PSN Weekly Deals - 3/4: PSN Awards & Free MotorStorm RC Vita! 3/13 Spring Fever Sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

If you enjoy the work that I put into this and the other threads I run on this site, feel free to vote for me in the Cheapy Awards' CAG Community Award category.

Index
Current Deals
Alternate Deals
Upcoming Deals (Post #2)
February 2012 PlayStation Plus Offerings (Post #2)
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals (Post #2)
Frequently Asked Questions (Post #2)

Current Deals (Full Update Here)

Bundles

PS3
Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood - $20.99 - Ends 3/13
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance - $8.99 - Ends 3/13
Fancy Pants Adventures - $4.99
God of War: Origins Collection - $27.99 - Ends 3/13
Hydrophobia: Prophecy - $2.99 - Temporary Sale
Infamous Festival of Blood - $6.99 - Ends 3/13
Jurassic Park: The Game - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Just Cause 2 - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Limbo - $10.49 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil 4 - $13.99 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil Code Veronica X - $9.99
Space Ace - $4.99
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition - $10.49 - Ends 3/13

PSP
Cabela’s African Safari - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Cabela’s Dangerous Hunts Ultimate Challenge - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Cabela’s North American Adventures - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Bandicoot: Mind Over Mutant - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Tag Team Racing - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy - $20.99 - Ends 3/13
DJMax Portable 3 - $19.99
Gun: Showdown - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Monster Jam: Path Of Destruction - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Rapala Trophies - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Super Monkey Ball Adventure - $9.99
Swat: Target Liberty - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop

PS1 Classics
Chrono Trigger - $6.99 - Ends 3/13

Minis
Angry Birds - $2.79 - Ends 3/13

Vita
MLB 12: The Show - $34.99 - 2.8 GB
MotorStorm RC Presented By Scion - Free - 646 MB
Unit 13 - $35.99 - 1.2 GB

PlayStation Plus

Deals
Angry Birds - PSP/PS3 - $1.95 - Ends 3/13
Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood - $14.69 - Ends 3/13
Chrono Trigger - PSP/PS3 - $4.89 - Ends 3/13
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy - PSP - $14.69 - Ends 3/13
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance - $6.29 - Ends 3/13
God of War: Origins Collection - $19.59 - Ends 3/13
Infamous Festival of Blood - $4.89 - Ends 3/13
Killzone 3 Multiplayer - $7.50
Limbo - $7.34 - Ends 3/13
MotorStorm RC - $7.49 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil 4 - $9.79 - Ends 3/13
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition - $7.34 - Ends 3/13
Touchdown Fever - PSP/PS3 - $2.39
Worms: Ultimate Mayhem - $11.99

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
Battle Fantasia
Bermuda Triangle - PSP/PS3
Fatal Inertia
Hamsterball
Inferno Pool
Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom
Orbit - PSP/PS3
Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves
Sega Genesis Bundle - Includes the Six Games Below
Altered Beast
Comix Zone
Golden Axe
Sonic 1
Sonic 2
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Racoonus - 5.2 GB
Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
Streets of Rage 2
Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle Cars
Um Jammer Lammy - PSP/PS3

Qore
Qore Episode 46 - March 2012

Add-ons
Dungeon Defenders - PlayStation Plus Exclusive DLC - Free

Themes
Leap Year - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
Start The Party 2 - Dynamic

Asura's Wrath Bundle - $0.99
The House of the Dead III (3)
Jak and Daxter Collection (2)
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Bundle 4 - $0.99
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Bundle 3 - $0.99

Alternate Deals (Deals not available in the PS Store)

PlayStation Network Cards
$20 code - GameStop.com - $19.99
$20 code - BestBuy.com - $20.00
$50 code - GameStop.com - $49.99
$50 code - BestBuy.com - $50.00

PS3
Age of Booty - GameStop.com - $4.99
Digger HD - GameStop.com - $4.99
Fat Princess - BestBuy.com - $7.99
Superstars V8 Racing - GameStop.com - $7.49

Minis
Awesome Summer Minis Bundle (A Space Shooter for 2 Bucks, Young Thor, Zombie Tycoon, and Widget Odyssey 1 & 2) - GameStop.com - $4.99

PS1
Crash Bandicoot - GameStop.com - $2.99 - 50% off
Jet Moto - GameStop.com - $2.99 - 50% off

PSP
Aedis Eclipse: Generation of Chaos - GameStop.com - $5.99 - 25% off
Blade Dancer: Lineage of Light - GameStop.com - $5.99 - 25% off
CLADUN: This is an RPG! - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 50% off
Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 33% off
Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days - GameStop.com - $14.99 - 25% off
Disgaea Infinite - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 47% off
Dragoneer's Aria - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Mana Khemia: Student Alliance - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Phantom Brave: The Hermuda Triangle - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 50% off
Prinny: Can I Really Be The Hero? - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Prinny 2: Dawn of Operation Panties, Dood! - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 66% off
Z.H.P.: Unlosing Ranger vs. Darkdeath Evilman - GameStop.com - $19.99 - 33% off

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Considering Cheapy's old PSN download video, I'm inclined to believe it isn't exclusively PSN's fault.

[quote name='iPhone']Your ISP also has a lot to do with it. A friend and I started downloading the inFamous 2 demo at the same time. The only difference between us is I'm on FiOS while he's on TWC. I got it in 30 minutes while it took him 90 minutes.[/QUOTE]

I love FIOS its the best well at least in my area. No complaints on downloading of PSN.

[quote name='MSI Magus']I really cant understand why people cant accept it. I mean numerous people have posted here complaining about it and again its been just a known fact in the industry for some time. Its like arguing that the 360 for the first few years didnt have a high malfunction rate just because yours never broke down....

I also find it amazing that people keep saying its the ISP, regional and all this other bunk when again I dont have this problem with Steam, XBL nor the IOS store. Obviously others like the rebel fm, TVGP and gamerswithjobs crew also obviously are experiencing the same thing.[/QUOTE]
It can't be a fact if it's not the same for everybody. Seriously, it's okay to admit that the experience may differ for everybody, as it doesn't have to be 100% either way.

[quote name='CaoPi']where are the free PS home items?[/QUOTE]

Prolly going up with the "Welcome package" so you have to wait a few days or maybe tomorrow.

[quote name='darknight88']Prolly going up with the "Welcome package" so you have to wait a few days or maybe tomorrow.[/QUOTE]
That should be Playstation's new motto: "Maybe Tomorrow." :D

I downloaded Dragon's Lair and it was surprisingly fast. The network keeps timing out on me, though. And good God, those are some difficult trophies for that game.

[quote name='simmias']I downloaded Dragon's Lair and it was surprisingly fast. The network keeps timing out on me, though. And good God, those are some difficult trophies for that game.[/QUOTE]

The trophies aren't as tough as they appear to be. Once you've memorized the entire 10 minutes of the game you can easily beat it without dying.

[quote name='MSI Magus']I really cant understand why people cant accept it. I mean numerous people have posted here complaining about it and again its been just a known fact in the industry for some time. Its like arguing that the 360 for the first few years didnt have a high malfunction rate just because yours never broke down....

I also find it amazing that people keep saying its the ISP, regional and all this other bunk when again I dont have this problem with Steam, XBL nor the IOS store. Obviously others like the rebel fm, TVGP and gamerswithjobs crew also obviously are experiencing the same thing.[/QUOTE]

I agree. If the ISP is at fault why is it XBL, Steam, WoW updates, and torrents download at my full speed (16 Mbits/s)? It's really strange that my ISP would ONLY have problems with the PSN store.

But there is no reasoning with fanboyism. These people will defend Sony/MS (whichever camp they subscribe to) no matter what.

Anyhow, I really appreciate the OP for keeping us updated. I have never had PSN+ and was wondering if it grants discounts on all PSN store items or only select titles per month.

I want to pick up the Disgaea 3 DLC pack but $49.95 is pretty steep. Has this ever been on sale? Is it even worth it?

[quote name='trogoldito']I want to pick up the Disgaea 3 DLC pack but $49.95 is pretty steep. Has this ever been on sale? Is it even worth it?[/QUOTE]

I've been waiting for a year or two for a sale and have had no luck. Hopefully with the sequel coming out they'll drop the price on this bundle. From what I've been told it's mostly end-game content.

PlayStation Plus deals announced for the next week:

PlayStation Plus Highlights for 6/3:

PS3
Smash Cars - $5.99
Worms - $5.00

Minis
Ace Armstrong vs. Alien Scumbags - PSP/PS3 - $1.50
Cubixx - PSP/PS3 - $1.00
Young Thor - PSP/PS3 - $1.25

Add-ons
MotorStorm Apocalypse - Remix Vehicle Pack - $1.99

Resident Evil 4 Avatar Bundle - $0.99

PlayStation Plus Highlights for 6/7:

PS3
Dead Space Ignition - $2.50
Deathspank - $7.50
Deathspank: Thongs of Virtue - $7.50
Shank - $5.00
Tumble - $5.00 - Requires Move

Add-ons
MotorStorm Apocalypse - Prestige Vehicle Pack Bundle - $1.99

Last Chance, Get Them While You Can – Coming Down on June 7

Deals
Ricochet HD - $2.50
Cool Boarders 2 - PSP/PS3 - $3.00
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance - $10.39

Smash Cars will also be on sale for $7.49 for everybody else on 6/3.

[quote name='Ace!']nice thread...but where in the hell do you get the drops and new releases from?[/QUOTE]
The PlayStation Blog and the PS Store.

It's stupid that you people talk about ANY service like you know what's going on behind the scenes, because let's face it, you have no idea how the infrastructure works. My guesses were just that, guesses. I have no clue what the actual issue is, but it's obviously not happening to everyone so don't claim something as fact and talk for everyone else.

You hear people on podcasts say it's slow because yes, it is slow FOR THEM. So on the podcasts where it's not slow for the people, are they gonna bring it up over and over again? No, because then it's not an issue. None of us are denying that it's slow for some people, or calling them liars.

No one is even arguing the 360 didn't have a high malfunction rate. But that's like saying PSN is slow for a large percentage of people, which you can't prove for one unless you wanted to survey the entire country, and then I can almost guarantee these speed issues are related to location.

None of us have any concrete information except people saying one way or another. You DON'T know whether it's PSN's server load, distance to servers, how these packets are getting routed, or what any ISP is doing with the data (including throttling).

What you can't do is claim something as fact and use just word of mouth from a select few people to back it up. It's not the same as "launch 360s had a high failure rate."

>> There's still nothing worth downloading even after the two potential updates. Where the hell is Outland :/

[quote name='JG5253']I find it funny how someone says XBL will always be better. Is it cause they pay for it?[/QUOTE]

I used to download TV shows from XBL/PSN a couple of years ago when I moved to my current location and lost pay tv. Sometimes MS would not have the show ready until a week later so I would download it on PSN instead.

Same size show, say How I Met Your Mother, would take 30-35 minutes to download on XBL vs. 60 min. via PSN.

Same thing goes with game content, be it DLC, games, or trailers.

Personally, I just can't wait for Outland to come out. That game looks so good.

I'm going to get that and the L.A. Noire Rockstar Pass together.

so the thread title says "WB Program Detailed" but I'm not seeing anything.. is that because we're still waiting or am I missing something?

If you want to play FP as soon as I get stable internet again I play regularly. The community as rather hardcore split like Smash Bros. You have the tourney guys and everyone else. Only in this case the "tourny guys" aren't tools imo. That and they're more clan-heads than actual tournament types, and they're all pretty chill about the game and not extremely intense They usually play in the evening EST you find 'em make a few friends and you have an into the actual games.

If you want to play with everyone else it's a shot in the bucket. You'll probably never get a full 16v16 match. Chances of getting mic owners slips down, and your attempts at strategy have a 30% less chance of working since many people won't listen to reason.

EU is getting Burnout Paradise for free and we're getting... Lilo & Stitch. Brilliant, thanks Sony. The Welcome Back stuff is still a few days away, probably timed to go live during E3.

Stupid question, but for the sale items (dragon's lair, etc) when exactly do they expire? Would it be at the next update (friday) or next week on wednesday/Thursday? Thanks

[quote name='ddp72984']Stupid question, but for the sale items (dragon's lair, etc) when exactly do they expire? Would it be at the next update (friday) or next week on wednesday/Thursday? Thanks[/QUOTE]
Probably until 6/7 at the earliest.

Those Deathspank and Shank deals look good. Hopefully the free month of PSN+ will be up in time for me to grab those.

YES! A deal on Tumble finally! Hopefully we'll all get our complimentary PS+ activated soon so I can take advantage of that. I was also super excited about Dead Space until I realized it was the stupid interactive comic "ignition" and not the PS3 port of Extraction :(

Sorry if it's been asked, but can PS+ deals be gameshared (ie, Tumble once it goes live)?

[quote name='Zmonkay']Sorry if it's been asked, but can PS+ deals be gameshared (ie, Tumble once it goes live)?[/QUOTE]

If the account you're sharing has PS+, then yes.

So you can't create an account just to get a PS+ deal (not at this point anyways)

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']PlayStation Plus deals announced for the next week:

PlayStation Plus Highlights for 6/3:

PS3
Smash Cars - $5.99
Worms - $5.00

Minis
Ace Armstrong vs. Alien Scumbags - PSP/PS3 - $1.50
Cubixx - PSP/PS3 - $1.00
Young Thor - PSP/PS3 - $1.25

Add-ons
MotorStorm Apocalypse - Remix Vehicle Pack - $1.99

Resident Evil 4 Avatar Bundle - $0.99

PS3
Dead Space Ignition - $2.50
Deathspank - $7.50
Deathspank: Thongs of Virtue - $7.50
Shank - $5.00
Tumble - $5.00 - Requires Move

Add-ons
MotorStorm Apocalypse - Prestige Vehicle Pack Bundle - $1.99

Last Chance, Get Them While You Can – Coming Down on June 7

Deals
Ricochet HD - $2.50
Cool Boarders 2 - PSP/PS3 - $3.00
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance - $10.39

Smash Cars will also be on sale for $7.49 for everybody else on 6/3.[/QUOTE]

Did you miss some stuff???

Full Game Trial

Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2 (Special E3 publish on 6/9) (Free and exclusive to PlayStation Plus subscribers)

Featured Games & DLC

Qore June Episode 37 – Single Episode (Free to PlayStation Plus subscribers, regular price $2 .99)
MotorStorm Apocalypse Prestige Vehicle Pack Bundle (PlayStation Plus price $1.99, regular price $2.49)
Lilo & Stitch PS one import (Free to PlayStation Plus subscribers, regular price $9.99)
Magic the Gathering: Duels of the Planeswalkers 2011 (Free to PlayStation Plus subscribers, regular price $9.99)

Discounted Games

Tumble (PlayStation Plus price $5.00, regular price $9.99)
Shank (PlayStation Plus price $5.00, regular price $9.99)
Deathspank (PlayStation Plus price $7.50, regular price $14.99)
Deathspank Thongs of Virtue (PlayStation Plus price $7.50, regular price $14.99)
Dead Space Ignition (PlayStation Plus price $2.50, regular price $5.00)

Featured Themes & Avatars

Flamingo Fun Static Theme (Free and exclusive to PlayStation Plus subscribers)
inFAMOUS 2 Dynamic Theme (Free and exclusive to PlayStation Plus subscribers)

MtG's online community is pretty much dead. I hope a lot of ppl try it out and play online, because finding a match is pretty annoying as of now.

Hopefully all three xpacs are free too, although I doubt it.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']MtG's online community is pretty much dead. I hope a lot of ppl try it out and play online, because finding a match is pretty annoying as of now.

Hopefully all three xpacs are free too, although I doubt it.[/QUOTE]

Except this is the 2011 version

[quote name='darknight88']Did you miss some stuff???[/QUOTE]
Nope, those are all of the deals. The free stuff that's tied to a PS+ sub isn't included with the deals.

[quote name='o_O']Do we have our free month of PS+ already, or will that be alongside the Welcome Back games?[/QUOTE]

No. Most likely.

[quote name='alangee']Where is Outland?! I was so disappointed that I couldn't find it on PSN. Release date was April 26th, wasn't it?[/QUOTE]
Should be in the next update with the rest of the missed PSN content tomorrow.
[quote name='o_O']Do we have our free month of PS+ already, or will that be alongside the Welcome Back games?[/QUOTE]
It's part of the Welcome Back Program, so it will start when that begins.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']Well good! Then it wasn't a waste of money to pick up the first one :)[/QUOTE]

actually you already own 2011 version the new version releases on june 15 and is named DotP 2012

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']Well good! Then it wasn't a waste of money to pick up the first one :)[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, Magic The Gathering : DoTP 2011 is the first one. The new one coming out this month is DOTP 2012.

In addition to the rather lame PSN+ offerings, we also got price increases on Red Johnson's Chronicles and Might & Magic : Clash of Heroes. Also, given that there's no mention of an Outland discount for PSN+, I'm guessing we're not getting the promised discount on that either. This is not the way to win people back, Sony.

[quote name='Zbornak']Unfortunately, Magic The Gathering : DoTP 2011 is the first one. The new one coming out this month is DOTP 2012.
[/QUOTE]

I heard you can't build custom decks out of all of your card pool in the current version (meaning that you can only slightly modify the decks you unlock). Is this true? If so, is this issue being addressed in the 2012 version?

edit: Just did some searching and found out that 2012 will not have customizable decks either. Super lame. Looks like I will have to pass on this one as well. Too bad, I love MtG but have no interest in playing a super dumbed down version.

Any sale updates yet today? Sorry, I know I'm being impatient but I've got a $20 PSN card burning a hole in my pocket.

[quote name='trogoldito']I heard you can't build custom decks out of all of your card pool in the current version (meaning that you can only slightly modify the decks you unlock). Is this true? If so, is this issue being addressed in the 2012 version?

edit: Just did some searching and found out that 2012 will not have customizable decks either. Super lame. Looks like I will have to pass on this one as well. Too bad, I love MtG but have no interest in playing a super dumbed down version.[/QUOTE]

As you play each deck you unlock about 15 specific cards for that deck. In the deck editor you can only add or remove those 15 cards to that specific deck, but you can not remove any of the original 60 cards in the deck, nor can you add those 15 cards to other decks. You get stuck with having to play some absolute garbage because of that.

That's depressing to hear that 2012 won't address that. -1 sale :cry:

[quote name='trogoldito']I heard you can't build custom decks out of all of your card pool in the current version (meaning that you can only slightly modify the decks you unlock). Is this true? If so, is this issue being addressed in the 2012 version?

edit: Just did some searching and found out that 2012 will not have customizable decks either. Super lame. Looks like I will have to pass on this one as well. Too bad, I love MtG but have no interest in playing a super dumbed down version.[/QUOTE]
Reason being Wizards of the coast are fucking dumbasses. They have some rule I believe because they sell their own online version of magic the gathering, so they deny the right to remove/edit cards in decks.

I dear god hope the AI is improved in this game. In the first game it was oh look, I just drew the one card I needed out of my ass and now I can win every damn game. In the first game, I seriously had a guy down to one health, and then he draws the one card (on that turn) that trumps everything I did and I lost.

Anyone know if there is any new games coming to the store today or just PS+ deals?

[quote name='Thrinn']As you play each deck you unlock about 15 specific cards for that deck. In the deck editor you can only add or remove those 15 cards to that specific deck, but you can not remove any of the original 60 cards in the deck, nor can you add those 15 cards to other decks. You get stuck with having to play some absolute garbage because of that.

That's depressing to hear that 2012 won't address that. -1 sale :cry:[/QUOTE]

I don't play any TCG but I took shot in the dark with Magic on Steam when it was on sale. After doing trial and error i began to enjoy it. I guess the digital versions of Magic are geared towards more of the casual crowd? Or atleast the campaign missions are. The next one was probably done with the same reason. Just my thought anyways.

To my knowledge the 2012 version of Planeswalkers will allow you to modify the default decks as you see fit so long as they contain 60 cards; i.e. you can pull out some of the ones already in it and replace them with unlocks, or whatever so long as the minimum is met.

And no, that doesn't mean putting in cards from the other decks. Still not full customization (not sure why people haven't grasped that this is NOT that kind of game), but something.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']To my knowledge the 2012 version of Planeswalkers will allow you to modify the default decks as you see fit so long as they contain 60 cards; i.e. you can pull out some of the ones already in it and replace them with unlocks, or whatever so long as the minimum is met.

[/QUOTE]
If that's true then that is good. I don't mind not being able to add cards from other decks, but telling me I can't remove cards from the original deck because I want to get it to a 60 card deck with some of the extra added in. Yeah, fuck that.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Reason being Wizards of the coast are fucking dumbasses. They have some rule I believe because they sell their own online version of magic the gathering, so they deny the right to remove/edit cards in decks.[/QUOTE]

Certainly. This game has always seemed as nothing more than a gateway drug to MTGO (their PC platform for Magic). Wizards seems to be saying "You want more functionality? Step up to the pro version and spend a lot more money." The problem with MTGO is that it's a poorly managed program that seems to be held together by duct tape.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']To my knowledge the 2012 version of Planeswalkers will allow you to modify the default decks as you see fit so long as they contain 60 cards; i.e. you can pull out some of the ones already in it and replace them with unlocks, or whatever so long as the minimum is met.

And no, that doesn't mean putting in cards from the other decks. Still not full customization (not sure why people haven't grasped that this is NOT that kind of game), but something.[/QUOTE]
Oh, okay. That's all I'm really hoping for.

I hate you assholes confusing the shit outta me, and WotC for renaming their damn game. Ugh. Whatever, more people play online so I can get matches that aren't two buddies talking over mics and gang raping me.

Here's a heads up for EU-region Super Street Fighter IV fans:

The Ultra Complete Costume Pack is strangely priced at three euro on most European region members of PSN. It's priced at $17.99 for us North American users. I have multiple accounts, but can't take advantage of the deal since I can't confirm purchases outside of the country with said accounts.

Take advantage if you're so inclined.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back