PSN Weekly Deals - 9/1: Atlus Sale, PS+ Specials, & 6 New PS+ Games! PWYW Foul Play on PS4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store on PSN.

Index

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 2 PM PT/5 PM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
X - Expires With Next Update
P - Permanent Price Drop
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

September's PS+ Games

:ps4: Driveclub PlayStation Plus Edition

:ps4: Grow Home

:vita: La-Mulana EX

:ps3: LittleBigPlanet Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move

:ps4:  :vita: Super Time Force Ultra

:ps4:  :ps3: Teslagrad

:ps3: Twisted Metal

:ps4:  :vita: Xeodrifter

PlayStation Heroes

:ps4: Foul Play - $2.00 to $100.00 [customspoiler='Fine Print'] :ps4: Foul Play is a part of the PlayStation Heroes program, which means that you can pay your choice among a variety of price points for an item that is usually a theme for entries into a contest to win some prize with most of the money going to a charity. There are no details at the moment for what the prize for buying Foul Play offers, so I'll post that whenever it's announced.

Edit: From the PlayStation Heroes app on PS4, the Foul Play promotion is for a trip to PlayStation Experience in December. Once you purchase the game, you're supposed to go here to register for the actual contest, though you should wait until the page is updated for the PlayStation Experience promotion instead of whatever it's on at the moment.[/customspoiler]

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT unless otherwise noted
:ps4: Destiny: The Taken King Collector's Edition - $79.99 - 20% Off Unbundled Items - Out 9/15 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]Destiny and the first two expansions for immediate download/play plus a theme. Early Access Weapons Pack with a Vanguard-themed Auto Rifle, Pulse Rifle, and Side Arm and 3 Exotic Class Items with XP Bonuses, 3 Class-Specific Emotes, and 3 Armor Shaders when it launches.[/customspoiler]
:ps3: Destiny: The Taken King Collector's Edition - $79.99 - 20% Off Unbundled Items - Out 9/15 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]Destiny and the first two expansions for immediate download/play plus a theme. Early Access Weapons Pack with a Vanguard-themed Auto Rifle, Pulse Rifle, and Side Arm and 3 Exotic Class Items with XP Bonuses, 3 Class-Specific Emotes, and 3 Armor Shaders when it launches.[/customspoiler]
:ps4: Sword Coast Legends - $34.79 - 13% Off - Out Fall 2016 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]170 Platinum for Warframe[/customspoiler]

:ps3: Yakuza 5 - $33.99 - 15% Off - Out Fall 2015 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]PS3 Static Theme[/customspoiler]

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Back to Bed Game & Dynamic Theme Bundle - $14.99 - 25% Off X

:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Nova-111 - $11.99 - 20% Off X

:ps4:  :vita: PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate - $11.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted - $6.99 - 30% Off
:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Q*bert: Rebooted/Pixel Game and Theme Bundle - $8.99 - 25% Off

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: The Stealth Inc 1 & 2 Ultimate-est Edition - $12.99 - 24% Off NP

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones - $9.99 - 33% Off NP
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Titan Attacks! - $3.49 - 75% Off X

:ps4:  :vita: Velocibox - $9.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :vita: Whispering Willows - $9.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :vita: Whispering Willows Game and PS4 Theme Bundle - $9.99 - 20% Off

PS4

Armello - $13.99 - 30% Off NX

Attacking Zegeta - $5.00 - 50% Off

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $39.99 - 20% Off NX

Daylight - $7.50 - 50% Off NX

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off N

Driveclub - $24.99 - 38% Off

God of War III Remastered - $35.99 - 10% Off NX

J-Stars Victory VS+ - $41.99 - 30% Off NX
The Last Tinker: City of Colors Game and Theme Bundle - $10.19 - 40% Off
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - $29.99 - 40% Off NP
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition - $39.99 - 20% Off NP
Wolfenstein: The Old Blood - $10.00 - 50% Off NX
Yorbie - $4.99 - 50% Off NP
Zombie Vikings - $13.99 - 30% Off NX

PS3

AquaPazza - $15.00 - 50% Off NX
Bladestorm: Nightmare - $34.99 - 30% Off NX
BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $27.99 - 30% Off NX
Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess - $34.99 - 30% Off NX

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off N
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off - Move Compatible

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Legion Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off NP

R.I.P.D.: The Game - $3.00 - 70% Off NX
Tears to Tiara II: Heir of the Overlord - $20.00 - 50% Off NX
World Hunter - $8.99 - 10% Off

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

PS1 Classics - Compatible with PS3/PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Vita- PS TV Compatibility

Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars - $19.79 - 34% Off NX

Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess - $29.99 - 25% Off NX

Draw Slasher - $3.00 - 50% Off
Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart - $29.99 - 25% Off NP
Hyperdimension Neptunia ReBirth2 - $29.99 - 25% Off NP
J-Stars Victory VS+ - $27.99 - 30% Off NX
Persona 4 Golden - $19.79 - 34% Off NX
PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate HD - $11.99 - 20% Off
Reel Fishing Master's Challenge - $19.99 - 33% Off NP

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

Gungnir - $10.00 - 50% Off NX
Hexyz Force - $4.95 - 67% Off NX
Knights in the Nightmare - $4.95 - 67% Off NX
Riviera: The Promised Land - $5.00 - 50% Off NX
Yggdra Union - $5.00 - 50% Off NX

Minis - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Blacklight: Retribution

DC Universe Online

Loadout

PlanetSide 2

Trans-Galactic Tournament

Warframe

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

PS3 Add-ons

Dust 514
Skullgirls Encore

Vita Add-ons

My Singing Monsters

Samurai Warriors: Chronicles 3

Themes

:ps4: Back to Bed Dynamic Theme - $2.39 - 20% Off

:ps4: The Last Tinker Dynamic Theme - $2.00 - 50% Off

:ps4: Q*bert: Rebooted Dynamic Theme - $2.00 - 50% Off
:ps4: Velocibox Dynamic Theme - $2.39 - 20% Off

:ps3: Yakuza 5: Fulfiller of Dreams - Free

Protection Plans
:ps4: PlayStation Protection Plan - Accidental Damage 36 Months - $53.99 - 10% Off
:ps4: PlayStation Protection Plan - Non-Accidental Damage 36 Months - $44.99 - 10% Off

Weird Prices on PSN
:ps3: :psp: 9-in-1 Mega Pack - $2.99 - 70% Off
:ps3: Foosball 2012 Ultimate Foosball Bundle - $2.99 - 70% Off
:vita: Foosball 2012 Ultimate Foosball Bundle - $2.99 - 70% Off
:psp: Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee - $3.99 - 60% Off
:ps3: Psychonauts - $4.99 - 50% Off
:ps3: Saints Row 2 - $4.99 - 50% Off
:ps3: Sports Champions - $4.99 - 50% Off - Move Required
:ps3: Sports Champions 2 - $4.99 - 50% Off - Move Required
:ps3: Street Fighter III Third Strike Online Edition - $3.99 - 60% Off
:ps3: :psp: The Ultimate Runner Game Bundle - $1.99 - 50% Off [customspoiler=Includes]The Impossible Game and One Epic Game, which are normally $1.99 each.[/customspoiler]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know if they ever was an update on the P.T. demo? What version? Mines say Version 01.00, I then check for update and it tells me "The installed application is the latest version"

Yeah that's why I was asking because I downloaded just before they took it down and I barely just booted the game a couple of mins ago

Well, P.T. was free. The only purpose it served Konami was to get people excited for Silent Hills. Without Silent Hills it doesn't do anything for Konami. Unless, they remove it so years later they can sell it.

So I really only use my ps4 for exclusives, are grim fandango and broken age worth my time? Can anyone describe what they are like?
Never played broken age but Grim is cool. It is a different type of game by today's standards. You basically need to find different items and apply them to certain situations. It has some good laughs. I really enjoyed it. I never played this game originally which is wierd because I loved this style back then. The controls may come off as quirky. And some puzzles are not explained very well. But you should try it. Easy plat trophy as long as you select tank controls in the options menu and use dpad.

The greatest PS4 boxart yet: 

51eFOoRjuvL._AA160_.jpg

Game sounds amazing, btw. Up on Best Buy and Amazon.

It's more the circumstances around it, the handling of it, and how they're trying to go scorched earth on everything that's making people upset.
Y7cfzJs.jpg

Also, Talos Principle is fantastic. Kinda like Portal, but a bunch of dickheads haven't ruined it by running around shouting its catchphrases out of context.

Konami's that kid that goes as far as breaking his toys to prevent others from playing with them.
Is this really true or is this a business decision? Do these companies have to keep paying Sony to keep data on their server? Konami is a big business with a lot of interests, so keeping video game fans happy may mean very little to them. I'm sure bad blood and rash decisions exist in large corporations, but money (profits especially), more than anything, are a deciding factor. This is why Samsung and Apple can have long drawn out lawsuits against each other and also be business partners at the same time.

And it is amazing. I'm glad console fans will get a chance to play it.
I thought it was already out on PS4/Xone, since the PC version came out last year, but apparently not! And there isn't even a Xone version planned, for some reason.

Is this really true or is this a business decision? Do these companies have to keep paying Sony to keep data on their server? Konami is a big business with a lot of interests, so keeping video game fans happy may mean very little to them. I'm sure bad blood and rash decisions exist in large corporations, but money (profits especially), more than anything, are a deciding factor. This is why Samsung and Apple can have long drawn out lawsuits against each other and also be business partners at the same time.
A bit of both. Konami is clearly getting out of video games (other than outsourcing new Metal Gear games, apparently) to focus on their real cash cows: health clubs and pachinko.

That said, a lot of the stuff, particularly around Kojima, really reeks of "they hate this dude's guts."

[SIZE=10.5pt]As it's my favorite game of all time, I still have my original 2-disc copy of Grim Fandango for the PC[/SIZE]. Been meaning to pick up the remaster for the Vita, but I’ve got such a damn backlog that it doesn’t make sense for me to buy it now. But, if you’re not in my situation, GET IT. You won’t regret it.

Anyone else play AirMech on PS4? It is a neat little game. I am just disappointed there is so much content that has to be bought with real money.

This looks great and I'm glad I can play it on PS4 instead (trophies :wall:). Still, like the PC version it just feels like it's too much even though I hear it's quite good.
I hadn't clicked the link. Wow. Did not expect it to be a near regular retail release at $50. I figured like $20 on PSN.

Wonder how much the Shield Tablet/Console version will be (it was announced again for the console, but no one knows if it will make it's way to the tablet)

See, when I first started posting attention to the game after it was well recurred that's what I was expecting as well and had the same reaction. I'm sure it will hit that soon enough between retail and PSN sales.

ACE Team are taking 2014's Abyss Odyssey and spreading the Warlock's nightmare to the PS4 in Abyss Odyssey: Extended Dream Edition. With upgraded 1080p graphics, all the recent updates to the PC version ofAbyss Odyssey including combat balances, online 2-player and local 4-player versus mode, Zeno Clash's Golem as a mini-boss, and some new console-exclusive mini-bosses whose souls can be captured and then used in battle. The game is coming to North America and Europe soon!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDdQ42R3UZs

Abyss Odyssey was a very decent though kind of short game. Honestly it's not a game I want remastered seeing as the previous generation (played on PC) looked fine. Hard to control at first but fun battle system after. 

Can't seem to find the compatibility list of PS Vita TV that Frisky posted on this thread. Can someone help me? I'm trying to make the thing useful as I just found out that it doesnt support Netflix, DLNA, nothing. Ridiculous.

Can't seem to find the compatibility list of PS Vita TV that Frisky posted on this thread. Can someone help me? I'm trying to make the thing useful as I just found out that it doesnt support Netflix, DLNA, nothing. Ridiculous.
https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/337079-playstation-tv-compatibility-list-vita-psp-ps1-ps-minis-and-ps-mobile/

It's always linked in the OP next to the listings of PSP/Vita/PS1 titles or just look in the Vita forum. awp seems to be trolling me now.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/magicka-2/cid=UP4139-CUSA02421_00-B000000000001634

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/magicka-2-special-edition/cid=UP4139-CUSA02421_00-B000000000001633

Magicka 2 and its Special Edition are up for pre-order with entry into the beta that is currently live until 5/10. The SE is 10% off, but the description mentions nothing about what it includes over the original. Here's what the beta offers:

• The Prologue, in which Wizards discover what has happened in Midgård since the last adventure, learn to spell again in a helpful tutorial and figure out who not to incinerate
  • The First Mission of the Adventure Campaign, in which Wizards use a combination of elemental spells to prevent and/or cause mayhem
  • “The Festival,” a Challenge level in which Wizards are challenged to attain a high score while opposed by score-hating monsters
They say in press releases that it can be shared with up to three friends, but what they seem to really mean on PS4 is to Share Play it with friends.

Way to slap Frisky in the face.

I haven't posted much lately but I have been noticing that Eld seems to be drunk quite a bit nowadays.

Uh huh, that's what you want us to think. Lay off the Target clearance booze

I wish I was drunk and that I had ever found clearance booze (other then wine which I don't like).

We don't know if Sony charges for bandwidth at this point with PS+ being required for online play and such on PS4, but if that were really the issue for Konami, why would they even give people a heads up that they were delisting PT in the first place? They'd just quietly delist it and hope nobody notices that it has disappeared before they could do the final deed to make it completely unavailable to redownload. If there was a fee causing this much of a reaction from them, why wouldn't their old demos on PS3/PSP/Vita be taken down to help save themselves every little penny they can? It doesn't seem like that is the issue to me.

If I had to guess, it was taken down because of the official announcement of Silent Hills' cancellation and they'd want to get a promotional game like PT taken down with it. Of course, most rational companies would at most patch out the trailer at the end if that's really an issue, but otherwise, it's a game that many people have enjoyed and it hurts nobody to keep it up on PSN.

I'd hope that this wasn't a part of their Scorched Earth plan with regards to any sort of promotional material involving Hideo Kojima's name that would be one of the worst things I've seen in this regard since Atari back in the day refused to let any employees be credited in their own creations. It almost feels like the way the WWE reacted to the murder/suicide that Chris Benoit committed on his family by scrubbing/cutting him out of any piece of archival footage they had of him before they started to let up on that when the WWE Network launched. I can't imagine Hideo Kojima having done anything close to that to deserve the work that his team at Kojima Productions and he has done for Konami over the years to be wiped from all of their websites and promotional material. Most publishers would celebrate all of the great work a guy like this and his team had done for them before leaving, but Konami isn't acting like most publishers at the moment.

The worst part is that Konami's never going to explain what happened to cause all of this and I doubt Kojima and crew will be able to talk about it for at least several years, if ever.

I think the likes of Pixeljunk monsters needs to stop being listed here. It's literally been 20% off for almost a year straight.
Since you're going to do it anyway, you should make a weekly post in here with your official list of deals in the OP that should not be listed in the OP because they're not good enough for you and maybe I'll consider it for a few seconds each week.

Every week I don't have any great PS4 retail sales is a week I scream inside a little bit.
Sadly, I've only turned my PS4 on twice since I bought it in March. I'm going to make an effort to play it a bit this weekend even if it's just to play the PS+ games I've acquired. But it will be my number one console when Persona 5 finally comes out.

My only PSN purchase this weekend will be the Alice: Madness Return $3 price mistake bundle for PS3. I would buy Misadventures of Tron Bonne but I bought that PS1 game in a bundle I bought from a yard sale eight or nine years ago. I didn't pay the $200+ that people are claiming that the disc is worth either.

Since you're going to do it anyway, you should make a weekly post in here with your official list of deals in the OP that should not be listed in the OP because they're not good enough for you and maybe I'll consider it for a few seconds each week.
Salty, eh? Stop being dramatic. It was a legit gripe. Did I speak on the quality of the deal? Nope. I simply said it's not a deal, period.

Salty, eh? Stop being dramatic. It was a legit gripe. Did I speak on the quality of the deal? Nope. I simply said it's not a deal, period.
Perhaps you don't realize it, but you encourage reactions like that to your comments since it seems like most of your comments come across as negative (or worse) in tone and content.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back