PSN Weekly Deals - 3/4: PSN Awards & Free MotorStorm RC Vita! 3/13 Spring Fever Sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

If you enjoy the work that I put into this and the other threads I run on this site, feel free to vote for me in the Cheapy Awards' CAG Community Award category.

Index
Current Deals
Alternate Deals
Upcoming Deals (Post #2)
February 2012 PlayStation Plus Offerings (Post #2)
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals (Post #2)
Frequently Asked Questions (Post #2)

Current Deals (Full Update Here)

Bundles

PS3
Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood - $20.99 - Ends 3/13
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance - $8.99 - Ends 3/13
Fancy Pants Adventures - $4.99
God of War: Origins Collection - $27.99 - Ends 3/13
Hydrophobia: Prophecy - $2.99 - Temporary Sale
Infamous Festival of Blood - $6.99 - Ends 3/13
Jurassic Park: The Game - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Just Cause 2 - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Limbo - $10.49 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil 4 - $13.99 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil Code Veronica X - $9.99
Space Ace - $4.99
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition - $10.49 - Ends 3/13

PSP
Cabela’s African Safari - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Cabela’s Dangerous Hunts Ultimate Challenge - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Cabela’s North American Adventures - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Bandicoot: Mind Over Mutant - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Tag Team Racing - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy - $20.99 - Ends 3/13
DJMax Portable 3 - $19.99
Gun: Showdown - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Monster Jam: Path Of Destruction - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Rapala Trophies - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Super Monkey Ball Adventure - $9.99
Swat: Target Liberty - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop

PS1 Classics
Chrono Trigger - $6.99 - Ends 3/13

Minis
Angry Birds - $2.79 - Ends 3/13

Vita
MLB 12: The Show - $34.99 - 2.8 GB
MotorStorm RC Presented By Scion - Free - 646 MB
Unit 13 - $35.99 - 1.2 GB

PlayStation Plus

Deals
Angry Birds - PSP/PS3 - $1.95 - Ends 3/13
Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood - $14.69 - Ends 3/13
Chrono Trigger - PSP/PS3 - $4.89 - Ends 3/13
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy - PSP - $14.69 - Ends 3/13
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance - $6.29 - Ends 3/13
God of War: Origins Collection - $19.59 - Ends 3/13
Infamous Festival of Blood - $4.89 - Ends 3/13
Killzone 3 Multiplayer - $7.50
Limbo - $7.34 - Ends 3/13
MotorStorm RC - $7.49 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil 4 - $9.79 - Ends 3/13
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition - $7.34 - Ends 3/13
Touchdown Fever - PSP/PS3 - $2.39
Worms: Ultimate Mayhem - $11.99

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
Battle Fantasia
Bermuda Triangle - PSP/PS3
Fatal Inertia
Hamsterball
Inferno Pool
Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom
Orbit - PSP/PS3
Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves
Sega Genesis Bundle - Includes the Six Games Below
Altered Beast
Comix Zone
Golden Axe
Sonic 1
Sonic 2
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Racoonus - 5.2 GB
Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
Streets of Rage 2
Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle Cars
Um Jammer Lammy - PSP/PS3

Qore
Qore Episode 46 - March 2012

Add-ons
Dungeon Defenders - PlayStation Plus Exclusive DLC - Free

Themes
Leap Year - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
Start The Party 2 - Dynamic

Asura's Wrath Bundle - $0.99
The House of the Dead III (3)
Jak and Daxter Collection (2)
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Bundle 4 - $0.99
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Bundle 3 - $0.99

Alternate Deals (Deals not available in the PS Store)

PlayStation Network Cards
$20 code - GameStop.com - $19.99
$20 code - BestBuy.com - $20.00
$50 code - GameStop.com - $49.99
$50 code - BestBuy.com - $50.00

PS3
Age of Booty - GameStop.com - $4.99
Digger HD - GameStop.com - $4.99
Fat Princess - BestBuy.com - $7.99
Superstars V8 Racing - GameStop.com - $7.49

Minis
Awesome Summer Minis Bundle (A Space Shooter for 2 Bucks, Young Thor, Zombie Tycoon, and Widget Odyssey 1 & 2) - GameStop.com - $4.99

PS1
Crash Bandicoot - GameStop.com - $2.99 - 50% off
Jet Moto - GameStop.com - $2.99 - 50% off

PSP
Aedis Eclipse: Generation of Chaos - GameStop.com - $5.99 - 25% off
Blade Dancer: Lineage of Light - GameStop.com - $5.99 - 25% off
CLADUN: This is an RPG! - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 50% off
Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 33% off
Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days - GameStop.com - $14.99 - 25% off
Disgaea Infinite - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 47% off
Dragoneer's Aria - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Mana Khemia: Student Alliance - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Phantom Brave: The Hermuda Triangle - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 50% off
Prinny: Can I Really Be The Hero? - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Prinny 2: Dawn of Operation Panties, Dood! - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 66% off
Z.H.P.: Unlosing Ranger vs. Darkdeath Evilman - GameStop.com - $19.99 - 33% off

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, PS+ shows it's worth once again with so many freebies and discounts this month. The initial 50 dollar investment has paid itself off many times over. I'll definitely be resubscribing again for another 15 months for sure.

[quote name='Fighterspledge']Man, PS+ shows it's worth once again with so many freebies and discounts this month. The initial 50 dollar investment has paid itself off many times over. I'll definitely be resubscribing again for another 15 months for sure.[/QUOTE]

just wondering, what happens to all of the PS+ discounted games that were purchased during the time?

I know that all the free games that are given out with membership are unplayable when your membership expires, but what happens to the games that were offered at a discount price?? I'm guessing that it remains active after the subscription???

:( I would've done the PS+ thing if those free games remained after the subscription ends... Can anybody else convince me of subscribing to PS+?? What else about it am I missing out??

Thanks in advance... Gonna get street fighter alpha.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011...ystation-network-gamers-choice-award-winners/

5490402358_8e9a349f54.jpg

The Spring Fever promotion begins next week on March 8 and will pair new releases on PSN with discounts. The first week features the winners of the PSN Games' Choice Awards, which I've posted the potential sale prices in the first post. Each week after that will feature one new PSN release with two discounted games, which they say they'll post a full list of these games next week when they announce the winners for the awards.

[quote name='ryanhaggan']just wondering, what happens to all of the PS+ discounted games that were purchased during the time?

I know that all the free games that are given out with membership are unplayable when your membership expires, but what happens to the games that were offered at a discount price?? I'm guessing that it remains active after the subscription???

:( I would've done the PS+ thing if those free games remained after the subscription ends... Can anybody else convince me of subscribing to PS+?? What else about it am I missing out??

Thanks in advance... Gonna get street fighter alpha.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011...-network-gamers-choice-awards-are/#more-46483

The winners for the PSN Gamers' Choice Awards have been announced, so here are the deals that will begin tomorrow and last until next Tuesday:

Best PS3 Downloadable Game: Castle Crashers - $10.50 PSN - $7.50 PS+
Best PSN Exclusive: Dead Nation - $10.50 PSN - $7.50 PS+
Best PSP Downloadable Game: God of War: Ghost of Sparta - $27.99 PSN - $19.99 - PS+
Best PSP Minis Game: Age of Zombies - $3.49 PSN - $2.49 PS+

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011...-network-gamers-choice-awards-are/#more-46483

The winners for the PSN Gamers' Choice Awards have been announced, so here are the deals that will begin tomorrow and last until next Tuesday:

Best PS3 Downloadable Game: Castle Crashers - $10.50 PSN - $7.50 PS+
Best PSN Exclusive: Dead Nation - $10.50 PSN - $7.50 PS+
Best PSP Downloadable Game: God of War: Ghost of Sparta - $27.99 PSN - $19.99 - PS+
Best PSP Minis Game: Age of Zombies - $3.49 PSN - $2.49 PS+[/QUOTE]

Woot time to buy castle crashers almost brought it when i made my last post . They're still bastards though $4.50 in savings is nothing to brag about they couldn't even make it a even $10 had to get the extra 50 cents as well.

[quote name='needler420']Woot time to buy castle crashers almost brought it when i made my last post . They're still bastards though $4.50 in savings is nothing to brag about they couldn't even make it a even $10 had to get the extra 50 cents as well.[/QUOTE]

They're 30% off. It's not like they're going out of their way to screw you by tacking an additional .50 on there. Also I have Playstation Plus, and 50% off is worth bragging about :)

[quote name='ssjmichael']They're 30% off. It's not like they're going out of their way to screw you by tacking an additional .50 on there. Also I have Playstation Plus, and 50% off is worth bragging about :)[/QUOTE]

Maybe if it was regularly 50% off you pay to have that price so that really isn't a deal that's part of the PSN benefits. If you didn't have those sales you'd have almost nothing to brag about expect 1 game a months and themes,avatars,betas. But thanks for clearing the 30% deal up.

If i thought it was that much of a deal us non psn+members would get it for the sales and I'm still not going to.

Bah I got my hopes up on a few small items before you said they were probably PSN+ only. In that case I don't want them anymore. Good news though is the games I voted for are the ones I wanted for half price. Looks like it's time to try Crashers and Nation.

*Wait a minute, are the sales on the voted games only for PSN+? That would F'ing suck and I would try harder to gameshare from now on... Not cool Sony, the mistakes are adding up.

Nice, finally time to pick up Castle Crashers and Dead Nation. I'll take that extra $3 off for my newly subbed PSN+, I've had it for 3 weeks or so and I'm enjoying the value I've gotten with Stacking, Digger HD, Sonic, a few other minis and now a few bucks off of other purchases.

[quote name='needler420']Maybe if it was regularly 50% off you pay to have that price so that really isn't a deal that's part of the PSN benefits. If you didn't have those sales you'd have almost nothing to brag about expect 1 game a months and themes,avatars,betas. But thanks for clearing the 30% deal up.

If i thought it was that much of a deal us non psn+members would get it for the sales and I'm still not going to.[/QUOTE]

Plus members get 4 games a month actually. One of those included Sam and Max The devil's Playhouse episodes 1-5, a $35 value, which we can keep forever. Plus we get betas from time to time (so far: LBP2, KZ3, ACII: Brotherhood, DC Universe, and others). Well worth the $3.33 a month I'm paying for what I'm getting. If that's too much per month for you I understand.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Plus members get 4 games a month actually. One of those included Sam and Max The devil's Playhouse episodes 1-5, a $35 value, which we can keep forever. Plus we get betas from time to time (so far: LBP2, KZ3, ACII: Brotherhood, DC Universe, and others). Well worth the $3.33 a month I'm paying for what I'm getting. If that's too much per month for you I understand.[/QUOTE]

I got in everyone of those beta's same time and before PSN+ members for free. And of those 4 games i don't even count minis those are like shovelware on Wii to me.

Sam and Max deal was some good bang for the buck. If i really wanted it though i could play it on PC for free.

Really PSN ain't all too special if i were to get into DD content id use steam has 10X more sales. Chances are if its on steam its cheaper.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice deal on the PSN Choice award games. I'll pick up Dead Nation, God of War: Ghost of Sparta & Age of Zombies.

Can anybody recommend Sky Fighters? I tried the demo, but even with PSN+ price at $2.50, I still couldn't bite.

I'm stoked that Castle Crashers won, I'm definitely picking that up. I'll wait for Ghost of Sparta to eventually hit a $9.99 price point. I don't care about Minis and I already have Dead Nation, although I still haven't played it yet.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']I would have gotten Dead Nation for $7.50, but for $10.50 I can wait.[/QUOTE]

Get PSN+ then buy it=$2.50 profit:booty:

All joking aside Castle crashers, Dead nation, and trine are probably the most recommended PSN games. Each is a very fulfilling game with good replay value. Worth picking up at the 30% off. Its actually probably few of the good games that aren't shovelware.

Man, I couldn't have picked worse titles for these sales if I'd tried. I'm glad I didn't save my cash; I would've totally snagged it if it was Pac-Man DX for $5, but an overhyped beat-em-up that was ages overdue and falls far, far short of Scott Pilgrim is just not gonna get my money.

I was hoping Castle Crashers would win. $7.50 for that is a good deal, I'll be getting it. I'm really considering Dead Nation too. I'm not sure if that's worth the money but it should be pretty decent.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']There's already a PS+ thread, get this wack shit outta here.[/QUOTE]

This wack shit isn't just for PS+ subscribers.

[quote name='nightmare452']Nice deal on the PSN Choice award games. I'll pick up Dead Nation, God of War: Ghost of Sparta & Age of Zombies.

Can anybody recommend Sky Fighters? I tried the demo, but even with PSN+ price at $2.50, I still couldn't bite.[/QUOTE]
Try the demo????

Anyhow this sale is gonna be good. PSN+ haters GTFO. If you paid $50 for 15 months, months ago, you got $40 of actual free games(Stacking+Sam&Max) and the $10 pays for months on end for additional discounts such as this Spring Sale and all other perks.

fuck yea!

PSN+ sucks. The deals are minor and you don't get to keep anything when you unsubscribe. There's no benefit, it's better to pay the couple dollars you save to keep games for good. Hell even the freebies are just games we bought a year or two ago.

It's disappointing if you fell for the scam, but oh well.

Glad I've held off on Castle Crashers...Glad I'm a PS+ member.

Question - Has anyone purchased ore than one year from the PSN store?
Where can you find the expiration date for the end of your membership?
I'm contemplating extending my PS+ by purchasing the 1yr + 3 months free.
Has anyone else done this?

I love PS+ thus far...WAY more than I expected.

[quote name='LottaGames']PSN+ sucks. The deals are minor and you don't get to keep anything when you unsubscribe. There's no benefit, it's better to pay the couple dollars you save to keep games for good. Hell even the freebies are just games we bought a year or two ago.

It's disappointing if you fell for the scam, but oh well.[/QUOTE]

I wish we could rate posts...LAME troll...LAME

You're giving an opinion for something you don't own or have tried...LAME...

Anything you purchase through discounts are yours to keep...try being informed...

Hmm might pick up Castle Crashers and Dead Nation. I think I want to get GoW:Ghost of Sparta on UMD so I may hold off on that for now.

[quote name='Muthafodder']I wish we could rate posts...LAME troll...LAME

You're giving an opinion for something you don't own or have tried...LAME...

Anything you purchase through discounts are yours to keep...try being informed...[/QUOTE]

Oh save it, you know I'm right. It plainly says the software would expire with your account. And that pretty much ruins the entire thing. Yeah let's pay $50 to rent a game for $2 less for a few months.

You get to keep everything you paid for that got a discount on PS+, all the add-on content, avatars, and themes are also yours to keep forever. The only thing you lose are the FREE minis, PS1, and PSN games.

I personally don't see the value, but a friend of mine has PS+ and allows me to benefit from it.

[quote name='LottaGames']Oh save it, you know I'm right. It plainly says the software would expire with your account. And that pretty much ruins the entire thing. Yeah let's pay $50 to rent a game for $2 less for a few months.[/QUOTE]

No, dumbass, anything you pay money for (ie: discounted games), you keep forever. It's only the "free" games that you don't get to keep forever, although there have been some exceptions.

And we don't even have to get into the argument of whether you're going to want to play Digger HD 10 years from now.

:puke: As usual the votes of many PS3 gamers likely didn't count and Sony just discounted shit they couldn't move for anything. Nothing from this sale for me, just like the last ten.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:puke: As usual the votes of many PS3 gamers likely didn't count and Sony just discounted shit they couldn't move for anything. Nothing from this sale for me, just like the last ten.[/QUOTE]
Your tinfoil hat is on too tight.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Your tinfoil hat is on too tight.[/QUOTE]

I didn't even see that post.

Yeah, I'm sure Dead Nation, Castle Crashers, and a God of War game were barely moving any units.

Hooray for Dead Nation! I know the game didn't get the greatest reviews, but Housemarque deserves my money for how good Super Stardust HD is.

[quote name='LottaGames']PSN+ sucks. The deals are minor and you don't get to keep anything when you unsubscribe. There's no benefit, it's better to pay the couple dollars you save to keep games for good. Hell even the freebies are just games we bought a year or two ago.

It's disappointing if you fell for the scam, but oh well.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, Stacking sure is old as hell. :roll:
How much did you pay for that on XBL again? :lol:

[quote name='bozemanriverrat']Ack. Was hoping for a sale on Pac Man DX. Will probably pay full price anyway.[/QUOTE]

Just wait, it'll go on sale sooner or later, probably even during the Spring Fever sale.

[quote name='bozemanriverrat']Ack. Was hoping for a sale on Pac Man DX. Will probably pay full price anyway.[/QUOTE]

Assuming there's not a sale in one of the Spring Fever weeks, I probably will too.

It's worth $5. I just bought it last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back