PSN Weekly Deals - 11/13: Game Show & Persona Sale! 11/19: PS+ on Vita Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

Index
Current Deals
Upcoming Deals & PlayStation Plus Schedule
Bundles & Vita Discounts
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals
Alternate Deals
Frequently Asked Questions

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Usually Updates Every Tuesday Between 2-6 EST

Key: * - New This Week, * - Expires With Next Update, * - Permanent Price Drop

Bundles
Game Show Party Bundle - $9.99 - Includes Family Feud, Press Your Luck, and The Price is Right *

PS3
Catherine - $19.99
Choplifter HD - $2.99 *
Dragon's Lair - $4.99 *
Family Feud - $4.99 *
Family Feud Decades - $4.99 *
Hollywood Squares - $4.99 *
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $59.99 - Pre-order w/Exclusive Theme & Pre-order Costumes - Out 11/20 *
Press Your Luck - $4.99 *
The Price is Right - $4.99 *
The Price is Right Decades - $4.99 *
Ricochet HD - $2.49
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: FES - $4.99
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - $4.99 *

Add-ons
007 Legends - 007 Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Nemesis Pack - Free *
007 Legends - Stealth Pack - Free *
DJ Hero - Hard Edge Mix Pack - $2.99
Guitar Hero III - Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack - $3.13
Guitar Hero 5 - Lynyrd Skynyrd Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack - $2.75
Guitar Hero World Tour - Hendrix Track Pack 2 - $2.75
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 7 - Free *
Mugen Souls - Jiggly Transmission and Equipment Pack 8 - Free *
Rock Band - Various Add-ons (Link for full list) - $0.99 to $9.99
Sniper Elite V2 - Multiplayer Expansion - Free *

PSP
The Red Star - $4.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona - $9.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 2: Innocent Sin - $14.99
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable - $9.99

Vita
Frobisher Says! - Free
Treasures Of Montezuma Blitz - Free - 152 MB

Vita Add-ons
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 2 - Free - Cross Buy *
Street Fighter X Tekken - Special Color Palette 3 - Free - Cross Buy *

Music
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Soundtrack - $5.99 **

PlayStation Plus

PS3 Deals
Absolute Supercars - $7.99 - 20% Off *
Choplifter HD - $2.69 **
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off
Machinarium - $6.99 - 30% Off *
Super Stacker Party - $0.89 - 10% Off **

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
BloodRayne: Betrayal - 961 MB
Double Dragon Neon - 1.9 GB
Infamous 2 - 15 GB
The King of Fighters XIII - 2.2 GB
LittleBigPlanet 2 - 4.8 GB
LittleBigPlanet Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move - Location: PS3 Games > By Genre > PlayStation Move Games
Outland - 1.2 GB
PayDay: The Heist - 2.2 GB
Quantum Conundrum - 1.6 GB *
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One - 14 GB
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - 7538 MB
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - 176 MB

Themes
Abstract Art - Dynamic
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Dynamic
Cuckoo - Dynamic
Daytona USA
Double Dragon Neon - Dynamic
Dragon - Dynamic
Hell Yeah! - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
The House of the Dead 4 - Dynamic
I Am Alive - Dynamic
inFamous: Festival of Blood - Dynamic
Jet Set Radio - Dynamic
Leap Year - Dynamic
Mexican Skulls - Dynamic
PlayStation Plus - Dynamic
Robot - Dynamic
Samurai - Dynamic
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1 - Dynamic
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Dynamic
Tales from Space: About a Blob
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Dynamic

Armageddon Riders (3)
Cool Cat
Daytona USA (5)
Dead Cloud
Double Dragon Neon (7)
Fat Princess (2)
Green Hamster
Hell Yeah! (4)
The House of the Dead III (3)
The House of the Dead 4 (3)
Jet Set Radio (6)
LittleBigPlanet (2)
Mutant Skull
Pink Hamster
PlayStation B-boy (3)
Resident Evil 5
Section 8: Prejudice Bundle
Squirrel
Stick Up Kid
Street Fighter X Tekken
Street Fighter 2
Tank Commander
Top Dawg
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (20)
Warriors Orochi 3

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='FerDK']Yep, I was pointing out the retail games for each region on the lists made by tylerh1701.
Don't get me wrong, I LOVE PS+ and I don't complain, I just think we need some balance between USA and Europe retail and PSN free games.

:)[/QUOTE]

To be fair, EU has always been the "best plus". Prior to the instant game collection days, they gave away plenty of unique dynamic themes (2 a month I believe) and several avatars. Some of the themes went to other regions over time, but many of the avatars never crossed region. As far as more games coming over, I am really on the fence with that.

On one hand it was awesome getting King of Fighters, but on the other I see space coming into play. Starhawk was 10 gb if I recall and several other games were in that range. Lets also not forget that many of these games can be had for as much (or less) than the PSN titles we get in the US. I rather get more games like Double Dragon Neon, which are fun / enjoyable and new so I don't go "aw I wish I had waited" or "another week where I don't get anything new".

[quote name='admiralvic']Set your region as Europe? (come on... use some common sense) and no. EU supports paypal I guess, so you can use that.[/QUOTE]

you can only use paypal if your paypal account is tied to that country which means US can't create an EU account and use paypal on it, unless they have a paypal account tied to the country in which they ade the paypal account.

Example:
You make an UK account you need to have your paypal account tied to your with an UK address otherwise it won't work

http://en.support.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2949

If your Sony Entertainment Network account is registered in one of the countries listed below, then you can top-up your wallet with PayPal™ using our Account Management site:
Austria
Luxembourg
Belgium
Netherlands
Finland
Portugal
France
Slovenia
Greece
Spain
Ireland
United Kingdom
Italy

Please note that your PayPal™ account must be registered in the same country as your Sony Entertainment Network account. For example, if your Sony Entertainment Network account was set up in France, you will only be able to use PayPal™ if your PayPal™ account billing address is also in France.

[quote name='admiralvic']To be fair, EU has always been the "best plus". Prior to the instant game collection days, they gave away plenty of unique dynamic themes (2 a month I believe) and several avatars. Some of the themes went to other regions over time, but many of the avatars never crossed region. As far as more games coming over, I am really on the fence with that.

On one hand it was awesome getting King of Fighters, but on the other I see space coming into play. Starhawk was 10 gb if I recall and several other games were in that range. Lets also not forget that many of these games can be had for as much (or less) than the PSN titles we get in the US. I rather get more games like Double Dragon Neon, which are fun / enjoyable and new so I don't go "aw I wish I had waited" or "another week where I don't get anything new".[/QUOTE]

KOF XIII was a great addition, DD Neon and Scott Pilgrim are really fun (specially if you couch co-op with some friends).
Hope to see at PS+ in the near future:
- Metal Gear Solid (PSOne)
- God Hand (Ps2)
- Plant vs Zombies (I know it was free before but I missed that sale)
- Trine (same as PvZ)
- Okami HD
- Catherine
- Lollipop Chainsaw
- Castlevania Lords of Shadow.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I just read two pages of the comments on the PS Blog post about the Plus update. I think I need to take a shower.[/QUOTE]

:applause:
I swear that some of those kids that comment at the PS US Blog are complete retards.

Awesome! I just read that the WWE 13 axxess pass is only $10 for plus users. I usually get my WWE games on xbox but decided to get this one on ps3 for some reason. That worked out nicely!

Might as well mention this, but it seems there's a V4.31 update available. It's optional, & it's mainly for stability, particularly for Monster Hunter Portable 3 HD.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I just read two pages of the comments on the PS Blog post about the Plus update. I think I need to take a shower.[/QUOTE]

Haha ya that's what prompted me to write my blog post here. It gets worse every week over there.

Ok, I know I'm late to the party, but I'm finally getting around to playing Spelunker HD. And it's one of the most boring games I've ever seen. Ever.

I can also finally settle the debate as to why games like Demons/Dark Souls are revered for their difficulty, and games like Spelunker are hated. It's because the Souls series isnt based off shitty controls and an incredibly poor detection system. There's a difference between being difficult because it was designed that way, and being difficult because it's such a poorly put together game.

[quote name='admiralvic']Set your region as Europe? (come on... use some common sense) and no. EU supports paypal I guess, so you can use that.[/QUOTE]

I just used my credit card. Put all the information in correctly. It wouldn't let me change the UK but surprisingly it took it.

[quote name='captaintek3304']Ok, I know I'm late to the party, but I'm finally getting around to playing Spelunker HD. And it's one of the most boring games I've ever seen. Ever.

I can also finally settle the debate as to why games like Demons/Dark Souls are revered for their difficulty, and games like Spelunker are hated. It's because the Souls series isnt based off shitty controls and an incredibly poor detection system. There's a difference between being difficult because it was designed that way, and being difficult because it's such a poorly put together game.[/QUOTE]

Glad you could finally settle this debate without any bias or baseless facts. Can't wait to read the review! :roll:

[quote name='admiralvic']Glad you could finally settle this debate without any bias or baseless facts. Can't wait to read the review! :roll:[/QUOTE]

I originally wrote a lengthy response, but then realized I would be debating against someone who has yet to concede on this board that they might be wrong about something. I'll just quit while I'm ahead.

[quote name='captaintek3304']I originally wrote a lengthy response, but then realized I would be debating against someone who has yet to concede on this board that they might be wrong about something. I'll just quit while I'm ahead.[/QUOTE]

I've conceded many times that I was wrong about things, but I guess a win is a win and I won't complain.

[quote name='INCyr']Does anyone know how large Okami HD is?[/QUOTE]

I'm also curious about this. Makes me sick that my 500GB hard drive will be full soon. I blame this trend of most AAA games requiring a 4-5 Gig install. Sure I could delete a bunch of those to make room, but I like the idea of being able to throw in any game I own and play right away (as opposed to waiting 20 min for an install). Oh well.

[quote name='captaintek3304']Ok, I know I'm late to the party, but I'm finally getting around to playing Spelunker HD. And it's one of the most boring games I've ever seen. Ever.

I can also finally settle the debate as to why games like Demons/Dark Souls are revered for their difficulty, and games like Spelunker are hated. It's because the Souls series isnt based off shitty controls and an incredibly poor detection system. There's a difference between being difficult because it was designed that way, and being difficult because it's such a poorly put together game.[/QUOTE]

Assuming you're not just trolling, I'll respond. I enjoyed Spelunker HD so far. I definitely don't think Spelunker HD is poorly put together. The game works as it is intended, and is plenty fair to me, just difficult.

That being said, I don't like blisteringly hard games. I don't know how far I'll make it through Spelunker HD, but so far I've enjoyed my time and enjoyed getting better at the game.

Demon Souls was super boring to me. It's been forever since I played it, but the action was incredibly dull and retracing my steps over and over got old real quick.

[quote name='admiralvic']Glad you could finally settle this debate without any bias or baseless facts. Can't wait to read the review! :roll:[/QUOTE]

:applause:

[quote name='mpaullin']I'm also curious about this. Makes me sick that my 500GB hard drive will be full soon. I blame this trend of most AAA games requiring a 4-5 Gig install. Sure I could delete a bunch of those to make room, but I like the idea of being able to throw in any game I own and play right away (as opposed to waiting 20 min for an install). Oh well.[/QUOTE]

This thread at Gamefaqs says the Wii version is about 4GB and PS2 version is about 3GB, for what that's worth.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry guys, I thought we could joke around and have opinions. But I forgot that some people get their panties in a bunch when you don't like the same games they do.

That being said...yay Spelunker! ZOMG I can't believe you 100%!!!!

[quote name='captaintek3304']...it's one of the most boring games I've ever seen. Ever...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='captaintek3304']...shitty controls and an incredibly poor detection system...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='captaintek3304']...such a poorly put together game.[/QUOTE]

You weren't joking around. You were insulting a game you knew a lot of people in this thread enjoyed. You are the one "with your panties in a bunch" who can't seem to handle that others actually enjoyed Spelunker HD.

[quote name='mpaullin']I'm also curious about this. Makes me sick that my 500GB hard drive will be full soon. I blame this trend of most AAA games requiring a 4-5 Gig install. Sure I could delete a bunch of those to make room, but I like the idea of being able to throw in any game I own and play right away (as opposed to waiting 20 min for an install). Oh well.[/QUOTE]

I think the larger install times aren't an indication of anything being wrong. If anything, the bigger the file, the more that it contains. To me, this is one of the strongest benefits of digital media...the fact that it's not limited by the size of a disc or cartridge. Unfortunately, 95% of major games are developed with the intent of being a disc/cartridge, so digital doesn't have a chance to shine in one of the few areas it really could.

But imagine...if games weren't limited to a certain size, there would be no need for compression of audio, video, or textures. Everything would look and sound gorgeous as long as developers had the right tools at their disposal. But it's going to be a loooooong time before digital overcomes physical media as the standard.

Ever play NES games? Ninja Gaiden? EDIT: Or I could totally be missing the sarcasm.

[quote name='tylerh1701']You weren't joking around. You were insulting a game you knew a lot of people in this thread enjoyed. You are the one "with your panties in a bunch" who can't seem to handle that others actually enjoyed Spelunker HD.[/QUOTE]

Clearly I was joking around. Any person who "settles a debate" with an insult, is not serious. I guess I misunderstood this thread's ability to pick up on sarcasm. Won't happen again, sir!

[quote name='tylerh1701']You weren't joking around. You were insulting a game you knew a lot of people in this thread enjoyed. You are the one "with your panties in a bunch" who can't seem to handle that others actually enjoyed Spelunker HD.[/QUOTE]

I think the biggest issue was...

[quote name='captaintek3304']...I can also finally settle the debate...[/QUOTE]

Not only does that imply your opinion is a fact (which it's not), it instantly throws the book out on having a debate, since you already believe you know it all. I think Tyler was right about this being a troll attempt, but in the off chance it's not, thats why. Finally, if you want to throw out opinions on a game, at least have more knowledge on it. According to your trophies you haven't beat 10 levels (out of 100... 200 with DLC... 400 with online), yet you automatically dismiss your inability to do something as a flaw with the game.

--edit--

[quote name='captaintek3304']Clearly I was joking around. Any person who "settles a debate" with an insult, is not serious. I guess I misunderstood this thread's ability to pick up on sarcasm. Won't happen again, sir![/QUOTE]

Clearly you weren't, since you instantly replied to me with an insult.

[quote name='captaintek3304']I originally wrote a lengthy response, but then realized I would be debating against someone who has yet to concede on this board that they might be wrong about something. I'll just quit while I'm ahead.[/QUOTE]

With this, I am going to definitely assume this is a troll attempt or something just as stupid. Either or, this is the last I am going to say on the subject.

[quote name='the4thnobleman']I need power to come back on! I still need to spend $10 or so to get my $20. Stupid hurricane Sandy Vagina![/QUOTE]

Sigged. :applause:

Yea, that guy wasn't joking. He was being an ass, got called out for being an ass, didn't like being called an ass, now is trying to cover for being an ass.

And if he was joking, his subtlety and comedic timing needs some serious work.

I'm wondering if I should grab Blood Festival before it's too late. I didn't really care for Infamous 1, but have Infamous 2 and this would complete the package.

So it looks like Closure and Okami are definites as of right now.

[quote name='admiralvic']I think the biggest issue was...

Not only does that imply your opinion is a fact (which it's not), it instantly throws the book out on having a debate, since you already believe you know it all. I think Tyler was right about this being a troll attempt, but in the off chance it's not, thats why. Finally, if you want to throw out opinions on a game, at least have more knowledge on it. According to your trophies you haven't beat 10 levels (out of 100... 200 with DLC... 400 with online), yet you automatically dismiss your inability to do something as a flaw with the game.

--edit--

Clearly you weren't, since you instantly replied to me with an insult.

With this, I am going to definitely assume this is a troll attempt or something just as stupid. Either or, this is the last I am going to say on the subject.[/QUOTE]

An opinion is not a fact...they teach you that in 3rd grade for crying out loud. If someone starts a sentence with a "serious" tone and then completes it with a tone that does not sync with that start, clearly we're talking about sarcasm.

If I were to go on any forum and say something like: "I can finally settle the debate on why 24 is not the greatest TV show of all time. While both contain terribly cliche writing at times, 24 fails because it doesn't contain enough smoke monsters and has shitty terrorist plots. " Are you going to take that seriously?

Clearly the tone of the post is not serious, if I'm attempting to critique one thing for lacking in a thing that something else possesses. There is a fact that while 24 does not contain smoke monsters, Spelunker also doesn't have a good control scheme. While both Lost and 24 are considered to be good but sometimes cliche...Spelunker and the Souls series are both considered overly difficult.

I guess I'm pointless in arguing here, because as I foreshadowed, admiral doesn't tend to admit he's wrong about things. He also can't pick up on sarcasm very well.

And finally, regardless of whether a post is a joke or not, if you respond with an insult, expect to get one back. I realize that's childish on my part, but can you say any different of yourself?

I will shy away from making sarcastic posts in the future, since we're dealing with a 1st grade mentality here.

EDIT: And you're right, I haven't finished more than 10 levels. But I'm still playing. If I was being serious about how shitty a game this is, I would have just called it off after the first stage. But weird...I called it all those names...yet I'm still playing it. So does that mean...maybe I wasn't as serious as you had thought I was? You looked at my trophy card, so you know I have a 60% completion rate, and don't stick around with games I'm not at least having fun with.

EDIT 2: Also, I realize I've been entirely on the defensive. I will apologize if my post was misconstrued as serious, as that was not the intention. And this is my last post on it. Reply if you want, I probably won't even read it.

How long of a game is Okami HD? It look amazing, and I'd just like to know how much content is available to be had here. Worth noting when it comes to adventure games of this nature I'm a complete freak.

[quote name='Ryan_gf']How long of a game is Okami HD? It look amazing, and I'd just like to know how much content is available to be had here. Worth noting when it comes to adventure games of this nature I'm a complete freak.[/QUOTE]

Very very long- longer than most Zelda's at least 30 hours

[quote name='gentlyporking']Yea, that guy wasn't joking. He was being an ass, got called out for being an ass, didn't like being called an ass, now is trying to cover for being an ass.

And if he was joking, his subtlety and comedic timing needs some serious work.[/QUOTE]

This, this, and this.

Sarcasm is an art and if he was being sarcastic, he's a kindergarten finger painter.

[quote name='captaintek3304']I'm curious...what comes after the main game that takes an extra 5 hours?[/QUOTE]

Probably collectibles. I've never played it so I have no idea. Usually, the "main game+" accounts for trophies/achievements, but since this hasn't had any before today, it can't be that. So, in all actuality, the trophies might add even more to the game's length.

[quote name='captaintek3304']I'm curious...what comes after the main game that takes an extra 5 hours?[/QUOTE]

Main+ usually just means that not only did you do what was required to beat the game, you did side quests, collectibles, etc, but you didn't do everything (100% completion). It keeps from skewing the just to beat the game entries.

At least I hope that is what it means because I have been using that site for years heh.

I kind of envy all of the people who are going to be experiencing Okami for the first time. For my money, it out-Zelda's most Zelda games while being totally innovative. And now you get it in glorious HD with motion controls? Don't be surprised if you find this taking precedent over a lot of the AAA new releases in your respective backlogs.

[quote name='mpaullin']I kind of envy all of the people who are going to be experiencing Okami for the first time. For my money, it out-Zelda's most Zelda games while being totally innovative. And now you get it in glorious HD with motion controls? Don't be surprised if you find this taking precedent over a lot of the AAA new releases in your respective backlogs.[/QUOTE]

Damn that's a quite a compliment for the game. I played about 2 hours of Okami on Wii and it was ok but kind of slow (to be fair, every recent Zelda game starts slow as molasses) but I'm looking forward to really digging into this game, despite that fact that I usually try to avoid 40+ hour games.

Tried to buy costume quest complete and it says "This content cannot be accessed on your account."
Not sure exactly what the problem is... I tried to buy it but didn't have enough funds. Tried to add a prepaid credit card and it wouldn't work. I then bought a PSN $20 code from amazon and funded my wallet and now this. Doesn't appear the store has updated yet as I do not see Okami.
Any suggestions?

I think there will be an update soon as all of the Halloween sales games are reverted back to their standard prices.

[quote name='KnotInMud12']Tried to buy costume quest complete and it says "This content cannot be accessed on your account."
Not sure exactly what the problem is... I tried to buy it but didn't have enough funds. Tried to add a prepaid credit card and it wouldn't work. I then bought a PSN $20 code from amazon and funded my wallet and now this. Doesn't appear the store has updated yet as I do not see Okami.
Any suggestions?[/QUOTE]

Are you in PS +? I'm thinking it may have been a free game at some point and that's why.

[quote name='helix2']I think there will be an update soon as all of the Halloween sales games are reverted back to their standard prices.[/QUOTE]

I see that now. Missed by about 5 minutes apparently.

The set was part of the special and not a normal store item. That's why I keep getting that message.

[quote name='gunstar808']Is Kenka Bancho not on sale anymore? Or did the sale not start yet?[/QUOTE]It was on sale last week, so perhaps it only lasted a week and the deal ended today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back