PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

Index
Current Deals
Upcoming Deals & PlayStation Plus Schedule
Bundles & Vita Discounts
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals
Alternate Deals
Frequently Asked Questions

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Usually Updates Every Tuesday Between 2-6 EST

Key: * - New This Week, * - Expires With Next Update, * - Permanent Price Drop

Bundles
Game Show Party Bundle - $9.99 - Includes Family Feud, Press Your Luck, and The Price is Right *

PS3
Catherine - $19.99
Choplifter HD - $2.99 *
Dragon's Lair - $4.99 *
Family Feud - $4.99 *
Family Feud Decades - $4.99 *
Hollywood Squares - $4.99 *
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $59.99 - Pre-order w/Exclusive Theme & Pre-order Costumes - Out 11/20 *
Press Your Luck - $4.99 *
The Price is Right - $4.99 *
The Price is Right Decades - $4.99 *
Ricochet HD - $2.49
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: FES - $4.99
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - $4.99 *

Add-ons
007 Legends - 007 Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Nemesis Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Stealth Pack - Free *
DJ Hero - Hard Edge Mix Pack - $2.99
Guitar Hero III - Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack - $3.13
Guitar Hero 5 - Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack 2 - $2.75
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 7 - Free *
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 8 - Free *
Rock Band - Various Add-ons (Link for full list) - $0.99 to $9.99
Sniper Elite V2 - Multiplayer Expansion - Free *

PSP
The Red Star - $4.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona - $9.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2: Innocent Sin - $14.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable - $9.99

Vita
Frobisher Says! - Free
Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz - Free - 152 MB

Vita Add-ons
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 2 - Free - Cross Buy *
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 3 - Free - Cross Buy *

Music
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Soundtrack - $5.99 **

PlayStation Plus

PS3 Deals
Absolute Supercars - $7.99 - 20% Off *
Choplifter HD - $2.69 **
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off
Machinarium - $6.99 - 30% Off *
Super Stacker Party - $0.89 - 10% Off **

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
BloodRayne: Betrayal - 961 MB
Double Dragon Neon - 1.9 GB
Infamous 2 - 15 GB
The King of Fighters XIII - 2.2 GB
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 4.8 GB
LittleBigPlanet Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move - Location: PS3 Games > By Genre > PlayStation Move Games
Outland - 1.2 GB
PayDay: The Heist - 2.2 GB
Quantum Conundrum - 1.6 GB *
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - 14 GB
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - 7538 MB
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 176 MB

Themes
Abstract Art - Dynamic
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Dynamic
Cuckoo - Dynamic
Daytona USA
Double Dragon Neon - Dynamic
Dragon - Dynamic
Hell Yeah! - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
The House of the Dead 4 - Dynamic
I Am Alive - Dynamic
inFamous: Festival of Blood - Dynamic
Jet Set Radio - Dynamic
Leap Year - Dynamic
Mexican Skulls - Dynamic
PlayStation Plus - Dynamic
Robot - Dynamic
Samurai - Dynamic
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 - Dynamic
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Dynamic
Tales from Space: About a Blob
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Dynamic

Armageddon Riders (3)
Cool Cat
Daytona USA (5)
Dead Cloud
Double Dragon Neon (7)
Fat Princess (2)
Green Hamster
Hell Yeah! (4)
The House of the Dead III (3)
The House of the Dead 4 (3)
Jet Set Radio (6)
LittleBigPlanet (2)
Mutant Skull
Pink Hamster
PlayStation B-boy (3)
Resident Evil 5
Section 8: Prejudice Bundle
Squirrel
Stick Up Kid
Street Fighter X Tekken
Street Fighter 2
Tank Commander
Top Dawg
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (20)
Warriors Orochi 3

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='elessar123']Are there any issues with the PS1 FFs, like Chronotrigger?

(FF8 doesn't, and it's the only digital one I've rebought)[/QUOTE]

The PS1 port of Chronotrigger had technical issues even when you played it on a PS1 system. FF7-9 should play as well as you remember them. The other PS1 FFs were done by the same team that ported Chrono and have hiccups of their own if memory serves right.

Ten Final Fantasy Games will be on sale, but there are eleven on PSN (PSP and PS1 Classics). Here are the speculative prices:

PSP
Final Fantasy IV: The Complete Collection - PSP - $20.99 PSN - $14.69 PS+
Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions - PSP - $6.99 PSN - $4.89 PS+
Dissidia Final Fantasy - PSP - $13.99 PSN - $9.79 PS+
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy - PSP - $20.99 PSN - $14.69 PS+

PS1 Classics
Final Fantasy Origins - $6.99 PSN - $4.89 PS+
Final Fantasy V - $6.99 PSN - $4.89 PS+
Final Fantasy VI - $6.99 PSN - $4.89 PS+
Final Fantasy VII - $6.99 PSN - $4.89 PS+
Final Fantasy VIII - $6.99 PSN - $4.89 PS+
Final Fantasy IX - $6.99 PSN - $4.89 PS+
Final Fantasy Tactics - $6.99 PSN - $4.89 PS+

Do they cut out a Dissidia game or cut out a version of Tactics?

[quote name='backseatdog']Is there any word if the ps vita will be able to play any of the ps1 titles we purchase off the psn store?[/QUOTE]

Last I heard Sony has said they're working on it but there's been no official word on a date that it'll happen. It's just a matter of time.

[quote name='EarthKing']Is FF VII that good? It's been really hyped. I still haven't played it so I'll be picking a $50 PSN for next weeks games.[/QUOTE]

I don't know how well it's aged but when I played it way back when it released I loved it. That was the first time I played a JRPG, well actually the second. I did play Dragon Warrior on the NES but I was a young buck and really didn't know what I was doing.

Isn't FFV the one that was free a few weeks ago? I've only played up to VII, but I'll be damned if I'm playing that one again and fighting those annoying giant houses. I might consider one of the later ones.

If they have both versions of Tactics on sale, is there a reason to buy both? If I should just buy one, what's the better version? I'm assuming it'd be the PSP version.

Metacritic has Final Fantasy IX as the most critically acclaimed (94%), but that's not to say any of them aren't fantastic. I can't comment on how they've aged, but I adored VII and don't regularly play RPG's. If you haven't played it, it's worth the $5 to play a piece of history.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']If they have both versions of Tactics on sale, is there a reason to buy both? If I should just buy one, what's the better version? I'm assuming it'd be the PSP version.[/QUOTE]

Copy/pasta:

"War of the Lions is the best version, complete with multiplayer, new events and quests, Final Fantasy XII and Tactics A2 cameos, and best of all, a completely remastered localization. Yep, not only is the story finally comprehensible, but also super-dramatic. Sure, some have criticized Joseph Reeder and Tom Slattery's translation as overly florid, but hey, it's one of the few pieces of games writing out there that actually demands a post-fourth-grade vocabulary."

The one downside which is a big one. War of the Lions on the psp is very laggy and almost unplayable according to some reviews. Not sure if it is the same way on the ps3.

[quote name='backseatdog']Copy/pasta:

"War of the Lions is the best version, complete with multiplayer, new events and quests, Final Fantasy XII and Tactics A2 cameos, and best of all, a completely remastered localization. Yep, not only is the story finally comprehensible, but also super-dramatic. Sure, some have criticized Joseph Reeder and Tom Slattery's translation as overly florid, but hey, it's one of the few pieces of games writing out there that actually demands a post-fourth-grade vocabulary."

The one downside which is a big one. War of the Lions on the psp is very laggy and almost unplayable according to some reviews. Not sure if it is the same way on the ps3.[/QUOTE]

Ehhh, I wouldn't call the version that is almost unplayable the best version though. Also, you can't play War of the Lions on the PS3, I'm looking to play it on my Vita.

[quote name='JJSP'] I can't comment on how they've aged, but I adored VII and don't regularly play RPG's. If you haven't played it, it's worth the $5 to play a piece of history.[/QUOTE]

$4.89 for a piece of video gaming history, I'm in. :D

Ah shit. I just bought FFIV Complete Collection for $30 last week too. Figured it was never going on sale or at least anytime soon. Nearly picked up a couple of the other PS1 games too. Glad I at least held out on those.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Ten Final Fantasy Games will be on sale, but there are eleven on PSN (PSP and PS1 Classics). Here are the speculative prices:

PSP

PS1 Classics

Do they cut out a Dissidia game or cut out a version of Tactics?[/QUOTE]

Awesome now i can get origins and VI and have all of the final fantasy games on one platform or another except for the online ones and XIII-2 (May get later on). Also, the second dissiada game should be cut since it just got discounted from the award sale.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Ten Final Fantasy Games will be on sale, but there are eleven on PSN (PSP and PS1 Classics). Here are the speculative prices:

PSP

PS1 Classics

bye monies! hope they keep fft psp in the list - I needs some fft vita action!

Jesus, if those prices are real, FFIV is getting downloaded in an instant.

Other than that, still cant bite the bullet on Dissidia for 15$. Already got War of the Lions and FFT, so i guess maybe VI, VII, and XI too.

PSP

PS1 Classics

They mentioned Tactics on the Blogcast, so it'll be Dissidia that gets cut...probably

He mentioned the PS1 version specifically, so the PSP version could get the cut. I could see Dissidia 012 sitting out since it was just on sale though.

Hey guys, I bought Chrono Trigger for $4.89 but it won't install, I always get an error. I have deleted it off my hard drive and redownloaded to no avail.

Any suggestions?

Are there long load times for these Final Fantasy PSP/PS1 games? That seemed like the biggest complaints of Chrono Trigger (PS1) and FF Tactics (PSP). Im not sure if the others have the same issue.

[quote name='srac84']when are the final fantasy price supposed to be on sale? is it starting on the 20th?[/QUOTE]
It'll begin when the store is updated on Tuesday.

So for someone not really into JRPGs, but who recently played and enjoyed Chrono Trigger (especially the active battle system along with the story), what FF game (if any) would be most likely to entertain me?

BTW: I have the one that was free for plus a few weeks ago, but havent really played it yet.

[quote name='hostyl1']So for someone not really into JRPGs, but who recently played and enjoyed Chrono Trigger (especially the active battle system along with the story), what FF game (if any) would be most likely to entertain me?

BTW: I have the one that was free for plus a few weeks ago, but havent really played it yet.[/QUOTE]

VI or Tactics.

[quote name='hostyl1']So for someone not really into JRPGs, but who recently played and enjoyed Chrono Trigger (especially the active battle system along with the story), what FF game (if any) would be most likely to entertain me?

BTW: I have the one that was free for plus a few weeks ago, but havent really played it yet.[/QUOTE]

Glad you are looking to sample another JRPG. :D

The FF games are definitely different than CT, but in terms of quality, Final Fantasy VI stands up with any JRPG ever made. Amazing world, characters, story, soundtrack and atmosphere. I would recommend picking up a GBA version to play on the DS if you have that slot over playing it on your PS3. If you have a PSP though, you should be good.

Also if you have a PSP, I definitely recommend trying FFVII at some point. It holds up better on a smaller screen and the extra addition of being portable makes playing a PSOne dated game that much more attractive. It was such a ground breaking game for its time, that it is still worth playing to this day.

Tactics was recommended, and it is truly a great game, though it is a SRPG. I am just starting up yet another replay of that right now and have probably put in well over 300 hours into it over the years. The story is rich with political and religious intrigue.

Not a FF game, but one more recommendation that is a great Square JRPG game from their golden era..Xenogears. Though a lot of people did not like the last part of the game, I loved every second of it. A mature, vast story with a cool mix of marital art skills and mechs in battle.

btw if you have a sams club membership u can get psn cards cheaper.. 20 dollar cards are like 18.66 and 50 dollar cards are like 46.44 so thats also a discount! :)

[quote name='srac84']btw if you have a sams club membership u can get psn cards cheaper.. 20 dollar cards are like 18.66 and 50 dollar cards are like 46.44 so thats also a discount! :)[/QUOTE]

Last time I tried to buy cards from Sams Club they were all expired and wouldn't activate at the register. It took the moron cashiers like 20 minutes to figure out it wouldn't work, and I ended up with nothing.

I have ffVI on gba, but am thinking of getting VI, VII, and tactics. 8 and 9 i played and beat but didnt really care for them. i loved 7 but might just skip cuz it might look soo bad. tactics and VI are always great to play tho.

FF Tactics has one of the best story-lines all time. More twists than any other game I've played (not that twists alone make it good, just that it's incredibly intriguing throughout). Great srpg gameplay too (though there are wild swings in difficulty level during the game). The soundtrack is superb as well.

I haven't played any of the FF games (aside from Tactics and FFTA). I might just pick up VI through IX even so (already got V for free for ps+).

[quote name='Japakneez']Are there long load times for these Final Fantasy PSP/PS1 games? That seemed like the biggest complaints of Chrono Trigger (PS1) and FF Tactics (PSP). Im not sure if the others have the same issue.[/QUOTE]

The PS1 FF games don't really have noticeable load times, but that's mainly because they do some kind of effect before the battle (i.e. Swirling, breaking glass, etc.). Dissidia 012 and Dissidia have decent load times on the PSP, but that's fairly understandable. They aren't very long IMO. FF IV on the PSP has load times as well, but they're hidden by the "glass breaking effect". The main FF games seem to have the shortest load times, while the spin-offs have longer load times. Almost forgot- the main FF games sometimes use FMVs to cover up load times, sometimes when entering new areas.

[quote name='Yanksfan']Glad you are looking to sample another JRPG. :D

The FF games are definitely different than CT, but in terms of quality, Final Fantasy VI stands up with any JRPG ever made. Amazing world, characters, story, soundtrack and atmosphere. I would recommend picking up a GBA version to play on the DS if you have that slot over playing it on your PS3. If you have a PSP though, you should be good.

Also if you have a PSP, I definitely recommend trying FFVII at some point. It holds up better on a smaller screen and the extra addition of being portable makes playing a PSOne dated game that much more attractive. It was such a ground breaking game for its time, that it is still worth playing to this day.

Tactics was recommended, and it is truly a great game, though it is a SRPG. I am just starting up yet another replay of that right now and have probably put in well over 300 hours into it over the years. The story is rich with political and religious intrigue.

Not a FF game, but one more recommendation that is a great Square JRPG game from their golden era..Xenogears. Though a lot of people did not like the last part of the game, I loved every second of it. A mature, vast story with a cool mix of marital art skills and mechs in battle.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I have a PSP and that is what I plan on using to play any of these games. Also, it's a lot easier with 3 toddlers to play on a PSP/DS while they are playing on the floor or watching a video.

I'm not really sure what a Strategy RPG is like. From the screenshots/vids I've seen, it looks almost like a game of Chess or Stratego; maybe even Risk-like. How similar is the battle-phase to something like say Civilization Revolution?

And I'm terrified of Xenogears as I *tried* to play Xenosaga on the PS2. After almost an hour of booting up the game and not being asked to input much into the controller, I got bored and never touched it again. Hopefully Xenogears is more 'interactive'.

BTW: With the Aeris thing being well spoiled, what else is the draw to FF7?

Has it been determined that MW2 is hacked to hell and not worth getting for online? Really wanna get the bundle, but need some assurance first.

I think I'll actually try out FFVI and see what the fuss is about. Only game in the series I actually managed to stay awake through so far is VII, but I've only played 1, 7, 8, 12, and 13.

Also, hooray House of the Dead 4! Damn thing never works when I go to Dave and Busters.

[quote name='gepet0']is plus worth it?[/QUOTE]

Totally worth it. I can't count all the free games I have got with it. Then you have all the games that were bought with huge discounts. PSN games, full retail games, dlc, avatars and dynamic themes.

I'll be getting IV,V,VI,VII,VIII,VIII,IX !!!!!
Maybe I'll get Tactics:Lions (even though I have it on UMD), so I can play it forever on my Vita

I've only played ff tactics advanced but I'm convinced it's the best tactis for ff without any other knowledge of the other tactics games. It is VERY good. FF6 is my favorite ff. The one with terra.

Yes, I would vouch for FF6 as well. I waver all the time between 4, 6, and 7 being my favorite. All three have some of the best JRPG stories, and characters.

So for anyone who has bought a code from gamestop for a PSN game - how long did it take you after buying it online for gamestop to email you the code? It's been about 12 hours so far and I got a confirmation email immediately saying the codes would be in a separate email but no sign of that one yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back