PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

Index
Current Deals
Upcoming Deals & PlayStation Plus Schedule
Bundles & Vita Discounts
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals
Alternate Deals
Frequently Asked Questions

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Usually Updates Every Tuesday Between 2-6 EST

Key: * - New This Week, * - Expires With Next Update, * - Permanent Price Drop

Bundles
Game Show Party Bundle - $9.99 - Includes Family Feud, Press Your Luck, and The Price is Right *

PS3
Catherine - $19.99
Choplifter HD - $2.99 *
Dragon's Lair - $4.99 *
Family Feud - $4.99 *
Family Feud Decades - $4.99 *
Hollywood Squares - $4.99 *
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $59.99 - Pre-order w/Exclusive Theme & Pre-order Costumes - Out 11/20 *
Press Your Luck - $4.99 *
The Price is Right - $4.99 *
The Price is Right Decades - $4.99 *
Ricochet HD - $2.49
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: FES - $4.99
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - $4.99 *

Add-ons
007 Legends - 007 Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Nemesis Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Stealth Pack - Free *
DJ Hero - Hard Edge Mix Pack - $2.99
Guitar Hero III - Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack - $3.13
Guitar Hero 5 - Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack 2 - $2.75
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 7 - Free *
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 8 - Free *
Rock Band - Various Add-ons (Link for full list) - $0.99 to $9.99
Sniper Elite V2 - Multiplayer Expansion - Free *

PSP
The Red Star - $4.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona - $9.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2: Innocent Sin - $14.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable - $9.99

Vita
Frobisher Says! - Free
Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz - Free - 152 MB

Vita Add-ons
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 2 - Free - Cross Buy *
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 3 - Free - Cross Buy *

Music
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Soundtrack - $5.99 **

PlayStation Plus

PS3 Deals
Absolute Supercars - $7.99 - 20% Off *
Choplifter HD - $2.69 **
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off
Machinarium - $6.99 - 30% Off *
Super Stacker Party - $0.89 - 10% Off **

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
BloodRayne: Betrayal - 961 MB
Double Dragon Neon - 1.9 GB
Infamous 2 - 15 GB
The King of Fighters XIII - 2.2 GB
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 4.8 GB
LittleBigPlanet Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move - Location: PS3 Games > By Genre > PlayStation Move Games
Outland - 1.2 GB
PayDay: The Heist - 2.2 GB
Quantum Conundrum - 1.6 GB *
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - 14 GB
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - 7538 MB
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 176 MB

Themes
Abstract Art - Dynamic
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Dynamic
Cuckoo - Dynamic
Daytona USA
Double Dragon Neon - Dynamic
Dragon - Dynamic
Hell Yeah! - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
The House of the Dead 4 - Dynamic
I Am Alive - Dynamic
inFamous: Festival of Blood - Dynamic
Jet Set Radio - Dynamic
Leap Year - Dynamic
Mexican Skulls - Dynamic
PlayStation Plus - Dynamic
Robot - Dynamic
Samurai - Dynamic
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 - Dynamic
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Dynamic
Tales from Space: About a Blob
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Dynamic

Armageddon Riders (3)
Cool Cat
Daytona USA (5)
Dead Cloud
Double Dragon Neon (7)
Fat Princess (2)
Green Hamster
Hell Yeah! (4)
The House of the Dead III (3)
The House of the Dead 4 (3)
Jet Set Radio (6)
LittleBigPlanet (2)
Mutant Skull
Pink Hamster
PlayStation B-boy (3)
Resident Evil 5
Section 8: Prejudice Bundle
Squirrel
Stick Up Kid
Street Fighter X Tekken
Street Fighter 2
Tank Commander
Top Dawg
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (20)
Warriors Orochi 3

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I'm getting the feeling that Renegade Ops and Pac-Man CE DX may be two of the PS+ games that we'll be getting next week. The way they cobble together the list they talk about on the Blogcast, from what I understand, is that they write down a bunch of stuff from the work-in-progress list. They looked at the PS+ list at the top, which has the Summer Sale games with their PS+ discounts and the free games right below it that could easily be grouped together by somebody that's skimming the list for highlights to write down.[/QUOTE]

I sure hope not, though you're probably right. I own both from previous sales.

Also, those games wouldn't exactly help bolster my "quality over quantity" argument about the "revamped" PS+.

[quote name='lifebehindthewood']Play the demo!
Seriously what happens if Avalanche releases Just Cause 3 and it turns out they had to leave out the best stuff because they were $10 short!?
I'll come looking for you...[/QUOTE]
Don't worry. They'll just do like the rest of companies seem to be doing and charge an extra $10 for some online pass or other content. If that happens, then they can eat a dick, since I won't buy JC3 until it's $20 then outta protest.:razz:
[quote name='wrencrest']Well you definintely hold true to your name! I feel Renegade Ops is worth the $10 for people who like twin stick shooters.[/QUOTE]
While I definitely feel I would get the $10 worth of value outta the game, I just still cannot pay that much for a downloadable game that to me is unproven(to me anyway).

I think Renegade Ops will definitely be one of the free PS+ games. It's already one of them on the European marketplace and Sega has been one of the bigger supporters for Playstation Plus with Virtua Fighter 5, the Genesis pack (twice), and the discounts on Sonic, Daytona, and House of the Dead.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Don't worry. They'll just do like the rest of companies seem to be doing and charge an extra $10 for some online pass or other content. If that happens, then they can eat a dick, since I won't buy JC3 until it's $20 then outta protest.:razz:

While I definitely feel I would get the $10 worth of value outta the game, I just still cannot pay that much for a downloadable game that to me is unproven(to me anyway).[/QUOTE]

I must've put in 20-25 hours into Ren Ops. I liked it that much.
Save that $5 you were going to waste on Rock Of Ages, and put it towards Ren Ops.
I, like the other guy want as many people to play it as possible.

[quote name='rpghope18']I would kill for 90 degree weather right now... top it off having it only rained once in the past month. Also, was suppose to go to the ball game tonight downtown, but probably going for the promotion item and if it is still too hot just leaving. How do these highs look?!... ugh. It was up to 107 yesterday as well. On topic, looking forward to Renegade for free since held off on getting it. Some of the Summer Sale games look decent, but think some of them will be cheaper down the road.

7day.jpg
[/QUOTE]
I saw those highs and I'm kinda glad I live where I do.:booty: But I still wish it would be like it was a week or two ago. It was in the mid 70's with no humidity. That was nice.:)

For what it's worth I didn't think Renegade Ops was that great. I got it for $7.50 and spent about 6 hours with it to beat the campaign once. It was fun but I never had any desire to replay it after I beat it.

[quote name='tylerh1701']For what it's worth I didn't think Renegade Ops was that great. I got it for $7.50 and spent about 6 hours with it to beat the campaign once. It was fun but I never had any desire to replay it after I beat it.[/QUOTE]

I'm with you (and apparently in the minority), but I did play it on PC via Steam which may diminish the playability of it. Once I started doing a bunch of "take people from A to B" fetch rounds I got irritated and called it quits.

[quote name='lifebehindthewood']LOL you must've read my comment on the Blog:

+ AsiaQatar on June 29th, 2012 at 9:57 am said:
Ok my guess as to why Renegade Ops and PAC Man are not on the list?
The podcast guys got their info a little wrong and these 2 games will be free for PS+ members on Tuesday as the other 3 games are rotated out.
The third free game? Motorstorm Apocolypse.
Watch…[/QUOTE]
oh hell yes. i was gonna buy pac man anyway. and isn't renegade ops the top down shooter from the guys that made just cause 2? looks like a great ps+ update. motorstorm would make it specatcular.

Both of those (Pac-Man CE DX and Renegade Ops) are fantastic games and more people especially need to play Renegade Ops. Speaking of Renegade Ops, I need to finish the DLC campaign.

[quote name='SpiderKnight']Renedage Ops is okay. Not worth at $15 but okay for $7[/QUOTE]

I concur verbatim. It is a mindlessly fun game, not complicated or anything, just drive around and shoot and blow stuff up. Don't expect Deus Ex in cars or you'll be way disappointed.

I agree it's not for everyone, it's kinda old school gameplay with today's graphics.

I solo'd it (Renegade Ops). I don't do much co-op cuz I don't have anyone else I know who plays games like that (they play Madden, COD, etc) and I don't like doing online co-op.

Pac-Man DX was okay too, but I don't quite understand what all the hubbub was about (IGN gave it a 10/10, I believe). I mean yeah, it's cool and interesting and has some fun ideas like eating 100 ghosts at a time. But I'm not gonna sink 20+ hours into Pacman just to climb leaderboards.

[quote name='PublikDefender']oh hell yes. i was gonna buy pac man anyway. and isn't renegade ops the top down shooter from the guys that made just cause 2? looks like a great ps+ update. motorstorm would make it specatcular.[/QUOTE]

I'd be really happy if it were PAC-Man and Motorstorm Apocolypse for this week too.
And more people playing RenOps is good with me.:D

What I'm really looking forward to on this weeks Plus update though, is the "Expiring Soon" section.
Because I hope 3 more games will be getting replaced next week too.
If they just keep them up there, there's no incentive for non-users to jump onboard ASAP, which is what their whole intention was with the IGC in the first place.
We'll see.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']For anybody that was waiting for it, The Walking Dead Episode 2 is on the store now. Look for it in the New Add-ons Section.[/QUOTE]
Been waiting for this, thank you!:bouncy:

if i didn't care much for sam and max and couldnt get myself to finish back to the future im guessing i wont like the walking dead? even though zombies are one of my favorite themes...

Anyone know whatever happened to that Storm game? I know it was mistakenly put up for about half an hour, but silence since.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Just going by the trailer for it, I probably would like Renegade Ops. But unless it's like a $5 title I'll probably feel I paid too much for it.

Although I may buy Rock Of Ages for laughs for $5, assuming that's not also a PS+ price.:roll:[/QUOTE]

I'd pass on Rock of Ages. Normally I only post recommending good games (good PSN games like Dead Nation, Trine 1+2, Journey) but I got Rock of Ages for free as PS+ and I didn't enjoy it. The novelty of paper figures out of mythology and rolling a ball down a ramp to destroy a door to squash a paper enemy wears off after 2 or 3 levels.

The ball control is pretty bad (I love Marble Madness, play that instead if possible) and the tower defense aspect isn't fun. While you wait for your next ball to be made, you have the option to tower defense build so the enemies ball doesn't hit your door. I dunno, I'd just feel bad if I paid even $5 for the game.

I am looking forward to Renegade Ops and Pacman though.

Called it!
In reply to a question about the 'missing' PAC-man o. The PSBlog

+ Paul Sullivan on June 29th, 2012 at 2:27 pm said:
That’s a part of the next batch of PlayStation Plus games. More details coming Monday at 11AM Pacific.

Sorry for the ninja move there Frisky.
So it looks like we were right, which means you can probably expect RenOps free on Tuesday.
Something else I was thinking about regarding why SOTC is being discounted this week and not ICO as well.

I have a hunch ICO will be free to Plus this month also.

Dammit, sales only a week long :(. Any other way to access the PS3's store without access to it? (I would try remote play, but i really dont want to leave my PS3 on standby for 10 days, especially with the bad storms here lately)

As seems to be the case for others, Journey isn't showing up in my PS+ section in spite of the discount showing just fine when searched for. Does anyone know if its discount ends this Tuesday or next?

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It ends on Tuesday. You don't already own it?[/QUOTE]

Not yet. I have the strong suspicion that it's going to become one of my very favorite games, so I've been saving it for myself. Really great works only come around so often.

It's like Sony gave up in vita before it even came out....wtf its the most powerful handheld and has great design, why are there no games besides ps3 fighter game ports?

It's like people expect way too much. They act as if the 3DS had a good launch lineup like the Vita has had. I mean honestly...

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']It's like Sony gave up in vita before it even came out....wtf its the most powerful handheld and has great design, why are there no games besides ps3 fighter game ports?[/QUOTE]
Great design?:whistle2:s It's a PSP that's been upscaled in size with a second stick and front/rear touch screens added. While it may be more powerful than the PSP, it's form factor is basically the same damn shape as the PSP 1000-3000 models just a bit larger really.

Hopefully this lack of support means it'll see a fire sale like the PSPGo and I'll eventually pick one up.;)

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']why are there no games besides ps3 fighter game ports?[/QUOTE]

Really? Idiot.

And why is it that every time there is no Vita sale, people say Sony isn't supporting the Vita? Maybe they don't need to put Vita games on sale because they're still selling?

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']It's like Sony gave up in vita before it even came out....wtf its the most powerful handheld and has great design, why are there no games besides ps3 fighter game ports?[/QUOTE]

you're joking right?

I actually wish the Vita never existed at this point. Complainers have just absolutely overtaken any decent Playstation forum I read, including the incessant whining on the Playstation blog.

sony should have concentrated on phones anyway. a top of the line sony phone with great hardware and design, vanilla android, and a psn store/suite would smoke the competition. look at how crappy samsung's galaxy phones are. yet they are selling like hotcakes.

[quote name='PublikDefender']sony should have concentrated on phones anyway. a top of the line sony phone with great hardware and design, vanilla android, and a psn store/suite would smoke the competition. look at how crappy samsung's galaxy phones are. yet they are selling like hotcakes.[/QUOTE]

The Xperia Play is so bad.

[quote name='tylerh1701']I actually wish the Vita never existed at this point. Complainers have just absolutely overtaken any decent Playstation forum I read, including the incessant whining on the Playstation blog.[/QUOTE]

I blame the 3DS price drop. I'm 99% sure these complainers figure that if they constantly whine about it and talk about how terrible the Vita is, they'll make the Vita cheaper.

This system easily has the best launch lineup in recent memory and its library already rivals the library of the 3DS, yet people keep saying there are no games.

[quote name='elessar123']The Xperia Play is so bad.[/QUOTE]
well yeah, but they just need to make a slate style phone superior to the galaxy nexus. they can still put together some gorgeous hardware if they put their minds to it.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I blame the 3DS price drop. I'm 99% sure these complainers figure that if they constantly whine about it and talk about how terrible the Vita is, they'll make the Vita cheaper.

This system easily has the best launch lineup in recent memory and its library already rivals the library of the 3DS, yet people keep saying there are no games.[/QUOTE]

Good points. And OMG Vita owners think they are entitled to sales on the digital version of every game on the store. Most these games have been out 1-5 months, rarely does digital content go on sale that quickly, ESPECIALLY full digital games.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Good points. And OMG Vita owners think they are entitled to sales on the digital version of every game on the store. Most these games have been out 1-5 months, rarely does digital content go on sale that quickly, ESPECIALLY full digital games.[/QUOTE]
That really needs to change though. I really don't see the point in buying digital when you can buy a physical copy.

Let's look at a recent example: The Amazing Spider-man. To buy it on PSN, you have to pay $59.99. You would be using hard drive space and if you don't like the game, you're screwed. You're stuck with it forever. If I wanted a physical copy, I'd go to Best Buy, pay the exact same $59.99, get one of the first 3 movies on blu-ray for free with it, get $10 off the new movie in theaters (comes with the blu-ray), not waste hard drive space, and be able to sell the game if I don't like it. It makes no sense to buy digital in this case.

It's not even just release week with bonuses like the blu-ray. I guarantee this game won't go on sale digitally for AT LEAST 3 months. I'll definitely be able to find a physical copy for $40, or maybe even less, within a month and a half.

[quote name='godofuncharted']that really needs to change though. I really don't see the point in buying digital when you can buy a physical copy.

Let's look at a recent example: The amazing spider-man. To buy it on psn, you have to pay $59.99. You would be using hard drive space and if you don't like the game, you're screwed. You're stuck with it forever. If i wanted a physical copy, i'd go to best buy, pay the exact same $59.99, get one of the first 3 movies on blu-ray for free with it, get $10 off the new movie in theaters (comes with the blu-ray), not waste hard drive space, and be able to sell the game if i don't like it. It makes no sense to buy digital in this case.

It's not even just release week with bonuses like the blu-ray. I guarantee this game won't go on sale digitally for at least 3 months. I'll definitely be able to find a physical copy for $40, or maybe even less, within a month and a half.[/quote]

THEN GO BUY THE PHYSICAL COPY.

If you don't see the point, don't buy it. Complaining about it is useless. Vote with your wallet.

Quick question guys.

I have a free 30 day PS+ code for buying ICO/SotC off Amazon. If I use the code during this upcoming summer sale, can I still get the games for the PS+ sale prices and keep those games after my free 30 day PS+ expires?

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']Quick question guys.

I have a free 30 day PS+ code for buying ICO/SotC off Amazon. If I use the code during this upcoming summer sale, can I still get the games for the PS+ sale prices and keep those games after my free 30 day PS+ expires?[/QUOTE]
Yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back