PSN Weekly Deals - 3/4: PSN Awards & Free MotorStorm RC Vita! 3/13 Spring Fever Sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

If you enjoy the work that I put into this and the other threads I run on this site, feel free to vote for me in the Cheapy Awards' CAG Community Award category.

Index
Current Deals
Alternate Deals
Upcoming Deals (Post #2)
February 2012 PlayStation Plus Offerings (Post #2)
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals (Post #2)
Frequently Asked Questions (Post #2)

Current Deals (Full Update Here)

Bundles

PS3
Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood - $20.99 - Ends 3/13
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance - $8.99 - Ends 3/13
Fancy Pants Adventures - $4.99
God of War: Origins Collection - $27.99 - Ends 3/13
Hydrophobia: Prophecy - $2.99 - Temporary Sale
Infamous Festival of Blood - $6.99 - Ends 3/13
Jurassic Park: The Game - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Just Cause 2 - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Limbo - $10.49 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil 4 - $13.99 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil Code Veronica X - $9.99
Space Ace - $4.99
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition - $10.49 - Ends 3/13

PSP
Cabela’s African Safari - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Cabela’s Dangerous Hunts Ultimate Challenge - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Cabela’s North American Adventures - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Bandicoot: Mind Over Mutant - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Tag Team Racing - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy - $20.99 - Ends 3/13
DJMax Portable 3 - $19.99
Gun: Showdown - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Monster Jam: Path Of Destruction - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Rapala Trophies - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Super Monkey Ball Adventure - $9.99
Swat: Target Liberty - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop

PS1 Classics
Chrono Trigger - $6.99 - Ends 3/13

Minis
Angry Birds - $2.79 - Ends 3/13

Vita
MLB 12: The Show - $34.99 - 2.8 GB
MotorStorm RC Presented By Scion - Free - 646 MB
Unit 13 - $35.99 - 1.2 GB

PlayStation Plus

Deals
Angry Birds - PSP/PS3 - $1.95 - Ends 3/13
Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood - $14.69 - Ends 3/13
Chrono Trigger - PSP/PS3 - $4.89 - Ends 3/13
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy - PSP - $14.69 - Ends 3/13
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance - $6.29 - Ends 3/13
God of War: Origins Collection - $19.59 - Ends 3/13
Infamous Festival of Blood - $4.89 - Ends 3/13
Killzone 3 Multiplayer - $7.50
Limbo - $7.34 - Ends 3/13
MotorStorm RC - $7.49 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil 4 - $9.79 - Ends 3/13
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition - $7.34 - Ends 3/13
Touchdown Fever - PSP/PS3 - $2.39
Worms: Ultimate Mayhem - $11.99

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
Battle Fantasia
Bermuda Triangle - PSP/PS3
Fatal Inertia
Hamsterball
Inferno Pool
Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom
Orbit - PSP/PS3
Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves
Sega Genesis Bundle - Includes the Six Games Below
Altered Beast
Comix Zone
Golden Axe
Sonic 1
Sonic 2
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Racoonus - 5.2 GB
Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
Streets of Rage 2
Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle Cars
Um Jammer Lammy - PSP/PS3

Qore
Qore Episode 46 - March 2012

Add-ons
Dungeon Defenders - PlayStation Plus Exclusive DLC - Free

Themes
Leap Year - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
Start The Party 2 - Dynamic

Asura's Wrath Bundle - $0.99
The House of the Dead III (3)
Jak and Daxter Collection (2)
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Bundle 4 - $0.99
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Bundle 3 - $0.99

Alternate Deals (Deals not available in the PS Store)

PlayStation Network Cards
$20 code - GameStop.com - $19.99
$20 code - BestBuy.com - $20.00
$50 code - GameStop.com - $49.99
$50 code - BestBuy.com - $50.00

PS3
Age of Booty - GameStop.com - $4.99
Digger HD - GameStop.com - $4.99
Fat Princess - BestBuy.com - $7.99
Superstars V8 Racing - GameStop.com - $7.49

Minis
Awesome Summer Minis Bundle (A Space Shooter for 2 Bucks, Young Thor, Zombie Tycoon, and Widget Odyssey 1 & 2) - GameStop.com - $4.99

PS1
Crash Bandicoot - GameStop.com - $2.99 - 50% off
Jet Moto - GameStop.com - $2.99 - 50% off

PSP
Aedis Eclipse: Generation of Chaos - GameStop.com - $5.99 - 25% off
Blade Dancer: Lineage of Light - GameStop.com - $5.99 - 25% off
CLADUN: This is an RPG! - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 50% off
Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 33% off
Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days - GameStop.com - $14.99 - 25% off
Disgaea Infinite - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 47% off
Dragoneer's Aria - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Mana Khemia: Student Alliance - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Phantom Brave: The Hermuda Triangle - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 50% off
Prinny: Can I Really Be The Hero? - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Prinny 2: Dawn of Operation Panties, Dood! - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 66% off
Z.H.P.: Unlosing Ranger vs. Darkdeath Evilman - GameStop.com - $19.99 - 33% off

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Stimes']Not a sale but just wanted to mention Marvel Pinball just released the Captain America Table yesterday for anyone interested.[/QUOTE]
I just picked this up, I was away for work, but very excited for another table after getting the pinball bundle!

Can the PS+ trial be activated through a PSP or online via a PC? I don't have a PS3 at the moment to do it with. If so, can someone point the way for me, I can't seem to find it. Thanks

Crap. I just realized that on my main account I now only have two days to decide if I wanna spend $45 to extend my PS3's warranty by two years with that two year extension.

I hate like hell using my debit/credit card on my PS3, so maybe I'll stop into a Blockbuster to check for some BOGO games and buy one of their pre-paid $50 PSN cards, which I believe you CAN use to buy the extension.

You should make sure that you can extend your warranty before buying anything:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010...protection-plan-provides-added-peace-of-mind/

PS3 and PSP owners take note – the PlayStation Protection Plan is available to PS3 or PSP owners (both the PSP-3000 and PSPgo systems) who are still within their one-year limited manufacturer’s warranty. The PSP Accidental Damage Plan must be purchased within the first 30 days of owning a PSP system, and the plan is effective beginning on the purchase date. You can purchase the PlayStation Protection Plan by calling 1-866-716-7669. Additional details and are available at http://us.playstation.com/support/protection-plan/index.htm. Web site will be accessible later today.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Crap. I just realized that on my main account I now only have two days to decide if I wanna spend $45 to extend my PS3's warranty by two years with that two year extension.

I hate like hell using my debit/credit card on my PS3, so maybe I'll stop into a Blockbuster to check for some BOGO games and buy one of their pre-paid $50 PSN cards, which I believe you CAN use to buy the extension.[/QUOTE]

I used a $50 PSN card to get my 2 year extended warranty last August when I bought my PS3. I pick up the warranty as soon as I activated my PS+. I feel this is the best since you only have to deal with Sony. Also every time I have called to talk to someone from Sony they always ask is this the system that has the 2 year extended warranty. Just make sure you have your receipt cause they will ask you for proof of purchase I believe if you have to send it in.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Bumping this up to remind people that they have less than two days to redeem their Welcome Back games and/or PS+ trials.[/QUOTE]

I think I may activate plus today just to be on the safe side. Thanks for the reminder.

[quote name='Bumslie']I used a $50 PSN card to get my 2 year extended warranty last August when I bought my PS3. I pick up the warranty as soon as I activated my PS+. I feel this is the best since you only have to deal with Sony. Also every time I have called to talk to someone from Sony they always ask is this the system that has the 2 year extended warranty. Just make sure you have your receipt cause they will ask you for proof of purchase I believe if you have to send it in.[/QUOTE]
I know they ask for a receipt or a copy of it, as I had to do that with my 40gb just before the original warranty on it was done.

I still think for how much the earlier systems cost, the warranty should've been a bit longer than one year from factory.

Hell. Even the monitor I bought to play my PS3 on for $40 gets a 3 or so year warranty.:roll:

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Bumping this up to remind people that they have less than two days to redeem their Welcome Back games and/or PS+ trials.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reminder. I signed up for the PS+ trial. Didn't want to wait until last minute and deal with unexpected server and/or ISP issues. Decided to snag Shank. I really dig the art style.

Activated my PS+ trial. Also, the system finally accepted the $20 PSN card I've been trying to apply since Tuesday.

Now I just have to hope that something I actually want is discounted on PS+ before the end of the month.

I completely forgot to activate plus, and now I'm away from my house until the end of next week. Does anyone know if this can be done via Media Go? When I click Welcome Back in media go all I get is "no content was found".

[quote name='daminion']I completely forgot to activate plus, and now I'm away from my house until the end of next week. Does anyone know if this can be done via Media Go? When I click Welcome Back in media go all I get is "no content was found".[/QUOTE]
Media Go accesses the PSP store, which doesn't have access to PS+.

Thanks for the reminder.

Heads up for those of you who don't go online often from your PS3 and think you can just jump on and start your WB game downloads: there's yet another required software update (3.66) that has to be done first.

I think my 360 gets like one or two updates a year, usually with some significant new feature like game installs or USB drive support, or a major visual change. This is the second PSN update in two weeks, and usually there's nothing of significance. Let me guess: the browser still sucks. What is up with these people?

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']That's because it hasn't come back up yet.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like it went down recently, because it was up around 5 hours ago when I went online to get my WB games. At least I think I got them. It seems like first you purchase them, then have to go back to download them. I think there were at least a half-dozen screens just to purchase them, and the instructions didn't match what was shown on the screens. I took screenshots because I'm always on the lookout for examples of atrocious UX.

Hopefully the purchase is all that needs to be completed by the deadline, and one can download anytime once purchased. I really doubt something that is advertised as ending on 7/3 will actually end at midnight tonight. On the other hand, this is Sony.

I just started my Plus trial. While in the store I noticed that Infamous 2 is available for download. Is this the first time a new release has been available for download?

[quote name='gantt']Thanks for the reminder.

Heads up for those of you who don't go online often from your PS3 and think you can just jump on and start your WB game downloads: there's yet another required software update (3.66) that has to be done first.

I think my 360 gets like one or two updates a year, usually with some significant new feature like game installs or USB drive support, or a major visual change. This is the second PSN update in two weeks, and usually there's nothing of significance. Let me guess: the browser still sucks. What is up with these people?[/QUOTE]
:whistle2:$ Them's fightin' words around this board. Not to me, but some folks seem to think that Sony can do no wrong(EVER).

You're not allowed to be annoyed by how many updates Sony puts out. I'm shocked someone hasn't jumped down your throat yet that you should sell your PS3 and its games if you don't like all of the updates.

And yes, the time it takes to load into the XMB still sucks and the browser still sucks. It's probably just an update to REMOVE something else knowing Sony.

PS3-It only does everything.....except the shit we no longer want you to have access to.

[quote name='gantt']Sounds like it went down recently, because it was up around 5 hours ago when I went online to get my WB games. At least I think I got them. It seems like first you purchase them, then have to go back to download them. I think there were at least a half-dozen screens just to purchase them, and the instructions didn't match what was shown on the screens. I took screenshots because I'm always on the lookout for examples of atrocious UX.

Hopefully the purchase is all that needs to be completed by the deadline, and one can download anytime once purchased. I really doubt something that is advertised as ending on 7/3 will actually end at midnight tonight. On the other hand, this is Sony.[/QUOTE]
You were able to get into the Japanese PS Store? I don't see any news that it's gone back up today, so I'll need some proof to back that up.

[quote name='dino88']I just started my Plus trial. While in the store I noticed that Infamous 2 is available for download. Is this the first time a new release has been available for download?[/QUOTE]
No, Warhawk, GT5 Prologue, SOCOM Confrontation, and Mass Effect 2 were out on PSN at their launch.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']No, Warhawk, GT5 Prologue, SOCOM Confrontation, and Mass Effect 2 were out on PSN at their launch.[/QUOTE]

Oh, really? This is the first time I've noticed it.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']You were able to get into the Japanese PS Store? I don't see any news that it's gone back up today, so I'll need some proof to back that up.[/QUOTE]

Oops, missed the Japan part. Too busy ranting. I was on US PSN. My bad.

I was helping someone redeem their two games today and after redeeming the first game it said there was an error and the Welcome Back details disappeared from the store. I went Account Management and the second game and PS+ trial doesn't appear in the service list just Game 1. Anyone know what happened?

So are you not able to redeem your PS+ today? If so, I'm fucked. I don't see the Welcome Back program anywhere on the Playstation store.

I just noticed it says
Q: When will I have access to the Welcome Back Program?
A: The content offered as part of the Welcome Back Program is available for download today and will be available through July 3.

That means it should end tonight at midnight. Bull.

[quote name='Tsel']I just noticed it says
Q: When will I have access to the Welcome Back Program?
A: The content offered as part of the Welcome Back Program is available for download today and will be available through July 3.

That means it should end tonight at midnight. Bull.[/QUOTE]

Totally agree. I was planning to get my final game and activate PS+ today. Total crap. Next time, Sony please state it ENDS, not THROUGH.

I knew there was a reason I left my friend's "Party" (it was sucking watching WWE clips on PS3 Youtube) to get this done and not take any chances!

Well another CS rep and Supervisor later and no progress. So many conflicting reports as well. The first rep said the promo ended at Midnight on July 3, the second rep said around 9:30 am today, and the Supervisor said it ends July 3 on Japan's time.

Well, there is no sign of any Welcome Back page on the Playstation Store anymore so I'd take that as I missed my opportunity.

Oh well. At least I got my two free games a while back.

Tried to get in on the PS+ membership through the Sony Store on my PSP, I got the 2 WB games, but for the life of me couldn't find that PS+ freebie. Oh well, would of bought more junk anyway.

I'm glad I activated everything BEFORE last night.:razz: No way was I going to let the chance to get some 'freebies'(which I still think Sony will delete from your download history after a while) on Sony's dime.

Now I just need to determine if I want to download the Uncharted 3 beta before my PSN+ expires. A friend of mine told me the beta won't be locked once the PSN+ expires, but I'm not so sure about that, since it's marked as PSN+ exclusive.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I'm glad I activated everything BEFORE last night.:razz: No way was I going to let the chance to get some 'freebies'(which I still think Sony will delete from your download history after a while) on Sony's dime.

Now I just need to determine if I want to download the Uncharted 3 beta before my PSN+ expires. A friend of mine told me the beta won't be locked once the PSN+ expires, but I'm not so sure about that, since it's marked as PSN+ exclusive.[/QUOTE]

I've never heard of Sony deleting anything from download history before. Also, the Uncharted 3 beta doesn't have an expiration date in Qriocity so I don't think it would expire after your PS+ expires (if you downloaded it using PS+). Not sure if that's what you meant?

For those that missed out on freebies because you waited until the absolute last second, you know the old saying.

"Procrastination is like masturbation, you're only fucking yourself."

[quote name='sunghost']I've never heard of Sony deleting anything from download history before. Also, the Uncharted 3 beta doesn't have an expiration date in Qriocity so I don't think it would expire after your PS+ expires (if you downloaded it using PS+). Not sure if that's what you meant?[/QUOTE]
I just remember people saying that any games or anything besides avatars and themes that you download during PSN+ are no longer valid once that subscription lapses. So that's why I figured the UC3 beta would be invalid once your PSN+ free month was done.

so way ahead of time i went and read that the offer runs through July 3rd. I thought this meant that today was the last day i could activate free month of PS+. I log on and there is no more welcome back tab. WTF is this shit? I specifically waited till this day and sony takes it off a day early?! :applause:
awesome.

Pretty sure they removed fl0w from everyone's DL history after they gave that out free, so I could see them Indian-giving these as well. At any rate, you guys aren't missing anything from PSN+. I grabbed every free dynamic theme and ended up deleting them all because they sucked.

I'm not blaming anyone but myself and Sony's bad wording. I should have gotten it before today, but it did say THROUGH July 3rd so I thought I was okay.

My bad, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back