PSN Weekly Deals - 3/4: PSN Awards & Free MotorStorm RC Vita! 3/13 Spring Fever Sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for all of the deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store both on and off of PSN.

If you enjoy the work that I put into this and the other threads I run on this site, feel free to vote for me in the Cheapy Awards' CAG Community Award category.

Index
Current Deals
Alternate Deals
Upcoming Deals (Post #2)
February 2012 PlayStation Plus Offerings (Post #2)
Persistent PlayStation Plus Deals (Post #2)
Frequently Asked Questions (Post #2)

Current Deals (Full Update Here)

Bundles

PS3
Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood - $20.99 - Ends 3/13
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance - $8.99 - Ends 3/13
Fancy Pants Adventures - $4.99
God of War: Origins Collection - $27.99 - Ends 3/13
Hydrophobia: Prophecy - $2.99 - Temporary Sale
Infamous Festival of Blood - $6.99 - Ends 3/13
Jurassic Park: The Game - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Just Cause 2 - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Limbo - $10.49 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil 4 - $13.99 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil Code Veronica X - $9.99
Space Ace - $4.99
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition - $10.49 - Ends 3/13

PSP
Cabela’s African Safari - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Cabela’s Dangerous Hunts Ultimate Challenge - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Cabela’s North American Adventures - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Bandicoot: Mind Over Mutant - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Crash Tag Team Racing - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy - $20.99 - Ends 3/13
DJMax Portable 3 - $19.99
Gun: Showdown - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Monster Jam: Path Of Destruction - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Rapala Trophies - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Super Monkey Ball Adventure - $9.99
Swat: Target Liberty - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop

PS1 Classics
Chrono Trigger - $6.99 - Ends 3/13

Minis
Angry Birds - $2.79 - Ends 3/13

Vita
MLB 12: The Show - $34.99 - 2.8 GB
MotorStorm RC Presented By Scion - Free - 646 MB
Unit 13 - $35.99 - 1.2 GB

PlayStation Plus

Deals
Angry Birds - PSP/PS3 - $1.95 - Ends 3/13
Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood - $14.69 - Ends 3/13
Chrono Trigger - PSP/PS3 - $4.89 - Ends 3/13
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy - PSP - $14.69 - Ends 3/13
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance - $6.29 - Ends 3/13
God of War: Origins Collection - $19.59 - Ends 3/13
Infamous Festival of Blood - $4.89 - Ends 3/13
Killzone 3 Multiplayer - $7.50
Limbo - $7.34 - Ends 3/13
MotorStorm RC - $7.49 - Ends 3/13
Resident Evil 4 - $9.79 - Ends 3/13
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition - $7.34 - Ends 3/13
Touchdown Fever - PSP/PS3 - $2.39
Worms: Ultimate Mayhem - $11.99

Free Games (Don't Argue About This, Please)
Battle Fantasia
Bermuda Triangle - PSP/PS3
Fatal Inertia
Hamsterball
Inferno Pool
Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom
Orbit - PSP/PS3
Sackboys' Prehistoric Moves
Sega Genesis Bundle - Includes the Six Games Below
Altered Beast
Comix Zone
Golden Axe
Sonic 1
Sonic 2
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Racoonus - 5.2 GB
Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
Streets of Rage 2
Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle Cars
Um Jammer Lammy - PSP/PS3

Qore
Qore Episode 46 - March 2012

Add-ons
Dungeon Defenders - PlayStation Plus Exclusive DLC - Free

Themes
Leap Year - Dynamic
The House of the Dead III - Dynamic
Start The Party 2 - Dynamic

Asura's Wrath Bundle - $0.99
The House of the Dead III (3)
Jak and Daxter Collection (2)
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Bundle 4 - $0.99
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Bundle 3 - $0.99

Alternate Deals (Deals not available in the PS Store)

PlayStation Network Cards
$20 code - GameStop.com - $19.99
$20 code - BestBuy.com - $20.00
$50 code - GameStop.com - $49.99
$50 code - BestBuy.com - $50.00

PS3
Age of Booty - GameStop.com - $4.99
Digger HD - GameStop.com - $4.99
Fat Princess - BestBuy.com - $7.99
Superstars V8 Racing - GameStop.com - $7.49

Minis
Awesome Summer Minis Bundle (A Space Shooter for 2 Bucks, Young Thor, Zombie Tycoon, and Widget Odyssey 1 & 2) - GameStop.com - $4.99

PS1
Crash Bandicoot - GameStop.com - $2.99 - 50% off
Jet Moto - GameStop.com - $2.99 - 50% off

PSP
Aedis Eclipse: Generation of Chaos - GameStop.com - $5.99 - 25% off
Blade Dancer: Lineage of Light - GameStop.com - $5.99 - 25% off
CLADUN: This is an RPG! - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 50% off
Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 33% off
Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days - GameStop.com - $14.99 - 25% off
Disgaea Infinite - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 47% off
Dragoneer's Aria - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Mana Khemia: Student Alliance - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Phantom Brave: The Hermuda Triangle - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 50% off
Prinny: Can I Really Be The Hero? - GameStop.com - $7.99 - 20% off
Prinny 2: Dawn of Operation Panties, Dood! - GameStop.com - $9.99 - 66% off
Z.H.P.: Unlosing Ranger vs. Darkdeath Evilman - GameStop.com - $19.99 - 33% off

I'll be filling this thread out a bit more as we go and I'll answer questions whenever I can. Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's to hoping my PS3 can connect to my family's new wireless network. I've got about a couple hours until 7 P.M. ET to get it figured out and at least $10 PSN card to get the Burnout Paradise DLC.

Yay for Sony not updating till Tuesday night.:roll: I guess they don't care about another potential 12 hours worth of game sales. I'm all ready with money in my wallet on PSN and willing to buy Shank for $5 and now I gotta wait and hope it's updated by the time I get home tonight.

I kinda wish they were going by Japanese time like they apparently were with the Welcome Back program. At least then I'd be able to buy the game by now.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Yay for Sony not updating till Tuesday night.:roll: I guess they don't care about another potential 12 hours worth of game sales. I'm all ready with money in my wallet on PSN and willing to buy Shank for $5 and now I gotta wait and hope it's updated by the time I get home tonight.

I kinda wish they were going by Japanese time like they apparently were with the Welcome Back program. At least then I'd be able to buy the game by now.[/QUOTE]

Will you just shut the fuck up already? All you do on these boards is complain. Your schtick gets old.

Sony has updated on Tuesday night for the past 1.5 YEARS. It comes sometime as early as 4pm eastern and sometimes as late as 11pm eastern. What's your fucking problem?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Yay for Sony not updating till Tuesday night.:roll: I guess they don't care about another potential 12 hours worth of game sales. I'm all ready with money in my wallet on PSN and willing to buy Shank for $5 and now I gotta wait and hope it's updated by the time I get home tonight.

I kinda wish they were going by Japanese time like they apparently were with the Welcome Back program. At least then I'd be able to buy the game by now.[/QUOTE]

It's still the same amount of time the game is on sale. Whether it's on sale from 0800 Tuesday the 12 - 0800 Tuesday the 19th or 2100 Tuesday the 12 - 2100 tuesday the 19th.

Are you really that deprived by not being able to purchase the game tuesday morning as opposed to tuesday night?

[quote name='mtxbass1']Will you just shut the fuck up already? All you do on these boards is complain. Your schtick gets old.

Sony has updated on Tuesday night for the past 1.5 YEARS. It comes sometime as early as 4pm eastern and sometimes as late as 11pm eastern. What's your fucking problem?[/QUOTE]

Seriously. Also, unless I'm mistaken, didn't Sony update the store super early last Tuesday? I see comments starting at 12:22 PM (EST) saying how early they were:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/07/05/playstation-store-update-195/

[quote name='eldergamer']It's still the same amount of time the game is on sale. Whether it's on sale from 0800 Tuesday the 12 - 0800 Tuesday the 19th or 2100 Tuesday the 12 - 2100 tuesday the 19th.

Are you really that deprived by not being able to purchase the game tuesday morning as opposed to tuesday night?[/QUOTE]

Don't try and talk logical with someone who clearly has zero sense. He's easily one of the stupidest people I've ever encountered.

[quote name='WiiShopChannels']Does Burnout sale end today?? I probably shouldn't have waited last minute to buy it[/QUOTE]
It's probably over today, so you should grab it ASAP.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Don't try and talk logical with someone who clearly has zero sense. He's easily one of the stupidest people I've ever encountered.[/QUOTE]
He's anxious to pay $5 for Shank, which has been on sale several times over the past few weeks. So yeah, logic.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Fixed.[/QUOTE]

Oh, heh. That makes a difference. All this time without it mentioned, I'd assumed the times were AM.

No big deal, of course. I'll grab Scott Pilgrim and Pac-Man tonight rather than during my lunch break.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']He's anxious to pay $5 for Shank, which has been on sale several times over the past few weeks. So yeah, logic.[/QUOTE]

No shit. Wasn't Shank $5 for about a month? I think it only recently went back up in price. Sounds likes he's really searching hard for things to complain about now.

Hahahahah.

The new deals for this week:

PS3
Back to the Future: The Game - $13.99
Chime Super Deluxe - $6.99
Dead Space Extraction - $10.49
Hard Corps: Uprising - $10.49
Pac-Man Championship Edition DX - $6.99
PixelJunk Shooter 2 - $6.99
Risk: Factions - $6.99
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - $6.99
Shank - $6.99
Swarm - $10.49
Tales from Space: About a Blob - $10.49

PSP
Capcom Puzzle World - $4.99
Mega Man Maverick Hunter X - $4.99
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite - $9.99

PlayStation Plus

PS3
Back to the Future: The Game - $9.79
Chime Super Deluxe - $4.89
Dead Space Extraction - $7.34
Hard Corps: Uprising - $7.34
Pac-Man Championship Edition DX - $4.89
PixelJunk Shooter 2 - $4.89
Risk: Factions - $4.89
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - $4.89
Shank - $4.89
Swarm - $6.99
Tales from Space: About a Blob - $7.34

Dino Crisis 2 Bundle - $0.99

Burnout and all of the NFS DLC is still on sale, though that could go down once they get everything up.

[quote name='hordak']I'm dying to buy Pacman CE DX. AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH! :D[/QUOTE]

+1 I was hoping to buy it before I go in for the late shift at work tonight but like Iamthecheapestgamer I'm going to throw a fit and pout and not buy anything this week to show them how angry I am! *supreme sarcasm*

EDIT: Was literally going into the store when I posted this. The deal is live. Swish!

Also is Back to the Future worth it? I love the franchise (naturally) and I've heard it's pretty decent but I haven't been able to get into a point and click adventure game in probably more than 10 years. Going to try out the demo later and see what I think but CAG reviews can certainly push my decision as well.

Lastly, I'm thinking of caving on Burnout. Looks like it's still on sale. Which DLC should I pick up with the bundle for a complete game?

[quote name='Xiemos']Is the game scott pilgrim good for single player, even if I have never read the books/seen the movie?[/QUOTE]

Yes. Fantastic beat-em up. If your playing solo it's great since coop is local/non drop-in/drop-out. I bought it day 1 and it's worth every penny. I've 100%ed it on both platforms and I hated the movie. One of the best beat-em ups in a loong time. Great art style and music with increasingly fun gameplay.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Yes. Fantastic beat-em up. If your playing solo it's great since coop is local/non drop-in/drop-out. I bought it day 1 and it's worth every penny. I've 100%ed it on both platforms and I hated the movie. One of the best beat-em ups in a loong time. Great art style and music with increasingly fun gameplay.[/QUOTE]

Thank you, buying it now.

Looks like the Burnout Paradise and NFS DLC deals are still up, so procrastinators get a second shot at that stuff.

Edit: They've also overhauled the organization of the PS+ section. The Summer Sale games don't seem to be 50% off for PS+, but 30% off of the 30% discount that normal PSN people got. That means PS+ members technically get 51% off of these games rather than the 50% mentioned in the announcement post, which is just a weird way to do that.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Yes. Fantastic beat-em up. If your playing solo it's great since coop is local/non drop-in/drop-out. I bought it day 1 and it's worth every penny. I've 100%ed it on both platforms and I hated the movie. One of the best beat-em ups in a loong time. Great art style and music with increasingly fun gameplay.[/QUOTE]

Just wanted to add my own take on the Scott Pilgrim game. The best thing to know about it is that it's not based on the movie. At all.

I was reading the comics before the film was announced, and the day it premiered my friends and I watched it, got dinner, and played the game in one sitting. The game was far more faithful to the comics than the film was, taking the game references already inherent to the story and adding several others. I loved it, and had I owned a PS3 back then, I would have had this game immediately.

If you don't know the characters at all, the game will probably feel like a great retro River City Ransom with a running list of 8-and-16-bit fan love applied excellently. For local co-op, I even prefer it over Castle Crashers.

Bought Pacman!

Also, has anyone played their free welcome back gift games since the program ended? When I try to play infamous now it tells me to renew license (then it takes me to PS store and wants me to buy it for $30)

I did do the transfer data from my old ps3 to a new one (I'm now using the new one) But I did all the steps correctly (deactivating account before transferring and then activating on new ps3) So i don't know why it's not working. Anyone got any ideas?

I'm kinda bummed out 'cause I bought the Scott Pilgrim game last week at full price.
But, my free PS+ is stil lactive and I got the DLC for a dollar it and getting Pacman DX now. :'D

Next time I'm leaving PSN money there and not touching it until a sale...

[quote name='spike26']Bought Pacman!

Also, has anyone played their free welcome back gift games since the program ended? When I try to play infamous now it tells me to renew license (then it takes me to PS store and wants me to buy it for $30)

I did do the transfer data from my old ps3 to a new one (I'm now using the new one) But I did all the steps correctly (deactivating account before transferring and then activating on new ps3) So i don't know why it's not working. Anyone got any ideas?[/QUOTE]

I just started up infamous just now without any problems

[quote name='spike26']Bought Pacman!

I did do the transfer data from my old ps3 to a new one (I'm now using the new one) But I did all the steps correctly (deactivating account before transferring and then activating on new ps3) So i don't know why it's not working. Anyone got any ideas?[/QUOTE]
The only way I could see that happening is if you accidentally downloaded the Full Game Trial from the PS+ section instead of the full game from the Welcome Back section of the store. I just started up both LBP and Infamous and there were no issues for me. Trying pressing triangle on Infamous and seeing if an expiration date, or anything like that, appears under Information.

Just bought pj shooter 2 and noticed that the pixeljunk shooter loyalty avatar unlock is still active!

If you own shooter 1 and buy shooter 2 you can then get the free loyalty avatar under the pixeljunk shooter 1 section.

Go to: view all by title --> pixeljunk shooter 1 --> free loyalty avatar.

[quote name='PublikDefender']Just bought pj shooter 2 and noticed that the pixeljunk shooter loyalty avatar unlock is still active!

If you own shooter 1 and buy shooter 2 you can then get the free loyalty avatar under the pixeljunk shooter 1 section.

Go to: view all by title --> pixeljunk shooter 1 --> free loyalty avatar.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads-up! I got PJ1 free from my black Friday bundle, I should still be able to get it right?

how many of these threads are there? swear i saw a different one, but glad to have ps+, picked up pac man and scott pilgrim.

[quote name='ravens52bears54']I thought Tales From Space: About a Blob was going to be something like $7 or $8 for PS+ members? The OP says $4.89. Isn't that normally a $15 game?[/QUOTE]
Fixed the typo. Thanks for pointing that out.

[quote name='PublikDefender']Just bought pj shooter 2 and noticed that the pixeljunk shooter loyalty avatar unlock is still active!

Go to: view all by title --> pixeljunk shooter 1 --> free loyalty avatar.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up. Also did anyone else see the new green zombie and grim reaper dynamic themes? Those are so sweet, to bad im a cheap bastard. :D

[quote name='LordSMVS']Is Swarm showing up for 6.99 instead of 7.34 for you people too?[/QUOTE]
It was apparently dropped to $9.99 for the sale, so it's down to $6.99 for PS+ people.

I noticed that they included the Hard Corps and Scott Pilgrim DLC in the Summer Sale for PS+ members, so you can get that stuff for just over $1 each.

[quote name='LordSMVS']Is Swarm showing up for 6.99 instead of 7.34 for you people too?[/QUOTE]

Yes. It's higher than the 66% off $4.89 price they typoed, but it's cheaper than the 51% off $7.34 price it should be. I'm too tired to the math right now and figure out the % it's off.

Also......

BS. There IS a demo for Hard Corps: Uprising, but you only get to access it once you purchase the game. What's the point of that!? First I purchase the game and then I get to demo it? Or you know, I can then proceed to download the Unlock Key too. :roll:

Anyway, I'm sure I'll love the game and obviously I just bought it. But seriously, why is the demo not available separately? You know, like every other demo? There's no point in having the game be a demo and unlock key if you can't access the demo without purchasing the game. Or did the demo just get secretly released today? I'll admit I didn't look for a demo of the game today.

Are the free for PS+ old Sega games just the same thing that is on the Sonic's Genesis Collection? Meaning, if I already own that is there any reason to get these free PSN versions?

[quote name='kingtopher']Are the free for PS+ old Sega games just the same thing that is on the Sonic's Genesis Collection? Meaning, if I already own that is there any reason to get these free PSN versions?[/QUOTE]

Separate Trophies. These are an entire Trophy set, granted it's a small game size Trophy set so obviously there is no platinum.

[quote name='kingtopher']Are the free for PS+ old Sega games just the same thing that is on the Sonic's Genesis Collection? Meaning, if I already own that is there any reason to get these free PSN versions?[/QUOTE]

Online co-op and, if you're already signed up for PS+, free trophies.

[quote name='jacknicklson']The hard corps dlc, do the characters play different or are they basically skins?[/QUOTE]

I believe one of them is melee-based.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back