PSN Store Cards Confirmed w/pic

[quote name='TURBO']gift cards still work. but the PSN cards are better if youre a CAG because Visa gift cards usually come w/ a $4 fee on top of whatever you put on the card.[/QUOTE]Well, with PSN Cards, you get charged tax, and if your state taxes online purchases, you may also get taxed on the card when buying PS Store content (so that's like double tax).

Everyone, my article is on digg. :D
http://digg.com/playstation/PlayStation_Network_Cards_At_Meijer

More links:
http://skypz.com/psp/index.php/2008/06/14/playstation-network-cards-released-at-meijer/
http://www.slashtoys.com/?p=14960
http://www.360plex.com/news/view/299441/
http://eblook.exofire.net/?p=1759
http://talkplaystation.com/playstation-network-cards-available/
http://www.playstationlover.com/uncategorized/playstation-network-cards-released-at-meijer.html
http://www.pspdemocenter.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=13491&n=last (forum)

No tax for me, i am tax free :)

& what do you mean, after you deposit the PSN card into the system they deduct taxes from purchases you make on PSN?

So say you put a $20 card on PSN, if you buy something that's $9.99; they will charge you more than $9.99 for it?

If so that is SERIOUSLY messed up. Nothing of the kind happens w/ MS Points.

[quote name='TURBO']No tax for me, i am tax free :)

& what do you mean, after you deposit the PSN card into the system they deduct taxes from purchases you make on PSN?

So say you put a $20 card on PSN, if you buy something that's $9.99; they will charge you more than $9.99 for it?

If so that is SERIOUSLY messed up. Nothing of the kind happens w/ MS Points.[/QUOTE]Because PSN uses actual currency, and it works like a real online store. There are some states (which try to make money) have a law where if you buy from any online retailer (including Amazon) you get taxed. Not too many states are this way, but it's true. When they buy content from PSN, they will get taxed, because the PS Store is basically an online store, due to using USD currency (If SCEA doesn't tax, they'll be in big trouble). Part of the reason of points is that since it isn't currency, tax can be avoided. I do not get taxed on PSN, but I know some who have (I've seen a screenshot of it).

Not a bad idea. IMO, the tax isn't that big of a deal, since the stuff you buy off of PSN is cheap. Buying a $30 or above purchase, then I can see it being significant.

Some may wonder why doesn't Sony change currency to points? Well, in most countries, the tax is already figured into pricing (especially around Europe I believe). The U.S. is one of the few countries that applies tax based on where you are/live.

More links:
http://www.ps3blog.de/?p=3970

well I have an apt in NYC & summer house in oregon. So guess ill just use the or address for PSN since no sales tax in OR; & NY has what you describe, an 8.75% sales tax on online purchases. i thought it was only for items shipped to an address there though. & digital purchases arent really shipped; didnt consider a digital transmission could be considered such.

I wish sony would make their own version of points; the current system makes it harder for a CAG to be C. Tax on top of tax + credit fees artificially raising the price of games & DLC.

see:
http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20070128-8718.html
http://www.bargaineering.com/articles/my-microsoft-points-buying-strategy.html

[quote name='TURBO']well I have an apt in NYC & summer house in oregon. So guess ill just use the or address for PSN since no sales tax in OR; & NY has what you describe, an 8.75% sales tax on online purchases. i thought it was only for items shipped to an address there though. & digital purchases arent really shipped; didnt consider a digital transmission could be considered such.

I wish sony would make their own version of points; the current system makes it harder for a CAG to be C. Tax on top of tax + credit fees artificially raising the price of games & DLC.

see:
http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20070128-8718.html
http://www.bargaineering.com/articles/my-microsoft-points-buying-strategy.html[/QUOTE]Well, the problem is, if you use a CC on PSN one time, the address on the CC MUST match you address on the credit card issued by the bank, unless it will not work (and it's case sensitive too).

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I just want these coupons to be in wide store chains already... that way we can apply coupons to them finally.[/QUOTE]Like I said before, coupons and discounts usually do not work on giftcards, but there's a chance a free PSN Card may be given with stuff. They are definitely not like XBL or Wii points (where you just scan a package, with PSN, they don't get activated until the actual money is on them, then it can be swiped to put $$$ on it).

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Like I said before, coupons and discounts usually do not work on giftcards, but there's a chance a free PSN Card may be given with stuff. They are definitely not like XBL or Wii points (where you just scan a package, with PSN, they don't get activated until the actual money is on them, then it can be swiped to put $$$ on it).[/QUOTE]

well, seeing as the Target 360 $10 coupon worked on MS Point cards, at least there's a chance. I'm hopefully being optimistic >_

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Well, the problem is, if you use a CC on PSN one time, the address on the CC MUST match you address on the credit card issued by the bank, unless it will not work (and it's case sensitive too).[/QUOTE]
I've never entered my CC into PSN & I never intend to. That's why I'm waiting on the PSN card. ;)

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']well, seeing as the Target 360 $10 coupon worked on MS Point cards, at least there's a chance. I'm hopefully being optimistic >_

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Entering it on PSN is actually not that bad. If you are one of those people who are paranoid over it, just remove it after you are done. Sony makes it very easy to remove CC info on PSN after you buy stuff. And so far, there was only one problem, but that was in Europe. It's not like Sony will mess up your PSN membership with CC problems (MS will).
[/QUOTE]
Sorry I just don't trust them to get rid of the info. w/ LIVE i used a $50 disposable CC to set up the account. But that $4 fee associated w/ filling a disposable card was just a 1 time thing. & i just refresh it w/ LIVE 12+1 cards from B&M stores. But the lack of a points system on PSN means that I'd have to keep refilling a disposable CC which adds up over time. why i want PSN cards to go national sooner rather than later. Especially w/ WipEouT HD coming in a month.

[quote name='TURBO']Sorry I just don't trust them to get rid of the info. w/ LIVE i used a $50 disposable CC to set up the account. But that $4 fee associated w/ filling a disposable card was just a 1 time thing. & i just refresh it w/ LIVE 12+1 cards from B&M stores. But the lack of a points system on PSN means that I'd have to keep refilling a disposable CC which adds up over time. why i want PSN cards to go national sooner rather than later. Especially w/ WipEouT HD coming in a month.[/QUOTE]Sony and MS are very different when it comes to CC info. No one can access your CC info unless they can get your direct password. Even when PSN had that one problem in Europe, no CC info was accessed only a wallet that MIGHT have had money. I mean, the CC thing on PSN is so secure, even those who had to switch their CC had a difficult time getting into it (because they forgot their password). It's really only unsafe if you are gamesharing with someone.

I can understand not trusting with XBL w/ a CC, but I'm being VERY serious PSN is more secure, and when you remove the CC info, it's gone for good. It's only used for when you buy stuff. I'd just recommend you get a large disposbal card if you are so worried (by putting a lot in your wallet) and just get what you want all at once. What I can say is, it will still be quite a while until other retailers get PSN card (could be as late as Fall, since Sony still has to get Network issues straight, Meijer straight, and so on).

But, it's your loss. ;) I didn't want to wait for downloaded stuff anyway (I already spent over $200 in PSN Content w/ a CC), so whatever.

[quote name='doubledown']I was checking on EBAY and the $20 cards are going for $25-$40...what idiot pays more than $20 for a $20 gift card essentially?[/QUOTE]Someone from Europe who asked me if I could pick up some cards for him, told me that. Some people on ebay are cruel IMO. If I buy PSN Cards for anyone, the MAXIMUM I'd charge would be $23-$24 for a $20 card (since It's $21.40 after tax in my state, then add Paypal fees to the mix). No way would I try to rip people off.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Someone from Europe who asked me if I could pick up some cards for him, told me that. Some people on ebay are cruel IMO. If I buy PSN Cards for anyone, the MAXIMUM I'd charge would be $23-$24 for a $20 card (since It's $21.40 after tax in my state, then add Paypal fees to the mix). No way would I try to rip people off.[/QUOTE]

I do not believe you are ripping people off on EBAY though. People are just dumb. If someone wants to pay more than $20, they are dumb...

I don't understand why Sony doesn't have these things more widely available yet. And why not aren't they at least being sold at a nationwide chain like Gamestop or Best Buy?

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I don't understand why Sony doesn't have these things more widely available yet. And why not aren't they at least being sold at a nationwide chain like Gamestop or Best Buy?[/QUOTE]It's because SCEA wants to test them out on a small scale retailer first (one only in a few states) to assure they are working. The PSN Support and so on had absolutely no clue as to possible PSN Card problems, which they are figuring out. Like I pointed out before, if SCEA released the cards at a Best Buy, Wal-Mart, etc. and people had the same problems I did (where they weren't working right due to various things), it would have been chaos. Once they get everything situated at just Meijer, they'll most likely release them everywhere (or more smaller retailers across the country). But like I said, they should not be released at more retailers until everything is working fine (they are mostly fine, but still some issues). Also, if Meijer employees (not exactly smart people, well some) can activate them properly, they would know other retailers should be fine.

If I didn't know the employees at Meijer, I could have been scammed out of $20, because they PSN Cards cannot be returned, and it was activated before SCEA's system was setup for the cards.

I gave my reason to people via email in forums over the cards:
Anyway, I explained at every forum I posted at as to why PSN Cards are late, and there's kind of a good reason for it. The reasoning is (I'm going to try to keep this as simple as possible):
-MS, Nintendo, and Sony all designed their next gen consoles seperately. MS had plans for an XBL Marketpalce, Nintendo had plans to download old Nintendo games, but Sony didn't have plans for a downloadable store (other than the SingStar store, but that wasn't thought of until the game was in development and revealed at E3 06). This is kind of like how Sega, Sony, and Nintendo worked on their 32/64 bit consoles seperately, where Sega was planning on an ultimate 2D graphic console, Sony wanted to push 3D graphics with a CD format, while Nintendo wanted 3D graphics using a cartridge (companies don't exactly talk to one another during design phase).

-After seeing XBL Marketplace do well, and VC getting a lot of interests, Sony decides they should create a PS Store, but it wasn't thought of until shortly before PS3 launch. It's easy to know the PS Store was thought of at the last minute since it was web-based (looked rushed), way too few games coming early on and the ones that did were ports of PSP games, old Arcade games, and so on (Blast Factor was new, but developed in a short time). There were no third party demos and such since third parties were not setup to get their stuff on the store, due to putting it together at the last minute.

-MS and Nintendo, due to having their stores in mind at least 2-3 years ahead of Sony, there were able to setup a pre-paid card system back then and have it ready for launch. Sony just came up with the PS Store JUST before launch, and to create a pre-paid card system (with redeeming codes and so on) is NOT an overnight thing and SCEA had no such setup before. Creating a successfully pre-paid setup with redeeming cards take over a year to implement. SCEJ previously had a setup for some PSP service in 2005 or so. However, SCEJ, SCEA, SCEE do not work together on various things, where all regions have to come up with a pre-paid card setup, separately.

-Now that SCEA has it ready (never listen to a rep, they know no more than we do. Unless the person is actually issuing the cards to retailers, no one else would know), do you think they are going to test them at EVERY single major retailer early on? I don't think so. Why did MGO have a beta? To assure their servers could handle the people, which they couldn't, so they fixed it (there have been way too many games these days not properly tested, where people cannot play online or too many freezing issues). So SCEA basically decided to release a beta at a retailer in a few states (one that has people who aren't too technical, which is good, and Meijer does really good PS3 console sales due to their discounts at times). Since the cards needed to be activated at the register by swiping and so on, there may be an occassional employee that did not get the word to do that, causing a card to not be activated correctly, which is why it's important for SCEA to see if employees are using it right.

-So I heard Meijer got the PSN Card in, so I bought it (I was already buying PSN Content, but since I knew I'd be the first one to buy one, that's why I did). Did the first card I get work? Nope. I had to call PSN Support (they didn't even know PSN Cards were out really), and they told me my card must not have been activated right (In reality it was, but since I found out Meijer sold the cards too early, no cards were in SCEA system). I had to go back to Meijer, get another PSN Card (thankfully they let me get one, since Meijer told me most people, they would NOT allow them to return the card because it's easy to scam people out of them, but they KNOW who I was). The 2nd card did not work either, so I called PSN support, finally got up to someone towards the top of PSN, he investigated the problem, and we finally got it solved (the problem with my 2nd card is I had to remove cookies/cache on my PS3 and/or PC).

-Let's just say SCEA decided to release their cards at a larger scale retailer (like Best Buy, Target, etc.). Some retailers might have sold early, causing there to be several useless cards because SCEA's setup wasn't ready to activate cards before a street date. Stores won't let you return the cards (there is no way to return them since they are like giftcards/pre-paid phone cards), and SCEA won't do anything because stores sold before they were suppose to, so there could have been several people out of $20 and $50. Some might have had issues where their retailer did not activate the card correctly. Or even, let's say people got a new card, or tried another later on, and got an invalid card entry like I did. PSN Support would be flooded with calls. Instead of Brian (who I talked to, very nice guy too) dealing with just a few people, he'd have to deal with hundreds of people. Thankfully I got my cards working, but there seems to be a problem right now if the cache/cookies aren't cleared (saves previous information). It's good SCEA is finding this problem out now, so they can do a server upgrade or so on to avoid this problem. Or even, let's say if the PIN numbers were messed up on the cards, it would have been easier to recall them at a retailer in 5 states, compared to a retailer in 50 states and Canada. If people had to deal with what I did, there would be complete chaos all over the net, and thankfully I'm one of the few who did (since I'm one of the most patient people). Also, SCEA can see what problems people have (many of the problems I had, they weren't even sure how to handle, since I was one of the first ones testing them, but now they know possible issues).

-Right now, I do not know when PSN Cards will have more retailers, but all I can say is, they won't hit other retailers for at least another month, for a good reason. Despite getting mine to finally work. I'm not really sure I'll buy another one and whether I'll buy one for someone else, because you have to hope the retailer activates it right (I now understand if it is, since the receipt says "A" next to the price), hope the card doesn't come up as invalid, and hope PSN doesn't have an error (errors happen all the time on PSN regardless). I want them to at least get everything solved first, so I can buy multiple cards without worrying, and hope they revise their instructions (The PSN Cards don't even have any phone number to call about problems, only a URL that shows an agreement) and other possible important troubleshooting (like clearing cache/cookies). At least they can now see, whether they need to revise the PSN Cards (like put more information on them and maybe what to do if you run into problems), PSN support will be more familar what to do (by being told of the possible problems people had and what to do), assure retailers understand activating right, and get any network issues associated with the cards resolved. That is why PSN Cards are not at more retailers right now. I know many are upset and want them now, but would you rather take the chance on them losing $20 or $50 now, or would you rather wait for SCEA to at least get them working right so no one loses money. And like I tell people, if they so badly want pre-paid cards, they don't have to support PS3 (they can support 360 or Wii, I could careless since I'm a supporter of all platforms).

I apologize for the long message and whether there might have been a typos, confusing grammar errors (I make them all the time, lol), but I just wanted to give you (along with what I told many others) a reason as to why there are no PSN Cards yet on a more national scale. I was afraid I was going to be scammed out of $20 (not as bad as $60 someone scammed me out of by telling me to ship games to him and never paying me back, and his feedback was much higher than mine), but thankfully Meijer knows my family and I.

Still doesn't seem like a valid reason to me. How long have they had these cards out in Japan? They know how they work by now. For the Japanese release of the cards, did they do a "beta" test?

Not to mention the 360 had a year headstart on the PS3. Sony had all that time to see that people were purchasing content off of Live.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Still doesn't seem like a valid reason to me. How long have they had these cards out in Japan? They know how they work by now. For the Japanese release of the cards, did they do a "beta" test?

Not to mention the 360 had a year headstart on the PS3. Sony had all that time to see that people were purchasing content off of Live.[/QUOTE]Read my entire story Rei. The difference between Japan and the U.S. is (they are both on different Pre-paid card setups) is SCEI previously setup a system to deal with some service for the PSP (back in 2005) while the U.S. never had any pre-paid card setup. I explained in my post that Sony did not plan on an online store, with downloadable content. It was never in their plans, like MS and Nintendo, until JUST before PS3 came out. MS and Nintendo KNEW they would have to make another payment setup (outside of CC), so they were able to have it ready by launch (by working on their store two or so years before launch). Setting up a pre-paid card setup with redeeming and so on is NOT an overnight process (takes over a year). If SCEA already had something similar on PS2, they wouldn't have to setup much, but they had nothing.

I gave you the explanation, MS planned the XBL Marketplace w/ Live. Sony did not even have plans for a downloadable store outside of SingStar when designing PS3. Due to the popularity of XBLA and people being interested in VC, they had to do it. That is why the original PS Store had a crappy design (It was put together over a month before launch). It is also why it took a while to get third party content on the store (MS planned their store long before launch and were able to work with third parties) and get games in general (PSN was initially ports of PSP games (either released or not) and old Arcade games to get content up their right away.

Overall, Sony never planned on a Store. SCEJ already setup a pre-paid system for something else (SCEA had nothing, and if anything, SCE in every country kind of competes with one another, unlike MS).

[quote name='zewone']God, you have excuses for any Sony complaint.[/QUOTE]:rofl:

It is true mostly, the story I put. It's like how Sega of Japan back in the day, they didn't feel 3D graphics were needed for the Sega Saturn. And then when they found out Sony's console was pushing 3D graphics (and how Nintendo was looking at doing it), they had to put in chips to make the Saturn do 3D graphics to keep up with the competition (although it was implemented poorly). I could say Sony and Sega of Japan are quite similar, on how they may be behind the competition on an idea, and had to quickly catch up (when they never planned on that certain idea).

Yes it sucks to see in reality, but would people rather have Sony to just leave out the PS Store and never did it.

Why can't you just say that what Sony is doing is stupid?

Why can't something that Sony did just suck? Why do you have to have a "reason" for everything? Calm down.

[quote name='zewone']Why can't you just say that what Sony is doing is stupid?

Why can't something that Sony did just suck? Why do you have to have a "reason" for everything? Calm down.[/quote]
Sorry TMK, your a good guy, but I'm 100% with Zew here.
What they're doing is really stupid.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Still doesn't seem like a valid reason to me. How long have they had these cards out in Japan? They know how they work by now. For the Japanese release of the cards, did they do a "beta" test?

Not to mention the 360 had a year headstart on the PS3. Sony had all that time to see that people were purchasing content off of Live.[/quote]

It's because Sony likes to royally fuck up everything they do and make their customers wait an eternity for things that should already be out.

[quote name='Azumangaman']Sorry TMK, your a good guy, but I'm 100% with Zew here.
What they're doing is really stupid.[/QUOTE]I have reasons for everything, but I was being honest. Sony did indeed mess up by not coming up with a store at the last minute, but do you seriously think Sony is going to knock on Microsoft's door asking them "Hey, what do you plan to do for your console so we can do the same thing"? I don't think so. MS, Sony, and Nintendo ALL make their consoles seperately and on their own plans. Some consoles may be inferior to another in ways due to not planning things. So, do you seriously think it's stupid because Sony never thought of the idea of a downloadable store? hey, it happens, not one company out there has all the good ideas.

And why didn't Sony just go ahead and create a downloadable service as soon as they heard of XBL Marketplace (like when it launched in 2005)? Going back to the early 90's, Nintendo was working with Sony on a CD attachment for the SNES, to compete with the Sega CD. But they didn't go too far in production because the Sega CD failed, so Nintendo saw no reason to do it. That's why Sony didn't really do any planning early on, because if XBL Marketplace was a flop (which it wasn't, turned out successful), do you think Sony would want to do the same thing too? I don't think so, but since it was a success, that's why they did it.

Seriously, I'd like to see you all get a pre-paid card setup, up and running, in two months. I'm being serious here, and have it running with no issues. It takes time, and it's why Sony had to plan for it. If you don't like it, then DON'T BUY PSN CONTENT. That's what I tell people. I'm thinking it may be a while for Canada to get them unfortunately, since SCEA has to set them up as Canadian dollar too.

Why isn't anyone listening to me? I'll admit this is a mistake on Sony's part, but everyone seems to act like Sony can make magic in no time, when in reality, no one can.
[quote name='Blackout542']It's because Sony likes to royally fuck up everything they do and make their customers wait an eternity for things that should already be out.[/QUOTE]

Uh no. If Sony didn't care about their customers, why did have they been adding features customers wanted in their firmware? Outside of the in-game XMB, the main things were wanted (which Sony could NOT implement because there was NOT enough memory reserved to implement a full XMB in-game, regardless. That is why every firmware update was released to gradually reduce the memory to get it down so more features can be implemented. Sony is NOT MS when it comes to software, and MS isn't Sony when it comes to hardware (just look at how long it took MS to get 65nm CPU in the 360 compared to Sony getting a 65nm Cell in the PS3).

If you are not happy with the PS3, sell the darn thing (I could always use more friends list space due to having a 75+ wait list right now).

I know none of you actually took time to READ my post that had MANY valid reasons. Until people do, don't complain. I have plenty of back-up.

And some may wonder, how I do know so much. There's no denying, I do have close contact with some people at SCEA.

And let me say this, if you all had the same experience as me where you had a PSN Card not work, I guarantee you would be very upset, if a retailer wouldn't take it back and SCEA says it's the retailers fault for selling too early and there's nothing they can do. JUST be glad they are testing these at a few retailers so it does NOT happen to you.

And I know some may not be happy that when getting a PSN Card, if you live in a state that charges tax for online purchases anywhere, you will get taxed twice.

not everything needs a reason and not everything has to have a question. The fact is we are where we are now and talking about all this won't really make a point... plus ham and peanut butter are good only on every third saturday of the year.

[quote name='The Mana Knight'].

Uh no. If Sony didn't care about their customers, why did have they been adding features customers wanted in their firmware? Outside of the in-game XMB, the main things were wanted (which Sony could NOT implement because there was NOT enough memory reserved to implement a full XMB in-game, regardless. That is why every firmware update was released to gradually reduce the memory to get it down so more features can be implemented. Sony is NOT MS when it comes to software, and MS isn't Sony when it comes to hardware (just look at how long it took MS to get 65nm CPU in the 360 compared to Sony getting a 65nm Cell in the PS3).

If you are not happy with the PS3, sell the darn thing (I could always use more friends list space due to having a 75+ wait list right now).

I know none of you actually took time to READ my post that had MANY valid reasons. Until people do, don't complain. I have plenty of back-up.

And some may wonder, how I do know so much. There's no denying, I do have close contact with some people at SCEA.

And let me say this, if you all had the same experience as me where you had a PSN Card not work, I guarantee you would be very upset, if a retailer wouldn't take it back and SCEA says it's the retailers fault for selling too early and there's nothing they can do. JUST be glad they are testing these at a few retailers so it does NOT happen to you.

And I know some may not be happy that when getting a PSN Card, if you live in a state that charges tax for online purchases anywhere, you will get taxed twice.[/quote]

I have a right to complain about the PS3. Just because I do doesn't mean I hate the damn thing with a passion and should sell it ASAP so I never again have to lay eyes on it. I know these are the PS3's "growing pains", but still. It seems like everything they say and everything they promise gets pushed back and back and back. At some point people are going to get upset. Now the future is in Sony's hands. They have some awesome games coming out in the near future and at least 2.4 is FINALLY coming. Still, it feels like an eternity that we've had to wait for things like in game XMB and now these cards.

I didn't feel like reading through this whole thread but when I was at Meijer in OH checking to see if they had Nights for $3 I saw a ton of PSN cards

[quote name='cereal_killerxx']haha TERRY! =P

edit: BTW, I just called 3 different stores and none of them have it. In fact, they didn't even know it came out. Sounds like a rumor to me...[/QUOTE]It's true, but ONLY Meijer carries them right now, like I've said over and over again (Wal-Mart, Gamestop, Best Buy, etc. do NOT have them in).

I did just buy a 2nd card today, and it worked without problems; however, I did clear the cache and cookies before I entered it. I do recommend anyone who buys one, to do the same thing.

There's someone trying to make a profit by selling them for $40 on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Playstation-3-P...233381763QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item130233381763

People who scalp should be shot IMO (I despise scalpers).
[quote name='sparklecopy']When's Rez HD coming out for PSN? that's all I want. and Radiant silvergun.[/QUOTE]Probably never. Radiant Silvergun especially will never come, since Treasure's shooter team is devoted to developing on 360, not PS3.

The cards work fine now i didn't have to clear any cache or clean any cookies i put in the code's and bam there was my money in my wallet on the ps3 and yeah i do hate that they tax but whatever at least we are getting them finally

I didn't clear my cache either and had no problems with my 2nd card, I agree the double tax in Illinois really sucks. Damn democrats supporting all their relatives on the tax payers.

[quote name='Gameguy82']The cards work fine now i didn't have to clear any cache or clean any cookies i put in the code's and bam there was my money in my wallet on the ps3 and yeah i do hate that they tax but whatever at least we are getting them finally[/quote]

Not yet, only Meijer has them right now. It is being rumored a few other retailers got them in, but cannot sell them yet (but soon). I'm going to bet EB/GS will be the last place to get them (I see them showing up at Wal-Mart and Target before it).

Once these hit Best Buy I will but more stuff on PSN. I want to use my reward zone mastercard and get double points lol.

As of now there are a few things I would like to buy on the PSN but can hold off. The only thing I will not hld off for is some sort of Warhawk expansion... that will be a day 1 buy for me no mater what.

Ugh.. Seems like it's taking forever for these to come out in the rest of the country..

In the meantime, what visa gift cards work on PSN? My buddy said he heard something that some gift cards from certain banks don't work and I want to be sure before I buy..

Thanks

[quote name='Sinistar']Ugh.. Seems like it's taking forever for these to come out in the rest of the country..

In the meantime, what visa gift cards work on PSN? My buddy said he heard something that some gift cards from certain banks don't work and I want to be sure before I buy..

Thanks[/QUOTE]I haven't tried any on PSN yet. But the one i used to set up my XBL account initially was from AAA & it worked fine. number on the back says (800) 571-1359 if you want to call and ask.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Or Sony can just get on the fucking ball already.[/QUOTE]They use to be $40 and $87, but since more decided to scalp them, prices have gone down.

I'll buy PSN Cards for some (ones in USD), but they'd have to pay me via Paypal (Oh course it would be over the amount, only because I'd have to factor Paypal fees (like ~$1 for $20 card and 7% sales tax).

I kind of wonder in ways if they'll be able to make them national. The PSN Cards only have a 12 digit/letter code (compared to 16 or 20 on Wii and 25 on 360).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='The Mana Knight']They use to be $40 and $87, but since more decided to scalp them, prices have gone down. [/QUOTE]
That's not the point though. The point is I shouldn't have to pay extra on Ebay for them at all. These should be available in other stores by now.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']That's not the point though. The point is I shouldn't have to pay extra on Ebay for them at all. These should be available in other stores by now.[/QUOTE]I understand what you are saying, I was just mentioning how they use to be more crazy expensive. However, most of the scalpers do this for people who live in Europe, who want to purchase U.S. Store content.

I thought I heard about some other retailers getting them in around E3, but haven't heard back. I checked meijer.com and they still don't carry them (It's B&M only).

Anyway, I found my article at even more sites now (or my picture I should say). :D
http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/686445/PSN_Cards_Hit_Retail.html
http://www.slashgear.com/psn-cards-spotted-at-meijer-stores-1612062.php
http://seek.cc/news/ps3/playstation-network-cards-released-at-meijer/
http://skypz.com/psp/index.php/2008/06/14/playstation-network-cards-released-at-meijer/
http://gizmodo.com/5018840/psn-cards-are-just-hitting-stores-now

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='The Mana Knight']I understand what you are saying, I was just mentioning how they use to be more crazy expensive. However, most of the scalpers do this for people who live in Europe, who want to purchase U.S. Store content.

I thought I heard about some other retailers getting them in around E3, but haven't heard back. I checked meijer.com and they still don't carry them (It's B&M only).

Anyway, I found my article at even more sites now (or my picture I should say). :D
http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/686445/PSN_Cards_Hit_Retail.html
http://www.slashgear.com/psn-cards-spotted-at-meijer-stores-1612062.php
http://seek.cc/news/ps3/playstation-network-cards-released-at-meijer/
http://gizmodo.com/5018840/psn-cards-are-just-hitting-stores-now[/QUOTE]
too bad you didnt copyright it. you could be getting some moolah from the news outlets.

bread's done
Back