PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

Index
Current Deals
Upcoming Deals & PlayStation Plus Schedule
Bundles & Vita Discounts
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals
Alternate Deals
Frequently Asked Questions

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Usually Updates Every Tuesday Between 2-6 EST

Key: * - New This Week, * - Expires With Next Update, * - Permanent Price Drop

Bundles
Game Show Party Bundle - $9.99 - Includes Family Feud, Press Your Luck, and The Price is Right *

PS3
Catherine - $19.99
Choplifter HD - $2.99 *
Dragon's Lair - $4.99 *
Family Feud - $4.99 *
Family Feud Decades - $4.99 *
Hollywood Squares - $4.99 *
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $59.99 - Pre-order w/Exclusive Theme & Pre-order Costumes - Out 11/20 *
Press Your Luck - $4.99 *
The Price is Right - $4.99 *
The Price is Right Decades - $4.99 *
Ricochet HD - $2.49
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: FES - $4.99
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - $4.99 *

Add-ons
007 Legends - 007 Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Nemesis Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Stealth Pack - Free *
DJ Hero - Hard Edge Mix Pack - $2.99
Guitar Hero III - Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack - $3.13
Guitar Hero 5 - Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack 2 - $2.75
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 7 - Free *
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 8 - Free *
Rock Band - Various Add-ons (Link for full list) - $0.99 to $9.99
Sniper Elite V2 - Multiplayer Expansion - Free *

PSP
The Red Star - $4.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona - $9.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2: Innocent Sin - $14.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable - $9.99

Vita
Frobisher Says! - Free
Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz - Free - 152 MB

Vita Add-ons
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 2 - Free - Cross Buy *
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 3 - Free - Cross Buy *

Music
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Soundtrack - $5.99 **

PlayStation Plus

PS3 Deals
Absolute Supercars - $7.99 - 20% Off *
Choplifter HD - $2.69 **
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off
Machinarium - $6.99 - 30% Off *
Super Stacker Party - $0.89 - 10% Off **

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
BloodRayne: Betrayal - 961 MB
Double Dragon Neon - 1.9 GB
Infamous 2 - 15 GB
The King of Fighters XIII - 2.2 GB
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 4.8 GB
LittleBigPlanet Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move - Location: PS3 Games > By Genre > PlayStation Move Games
Outland - 1.2 GB
PayDay: The Heist - 2.2 GB
Quantum Conundrum - 1.6 GB *
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - 14 GB
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - 7538 MB
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 176 MB

Themes
Abstract Art - Dynamic
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Dynamic
Cuckoo - Dynamic
Daytona USA
Double Dragon Neon - Dynamic
Dragon - Dynamic
Hell Yeah! - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
The House of the Dead 4 - Dynamic
I Am Alive - Dynamic
inFamous: Festival of Blood - Dynamic
Jet Set Radio - Dynamic
Leap Year - Dynamic
Mexican Skulls - Dynamic
PlayStation Plus - Dynamic
Robot - Dynamic
Samurai - Dynamic
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 - Dynamic
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Dynamic
Tales from Space: About a Blob
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Dynamic

Armageddon Riders (3)
Cool Cat
Daytona USA (5)
Dead Cloud
Double Dragon Neon (7)
Fat Princess (2)
Green Hamster
Hell Yeah! (4)
The House of the Dead III (3)
The House of the Dead 4 (3)
Jet Set Radio (6)
LittleBigPlanet (2)
Mutant Skull
Pink Hamster
PlayStation B-boy (3)
Resident Evil 5
Section 8: Prejudice Bundle
Squirrel
Stick Up Kid
Street Fighter X Tekken
Street Fighter 2
Tank Commander
Top Dawg
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (20)
Warriors Orochi 3

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='FriskyTanuki']http://blog.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/2012/03/15/this-weeks-theatrical-throwdown-winner-2/

Looks like Real Steel will be the $0.99 rental on the PS Store for this weekend starting at 2 PM PST on Friday for people that are interested.[/QUOTE]
I didn't know they are bringing back the theatrical throwdown from last year. I rented a good amount of movies from that promotion, saved me gas from heading to a redbox. Glad Sony is doing it again, going to get Reel Steel for the $0.99.
icon10.gif

Anything good to get right now for $10 bucks. I have $24 on my account, but when I get FFOrigins and FFVI, I will have $10 leftover.

dont forget resident evil chronicles collection. ;)

[quote name='Velo214']yeah i have ff tactics, 6,7,8,9, all on ps1 disk (6 on gba) but how often have i put those in my ps3, never. so it might be worth it to get 6, tactics and maybe 7. i liked those the most. 8 and 9 i played and beat but never really enjoyed them too much. junction/draw system was horrible(in my opinion). i wish i could get xenogears for cheap or ct version that played well on my ps3, oh wellz.

i so wish they had trophies, but oh wellz...., i would have totally platted all of these in the past ;)
I so can't wait for DMC collection, Silent Hill collection, and recently announced Ratchet and Clank collection, woot! blasts from the past![/QUOTE]

Hey guys quick question to those that have PS+. Do the discounts apply to all games? or just the ones that are on sale that particular week? I wanna try out PS+, but it seems it benefits PS3 owners the most. I currently only have the PS Vita.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It started last week and it seems like it'll last for four more weeks.

http://blog.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/2012/03/02/the-theatrical-throwdown-is-coming-back/[/QUOTE]
Just finished watching Reel Steel, great movie for a $0.99.

[quote name='vierasniper']Hey guys quick question to those that have PS+. Do the discounts apply to all games? or just the ones that are on sale that particular week? I wanna try out PS+, but it seems it benefits PS3 owners the most. I currently only have the PS Vita.[/QUOTE]
If you only have a Vita, I would not get PS+. All the free stuff and content from PS+ has been targeted at PS3. Only reason PSP can get in on some things is because all minis and PS1 classics work on it by design. The vita only supports a few PSP games, no PS1 classics, not sure about PS minis. The only thing I could think of that PS+ can offer you right now are some free avatars...

clone of duty modern borefare games are f-ing retarded crapfest generic clone cookie cutter games.

bad deals this week

[quote name='neuropunk']clone of duty modern borefare games are f-ing retarded crapfest generic clone cookie cutter games.

bad deals this week[/QUOTE]
lol I dont play Call of Duty very often but millions of gamers and billions of dollars in sales completely disagree with you.

[quote name='wrencrest']lol I dont play Call of Duty very often but millions of gamers and billions of dollars in sales completely disagree with you.[/QUOTE]
Twilight, Transformers, Avatar and Titanic are very shitty movies and they also made billions of dollars. Your point?

So, I just proved to you that most people are retarded and like horrible things.

Man. Any argument that ends with a direct statement spelling out what you just proved to the reader is, by design, completely irrefutable. I guess everyone else can go home now. You won the Internet.

[quote name='neuropunk']

Twilight movies are HORRIBLE, UNREALISTIC, very shitty movies and they also made a few dollars. Your point?

So, I just proved to you that I am retarded and like horrible things. :whee:[/QUOTE]

Fixed. Other than that, NEVAAAAAA!!!!!!! But, I won't continue to help derail the thread.:)

It looks like Motorstorm RC is free this week for the Vita. I have one coming, but it won't get here until next week. Is it possible to get in on this without accessing the store through the Vita?

It's been several years since I've accessed with the PSN store, so I'm behind the curve.

[quote name='neuropunk']

Twilight, Transformers, Avatar and Titanic are very shitty movies and they also made billions of dollars. Your point?

So, I just proved to you that most people are retarded and like horrible things.[/QUOTE]
You really like shitting on every single thread you enter today don't you?
Look at it this way. COD is a polished game no matter what anyone says. The movement and shooting is fluid, and its addicting. And its very fun especially if you can play with friends.
But to take a page from your book. You are retarded and your opinion sucks.

People aren't retarded for having different tastes, something you should take note of.

Sorry for the off topic Frisky.

[quote name='neuropunk']clone of duty modern borefare games are f-ing retarded crapfest generic clone cookie cutter games.

Seriously, this kind of crap is not needed or wanted here. Nobody cares what you think of the games that are on sale. Looking at your posts, it seems all you don here is bitch about the quality of whatever game is on sale, and then insult other users. What is wrong with you? Did you somehow get banned from gamefaqs or something?

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']You need a Vita or PS3 to get it. It's been free since 3/6, so we don't know when it'll end.[/QUOTE]
Alright, thanks for the answer. Much appreciated. :)

Agreed, and I'm sick of Sony shoving that garbage in my face every time I turn on the PS3. Everybody has different tastes, something the video game companies don't seem to understand anymore.

[quote name='forweg'] Everybody has different tastes, something the video game companies don't seem to understand anymore.[/QUOTE]

The irony, it burns!

Considering hopping on PS+ just for the Final Fantasy deals, cause it'll save me about $7 (-$18 for the subscrip). On the other hand, getting PS+ just for PSP seems like kind of a waste, and I'm not quite in the market for a PS3 yet.

[quote name='forweg']Agreed, and I'm sick of Sony shoving that garbage in my face every time I turn on the PS3. Everybody has different tastes, something the video game companies don't seem to understand anymore.[/QUOTE]

You know next week is all old school Final Fantasy games on sale right? I can't think of a better example of a video game company understanding that people have different tastes than to offer CoD and FF weeks back to back.

[quote name='neuropunk']

So, I just proved to you that most people are retarded and like horrible things.[/QUOTE]
Agreed on all points. Transformers is like watching a giant commercial for Chevy, Target and whatever other companies whose products they decide to whore out. Then again, if not for all of the people who are complacent enough to watch/play/read/listen to the same rehashed crap over and over, we wouldn't have all of the remakes of everything and Howard Stern would actually have been forced to retire from his tired old shtick by now.

As for these sales, I'm soooooo glad I used my 3 free PS+ codes cuz the sales have thus far been a big pile of meh. The only semi worthwhile things since I used the codes have been the "free" games.

[quote name='kinney_bmx']You really like shitting on every single thread you enter today don't you?

People aren't retarded for having different tastes, something you should take note of.[/QUOTE]
No, just shitting on bad games, and Clone of Duty Modern Borefare and Final Hallway XIII definitely are super shitty games.

And yes, people are retarded for having different tastes. Liking country music, wrestling, final fantasy xiii, clone of duty, religion, Transformers live action movies, Avatar, Twilight, etc. = retards

[quote name='outunderstars']Seriously, this kind of crap is not needed or wanted here. Nobody cares what you think of the games that are on sale. Looking at your posts, it seems all you don here is bitch about the quality of whatever game is on sale, and then insult other users. What is wrong with you? Did you somehow get banned from gamefaqs or something?[/QUOTE]
This is a forum for people to post. I do NOT bitch about the quality of whatever game is on sale, just CoD and Casual Hallway XIII.

And no, I is not banned from GF.

Anyhow, I'm just trying to save people from awful shitty games like Hallway Fantasy XIII and generic military shootems.

[quote name='neuropunk']No, just shitting on bad games, and Clone of Duty Modern Borefare and Final Hallway XIII definitely are super shitty games.

And yes, people are retarded for having different tastes. Liking country music, wrestling, final fantasy xiii, clone of duty, religion, Transformers live action movies, Avatar, Twilight, etc. = retards

This is a forum for people to post. I do NOT bitch about the quality of whatever game is on sale, just CoD and Casual Hallway XIII.

And no, I is not banned from GF.

Anyhow, I'm just trying to save people from awful shitty games like Hallway Fantasy XIII and generic military shootems.[/QUOTE]

Too bad you don't seem to understand the definition of "opinion". Just because you think a game is shitty doesn't mean everybody does. Grow up

[quote name='kinney_bmx']Too bad you don't seem to understand the definition of "opinion". Just because you think a game is shitty doesn't mean everybody does.[/QUOTE]
Final Fantasy XIII is LITERALLY a 30 hour hallway, so the game factually sucks. It isn't just an opinion. How can you justify a 30 hour hallway?

[quote name='kinney_bmx']Grow up[/QUOTE]
Growing up consists of liking shitty games? In that case I'm not going to.

yeah final fantasy and call of duty couldn't be more different, other than making tons of money ;)
I never played FPS games until ps3, so i jumped on call of duty world at war, and i have been hooked ever since. I dont get any trophies playing multiplayer on call of duty but i do that more than other game/service.
It has alot to do with playing with friends and tearing people up. I could understand hating the game if you just played single player or if you played multiplayer by yourself and didnt do that well. but it is a fantastic feeling to get on with your clan and just steamroll every other team you are put up against. I try to play as the gambler and always use care packages (loved black ops, especially when i was able to double roll (re-gamble) on all 3 of my packages(sentry gun, care package, and anti-air turret) before they patched it. that way every round is random kill streak gifts.

im addicted tho, i get off work, go home, take care of the baby/grrls, and then toke/drnkn/killing time with my buds ;)

Neuropunk- you told us what you don't like, but what are your top ps3 games?

[quote name='neuropunk']Final Fantasy XIII is LITERALLY a 30 hour hallway, so the game factually sucks. It isn't just an opinion. How can you justify a 30 hour hallway?

Growing up consists of liking shitty games? In that case I'm not going to.[/QUOTE]
No, growing up consists of realizing that not everyone has the same tastes as you, and may like different things then you do. Just because you think a game is shitty doesn't mean it is.

You're not even worth arguing with so I'll stop there.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Growing up is realizing that people are into different things than you are and respecting that enough to not call them names.[/QUOTE]
I don't think I called anyone specific in this topic any names, pretty sure it was all vice versa, so those who called me names need to grow up.

[quote name='kinney_bmx']No, growing up consists of realizing that not everyone has the same tastes as you, and may like different things then you do. Just because you think a game is shitty doesn't mean it is.

You're not even worth arguing with so I'll stop there.[/QUOTE]
No, not everyone has the same tastes as me. That doesn't give them the right to like shitty things like Twilight movies, FFXIII, CoD and Hannah Montanna, wrestling and country music. Those things are factually bad.

And you never did respond to that hallway comment.

Edit: See Below

[quote name='neuropunk']I don't think I called anyone specific in this topic any names, pretty sure it was all vice versa, so those who called me names need to grow up.

No, not everyone has the same tastes as me. That doesn't give them the right to like shitty things like Twilight movies, FFXIII, CoD and Hannah Montanna, wrestling and country music. Those things are factually bad.

And you never did respond to that hallway comment.[/QUOTE]
I guess you didn't see the part where I said you're not worth arguing with.

XIII wasn't the first linear game. XIII is the worst FF game, but it isn't complete shit like you seem to think. Just like COD isn't complete shit.
Doesn't change anything. Nothing you mentioned is factually bad. Hannah Montana is a bloody little girl's show you shouldn't like it.

Though by the way you're acting you probably are a 12 year old girl.

[quote name='kinney_bmx']XIII is the worst FF game, but it isn't complete shit like you seem to think.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='kinney_bmx']XIII is the worst FF game[/QUOTE]

ahh, someone who gets it. However, if it is the worst Final Fantasy game, which it is, then why are you even defending it? Shouldn't you be on my side? You say it is the worst Final Fantasy, yet you want Final Fantasy to keep going down this road of betrayal? You want them to keep screwing up the FF series and betraying its fans and changing it into something it never has been, something inferior and more shallow? ...you remind me of somebody.

Correction on my part. This is my last post in this conversation. I'm not going to continue derailing Frisky's thread.

[quote name='neuropunk']ahh, someone who gets it. However, if it is the worst Final Fantasy game, which it is, then why are you even defending it? Shouldn't you be on my side? You say it is the worst Final Fantasy, yet you want Final Fantasy to keep going down this road of betrayal? You want them to keep screwing up the FF series and betraying its fans and changing it into something it never has been, something inferior and more shallow? ...you remind me of somebody.[/QUOTE]
Don't put words in my mouth. I never said I wanted FF to continue in that direction. XIII-2 is actually much better.

I'm defending it being a shitty game, while it may be a shitty FF game its not a shitty game in general. Your argument wasn't that its a shitty FF game but that its shitty in general.
That being said I still played through and I still enjoyed it, just not nearly as much as other FF games.

[quote name='neuropunk']

/QUOTE]

So not only are you a dick, you're also a liar. You know this site lets people look at your past posts right?

Heavy Rain

Bionic Comando

Borderlands

God Of War

Dark Sector

Bioshock 2

Back to to Future

Enslaved

Resident Evil

PS Vita

Earth Defense Force

And my personal favorite, hating on a sale that hasn't even been announced yet

Looking through your posts, over half involve you posting a in sale thread just to insult the game, or insulting another user by calling them an idiot, moron, or retard. You offer nothing to discussions, never post deals, and are generally unpleasant in every thread you post in.

Please go back to Gamefaqs.

[quote name='neuropunk']I don't think I called anyone specific in this topic any names, pretty sure it was all vice versa, so those who called me names need to grow up.[/QUOTE]
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9467757

You made the first move in that department even if you didn't do it at anyone here specifically.

The thing I don't get is what the point of your first post was. I get wanting to say your opinion on the current deals, but the first sentence is a clear indicator of wanting to start something with people in here since nobody was even talking about Call of Duty at that point. The ensuing posts just re-enforce that notion since you're just continuing to push this "controversial" opinion onto people in such a way that no genuine discussion can be had. You're just derailing the thread for no good reason.

[quote name='outunderstars'][quote name='neuropunk']

/QUOTE]

So not only are you a dick, you're also a liar. You know this site lets people look at your past posts right?

Heavy Rain

Bionic Comando

Borderlands

God Of War

Dark Sector

Bioshock 2

Back to to Future

Enslaved

PS Vita

Earth Defense Force

And my personal favorite, hating on a sale that hasn't even been announced yet

Looking through your posts, over half involve you posting a in sale thread just to insult the game, or insulting another user by calling them an idiot, moron, or retard. You offer nothing to discussions, never post deals, and are generally unpleasant in every thread you post in.

Please go back to Gamefaqs.[/QUOTE]
You DO know that most of those games are bad, right? LOL @ you defending Dark Sector, Boredlands, and Heavy Rain (aka worst story ever).

And I never hated on the PSP2. It's just that no video game systems have ever launched with a good library. The PS3 didn't have a good game until 3 years after its launch. Hell, the Xbox 360 still doesn't have 1 good exclusive game. And what I said in that thread wasn't an insult to the new Sony handheld. I want one very much, but there are no RPGs for it, so I'm gonna wait like 2 years to get one, for there to actually be quite a few to choose from.

So, please tell me how I was hating on the new Sony PSP2 handheld.

[quote name='outunderstars'][quote name='neuropunk']

/QUOTE]

Please go back to Gamefaqs.[/QUOTE]
I'm not a liar. I've said plenty of nice things about games and sales here.

Ahh, I see what you are doing. You're only using the stuff I've said negative things about and then you omit all the positive things I've said on this site. So, by editing what I have posted, you make it sound like I'm 100% negative, when I'm not at all. It's not nice for you to be deceptive like that and ignore the positive posts I've posted on here. Another thing you failed to mention are those other posts are years and years old, so only a couple posts that are negative in several years isn't bad at all.

[quote name='neuropunk']Final Fantasy XIII is LITERALLY a 30 hour hallway, so the game factually sucks. It isn't just an opinion. How can you justify a 30 hour hallway?[/QUOTE]

30 hour hallway? You mean, like a book? Graphic novel? Etc. Yeah, some people may enjoy a game that is in that style. You may not. Different strokes for different folks.

I am not defending the game, but your opinion is just that, your opinion. Please don't confuse your opinions with facts. Although you might think they are the same, you'd be mistaken. :bouncy:

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Growing up is realizing that people are into different things than you are and respecting that enough to not call them names.[/QUOTE]

In that case, I'm still a child because neuropunk is a dumb piece of shit.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']In that case, I'm still a child because neuropunk is a dumb piece of shit.[/QUOTE]
If I am a dumb piece of shit, then you must be a retarded piece of shit.

Wait, who are you again? Have you even posted before, or is this just a random post?

LOL, go back to your Casual Duty Modern Warfare, you jock meathead fratbro thug gangsta (or were you insulting me over Final Fantasy, because you're hurt by what I said?)

So the 50% off of Final Fantasy games for PS+ members is confirmed? I tried wading through the past few pages but I didn't see it. It seems like this is a topic about Final Fantasy XIII rather than PSN sales.

If you're bored and you want to troll because you have nothing better to do with your day, go do it on the thread dedicated to the game itself.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']In that case, I'm still a child because neuropunk is a dumb piece of shit.[/QUOTE]

I finally just started following wise advice and put him on ignore.

Back on topic: Excited to pick up the ps1 era FF games. $5 a piece is a fair price for them!

I really wish that the Working Designs Lunar games could end up on PSN, but lord only knows how difficult that would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back