aware, some customers have been unable to connect to the PlayStation Network today. This problem affects the models other than the new slim PS3.

We believe we have identified that this problem is being caused by a bug in the clock functionality incorporated in the system.

Errors include:
The date of the PS3 system may be re-set to Jan 1, 2000.

When the user tries to sign-in to the PlayStation Network, the following message appears on the screen; “An error has occurred. You have been signed out of PlayStation Network (8001050F)”.

When the user tries to launch a game, the following error message appears on the screen and the trophy data may disappear; “Failed to install trophies. Please exit your game.”

When the user tries to set the time and date of the system via the Internet, the following message appears on the screen; “The current date and time could not be obtained. (8001050F)”

Users are not able to playback certain rental video downloaded from the PlayStation Store before the expiration date.

We hope to resolve this problem within the next 24 hours. In the meantime, if you have a model other than the new slim PS3, we advise that you do not use your PS3 system, as doing so may result in errors in some functionality, such as recording obtained trophies, and not being able to restore certain data.

As mentioned above, Please be advised that the new slim PS3 is not affected with this error. We are doing our best to resolve the issue and do apologise for any inconvenience caused.

[quote name='Saint Noir']
We believe we have identified that this problem is being caused by a bug in the clock functionality incorporated in the system.

Errors include:
The date of the PS3 system may be re-set to Jan 1, 2000.[/QUOTE]
Y2K10 BUG?!

*starts stocking up on shotguns and canned goods*

[quote name='Diad']Y2K10 BUG?!

*starts stocking up on shotguns and canned goods*[/QUOTE]

This was all part of 2k Sports Evil Plan 2k10.

[quote name='Saint Noir']http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2010/03/01/psn-error-update/
we advise that you do not use your PS3 system, as doing so may result in errors in some functionality, such as recording obtained trophies, and not being able to restore certain data.
[/QUOTE]

9092206a10323811342l.jpg

[quote name='Saint Noir']http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2010/03/01/psn-error-update/We hope to resolve this problem within the next 24 hours.[/QUOTE]
Beat me to it. Also, to translate: "We hope to god this resolves itself by 3/2."

M$ already had this calendar failure with specific Zunes at the beginning of this year, which should have been warning enough for Sony to look over all their products. They really dropped the ball here and I'm just glad I was lucky enough to not use my PS3 all weekend in case of permanent corruption.

Worst possible timing for them as well, since all eyes are on them with these exclusive releases.

[quote name='Jodou']Beat me to it. Also, to translate: "We hope to god this resolves itself by 3/2."

M$ already had this calendar failure with specific Zunes at the beginning of this year, which should have been warning enough for Sony to look over all their products. They really dropped the ball here and I'm just glad I was lucky enough to not use my PS3 all weekend in case of permanent corruption.

Worst possible timing for them as well, since all eyes are on them with these exclusive releases.[/QUOTE]

Just wondering, but did the Zune fix itself the next day or did they release an update?

PSN down????
Nothing to do tonight????

here's a free one night rental redbox code: RBXLUV4U (expires 11:59 pm central time, you do the math)

[quote name='TheRock88']Just wondering, but did the Zune fix itself the next day or did they release an update?[/QUOTE]

It was the beginning of '09, not this year, and yes, they fixed themselves the next day. I was one of the ones affected. I thought my Zune was bricked, but it auto-fixed itself the next day.

[quote name='TheRock88']Just wondering, but did the Zune fix itself the next day or did they release an update?[/QUOTE]
They told everyone to allow their batteries to drain completely (possible misdirection) and not to power them up until a specified time on 1/1. In their case, I believe it just corrected itself.

[quote name='Gomer08']I hope they get this fixed because Battlefield 2 comes out tomorrow and I already preordered it.[/QUOTE]
I love being a PC gamer foremost. :)
[quote name='Dasflikko']So glad I spent $500 on my PS3. This issue is hilarious.[/QUOTE]PS3.

IT
ONLY
DOES
EVERYTHING.
(Except on non-leap years)

I'm supposed to be getting my 40GB from eBay today. Sucks because I was thinking about getting a slim but that's turning into a hunt in itself. I've waited since Thursday to play Heavy Rain as it is, I guess it wont hurt to wait another day. I was really looking forward to it though since I just beat ME2 yesterday. *sigh*

[quote name='Gomer08']I hope they get this fixed because Battlefield 2 comes out tomorrow and I already preordered it.[/QUOTE]

So does The Show '10.

That's what it sounds like. So after 8 PST time tonight. The PS3 is going to magically work again? I hope it fixes data that says it was corrupt. =/ Also my time on the PS3 stopped completely. Hopefully it really is fixed within the 24 hours like it says it will be.

just posted on ign.com

Sony just released the following statement:

"As you may be aware, some customers have been unable to connect to the PlayStation Network today. This problem affects the models other than the new slim PS3.

Errors include:
* The date of the PS3 system may be re-set to Jan 1, 2000.
* When the user tries to sign-in to the PlayStation Network, the following message appears on the screen; "An error has occurred. You have been signed out of PlayStation Network (8001050F)".
* When the user tries to launch a game, the following error message appears on the screen and the trophy data may disappear; "Failed to install trophies. Please exit your game."
* When the user tries to set the time and date of the system via the Internet, the following message appears on the screen; "The current date and time could not be obtained. (8001050F)"
* Users are not able to playback certain rental video downloaded from the PlayStation Store before the expiration date.

We hope to resolve this problem within the next 24 hours. In the meantime, if you have a model other than the new slim PS3, we advise that you do not use your PS3 system, as doing so may result in errors in some functionality, such as recording obtained trophies, and not being able to restore certain data.

As mentioned above, Please be advised that the new slim PS3 is not affected with this error. We are doing our best to resolve the issue and do apologise for any inconvenience caused."

[quote name='tsl141']So does The Show '10.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's the game I'm buying tomorrow. Hopefully "in the next 24 hours" I'll be able to play baseball or Heavy Rain on my PS3.

[quote name='ninja dog']--how can you blow it out of proportion when your game console that you may have spent anywhere from $299 to $599 on suddenly locks you out?
--People were super pissed about the XBL outage.
--The XBL outage didn't prevent you from playing offline games (except Gears of War on Windows...but I think I'm the only person in the world that actually bought that tripe)[/QUOTE]

How can you blow it out of proportion? This is one of many things wrong with society. A gaming console is a want, not a need. It is down, deal with it. While I empathize, life does not depend upon it.

Now, tell me that your PS3 or the PSN controls your water supply and everyone can freak out. Until then all you can do is wait....

[quote name='lustyhitter']Yeah, that's the game I'm buying tomorrow. Hopefully "in the next 24 hours" I'll be able to play baseball or Heavy Rain on my PS3.[/QUOTE]

You and me both.

as long as they fix this in a timely manner i won't mind. I still hate microsoft more for the issues some consoles had when the NXE installed. On some of the HDMI models, the NXE update caused the consoles to display video a fuzzy bright color, and there was no sound. Microsoft didn't make a patch for this for 6 fucking weeks, and I know many friends who had the problem, sent their boxes into microsoft, only to get it back "fixed" but it still hadthe same problems until the patch was implemented. This is probably a little worse, as i can't play games at all, but having to plaY games in silence with fuzzy bright screen was just as bad if you ask me.

and i doubt it will take sony more then a week to fix this, unlike fucking microsoft screwing me over for 6 weeks waiting for that damn patch.

No, it's going to fix itself today. Sony's just waiting for the problem to go away, which will start happening around 12:00 GMT tonight. You might see them fix it in the next PS3 update.

fuckThis is comical, but I'm not laughing. This kind of thing reminds me of why I'm still looking for a job. Companies still think that it's okay to cut the Testing department when expenses need to be cut back. Guess what? No, it's not.
fuck you Sony!

If the Zune did it, why can't the PS3? Especially since it uses the same internal clock technology.

^^^
Some 80gb PS3's (non-BC ones) and all 160gb PS3's should be fine.

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']I don't get it? My fat 80gb works fine, sucks for you guys?[/QUOTE]

Same with my one upstairs probably going to just make a restore point for all of my stuff then put it on my PS3 upstairs or just play some Yakuza 2 and finish up FFXIII

[quote name='Gomer08']I hope they get this fixed because Battlefield 2 comes out tomorrow and I already preordered it.[/QUOTE]You chose....poorly.

[quote name='KingBroly']If the Zune did it, why can't the PS3? Especially since it uses the same internal clock technology.

^^^
Some 80gb PS3's (non-BC ones) and all 160gb PS3's should be fine.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, so some non-BC PS3's are working? Hell, this time then, I'll be the guinea pig!

I'm not touching my PS3 until it's confirmed working for everyone. I won't risk losing any saves (don't care about trophies) just to see.

My 80gig non BC console is having this issue and i'm getting a little uneasy about not being able to play The Show when I pick it up at midnight.

I don't think anything bad can happen just from turning it on... I think it is more if it tries to pop trophies or tries to save. But yeah... I wouldn't risk it. I did turn mine on last night and saw the wrong date, so I just shut it down.

I had problems around noon yesterday, kept getting kicked from MAG and signed out as well. Did not play again till midnight and everything seems fine. Just be patient, I doubt this will be as bad as Christmas of 07 with the xbox.

bread's done
Back