PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

Index
Current Deals
Upcoming Deals & PlayStation Plus Schedule
Bundles & Vita Discounts
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals
Alternate Deals
Frequently Asked Questions

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Usually Updates Every Tuesday Between 2-6 EST

Key: * - New This Week, * - Expires With Next Update, * - Permanent Price Drop

Bundles
Game Show Party Bundle - $9.99 - Includes Family Feud, Press Your Luck, and The Price is Right *

PS3
Catherine - $19.99
Choplifter HD - $2.99 *
Dragon's Lair - $4.99 *
Family Feud - $4.99 *
Family Feud Decades - $4.99 *
Hollywood Squares - $4.99 *
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $59.99 - Pre-order w/Exclusive Theme & Pre-order Costumes - Out 11/20 *
Press Your Luck - $4.99 *
The Price is Right - $4.99 *
The Price is Right Decades - $4.99 *
Ricochet HD - $2.49
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: FES - $4.99
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - $4.99 *

Add-ons
007 Legends - 007 Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Nemesis Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Stealth Pack - Free *
DJ Hero - Hard Edge Mix Pack - $2.99
Guitar Hero III - Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack - $3.13
Guitar Hero 5 - Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack 2 - $2.75
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 7 - Free *
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 8 - Free *
Rock Band - Various Add-ons (Link for full list) - $0.99 to $9.99
Sniper Elite V2 - Multiplayer Expansion - Free *

PSP
The Red Star - $4.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona - $9.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2: Innocent Sin - $14.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable - $9.99

Vita
Frobisher Says! - Free
Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz - Free - 152 MB

Vita Add-ons
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 2 - Free - Cross Buy *
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 3 - Free - Cross Buy *

Music
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Soundtrack - $5.99 **

PlayStation Plus

PS3 Deals
Absolute Supercars - $7.99 - 20% Off *
Choplifter HD - $2.69 **
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off
Machinarium - $6.99 - 30% Off *
Super Stacker Party - $0.89 - 10% Off **

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
BloodRayne: Betrayal - 961 MB
Double Dragon Neon - 1.9 GB
Infamous 2 - 15 GB
The King of Fighters XIII - 2.2 GB
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 4.8 GB
LittleBigPlanet Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move - Location: PS3 Games > By Genre > PlayStation Move Games
Outland - 1.2 GB
PayDay: The Heist - 2.2 GB
Quantum Conundrum - 1.6 GB *
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - 14 GB
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - 7538 MB
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 176 MB

Themes
Abstract Art - Dynamic
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Dynamic
Cuckoo - Dynamic
Daytona USA
Double Dragon Neon - Dynamic
Dragon - Dynamic
Hell Yeah! - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
The House of the Dead 4 - Dynamic
I Am Alive - Dynamic
inFamous: Festival of Blood - Dynamic
Jet Set Radio - Dynamic
Leap Year - Dynamic
Mexican Skulls - Dynamic
PlayStation Plus - Dynamic
Robot - Dynamic
Samurai - Dynamic
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 - Dynamic
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Dynamic
Tales from Space: About a Blob
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Dynamic

Armageddon Riders (3)
Cool Cat
Daytona USA (5)
Dead Cloud
Double Dragon Neon (7)
Fat Princess (2)
Green Hamster
Hell Yeah! (4)
The House of the Dead III (3)
The House of the Dead 4 (3)
Jet Set Radio (6)
LittleBigPlanet (2)
Mutant Skull
Pink Hamster
PlayStation B-boy (3)
Resident Evil 5
Section 8: Prejudice Bundle
Squirrel
Stick Up Kid
Street Fighter X Tekken
Street Fighter 2
Tank Commander
Top Dawg
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (20)
Warriors Orochi 3

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
As a warning, DO NOT BUY THE MOTORSTORM RC DLC FROM THE VITA'S PS STORE!

The PS+ discounts are not offered on that store at the moment, so you will need to buy them from the PS3's PS Store to get them on sale and then you can download them from the Vita's PS Store since you get that DLC for both systems for one price.

i was going to buy the MW2 bundle but i want to know is there still a vase online community? are the maps worth it at all?

Here hoping for the Final Fantasy sale being next week and having all of the PSOne Classics included. Bought a card today while picking up Tales of Graces f. Come on discount on Origins and FFVI since those are the only ones I dont have yet at all and not on another platform.

Thanks Frisky for the new thread. No link to the previous thread? Maybe just put one towards the end.

Looks like I'll probably be getting at least one thing each of these weeks.

Edit: Looks like there's no offline multiplayer bots for COD4:MW. So I might just get the game by itself. Then again, the bundle is cheaper than a used copy from Gamestop.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='the_ENEMY_']i thought mw1 and mw2 are hacked to hell and back even on the ps3...[/QUOTE]

Cant speak for MW1 or MW2, but World at War was an absolute mess when I was playing that one. I'm guessing MW1 is probably just as bad.

Welp no Spring Fever for me for now. Probably a good thing since ME3 has my full gaming attention at the moment.

Can't decide whether to get COD4:Modern Warfare on disc (about $18 used, banking on finding a greatest hits/game of the year edition) or digital (about $15). Just want the most out of this game.

The part about an approximate $3 difference/used disc is ignored due to the fact that I'm about less than 5 GB left on my PS3's hard drive. I probably should consider upgrading my stock 160 GB to something higher.

Do the saves transfer from the retail disc version to the digital PSN copy or vice versa?

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/03/14/the-house-of-the-dead-4-coming-to-psn-in-april/

House of the Dead 4 will be out on April 17. It will be $7.00 for PS+ members from 4/17 to 5/1 and PS+ gets first crack at the demo from 4/10 to 4/24 along with a dynamic theme and avatars. It'll be $9.99 for everybody else and purchases within the first two weeks include a free avatar.

Feature list:
PlayStation Move compatible
Multiplayer mode
Multiple paths
Ranking and grading system to track your shot accuracy
Additional levels from The House of the Dead 4 Special
Bonus unlockable PlayStation Home item
Original creator interview
Trophies

[quote name='TheHelix']Never played HOTD4 so looks like I'm buying this. Also can't wait for Darkside Chronicles HD.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, lot's of on rail light gun games popping up on PSN. Anyone know if HotD4 has a lot more content than 3? It's releasing at $3 more than HotD3 did.

[quote name='cdwjustin']i was going to buy the MW2 bundle but i want to know is there still a vase online community? are the maps worth it at all?[/QUOTE]
Last time I played MW2 on ps3 (about 9 months ago I think) it was hacked to hell, no way to play a normal game. Running at jet speed, jumping on the top of buildings, etc. No way to even get kills really
[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Can't decide whether to get COD4:Modern Warfare on disc (about $18 used, banking on finding a greatest hits/game of the year edition) or digital (about $15). Just want the most out of this game.

The part about an approximate $3 difference/used disc is ignored due to the fact that I'm about less than 5 GB left on my PS3's hard drive. I probably should consider upgrading my stock 160 GB to something higher.

Do the saves transfer from the retail disc version to the digital PSN copy or vice versa?[/QUOTE]
Just so you know, I think the voucher for the mappack in the GOTY edition isn't valid anymore if thats why you want a GOTY

love how they blame the psn being hacked even though its the same for Xbox 360. my friend got to max prestige after playing 1 game with someone who hacked him. everything is all fucked up on all platforms, and they don't want to waste any time trying to fix it even though they still sell copies.

shameful.

I LOL'ED when I saw the Sony card...or whatever it's called.... is offering something like 10 x's points on PSN purchases!!!! LOLLL!!!!!

I forgot that they usually update the store to start the sales on a Tuesday and missed out on the inFamous: Festival Of Blood for under $5. They've been so late lately updating that it's almost been Weds before they changed shit, so I figured I had some extra time. But they updated quicker yesterday and I missed it. Oh well.
[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']I LOL'ED when I saw the Sony card...or whatever it's called.... is offering something like 10 x's points on PSN purchases!!!! LOLLL!!!!![/QUOTE]
Capital One Sony Card? If so, then maybe I'll have to buy some shit on PSN with it sometime.;) See if I can't figure out how to get enough points for a full MSRP game for cheaper.

even if they update late the sales are usually gone first thing in the morning.

and the playstation card is AWESOME, i signed up and after making 1 purchase at a restaurant I got an email saying I qualified for my sign up bonus of a $50 psn card. paid my bill for the restaurant online and i don't ever have to use the card again, free psn card. thinking about asking other people to get this card for me.

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']even if they update late the sales are usually gone first thing in the morning.

and the playstation card is AWESOME, i signed up and after making 1 purchase at a restaurant I got an email saying I qualified for my sign up bonus of a $50 psn card. paid my bill for the restaurant online and i don't ever have to use the card again, free psn card. thinking about asking other people to get this card for me.[/QUOTE]
I signed up for it when I think they had a $100 in free points promo after first purchase. So I bought a $3 AC/DC Rock Band track pack from Kmart and then I went and bought Little Big Planet 2 and some other game for essentially $3.:lol:

I was tempted by the one Southwest Airlines card promo a while ago, but that was for a card with an annual fee. I think they did lower the fee to $50 or $75 during the promo period(normally $100). The gift after first purchase: enough points for either a $500 Amazon gc or two round trip tix from SW Airlines.;)

lol dude.. 100? you could easily sign up for the chase 300 dollar cash back after spending 500 within the first 3 months, or 200 for 500 for citibank?

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']even if they update late the sales are usually gone first thing in the morning.

and the playstation card is AWESOME, i signed up and after making 1 purchase at a restaurant I got an email saying I qualified for my sign up bonus of a $50 psn card. paid my bill for the restaurant online and i don't ever have to use the card again, free psn card. thinking about asking other people to get this card for me.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm... Where did you find that $50 PSN promo? And, the card can be canceled after the first bill? What if I buy a double stack and some nuggets, then cancel it the following month? How fast did you get the card?

OK. I think that's enough bombarding. Atleast you didn't have to use it on PSN.

[quote name='srac84']lol dude.. 100? you could easily sign up for the chase 300 dollar cash back after spending 500 within the first 3 months, or 200 for 500 for citibank?[/QUOTE]
Except I'm old school apparently as I rarely put any type of large charges on my cc. I pay any bills I have in cash or by check. I just wanted to get the bonus by fulfilling the terms of the deal with the least amount spent. I did so, but then I started making lil charges every so often and paying them off before they came due to try n build a credit score.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Except I'm old school apparently as I rarely put any type of large charges on my cc. I pay any bills I have in cash or by check. I just wanted to get the bonus by fulfilling the terms of the deal with the least amount spent. I did so, but then I started making lil charges every so often and paying them off before they came due to try n build a credit score.[/QUOTE]

cool, but you wont build a credit score like that, you gotta put the charges on the card and wait till the bill comes out then pay it, eg.. when the certain amount is due. Thats what is reported to the credit agencies, otherwise its as if your not really using your card, if you pay it off before the actual amount is due :)

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Hmmm... Where did you find that $50 PSN promo? And, the card can be canceled after the first bill? What if I buy a double stack and some nuggets, then cancel it the following month? How fast did you get the card?

OK. I think that's enough bombarding. Atleast you didn't have to use it on PSN.[/QUOTE]

If I were you, I wouldn't cancel any CC...It could mess up your credit...Just don't use the CC.

[quote name='srac84']cool, but you wont build a credit score like that, you gotta put the charges on the card and wait till the bill comes out then pay it, eg.. when the certain amount is due. Thats what is reported to the credit agencies, otherwise its as if your not really using your card, if you pay it off before the actual amount is due :)[/QUOTE]
This man speaks the truth. We pay for everything with CC's and pay the full amount each month when the bill comes. Since I married a accountant she takes care if all the bills, sucks sometimes though when she's like "what did you spend $.25 on!?" well it's not quite that bad but nothing gets past her.

why cut it up? you never know when you might need it.. just put it aside and dont use it lol..unless you cant control ur self.. hmm which at that point maybe you shouldnt get the card period :p..

[quote name='srac84']cool, but you wont build a credit score like that, you gotta put the charges on the card and wait till the bill comes out then pay it, eg.. when the certain amount is due. Thats what is reported to the credit agencies, otherwise its as if your not really using your card, if you pay it off before the actual amount is due :)[/QUOTE]
Ah. Good to know.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']
Capital One Sony Card? If so, then maybe I'll have to buy some shit on PSN with it sometime.;) See if I can't figure out how to get enough points for a full MSRP game for cheaper.[/QUOTE]

Missed this. Hmmm... I heard Capitol One is not to be dealt with.

[quote name='EarthKing']If I were you, I wouldn't cancel any CC...It could mess up your credit...Just don't use the CC.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip! Never heard that.

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']yeah just cut the card up, don't cancel.

google got me this link
http://www.sonyrewards.com/en/gatew...8GSkIga&lpkw=playstation rewards card&mtype=b[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Gonna check that out!

...I see it's Capitol One. Hmmm...

[quote name='Brother Daz']Yep never cancel credit cards, just cut them up and let the account collect dust[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

Don't carry more than 30% of your limit as balance either, btw. As for canceling, eh, as long as it's not your oldest card, and doesn't cut your total credit line much, it doesn't matter. You'll take a small hit for a couple of months, so just don't cancel it before buying a car/house.

[quote name='srac84']why cut it up? you never know when you might need it.. just put it aside and dont use it lol..unless you cant control ur self.. hmm which at that point maybe you shouldnt get the card period :p..[/QUOTE]
Well when you have a card with a $30k limit, you don't really need to keep a card around with a $1000 limit. It has nothing to do with self control. At least in my case it's not.

its mainly so that you don't lose place of it and it comes back to haunt you.

imagine if you put it aside in a desk drawer and 2 years later someone out there maxed it out and gave you a headache for a straight month while you ironed everything out talking to automated customer services and waiting on hold etc.

if $50 isnt worth the 5 or 10 minutes it takes you to fill out your info and later activate the card, then file for your reward then you must make a ton of money at your job.

this is one of the few credit card activations that didn't try to beg me to get a premium protection plan, i was already imagining how i was going to politely reject the guy when he first said hello.

Wow for gamestop. So, about week ago... two maybe? I decided I would see how long it took to get through to whatever part of customer service could let my account place some orders. (The slightly cheaper Disgaea download codes) I have tried ordering as a guest, starting a new account, using family members addresses, and even went and bought a gift card and tried it. Absolutely nothing will work. I've been emailing them back and forth as they asked for more information about my account, and further details about the problems, and so on. The latest email they sent me tells me that they think my order was lost in the mail.

Though none of my payments have ever been accepted.

And they don't physically mail the DLC codes.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/03/14/the-house-of-the-dead-4-coming-to-psn-in-april/

House of the Dead 4 will be out on April 17. It will be $7.00 for PS+ members from 4/17 to 5/1 and PS+ gets first crack at the demo from 4/10 to 4/24 along with a dynamic theme and avatars. It'll be $9.99 for everybody else and purchases within the first two weeks include a free avatar.

Feature list:[/QUOTE]

Ahh rats...my PS+ runs out at the end of March. Hope there will be a deal on PS+ or I might have to cough up that $50 for the year membership.

[quote name='kinney_bmx']
Just so you know, I think the voucher for the mappack in the GOTY edition isn't valid anymore if thats why you want a GOTY[/QUOTE]

I thought that was only on the 360 version where you got a voucher with purchase. Also, heard that some GOTY for the 360 don't include map pack vouchers anymore.

I mean, I figured the PS3 version of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare included the Variety Map pack on disc. I suppose if that is the case where there is no longer that map pack at all, then I'm going to lean towards the digital version. Just need to figure out if multiplayer is worth the extra bit of $.

Final Fantasy sale confirmed for PSN next week. 50% off Final Fantasy PSone/PSP games for PS+, probably 30% for everyone. 10 FF games

Got this from the Blogcast

[quote name='Wario64']Final Fantasy sale confirmed for PSN next week. 50% off Final Fantasy PSone/PSP games for PS+, probably 30% for everyone. 10 FF games

Got this from the Blogcast[/QUOTE]

Thanks for sharing. How did you access the blogcast? I can't get to it on the PS Blog site...

[quote name='tylerh1701']Thanks for sharing. How did you access the blogcast? I can't get to it on the PS Blog site...[/QUOTE]

I use the RSS feed

http://feeds.feedburner.com/TheOfficialPlaystationBlogcast

It usually gets posted before the PS Blog posts about it

And for reference, these were the games on sale when EU PSN had the FF sale

Dissidia: Final Fantasy (Was £14.99/€24.99 – Now £9.99/€11.99)
Dissidia 012: Final Fantasy – Prologus (Was £2.39/€2.99 – Now £1.19/€1.49)
Dissidia 012: Final Fantasy (Was £27.99/€34.99 – Now £13.99/€17.99)
Final Fantasy (Was £7.99/€9.99 – Now £3.99/€4.99)
Final Fantasy II (Was £7.99/€9.99 – Now £3.99/€4.99)
Final Fantasy IV: Complete Collection (Was £27.99/€34.99 – Now £13.99/€17.99)
Final Fantasy V (Was £7.99/€9.99 – Now £3.99/€4.99)
Final Fantasy VI (Was £7.99/€9.99 – Now £3.99/€4.99)
Final Fantasy VII (Was £7.99/€9.99 – Now £3.99/€4.99)
Final Fantasy VIII (Was £7.99/€9.99 – Now £3.99/€4.99)
Final Fantasy IX (Was £7.99/€9.99 – Now £3.99/€4.99)
Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions (£7.99/€9.99 – Now £3.99/€4.99)

I'm guessing Dissidia 012 and Prologus will not be in the sale, which would equal to 10 games

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']
if $50 isnt worth the 5 or 10 minutes it takes you to fill out your info and later activate the card, then file for your reward then you must make a ton of money at your job.
[/QUOTE]

That depends, what's your definition of "a ton of money".
If you're thinking a remotely reasonable amount, yeah, I probably make more than that.

Word of caution about letting CC account lie dormant, companies are much quicker these days to close "inactive" accounts, sometimes with little notice of their intent to do so. So you would want to at least occasionally use your oldest cards to keep the ongoing history.

[quote name='Wario64']I use the RSS feed

http://feeds.feedburner.com/TheOfficialPlaystationBlogcast

It usually gets posted before the PS Blog posts about it

And for reference, these were the games on sale when EU PSN had the FF sale

Dissidia: Final Fantasy (Was £14.99/€24.99 – Now £9.99/€11.99)
Dissidia 012: Final Fantasy – Prologus (Was £2.39/€2.99 – Now £1.19/€1.49)
Dissidia 012: Final Fantasy (Was £27.99/€34.99 – Now £13.99/€17.99)
Final Fantasy (Was £7.99/€9.99 – Now £3.99/€4.99)
Final Fantasy II (Was £7.99/€9.99 – Now £3.99/€4.99)
Final Fantasy IV: Complete Collection (Was £27.99/€34.99 – Now £13.99/€17.99)
Final Fantasy V (Was £7.99/€9.99 – Now £3.99/€4.99)
Final Fantasy VI (Was £7.99/€9.99 – Now £3.99/€4.99)
Final Fantasy VII (Was £7.99/€9.99 – Now £3.99/€4.99)
Final Fantasy VIII (Was £7.99/€9.99 – Now £3.99/€4.99)
Final Fantasy IX (Was £7.99/€9.99 – Now £3.99/€4.99)
Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions (£7.99/€9.99 – Now £3.99/€4.99)

I'm guessing Dissidia 012 and Prologus will not be in the sale, which would equal to 10 games[/QUOTE]

Muchos gracias!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back