PSN Store Cards Confirmed w/pic

[quote name='fuss']Once these hit Best Buy I will but more stuff on PSN. I want to use my reward zone mastercard and get double points lol.

As of now there are a few things I would like to buy on the PSN but can hold off. The only thing I will not hld off for is some sort of Warhawk expansion... that will be a day 1 buy for me no mater what.[/QUOTE]Your wish might come true. ;)

Rumor floating around (we'll see) is that PSN Cards will be at Best Buy in October. An employee seems to have confirmed this, but SCEA said they'll be updating the official site soon. The time frame of them getting them in is 2 weeks.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Your wish might come true. ;)

Rumor floating around (we'll see) is that PSN Cards will be at Best Buy in October. An employee seems to have confirmed this, but SCEA said they'll be updating the official site soon. The time frame of them getting them in is 2 weeks.[/quote]
Jeez i hope they will that would be great.

PSN Card news:
As many of you have been asking for the PLAYSTATION Network Cards (especially in light of the huge PLAYSTATION Store content update yesterday)), we are excited to let you know that we have a full roll-out at major retailers on the way. The PLAYSTATION Network Cards will be available at Walmart, Best Buy, select Sam’s Club outlets in October 2008, and at Barnes & Noble College Bookstores locations in November 2008. Cards are available in $20.00 and $50.00 denominations and are currently offered at BLOCKBUSTER, Pamida, Meijer Superstores and Speedway store locations.

We’ll continue to update you as these cards are available in these stores and as they available in more retail locations.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/09/26/update-on-psn-cards/

Target, Circuit City, etc. will probably be up later in the future. Like I told everyone, every retailer cannot get them at once since they have to setup retailers to activate the cards individually.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I've been hearing around that some Best Buy locations now carry them.[/quote]

I have been looking for the sku inthe computer almost everyday with no luck, gratned I have no idea what they are listed as... but still. If you can get me a SKU that would be great.

So to follow up on my own question -

Best Buy

$20 sku is 8945804

$50 sku is 8945779

And yay for employee discount! :applause:

edit - Best Buys are getting them this week - the one I work at got them on Wed and most of the SD stores have them already, so be on the lookout.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='The Mana Knight']Glad I helped you letting you know the PSN Card SKUs. ;)[/quote]

Yup! Funny thing is going by the item number they have been n the system for a while now. They have it listed as "PS3 $20.00 Network Card" which I never thought to look under. Kinda misleading also since you can use it for the PSP. And about an hour after I looked them up in the computer they came in off of our truck. Talk about great timing lol.

So can BB sell these? The Westwood, CA one has 36 in stock in the back. The guy went to get me one but I (stupidly?) asked if he knew they'd activate ok... he checked on the computer and it said "IN STOCK BY: 10-26-2008".. he told me that means they can't sell them before that date. He wouldn't let me take it to a cashier and try to activate it or anything.

So we know Best Buys are *getting* them but can they sell them?

[quote name='Justin42']So can BB sell these? The Westwood, CA one has 36 in stock in the back. The guy went to get me one but I (stupidly?) asked if he knew they'd activate ok... he checked on the computer and it said "IN STOCK BY: 10-26-2008".. he told me that means they can't sell them before that date. He wouldn't let me take it to a cashier and try to activate it or anything.

So we know Best Buys are *getting* them but can they sell them?[/QUOTE]It's possibly because Best Buy doesn't have their system setup yet to activate them. SCEA said the same thing to Meijer (although some stores sold earlier than they should). What happens is SCEA has to setup each retailer individually to activate the cards (basically, swipe the card). Once the card is swiped, a signal is sent to a centralized server saying it was activated, then SCEA gets the information to allow that particular card to be used on PSN.

If a card is sold too early, it will appear as being activated on the receipt, but SCEA will not get the information sent to them about the card being activated. What will happen when redeeming the card is that it will say the card is invalid. Or even it will let you redeem but an error will occur (not adding any money to your wallet). That's why the PSN Cards have a street date, because if they are sold too early, it will NOT work. I know all about this because it happened to me, when Meijer sold the cards too early.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']To let everyone know, I bought a PSN Card at Meijer today and they no longer tax it.[/quote]

I was charged tax for mine at Blockbuster. :(

[quote name='Sinistar']I was charged tax for mine at Blockbuster. :([/QUOTE]

Me too...didn't think it was legal to tax a "gift card." Thought they could ONLY tax the purchase of goods?

Noticed a different Best Buy (from the one that told me NO BB could sell before 10/26) had them out on the floor to buy today. I nearly bought one but was concerned about that mysterious 10/26 on-sale date claimed by another BB, plus I am hoping for a $10 off $75 coupon the week of LBP...

[quote name='Justin42']Noticed a different Best Buy (from the one that told me NO BB could sell before 10/26) had them out on the floor to buy today. I nearly bought one but was concerned about that mysterious 10/26 on-sale date claimed by another BB, plus I am hoping for a $10 off $75 coupon the week of LBP...[/QUOTE]I'd wait because if they sold early, the card MIGHT not work. I know Meijer did that and the first PSN Card I bought didn't work because of that (that date could be when the centralized servers are running for Best Buy).

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I went to Best Buy today and say $20 and $50 PSN Cards there. They didn't have Warhawk as the graphic, like the ones at Meijer.[/quote]
I did not even notice that - the $20 card I got from BBY had GT5 on it. But the one I got worked great for my Singstore song downloads....

[quote name='snakelda']So whats the point of these PSN cards?Its for people who don't have debit/credit cards?[/quote]
Or don't want to use them.

[quote name='snakelda']So whats the point of these PSN cards?Its for people who don't have debit/credit cards?[/quote]

Or get reward zone points at Best Buy :bouncy:

[quote name='xbox_mole']Me too...didn't think it was legal to tax a "gift card." Thought they could ONLY tax the purchase of goods?[/QUOTE]

Wrote to the PA Dept. of Revenue and they said retailers are NOT to charge sales tax on giftcards in PA. I'm currently in a fight with Blockbuster to get my money back and have them turn off the sales tax flag for stores in PA. Can I just say that Bockbuster's online CS team is either dumb as bricks, or ONLY copies and pastes from online scripts.

[quote name='fuss']Or get reward zone points at Best Buy :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Yep, that's why all my future PSN purchases will be made via PSN cards. Do the cards register as part of the Gaming Club on RZ?

[quote name='Justin42']Yep, that's why all my future PSN purchases will be made via PSN cards. Do the cards register as part of the Gaming Club on RZ?[/quote]
I heard somebody said no - I have not had a chance to double check. The card I got I used RZ certs for it so I get no points anyway. But really they should IMO.

I was in target today and saw them. I am going to be picking one up from my bestbuy in the next day or two. I have a $10 off RZ coupon!

[quote name='MotzCTG']I was in target today and saw them. I am going to be picking one up from my bestbuy in the next day or two. I have a $10 off RZ coupon![/QUOTE]I think you saw different cards at Target, because Target was not a retailer getting in PSN Cards in October/November (according to SCEA).

Got one at Best Buy this week... didn't have any problems buying it but it was a pain to redeem-- kept getting error 80023102's on the PS3 and "unknown errors" on the PC version of the store. It finally went through after about an hour on the PC.

Very strange.

[quote name='Justin42']Got one at Best Buy this week... didn't have any problems buying it but it was a pain to redeem-- kept getting error 80023102's on the PS3 and "unknown errors" on the PC version of the store. It finally went through after about an hour on the PC.

Very strange.[/QUOTE]You sometimes have to clear the cache and cookies to make it work on the PC or PS3, since it sometimes stores other info from previous codes redeemed. Once I've done that, no issue. Always make sure next to the pricetag, it says activated.

I got charged tax today at Blockbuster (NYC) on a $50 card. I thought it would be a nice way to not have my credit info and all that on their system. But now I realize I'll be taxed twice. Anyone been successful over a long period of having a fake no tax state address?

[quote name='LennyKravitz']I got charged tax today at Blockbuster (NYC) on a $50 card. I thought it would be a nice way to not have my credit info and all that on their system. But now I realize I'll be taxed twice. Anyone been successful over a long period of having a fake no tax state address?[/QUOTE]Well, it varies. Some stores charge tax, some do not. Try Best Buy.

Using a CC on PSN is just like Amazon.com, it's pretty safe. If you want, you can remove info easily after every time you add funds.

If you put your location as Virgina on the PSN store, it doesn't charge sales tax. At least it hasn't for me.

I'll be sticking to CC purchases myself, unless they have deals on the cards - or even if they don't charge tax and I can use the 10% off backstage pass at FYE.

[quote name='Justin42']Do the cards register as part of the Gaming Club on RZ?[/quote]

For the record - yes, the PSN cards DO qualify for the gamers club at Best Buy. IMO this is a great deal, you get RZ points and RZGC points.

[quote name='pete5883']Wow I haven't been paying attention, thanks for the reminder BB has these now. I had an RZ cert that was about to expire :hot:[/quote]

Sign up for the gamers club also - its free and for evey $150 you spend on VG, VG accys and computer games you get an extra $10 back in addition to your regular RZ points.

I forgot to post in this thread about it, but Target now carries the PSN Cards. I saw them there today.

GameStop stores still can't sell them until they get in a system to activate pre-paid cards at the register.

bread's done
Back