PSN Weekly Deals - 3/4: PSN Awards & Free MotorStorm RC Vita! 3/13 Spring Fever Sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

If you enjoy the work that I put into this and the other threads I run on this site, feel free to vote for me in the Cheapy Awards' CAG Community Award category.

Index
Current Deals
Alternate Deals
Upcoming Deals (Post #2)
February 2012 PlayStation Plus Offerings (Post #2)
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals (Post #2)
Frequently Asked Questions (Post #2)

Current Deals (Full Update Here)

Bundles

PS3
Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood - $20.99 - Ends 3/13
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance - $8.99 - Ends 3/13
Fancy Pants Adventures - $4.99
God of War: Origins Collection - $27.99 - Ends 3/13
Hydrophobia: Prophecy - $2.99 - Temporary Sale
Infamous Festival of Blood - $6.99 - Ends 3/13
Jurassic Park: The Game - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Just Cause 2 - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Limbo - $10.49 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil 4 - $13.99 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil Code Veronica X - $9.99
Space Ace - $4.99
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition - $10.49 - Ends 3/13

PSP
Cabela’s African Safari - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Cabela’s Dangerous Hunts Ultimate Challenge - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Cabela’s North American Adventures - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Bandicoot: Mind Over Mutant - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Tag Team Racing - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy - $20.99 - Ends 3/13
DJMax Portable 3 - $19.99
Gun: Showdown - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Monster Jam: Path Of Destruction - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Rapala Trophies - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Super Monkey Ball Adventure - $9.99
Swat: Target Liberty - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop

PS1 Classics
Chrono Trigger - $6.99 - Ends 3/13

Minis
Angry Birds - $2.79 - Ends 3/13

Vita
MLB 12: The Show - $34.99 - 2.8 GB
MotorStorm RC Presented By Scion - Free - 646 MB
Unit 13 - $35.99 - 1.2 GB

PlayStation Plus

Deals
Angry Birds - PSP/PS3 - $1.95 - Ends 3/13
Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood - $14.69 - Ends 3/13
Chrono Trigger - PSP/PS3 - $4.89 - Ends 3/13
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy - PSP - $14.69 - Ends 3/13
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance - $6.29 - Ends 3/13
God of War: Origins Collection - $19.59 - Ends 3/13
Infamous Festival of Blood - $4.89 - Ends 3/13
Killzone 3 Multiplayer - $7.50
Limbo - $7.34 - Ends 3/13
MotorStorm RC - $7.49 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil 4 - $9.79 - Ends 3/13
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition - $7.34 - Ends 3/13
Touchdown Fever - PSP/PS3 - $2.39
Worms: Ultimate Mayhem - $11.99

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
Battle Fantasia
Bermuda Triangle - PSP/PS3
Fatal Inertia
Hamsterball
Inferno Pool
Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom
Orbit - PSP/PS3
Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves
Sega Genesis Bundle - Includes the Six Games Below
Altered Beast
Comix Zone
Golden Axe
Sonic 1
Sonic 2
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Racoonus - 5.2 GB
Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
Streets of Rage 2
Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle Cars
Um Jammer Lammy - PSP/PS3

Qore
Qore Episode 46 - March 2012

Add-ons
Dungeon Defenders - PlayStation Plus Exclusive DLC - Free

Themes
Leap Year - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
Start The Party 2 - Dynamic

Asura's Wrath Bundle - $0.99
The House of the Dead III (3)
Jak and Daxter Collection (2)
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Bundle 4 - $0.99
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Bundle 3 - $0.99

Alternate Deals (Deals not available in the PS Store)

PlayStation Network Cards
$20 code - GameStop.com - $19.99
$20 code - BestBuy.com - $20.00
$50 code - GameStop.com - $49.99
$50 code - BestBuy.com - $50.00

PS3
Age of Booty - GameStop.com - $4.99
Digger HD - GameStop.com - $4.99
Fat Princess - BestBuy.com - $7.99
Superstars V8 Racing - GameStop.com - $7.49

Minis
Awesome Summer Minis Bundle (A Space Shooter for 2 Bucks, Young Thor, Zombie Tycoon, and Widget Odyssey 1 & 2) - GameStop.com - $4.99

PS1
Crash Bandicoot - GameStop.com - $2.99 - 50% off
Jet Moto - GameStop.com - $2.99 - 50% off

PSP
Aedis Eclipse: Generation of Chaos - GameStop.com - $5.99 - 25% off
Blade Dancer: Lineage of Light - GameStop.com - $5.99 - 25% off
CLADUN: This is an RPG! - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 50% off
Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 33% off
Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days - GameStop.com - $14.99 - 25% off
Disgaea Infinite - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 47% off
Dragoneer's Aria - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Mana Khemia: Student Alliance - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Phantom Brave: The Hermuda Triangle - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 50% off
Prinny: Can I Really Be The Hero? - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Prinny 2: Dawn of Operation Panties, Dood! - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 66% off
Z.H.P.: Unlosing Ranger vs. Darkdeath Evilman - GameStop.com - $19.99 - 33% off

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='aem']Bah, I was hoping Marvel vs Capcom 2 was going to be on sale. I believe it was on sale when PSN went down. Still happy that PSN Store is back.

Anyone hear if the new Wizardry is good?[/QUOTE]

I saw MVC2 it is $6.99.

Also The LA Noire pass is up at $9.99.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']Whoa, Sucker Punch isn't wasting any time are they? :p[/QUOTE]

I was so excited I didn't even catch my own typo! :p

So is it safe to log on and update? My ps3 kinda died several weeks ago and i was going to try a restore then update, but was waiting for the network to be up and stable before i did. Is now a good time to finally do that?

By the way i see several people asking but no one really answering.. when do we get to pick the 2 free games from that list? I wanted the zombie shooter game

[quote name='Kenshindono']So is it safe to log on and update? My ps3 kinda died several weeks ago and i was going to try a restore then update, but was waiting for the network to be up and stable before i did. Is now a good time to finally do that?

By the way i see several people asking but no one really answering.. when do we get to pick the 2 free games from that list? I wanted the zombie shooter game[/QUOTE]

They haven't said yet, just that the welcome back package is in the final stages of testing. There will be another update on Friday, so maybe then?

[quote name='Cheeseknight28']What happened to Beyond HD and Outland? Did I miss something? Guess there's no Ubisoft love for PS3.[/QUOTE]
Outland is available on the EU PSN store. Not sure why it's not available for North American users.

[quote name='Gizmoduck']Phooey. I'm getting a (80710D36) error when I try to get into the store.[/QUOTE]

You may have to hit the back button('O') a few times to get through. Keep trying!:D:applause:

I'm playing some Ninja Turtles Demo!!!!!!:D:D:D

Damn, now I'm to hyper to sleep! So late! :bouncy:

Must....get....PS Store.....prepaid....card......today!!!!!

[quote name='aem']

Anyone hear if the new Wizardry is good?[/QUOTE]
Been on the Japanese store for a while and pretty much regarded as crap. Most of the Wizardry revival stuff is crap (2 DS games and 2 PS3 games.)

Keep trying to load if the store doesn't load for you. It loaded for me after 2 tries, then when i exited out I had to try 5 times. Like people before said, it doesn't quite work with all pages. Kind of sucks, but now i can get my Pacman on. Oh yeah!!!

Annnnd now we wait for the welcome back package.

I hope I'm included. I picked up a PS3 with the $100 off coupon from Gamestop so I'm not so much "back"... just "here for the first time", haha.

The deals from the new update:

PS3
Assassin's Creed II - $19.99 - Temporary Sale
Cuboid - $4.99 - Temporary Sale
DC Universe Online - 12 Month Package - $119.99 - Temporary Sale
DC Universe Online - 6 Month Package - $71.99 - Temporary Sale
DC Universe Online - 3 Month Package - $38.99 - Temporary Sale
Digger HD - $4.99 - Temporary Sale
Dragon's Lair - $4.99 - Temporary Sale
Hoard - $9.99 - Temporary Sale
Interpol: The Trail of Dr. Chaos - $4.99 - Temporary Sale
Plants vs. Zombies - $9.99 - Temporary Sale
Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse - $19.99 - Temporary Sale
Slam Bolt Scrappers - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Soldner-X & Soldner-X 2 - Complete Soundtrack Bundle - $7.99
Space Ace - $4.99 - Temporary Sale

PSP
Vertigo - $4.99 - Temporary Sale

Minis (Playable on PS3 and PSP)
Alien Havoc - $1.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Fish Tank - $1.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Paper Wars: Cannon Fodder - $2.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Tehra Dark Warrior - $1.49 - Temporary Sale

PlayStation Plus

PS3
Cuboid - $3.99
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance - $10.39
Interpol: The Trail of Dr. Chaos - $3.99
MotorStorm Apocalypse - Rare Elite Supercar - $2.24
MotorStorm Apocalypse - Revelation Vehicle Pack Bundle - $2.39
Red Johnson's Chronicles Episode 1 - $9.74
Resident Evil 5 - Avatar Bundle (10) - $0.99
Ricochet HD - $2.50
Street Fighter 2 - Avatar Bundle (8) - $0.99
Under Siege - $10.00

PS1 Classics
Cool Boarders 2 - PSP/PS3 - $3.00

Minis
Mad Blocker Alpha - PSP/PS3 - $2.00

There will be another update tomorrow, so that should bring some more deals.

Knew the store was back and I redeemed all the voucher codes I have. I did not notice the LA Noire/Rockstar Pass was live so thanks for that. Bought it ASAP.

EDIT: Interesting, the Consuls Car DLC isn't included. It's a PS3 exclusive case that I figured would have been up for a few dollars or free for those who bought it new of course. But perhaps it is a true "buy this game new and that is the only way to get the case" exclusive.

You mean I can finally redeem my MK online pass and play it with online with a decent controller?

I can also use the $20 card I got from Speedway two months ago. I got Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light when it was on sale, but didn't want to start it until I got the Kain/Raziel DLC.

[quote name='xskaxninjax']Annnnd now we wait for the welcome back package.

I hope I'm included. I picked up a PS3 with the $100 off coupon from Gamestop so I'm not so much "back"... just "here for the first time", haha.[/QUOTE]
It's for people with PSN accounts made before April 20.

I hope that $9.74 price for Red Johnson's Chronicles is a mistake. It was $6.50 before the store went down and I'll be upset if they don't honor that price.

Yeah, the store is getting hammered or something...really painful to use right now.

Errors and timeouts galore. Doh.

Hmmm... "Red Johnson’s Chronicles Episode 1 (PlayStation Plus price $9.74, regular price $12.99) (Prior offer, still live)" - it's supposed to be 50% off so not sure what prior offer they are referring. The ramification of allowing everyone a free month of PS+.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It's for people with PSN accounts made before April 20.[/QUOTE]

To be honest their wording confuses me. The European Program does state that, but the North American program states ALL PSN CUSTOMERS and it doesn't contain and date or time specifying when the account had to be created. It just says ALL.

I kept reading that April 20th date, but I had never seen it before officially so I had to go searching for it. And I would think it unbelievable if it was truly a wording mistake that Sony made. There is no way you say ALL PSN CUSTOMERS and then leave out a date when the account had to be created on accident.

I don't know, but it will make me more sad if this was truly a mistake they made because honestly during this time they should be triple checking everything they send the public way just to make sure it sounds right and is good.

[quote name='Kaltic']To be honest their wording confuses me. The European Program does state that, but the North American program states ALL PSN CUSTOMERS and it doesn't contain and date or time specifying when the account had to be created. It just says ALL.

I kept reading that April 20th date, but I had never seen it before officially so I had to go searching for it. And I would think it unbelievable if it was truly a wording mistake that Sony made. There is no way you say ALL PSN CUSTOMERS and then leave out a date when the account had to be created on accident.

I don't know, but it will make me more sad if this was truly a mistake they made because honestly during this time they should be triple checking everything they send the public way just to make sure it sounds right and is good.[/QUOTE]

You mean like how they said PSN would be back up soon for about three weeks?

Usually it's just PR. They probably have a date in mind that they won't tell us until the terms come out when you can download the games.

Found this on a different forum, but Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse - Episode 1: The Penal Zone is now free for non-PS+ users.

[quote name='Jam Of Truth']Found this on a different forum, but Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse - Episode 1: The Penal Zone is now free for non-PS+ users.[/QUOTE]

no free infamous yet so im all over this lol

also when do we get PLUS stuff cause i tried to dl some plus stuff and it was full price in my cart?

[quote name='Kaltic']To be honest their wording confuses me. The European Program does state that, but the North American program states ALL PSN CUSTOMERS and it doesn't contain and date or time specifying when the account had to be created. It just says ALL.

I don't know, but it will make me more sad if this was truly a mistake they made because honestly during this time they should be triple checking everything they send the public way just to make sure it sounds right and is good.[/QUOTE]

Its has said existing in most of the things i have read

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011...stomer-appreciation-program-in-north-america/

[quote name='ynocturnal']Hmmm... "Red Johnson’s Chronicles Episode 1 (PlayStation Plus price $9.74, regular price $12.99) (Prior offer, still live)" - it's supposed to be 50% off so not sure what prior offer they are referring. The ramification of allowing everyone a free month of PS+.[/QUOTE]

I'm hoping this is a mistake. It's still 50% off on the European PSN, and European PSN also still has the Might & Magic : Clash of Heroes PSN+ discount, which has disappeared in the US store. Then again, European PSN+ usually gets much better stuff than US PSN, so who knows.

wow, talk about glitchy. It took me 4 times before I stopped getting that error code..then half of the 'tiles' for games where phantom, they simply weren't there. I even got kicked out once I was in..

Oh well, got to redeem my LA Noire DLC codes, but didn't start the downloads yet..gonna wait till its all clear! Oh and then to start spending some money on there :D

The only game that has my attention is Plants Vs. Zombies. I was unable to get the free version on my android phone. Probably end up getting the Xbox 360 disc version or the DS version when a better sale comes around.

Will have to keep up with this thread, I might go and buy a PSN card after work (considering the store is still up by the time I leave work :lol:). I am buying might and magic clash of heroes (after a month of waiting), lol.

Also downloading the red faction demo. I am really excited about this game.

their releasing content in waves too allow time for people too shift thu content an have some developers little time too get people buy their games Friday will have more stuff not sure next update after that

Great!
Downloading the inFamous 2 demo now :D
Anyone knows if the "Welcome Back Program" is going live this weekend?

[quote name='aznhero913']how do we get the one month free PS+ ??[/QUOTE]
Should be auto added to your account. I don't know if they been doing that yet.

[quote name='ev1lg00dguy']Bought my ps3 last week. I'm hoping I can get a PSN account made and still get the welcome back program goodies. :)[/QUOTE]

The "Welcome Back" games they're giving away will supposedly only available to accounts that existed before PSN went down.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Should be auto added to your account. I don't know if they been doing that yet.[/QUOTE]

I was wondering the same thing, if the Plus free month was active or not.

I might bite on Dragon's Lair and Space Ace for $5 each. Not much else this week for me, I can't wait for the welcome back free games...

[quote name='prayformojo']I was wondering the same thing, if the Plus free month was active or not.[/QUOTE]
You will know if it is. You will see a PS+ icon next to your name. I forgot if it's also on the top right of the media bar where it lists the number of friends online, but go to your friends list and if you see the plus symbol next to your name, you got PS +

did not know the store was up
thanks

brb downloadan

BTW the store seems to be going a tad slow
i do not remember it like this

[quote name='bilbobagins3']Free Mortal Kombat Pass to whoever takes it first here
MMDT-96NR-KJLD[/QUOTE]

Got it, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back