PSN Weekly Deals - 9/1: Atlus Sale, PS+ Specials, & 6 New PS+ Games! PWYW Foul Play on PS4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store on PSN.

Index

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 2 PM PT/5 PM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
X - Expires With Next Update
P - Permanent Price Drop
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

September's PS+ Games

:ps4: Driveclub PlayStation Plus Edition

:ps4: Grow Home

:vita: La-Mulana EX

:ps3: LittleBigPlanet Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move

:ps4:  :vita: Super Time Force Ultra

:ps4:  :ps3: Teslagrad

:ps3: Twisted Metal

:ps4:  :vita: Xeodrifter

PlayStation Heroes

:ps4: Foul Play - $2.00 to $100.00 [customspoiler='Fine Print'] :ps4: Foul Play is a part of the PlayStation Heroes program, which means that you can pay your choice among a variety of price points for an item that is usually a theme for entries into a contest to win some prize with most of the money going to a charity. There are no details at the moment for what the prize for buying Foul Play offers, so I'll post that whenever it's announced.

Edit: From the PlayStation Heroes app on PS4, the Foul Play promotion is for a trip to PlayStation Experience in December. Once you purchase the game, you're supposed to go here to register for the actual contest, though you should wait until the page is updated for the PlayStation Experience promotion instead of whatever it's on at the moment.[/customspoiler]

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT unless otherwise noted
:ps4: Destiny: The Taken King Collector's Edition - $79.99 - 20% Off Unbundled Items - Out 9/15 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]Destiny and the first two expansions for immediate download/play plus a theme. Early Access Weapons Pack with a Vanguard-themed Auto Rifle, Pulse Rifle, and Side Arm and 3 Exotic Class Items with XP Bonuses, 3 Class-Specific Emotes, and 3 Armor Shaders when it launches.[/customspoiler]
:ps3: Destiny: The Taken King Collector's Edition - $79.99 - 20% Off Unbundled Items - Out 9/15 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]Destiny and the first two expansions for immediate download/play plus a theme. Early Access Weapons Pack with a Vanguard-themed Auto Rifle, Pulse Rifle, and Side Arm and 3 Exotic Class Items with XP Bonuses, 3 Class-Specific Emotes, and 3 Armor Shaders when it launches.[/customspoiler]
:ps4: Sword Coast Legends - $34.79 - 13% Off - Out Fall 2016 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]170 Platinum for Warframe[/customspoiler]

:ps3: Yakuza 5 - $33.99 - 15% Off - Out Fall 2015 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]PS3 Static Theme[/customspoiler]

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Back to Bed Game & Dynamic Theme Bundle - $14.99 - 25% Off X

:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Nova-111 - $11.99 - 20% Off X

:ps4:  :vita: PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate - $11.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted - $6.99 - 30% Off
:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Q*bert: Rebooted/Pixel Game and Theme Bundle - $8.99 - 25% Off

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: The Stealth Inc 1 & 2 Ultimate-est Edition - $12.99 - 24% Off NP

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones - $9.99 - 33% Off NP
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Titan Attacks! - $3.49 - 75% Off X

:ps4:  :vita: Velocibox - $9.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :vita: Whispering Willows - $9.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :vita: Whispering Willows Game and PS4 Theme Bundle - $9.99 - 20% Off

PS4

Armello - $13.99 - 30% Off NX

Attacking Zegeta - $5.00 - 50% Off

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $39.99 - 20% Off NX

Daylight - $7.50 - 50% Off NX

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off N

Driveclub - $24.99 - 38% Off

God of War III Remastered - $35.99 - 10% Off NX

J-Stars Victory VS+ - $41.99 - 30% Off NX
The Last Tinker: City of Colors Game and Theme Bundle - $10.19 - 40% Off
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - $29.99 - 40% Off NP
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition - $39.99 - 20% Off NP
Wolfenstein: The Old Blood - $10.00 - 50% Off NX
Yorbie - $4.99 - 50% Off NP
Zombie Vikings - $13.99 - 30% Off NX

PS3

AquaPazza - $15.00 - 50% Off NX
Bladestorm: Nightmare - $34.99 - 30% Off NX
BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $27.99 - 30% Off NX
Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess - $34.99 - 30% Off NX

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off N
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off - Move Compatible

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Legion Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off NP

R.I.P.D.: The Game - $3.00 - 70% Off NX
Tears to Tiara II: Heir of the Overlord - $20.00 - 50% Off NX
World Hunter - $8.99 - 10% Off

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

PS1 Classics - Compatible with PS3/PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Vita- PS TV Compatibility

Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars - $19.79 - 34% Off NX

Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess - $29.99 - 25% Off NX

Draw Slasher - $3.00 - 50% Off
Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart - $29.99 - 25% Off NP
Hyperdimension Neptunia ReBirth2 - $29.99 - 25% Off NP
J-Stars Victory VS+ - $27.99 - 30% Off NX
Persona 4 Golden - $19.79 - 34% Off NX
PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate HD - $11.99 - 20% Off
Reel Fishing Master's Challenge - $19.99 - 33% Off NP

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

Gungnir - $10.00 - 50% Off NX
Hexyz Force - $4.95 - 67% Off NX
Knights in the Nightmare - $4.95 - 67% Off NX
Riviera: The Promised Land - $5.00 - 50% Off NX
Yggdra Union - $5.00 - 50% Off NX

Minis - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Blacklight: Retribution

DC Universe Online

Loadout

PlanetSide 2

Trans-Galactic Tournament

Warframe

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

PS3 Add-ons

Dust 514
Skullgirls Encore

Vita Add-ons

My Singing Monsters

Samurai Warriors: Chronicles 3

Themes

:ps4: Back to Bed Dynamic Theme - $2.39 - 20% Off

:ps4: The Last Tinker Dynamic Theme - $2.00 - 50% Off

:ps4: Q*bert: Rebooted Dynamic Theme - $2.00 - 50% Off
:ps4: Velocibox Dynamic Theme - $2.39 - 20% Off

:ps3: Yakuza 5: Fulfiller of Dreams - Free

Protection Plans
:ps4: PlayStation Protection Plan - Accidental Damage 36 Months - $53.99 - 10% Off
:ps4: PlayStation Protection Plan - Non-Accidental Damage 36 Months - $44.99 - 10% Off

Weird Prices on PSN
:ps3: :psp: 9-in-1 Mega Pack - $2.99 - 70% Off
:ps3: Foosball 2012 Ultimate Foosball Bundle - $2.99 - 70% Off
:vita: Foosball 2012 Ultimate Foosball Bundle - $2.99 - 70% Off
:psp: Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee - $3.99 - 60% Off
:ps3: Psychonauts - $4.99 - 50% Off
:ps3: Saints Row 2 - $4.99 - 50% Off
:ps3: Sports Champions - $4.99 - 50% Off - Move Required
:ps3: Sports Champions 2 - $4.99 - 50% Off - Move Required
:ps3: Street Fighter III Third Strike Online Edition - $3.99 - 60% Off
:ps3: :psp: The Ultimate Runner Game Bundle - $1.99 - 50% Off [customspoiler=Includes]The Impossible Game and One Epic Game, which are normally $1.99 each.[/customspoiler]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
It's just an annoyance more then anything. Sure we're going to spend that money down the road but now I've had to spend more then I wanted to at that moment and it's enough to make me rethink my purchase entirely. Especially when it's you're 10 cents or less short. It's just silly when MS abandoned it two years ago and even stuck in the 1980s (but not in a good way) Nintendo doesn't make you do that. Certainly not going to stop me from buying on PSN but it's a relatively minor thing but odd and antiquated none the less.

It's just an annoyance more then anything. Sure we're going to spend that money down the road but now I've had to spend more then I wanted to at that moment and it's enough to make me rethink my purchase entirely. Especially when it's you're 10 cents or less short. It's just silly when MS abandoned it two years ago and even stuck in the 1980s (but not in a good way) Nintendo doesn't make you do that. Certainly not going to stop me from buying on PSN but it's a relatively minor thing but odd and antiquated none the less.
Yes, excellent addition to my statement! ;)

I don't understand why anyone in this thread, who obviously buys stuff on a regular basis, actually cares that there is a $5 add to wallet to avoid microtransaction fees.
There are the Obsessive-compulsives. Which they will never be happy unless things are perfect which seems insane but that's because it kind of is. Then there are also the super cheap cags that won't pay for PS+ but likes the PS+ sales so they setup account after account for the free PS+ trial and try to get the account down to $0 before the trial is up all to save a few bucks. So it's more about cheating the system for them than actually being so obsessive about seeing a $0 balance.

I'm not one of those people though, I'm with you. I pay for my PS+ and buying extra PSN credit that I'm not going to spend right now is no big deal as there will be more sales and other games I'm interested in. I typically never buy less than a $20 card though because it makes it easier when the next sale hits to still have enough money to possibly get through it without having to buy more psn cards.

Anyway it's Tuesday so we'll see what if any sales are announced. I'm kind of hoping for another off week from spending but there is that potential for a 15 for 15 sale since it didn't happen earlier in the year due most likely to all the other sales.

Everybody prepare for the sales! I've got $50 and $20 psn codes for 10% off. PM me.
As much as I like to save, isn't it against forum rules to peddle your wares here? I've seen your posts before and have been surprised that no one was saying anything.

If you are buying credit direct from PSN you're doing it wrong anyway, whenever there is a good sale on cards you should stock up on enough to last you several months.

only thing that sucks is the PSN wallet has a max amount of $150 it can store, i bought a bunch of $50 psn cards last holidays on ebay ( was selling for like $35 or something) but can't use them yet since I'm at $120 balance.

plus sales on digital PS4 games have been pretty much ass this entire year

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/05/12/assassins-creed-syndicate-revealed-coming-to-ps4-october-23rd/

Assassin's Creed Syndicate is the new PS4 AC game that will be out on 10/23. There are two trailers in the article.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/05/12/color-guardians-on-ps4-ps-vita-today/

Details on Color Guardians, which is put for PS4/Vita today with Cross Buy support and a platinum trophy.
This is surreal as I used to work with studio that made Color Guardians. They have been trying to get into games for 10 years. They were making kids camera software when I managed them. Game doesn't look half bad so I'll have to check it out.

This is surreal as I used to work with studio that made Color Guardians. They have been trying to get into games for 10 years. They were making kids camera software when I managed them. Game doesn't look half bad so I'll have to check it out.
It does look good but may wait on impressions / reviews. Getting a little burnt out on sidescrollers.

Thanks for the heads up! I'm so behind on Assassin's Creed. The last one I played and finished was Assassin's Creed II.
I haven't played any of them, should I even play 1? I hear the controls are so clunky that it might not be worth it. Or is it fairly easy enough that I can just try to speed through just the story and not worry about side quests?

I haven't played any of them, should I even play 1? I hear the controls are so clunky that it might not be worth it. Or is it fairly easy enough that I can just try to speed through just the story and not worry about side quests?
The ACs worth playing:

AC2, Brotherhood, Revelations, 4, Rogue

Pass on the rest

I'd say just jump straight to 4: Black Flag. The first few do feel very dated, and the story more or less wraps up with Revelations.

There are the Obsessive-compulsives. Which they will never be happy unless things are perfect which seems insane but that's because it kind of is. Then there are also the super cheap cags that won't pay for PS+ but likes the PS+ sales so they setup account after account for the free PS+ trial and try to get the account down to $0 before the trial is up all to save a few bucks. So it's more about cheating the system for them than actually being so obsessive about seeing a $0 balance.

I'm not one of those people though, I'm with you. I pay for my PS+ and buying extra PSN credit that I'm not going to spend right now is no big deal as there will be more sales and other games I'm interested in. I typically never buy less than a $20 card though because it makes it easier when the next sale hits to still have enough money to possibly get through it without having to buy more psn cards.

Anyway it's Tuesday so we'll see what if any sales are announced. I'm kind of hoping for another off week from spending but there is that potential for a 15 for 15 sale since it didn't happen earlier in the year due most likely to all the other sales.
I have a huge pile of PSN credit at any time. I think right now I've got like 35 on my account and 90 in cards. I sometimes buy with CC just so I don't have to break a PSN card.

And when I have to top up to $5 (rare) I actually like it, because that means next time I go to buy something I already have a couple bucks in the hopper.

It's just an annoyance more then anything. Sure we're going to spend that money down the road but now I've had to spend more then I wanted to at that moment and it's enough to make me rethink my purchase entirely.
What I don't get is that people have no problem stocking up on cards, etc. That's effectively the same thing -- pre-spending.

I view pre-spending positively when it comes to gaming, because I know it'll make some future purchase easier. Like, if I need to top up to $5 to get Awesome game #1, I know in a couple weeks that'll also make picking up Awesome game #2 that much easier since I'll have a few bucks in my account.

It's the same reason I don't mind converting my gaming budget dollars to PSN cards if there's a deal or something... I know i'll spend it, and it's nice having dedicated funds since it's much easier to buy Awesome game #3 if I already have funds on cards or in my account. [versus agonizing over it all week, like most of us always do]

If you are buying credit direct from PSN you're doing it wrong anyway, whenever there is a good sale on cards you should stock up on enough to last you several months.
There's no way I'd invest hundreds in any one of the major ecosystems when the cards go on sale. I might grab a $50 card, but that's about it. I see more than enough people in the XBL thread posting things like "I've got $500 in credit that expires in two months and I just realized I never liked games. :whistle2:(" all the time to make it obvious that it's a bad idea to bet on that stuff so early in advance.

There's an Activision sale for this week, which seems to be a typical Activision sale:

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/activision-sale/cid=STORE-MSF77008-ACTIVISIONSALE

MotorStorm RC got a permanent price drop for $4.99, $9.99 for a Complete Edition:

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/motorstorm-rc-ps-vita/cid=UP9000-PCSA00034_00-UMOTORSTOR000001

Girl Fight is $1.99 (click on "Choose Version" and there's a $1.99 option):

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/girl-fight/cid=UP1012-NPUB30736_00-GIRLFIGHT0000001

Preliminary list of PS+ Deals:

Nom Nom Galaxy - PS4 - $11.99 - 20% Off
Toren - PS4 - $8.99 - 10% Off
Ultratron - PS4/PS3/Vita - $7.99 - 20% Off - Cross Buy
UFC 187: Johnson vs Cormier - PPV Pre-Order - $44.99 - 10% Off - Airs 5/23

Is this any good? With the lack of good racing games compatible with PSTV, I had been considering it (and I have Sonic All-Star Racing Transformed on 360).
The controls take a bit to get used to them as RC controls go, but it was one of my favorite early Vita games and does the Cross Save stuff better than any other game by syncing through the online leaderboards.

art style for toren looks good but ill wait it out trying it out on pc in fewm ins if its any good i might swoop it up

looks like ico meets windwaker artstyle

I saw an ad for the Activison sale, which said "up to 80% off". Huh? Unless some prices haven't updated, I don't see anything even close to 80% off. Destiny is 50% off even though we all know it can be had cheaper. And all of the other miscellaneous crap in there doesn't seem too steeply discounted.

I saw an ad for the Activison sale, which said "up to 80% off". Huh? Unless some prices haven't updated, I don't see anything even close to 80% off. Destiny is 50% off even though we all know it can be had cheaper. And all of the other miscellaneous crap in there doesn't seem too steeply discounted.
The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct, whose title is actually misspelled on PSN, is 80% off at $9.99. Angry Birds Star Wars are the closest to that at 70-75% off.

The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct, whose title is actually misspelled on PSN, is 80% off at $9.99. Angry Birds Star Wars are the closest to that at 70-75% off.
Ah, well, hadn't really paid much attention to that particular TWD game. I didn't think it was a (almost) full price release. Also didn't realize how bad it must be. Few games can boast a 1.5 average on Metacritic.

Doesn't matter. Not much for me sales wise this week. On both PSN and XBL, wish there would be more discounts on indie/arcade games than games available at retail.

So looks like they completely pulled the original Helldivers release and now there's just the "turning up the heat" edition? Don't think I've ever seen a game go from regular to an expanded edition this quick.

Edit: NM. Guess it's the same price as the original just with some added stuff.

So looks like they completely pulled the original Helldivers release and now there's just the "turning up the heat" edition? Don't think I've ever seen a game go from regular to an expanded edition this quick.
It's just the game with one of the new DLC packs to promote the big expansion update and it'll go back to normal once this promotion is over.

There's no way I'd invest hundreds in any one of the major ecosystems when the cards go on sale. I might grab a $50 card, but that's about it. I see more than enough people in the XBL thread posting things like "I've got $500 in credit that expires in two months and I just realized I never liked games. :whistle2:(" all the time to make it obvious that it's a bad idea to bet on that stuff so early in advance.
$500 is extreme, but I don't mind being at about $100 or so in cards at any given time. There's no chance of that expiring on me (if they even expire?) and besides, i can always plop it into my wallet and make it permanent anyway.

First world problems.
Not directly responding to you, but Store updates have been on Tuesdays for a long time.

Granted, pretty much all last year they pretty much nailed 2pm PST, and it seems like they've been having issues hitting that in 2015 for some reason - at least, the past 2 months or so, hard to keep track.

It's live now, though. It's 2:20, not sure when it went up so it could even have been on time. Even if it was 20 min off that's no big deal.

Looks like the Rocket League beta is live again, so those that were in it before can play it some more.

The servers are now open 24/7 and they've added a 4v4 option, tutorial and training modes, and a new stadium. The beta ends on 5/19.

That's a pretty impressive add for PSNow.

Tons of Assassin's Creed, some Far Cry, Splinter Cell, Prince of Persia, Rainbow Six and more.

If i didn't already have a massive backlog I'd definitely consider it... I'm not sure I'd ever run out of stuff to try on the subscription.

Not directly responding to you, but Store updates have been on Tuesdays for a long time.

Granted, pretty much all last year they pretty much nailed 2pm PST, and it seems like they've been having issues hitting that in 2015 for some reason - at least, the past 2 months or so, hard to keep track.

It's live now, though. It's 2:20, not sure when it went up so it could even have been on time. Even if it was 20 min off that's no big deal.
It went live at 5 PM, as it does most of the time.

That's a pretty impressive add for PSNow.

Tons of Assassin's Creed, some Far Cry, Splinter Cell, Prince of Persia, Rainbow Six and more.

If i didn't already have a massive backlog I'd definitely consider it... I'm not sure I'd ever run out of stuff to try on the subscription.
They're rentals, not part of the sub.

First world problems.
If you're on a computer and on this site, you've probably encountered computer hardware issues and stuff like resizing your CAG avatar to fit specifications. Hell, we're all here because we don't want to spend full price on digital entertainment

We're all guilty here. That's a tall horse you're riding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back