PSN Weekly Deals - 9/1: Atlus Sale, PS+ Specials, & 6 New PS+ Games! PWYW Foul Play on PS4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store on PSN.

Index

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 2 PM PT/5 PM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
X - Expires With Next Update
P - Permanent Price Drop
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

September's PS+ Games

:ps4: Driveclub PlayStation Plus Edition

:ps4: Grow Home

:vita: La-Mulana EX

:ps3: LittleBigPlanet Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move

:ps4:  :vita: Super Time Force Ultra

:ps4:  :ps3: Teslagrad

:ps3: Twisted Metal

:ps4:  :vita: Xeodrifter

PlayStation Heroes

:ps4: Foul Play - $2.00 to $100.00 [customspoiler='Fine Print'] :ps4: Foul Play is a part of the PlayStation Heroes program, which means that you can pay your choice among a variety of price points for an item that is usually a theme for entries into a contest to win some prize with most of the money going to a charity. There are no details at the moment for what the prize for buying Foul Play offers, so I'll post that whenever it's announced.

Edit: From the PlayStation Heroes app on PS4, the Foul Play promotion is for a trip to PlayStation Experience in December. Once you purchase the game, you're supposed to go here to register for the actual contest, though you should wait until the page is updated for the PlayStation Experience promotion instead of whatever it's on at the moment.[/customspoiler]

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT unless otherwise noted
:ps4: Destiny: The Taken King Collector's Edition - $79.99 - 20% Off Unbundled Items - Out 9/15 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]Destiny and the first two expansions for immediate download/play plus a theme. Early Access Weapons Pack with a Vanguard-themed Auto Rifle, Pulse Rifle, and Side Arm and 3 Exotic Class Items with XP Bonuses, 3 Class-Specific Emotes, and 3 Armor Shaders when it launches.[/customspoiler]
:ps3: Destiny: The Taken King Collector's Edition - $79.99 - 20% Off Unbundled Items - Out 9/15 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]Destiny and the first two expansions for immediate download/play plus a theme. Early Access Weapons Pack with a Vanguard-themed Auto Rifle, Pulse Rifle, and Side Arm and 3 Exotic Class Items with XP Bonuses, 3 Class-Specific Emotes, and 3 Armor Shaders when it launches.[/customspoiler]
:ps4: Sword Coast Legends - $34.79 - 13% Off - Out Fall 2016 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]170 Platinum for Warframe[/customspoiler]

:ps3: Yakuza 5 - $33.99 - 15% Off - Out Fall 2015 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]PS3 Static Theme[/customspoiler]

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Back to Bed Game & Dynamic Theme Bundle - $14.99 - 25% Off X

:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Nova-111 - $11.99 - 20% Off X

:ps4:  :vita: PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate - $11.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted - $6.99 - 30% Off
:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Q*bert: Rebooted/Pixel Game and Theme Bundle - $8.99 - 25% Off

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: The Stealth Inc 1 & 2 Ultimate-est Edition - $12.99 - 24% Off NP

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones - $9.99 - 33% Off NP
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Titan Attacks! - $3.49 - 75% Off X

:ps4:  :vita: Velocibox - $9.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :vita: Whispering Willows - $9.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :vita: Whispering Willows Game and PS4 Theme Bundle - $9.99 - 20% Off

PS4

Armello - $13.99 - 30% Off NX

Attacking Zegeta - $5.00 - 50% Off

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $39.99 - 20% Off NX

Daylight - $7.50 - 50% Off NX

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off N

Driveclub - $24.99 - 38% Off

God of War III Remastered - $35.99 - 10% Off NX

J-Stars Victory VS+ - $41.99 - 30% Off NX
The Last Tinker: City of Colors Game and Theme Bundle - $10.19 - 40% Off
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - $29.99 - 40% Off NP
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition - $39.99 - 20% Off NP
Wolfenstein: The Old Blood - $10.00 - 50% Off NX
Yorbie - $4.99 - 50% Off NP
Zombie Vikings - $13.99 - 30% Off NX

PS3

AquaPazza - $15.00 - 50% Off NX
Bladestorm: Nightmare - $34.99 - 30% Off NX
BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $27.99 - 30% Off NX
Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess - $34.99 - 30% Off NX

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off N
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off - Move Compatible

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Legion Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off NP

R.I.P.D.: The Game - $3.00 - 70% Off NX
Tears to Tiara II: Heir of the Overlord - $20.00 - 50% Off NX
World Hunter - $8.99 - 10% Off

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

PS1 Classics - Compatible with PS3/PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Vita- PS TV Compatibility

Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars - $19.79 - 34% Off NX

Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess - $29.99 - 25% Off NX

Draw Slasher - $3.00 - 50% Off
Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart - $29.99 - 25% Off NP
Hyperdimension Neptunia ReBirth2 - $29.99 - 25% Off NP
J-Stars Victory VS+ - $27.99 - 30% Off NX
Persona 4 Golden - $19.79 - 34% Off NX
PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate HD - $11.99 - 20% Off
Reel Fishing Master's Challenge - $19.99 - 33% Off NP

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

Gungnir - $10.00 - 50% Off NX
Hexyz Force - $4.95 - 67% Off NX
Knights in the Nightmare - $4.95 - 67% Off NX
Riviera: The Promised Land - $5.00 - 50% Off NX
Yggdra Union - $5.00 - 50% Off NX

Minis - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Blacklight: Retribution

DC Universe Online

Loadout

PlanetSide 2

Trans-Galactic Tournament

Warframe

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

PS3 Add-ons

Dust 514
Skullgirls Encore

Vita Add-ons

My Singing Monsters

Samurai Warriors: Chronicles 3

Themes

:ps4: Back to Bed Dynamic Theme - $2.39 - 20% Off

:ps4: The Last Tinker Dynamic Theme - $2.00 - 50% Off

:ps4: Q*bert: Rebooted Dynamic Theme - $2.00 - 50% Off
:ps4: Velocibox Dynamic Theme - $2.39 - 20% Off

:ps3: Yakuza 5: Fulfiller of Dreams - Free

Protection Plans
:ps4: PlayStation Protection Plan - Accidental Damage 36 Months - $53.99 - 10% Off
:ps4: PlayStation Protection Plan - Non-Accidental Damage 36 Months - $44.99 - 10% Off

Weird Prices on PSN
:ps3: :psp: 9-in-1 Mega Pack - $2.99 - 70% Off
:ps3: Foosball 2012 Ultimate Foosball Bundle - $2.99 - 70% Off
:vita: Foosball 2012 Ultimate Foosball Bundle - $2.99 - 70% Off
:psp: Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee - $3.99 - 60% Off
:ps3: Psychonauts - $4.99 - 50% Off
:ps3: Saints Row 2 - $4.99 - 50% Off
:ps3: Sports Champions - $4.99 - 50% Off - Move Required
:ps3: Sports Champions 2 - $4.99 - 50% Off - Move Required
:ps3: Street Fighter III Third Strike Online Edition - $3.99 - 60% Off
:ps3: :psp: The Ultimate Runner Game Bundle - $1.99 - 50% Off [customspoiler=Includes]The Impossible Game and One Epic Game, which are normally $1.99 each.[/customspoiler]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
That's not a definition.

In addition, what do you call believing all female video game characters have to look "stereoptypically "ugly"" then? I am genuinely curious.

And I am not playing word games with you*. If you believe so, then please tell me where I said female characters have to look a certain way.

*Actually I am doubling up on the scare quotes in a sarcastic manner so that's not entirely true but the thrust of my argument** remains the same.

**I will simply have to leave it up to the audience to decide whether describing the main point of the argument as a "thrust," a male-oriented term if there ever was one, is inherently sexist.
You're no Phoenix Wright, that's for sure. You're barely a Winston Payne. Your "turnabout" makes no sense, and would probably get you an instant game over from the death penalty-happy judge.

Reading was hard for me too when I was your age. Backing up the things I said back then, even harder. I hold you in no ill will.

You're no Phoenix Wright, that's for sure. You're barely a Winston Payne. Your "turnabout" makes no sense, and would probably get you an instant game over from the death penalty-happy judge.
I don't remember the judge supporting the death penalty. The old bald guy, right? He was always bumbling around like any other sweet old man. That would make the series pretty dark if true.

I don't remember the judge supporting the death penalty. The old bald guy, right? He was always bumbling around like any other sweet old man. That would make the series pretty dark if true.
They definitely alluded to defendants dying if they were found guilty, considering they were often tried for murder. And the Judge really loved to declare guilty at the drop of a hat, because in the weirdo pseudo-Japanese world of Phoenix Wright, reasonable doubt and the burden of proof being on the prosecution are not things anyone has heard of.

Reading was hard for me too when I was your age. Backing up the things I said back then, even harder. I hold you in no ill will.
Stop drinking paint thinner in your spare time and you'll probably see a huge increase in cognitive function. Say hi to Deader for me.

Now, I will say in my youth I was nowhere near rash enough to say "I don't understand what you said." and then, one post later, accuse the person who I did not understand of being dumb. Why, if I had done that, I would look downright silly.

Who is Deader?

So the suspect couldn't have seen if the female character was stereotypically ugly or pretty due to the angle.

Are any surprise witnesses available?

Weird.  The url up top says psn-weekly-deals, yet I seem to be in the insanity thread.

I have to stop using Eldritch's phone to type in the web address.

Not worth it. You're all guilty.

Case closed!
tumblr_inline_mr8qh408dl1qz4rgp.png

Hey guys. Sorry to bother you, but I've got some PS+ questions and so maybe you guys can help.

A) So if I got a game from the Instant Game Collection while it was cross-buy, I'll get both versions when I re-sub right?

What happens if a IGC game gets cross-buy added later? Is it purchaseable as long as you're subbed?

Since I'm not currently subbed I can't check myself, but I was hoping that I'd have the Vita version of Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time.

B) With cross-buy games, you don't have to add both versions to cart, right?

C) Are any of you who got Thomas Was Alone while it was free for PS+ able to get the PS4 version for free?

Hey guys. Sorry to bother you, but I've got some PS+ questions and so maybe you guys can help.

A) So if I got a game from the Instant Game Collection while it was cross-buy, I'll get both versions when I re-sub right?

What happens if a IGC game gets cross-buy added later? Is it purchaseable as long as you're subbed?

Since I'm not currently subbed I can't check myself, but I was hoping that I'd have the Vita version of Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time.

B) With cross-buy games, you don't have to add both versions to cart, right?

C) Are any of you who got Thomas Was Alone while it was free for PS+ able to get the PS4 version for free?
A) Yes on all accounts. Some people have said they've been able to get other versions that came out later once their sub lapsed but I can't speak to that.

B) You shouldn't. Some people have mentioned not getting certain versions but it could be from when they've done games that weren't actually cross buy and they just gave multiple versions that month.

C) I can't speak to that personally, I bought it on a flash sale before that.

A) Yes on all accounts. Some people have said they've been able to get other versions that came out later once their sub lapsed but I can't speak to that.

B) You shouldn't. Some people have mentioned not getting certain versions but it could be from when they've done games that weren't actually cross buy and they just gave multiple versions that month.

C) I can't speak to that personally, I bought it on a flash sale before that.
Thanks. So if cross-buy is added later and you buy it while subbed, do you still have access to said version once your sub lapses? Or is it entirely dependent on your current ownership of the original game?

I did some digging on C, and apparently you could get the PS4 version free even if you got the game as part of IGC.

I managed to grab Thomas Was Alone with Plus, but forgot I did so and bought it for $0.99 during a flash sale after my sub lapsed thinking I didn't own it already. :wall:

I think he meant 'they don't need to support it' as in, it's automatic, not as in, they aren't required to support it. All a dev has to do is make a game for ps4, and it will support remote play automatically without doing anything, assuming it's not a camera based game, etc.

Almost nobody played the game, and of that almost nobody, a further almost nobody ever spent money to buy stuff in game.

So Sony is shutting it down, and people are acting like it's a surprise and that Sony is the devil, despite it being the only sane thing to do for a game nobody is paying for.
But what does shutting it down really mean? I havent played the game, is it online only? Could i still d.load it before they 'shut it down' and play it or does it require servers? Are they straight pulling it from the network?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDdQ42R3UZs

Abyss Odyssey was a very decent though kind of short game. Honestly it's not a game I want remastered seeing as the previous generation (played on PC) looked fine. Hard to control at first but fun battle system after.
I actually kinda enjoyed the demo of that i played on PS3 a while back. Biggest gripe was the combat was a bit clunky but it was kind of fun. If the PS4 graphic are improved it may be worth a look. PS3 looked like garbage. Nice to hear the PC version looked ok at least

But what does shutting it down really mean? I havent played the game, is it online only? Could i still d.load it before they 'shut it down' and play it or does it require servers? Are they straight pulling it from the network?
Destiny of Spirits requires you to be constantly connected online for everything so when they pull the plug nothing will work

Has anyone preordered Magica 2? Any impressions based on the preview demo you get with the preorder?

Also curious as to why it's $17.99 vs $14.99 for the PC version on Stream. Also worried that they may give PS+ subscribers a discount the week of release
Anyone played this series on the console? I played a bit of the original on PC (i need to get back to it and play it for real it was pretty fun), and i cant see how it would control well with a controller

I had to delete some games from my Vita memory card. Is there a way to move or reorganize the remaining app icons on the Vita's home screen to close up the gaps left by the missing icons?

Anyone played this series on the console? I played a bit of the original on PC (i need to get back to it and play it for real it was pretty fun), and i cant see how it would control well with a controller
I believe the original had controller support from the start that I heard good things about, plus Helldivers works well on a controller with a similar mechanic, so it should be fine.

It's basically an MMO that, as mentioned, requires being connected at all times.

I had to delete some games from my Vita memory card. Is there a way to move or reorganize the remaining app icons on the Vita's home screen to close up the gaps left by the missing icons?
Tap an app and don't let go for a couple of seconds. The screen should zoom out a bit and from this point you can move the icons around and even add new pages or change the background for each page. When you're done, just tap the "back" icon at the bottom left of the screen and you're all set.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/05/10/the-drop-new-playstation-games-for-5122015/

Here's The Drop for this week:

New PlayStation Games This Week

Arcade Archives Double Dragon
PS4 — Digital

Double Dragon is an action game that was released by Technos Japan (Million) in 1987. Two brothers fight evil to rescue Marian who has been kidnapped by a violent organization. An absolutely classic side-scrolling beat-em-up that is still well loved today.

ArcaniA: The Complete Tale
PS4 — Digital

Decide the battle for the future of Argaan! The empire of Myrtana is in turmoil: the power-mad king has set out to conquer the southern islands — no matter the cost. In these troubled times you suddenly find yourself in the middle of civil unrest and war — all centered around a mysterious, ancient power.

Breach & Clear
PS Vita — Digital

Build your arsenal with thousands of gun combinations, and specialize each soldier with a combination of perks, tactics, camo, armor, and inventory all tailored by you. Tune your load-out with consumables like UAV Drones and Breaching Charges that can change the course of battle!

Color Guardians
PS4, PS Vita — Digital (Cross Buy)

An action-packed game with a whole spectrum of tricky obstacles, vibrant worlds, and dangerous hazards! Enjoy a new adventure across 70 levels on both PS4 and PS Vita with cross buy and cross save. Run, jump, dodge, and swap your own colors as you try to restore life to the world.

Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster
PS4 — Digital

Two of the greatest RPGs of their generation come to PS4 in beautifully remastered graphics and sound. Final Fantasy X and Final Fantasy X-2, first released on PS2, are widely acclaimed for their moving stories, endearing characters, and memorable adventures. This HD Remaster presents both of these timeless classics on PS4.

The Last of Us: Left Behind (Stand Alone)
PS4, PS3 — Digital

Ellie returns in Naughty Dog’s first ever, single-player downloadable story chapter. Purchase this chapter now without buying the full game. The Last of Us: Left Behind combines themes of survival, loyalty, and love with tense, survival-action gameplay in this critically acclaimed chapter to the best-selling game, The Last of Us.

Lost Orbit
PS4 — Digital

Lost Orbit centers around the exploration of space. Players take control of a lone astronaut (Harrison) who sets off on a dangerous journey to rejoin his civilization, armed with only an improvised set of equipment and a relentless spirit. Without the help of his ship, Harrison will need to use the gravitational forces of planets to navigate and propel himself through space.

Nom Nom Galaxy
PS4 — Digital

Welcome to Soup Co., Astroworker! After crash-landing on an alien planet, explore the environment, create huge factories and ship delicious batches of soup into space to earn gold for weapons, vehicles and more! Nom Nom Galaxy blends tower defense, sandbox exploration, co-op platforming, resource management and construction into a unique interstellar experience!

Project Cars
PS4 — Digital, Retail

Guided, tested, and approved by a passionate community of racing fans and real-life drivers, Project Cars represents the next-generation of racing simulation as the ultimate combination of fan desire and developer expertise. Discover an unrivaled immersion fuelled by world-class graphics and handling that allows you to truly feel the road.

Schrödinger’s Cat and the Raiders of the Lost Quark
PS4 — Digital

Schrödinger’s Cat is a fun, frantic, wacky, and colorful puzzle-laden platform game, set in a unique and quirky quantum physics world. There’s chaos at the Particle Zoo! What used to be a cheery theme-park environment is now overrun with hungry leptons, sticky-fingered gluons and massive, stubborn bosons.

Toren
PS4 — Digital

Experience the mysterious, timeless world of Toren, the first adventure game from Brazilian indie developer Swordtales. You are Moonchild, destined to climb the tower (known as Toren) on a hauntingly solitary journey to find your purpose.

Ultratron
PS4, PS3, PS Vita — Digital (Three Way Cross Buy)

Experience the addictive gameplay of old-school arcade favorites, updated for the 21st century, with unique upgrades, player responsive difficulty, and a subtle system of tactics combined with classic gameplay. Ultratron is a twin-stick arena shooter inspired by some of the best classics arcade gaming has to offer.

Mat Mania and Double Dragon bring me back to the good ol' days.  My buddy and I still talk about our battles together back then on these 2 games every time we see each other.  Double Dragon looks like a 100%, perfect arcade port.  Can't wait!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/05/11/volume-new-video-showcases-built-in-level-editor/

Mike Bithell shows off the level editor for Volume in a new video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PFySU14wZg

Release date will be announced at E3.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/05/11/breach-clear-infiltrates-ps-vita-tomorrow/

Some details on Breach & Clear that will be out for Vita/PSTV tomorrow for $14.99. Great response to a dumb comment here.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/05/11/ark-survival-evolved-coming-to-ps4-project-morpheus/

Ark: Survival Evolved is coming to PS4 and Project Morpheus. I'm hoping that we keep seeing more Morpheus games announced in the lead up to E3.

I can't remember if Breach & Clear was free at one time or just a $1 on iOS... either way I played it some on my iPhone nearly two years ago now.  It's a good game and what they did to continue it on steam is pretty nice.  I'm not sure though I would bother with it more as I'm not big on the genre.  Still, the forum over there said it is PSTV supported... so that is pretty cool.

I can't remember if Breach & Clear was free at one time or just a $1 on iOS... either way I played it some on my iPhone nearly two years ago now. It's a good game and what they did to continue it on steam is pretty nice. I'm not sure though I would bother with it more as I'm not big on the genre. Still, the forum over there said it is PSTV supported... so that is pretty cool.
It was free through IGN for iOS.

I can't remember if Breach & Clear was free at one time or just a $1 on iOS... either way I played it some on my iPhone nearly two years ago now. It's a good game and what they did to continue it on steam is pretty nice. I'm not sure though I would bother with it more as I'm not big on the genre. Still, the forum over there said it is PSTV supported... so that is pretty cool.
Not the best entry, but I do love the genre and really enjoyed it. Looking forward to eventually grabbing it on vita.

How about making it so I don't have to add $5 when I'm 2 cents short? :p
That might be one of the new things where you can pay the difference directly with Paypal. I hope so because I was 14 cents short on something during G week and passed on it. I didn't really want it that bad but I would have grabbed it if I could have just paid that 14 cents.

That might be one of the new things where you can pay the difference directly with Paypal. I hope so because I was 14 cents short on something during G week and passed on it. I didn't really want it that bad but I would have grabbed it if I could have just paid that 14 cents.
Yeah, I've been carrying a weird ending balance lately. It was like XX.12 recently and currently is $7.40. Passed on something that was $7.49 because of that.

i would LOVE if they finally did away with that $5 crap. That was the biggest thing I liked about when MS went from points to currency. No more 400 point minimums and they do allow smaller transactions.

So i want to buy a Digital game that comes out on PSN Tuesday...My question is can i buy it at midnight or do i have to to wait until the store updates tomorrow morning?

Usually i always wait but i really want to play this game now lol

So i want to buy a Digital game that comes out on PSN Tuesday...My question is can i buy it at midnight or do i have to to wait until the store updates tomorrow morning?

Usually i always wait but i really want to play this game now lol
If it's being released on Tuesday, typically that means after the PSN store updates.

I don't understand why anyone in this thread, who obviously buys stuff on a regular basis, actually cares that there is a $5 add to wallet to avoid microtransaction fees.

I mean, sure, I can understand lil' Joey down the street who barely buys anything and only has $2 in his change jar thanks to a recent tooth fairy visit... but anyone vested enough in the ecosystem to be following this thread on CAG should know they're buying stuff on regular enough basis that having to reup to $5 isn't exactly the end of the world.

Then again, I suppose people need stuff to harp on, and if all you can come up with is having to add a couple bucks more than you wanted to buy PSN games, at least after you're done bitching you can sit back and realize your life is damn good.

I don't understand why anyone in this thread, who obviously buys stuff on a regular basis, actually cares that there is a $5 add to wallet to avoid microtransaction fees.
It's just an annoyance more then anything. Sure we're going to spend that money down the road but now I've had to spend more then I wanted to at that moment and it's enough to make me rethink my purchase entirely. Especially when you're 10 cents or less short. It's just silly when MS abandoned it two years ago and even stuck in the 1980s (but not in a good way) Nintendo doesn't make you do that. Certainly not going to stop me from buying on PSN but it's a relatively minor thing but odd and antiquated none the less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back