PSN Weekly Deals - 9/1: Atlus Sale, PS+ Specials, & 6 New PS+ Games! PWYW Foul Play on PS4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store on PSN.

Index

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 2 PM PT/5 PM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
X - Expires With Next Update
P - Permanent Price Drop
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

September's PS+ Games

:ps4: Driveclub PlayStation Plus Edition

:ps4: Grow Home

:vita: La-Mulana EX

:ps3: LittleBigPlanet Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move

:ps4:  :vita: Super Time Force Ultra

:ps4:  :ps3: Teslagrad

:ps3: Twisted Metal

:ps4:  :vita: Xeodrifter

PlayStation Heroes

:ps4: Foul Play - $2.00 to $100.00 [customspoiler='Fine Print'] :ps4: Foul Play is a part of the PlayStation Heroes program, which means that you can pay your choice among a variety of price points for an item that is usually a theme for entries into a contest to win some prize with most of the money going to a charity. There are no details at the moment for what the prize for buying Foul Play offers, so I'll post that whenever it's announced.

Edit: From the PlayStation Heroes app on PS4, the Foul Play promotion is for a trip to PlayStation Experience in December. Once you purchase the game, you're supposed to go here to register for the actual contest, though you should wait until the page is updated for the PlayStation Experience promotion instead of whatever it's on at the moment.[/customspoiler]

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT unless otherwise noted
:ps4: Destiny: The Taken King Collector's Edition - $79.99 - 20% Off Unbundled Items - Out 9/15 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]Destiny and the first two expansions for immediate download/play plus a theme. Early Access Weapons Pack with a Vanguard-themed Auto Rifle, Pulse Rifle, and Side Arm and 3 Exotic Class Items with XP Bonuses, 3 Class-Specific Emotes, and 3 Armor Shaders when it launches.[/customspoiler]
:ps3: Destiny: The Taken King Collector's Edition - $79.99 - 20% Off Unbundled Items - Out 9/15 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]Destiny and the first two expansions for immediate download/play plus a theme. Early Access Weapons Pack with a Vanguard-themed Auto Rifle, Pulse Rifle, and Side Arm and 3 Exotic Class Items with XP Bonuses, 3 Class-Specific Emotes, and 3 Armor Shaders when it launches.[/customspoiler]
:ps4: Sword Coast Legends - $34.79 - 13% Off - Out Fall 2016 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]170 Platinum for Warframe[/customspoiler]

:ps3: Yakuza 5 - $33.99 - 15% Off - Out Fall 2015 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]PS3 Static Theme[/customspoiler]

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Back to Bed Game & Dynamic Theme Bundle - $14.99 - 25% Off X

:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Nova-111 - $11.99 - 20% Off X

:ps4:  :vita: PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate - $11.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted - $6.99 - 30% Off
:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Q*bert: Rebooted/Pixel Game and Theme Bundle - $8.99 - 25% Off

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: The Stealth Inc 1 & 2 Ultimate-est Edition - $12.99 - 24% Off NP

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones - $9.99 - 33% Off NP
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Titan Attacks! - $3.49 - 75% Off X

:ps4:  :vita: Velocibox - $9.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :vita: Whispering Willows - $9.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :vita: Whispering Willows Game and PS4 Theme Bundle - $9.99 - 20% Off

PS4

Armello - $13.99 - 30% Off NX

Attacking Zegeta - $5.00 - 50% Off

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $39.99 - 20% Off NX

Daylight - $7.50 - 50% Off NX

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off N

Driveclub - $24.99 - 38% Off

God of War III Remastered - $35.99 - 10% Off NX

J-Stars Victory VS+ - $41.99 - 30% Off NX
The Last Tinker: City of Colors Game and Theme Bundle - $10.19 - 40% Off
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - $29.99 - 40% Off NP
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition - $39.99 - 20% Off NP
Wolfenstein: The Old Blood - $10.00 - 50% Off NX
Yorbie - $4.99 - 50% Off NP
Zombie Vikings - $13.99 - 30% Off NX

PS3

AquaPazza - $15.00 - 50% Off NX
Bladestorm: Nightmare - $34.99 - 30% Off NX
BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $27.99 - 30% Off NX
Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess - $34.99 - 30% Off NX

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off N
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off - Move Compatible

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Legion Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off NP

R.I.P.D.: The Game - $3.00 - 70% Off NX
Tears to Tiara II: Heir of the Overlord - $20.00 - 50% Off NX
World Hunter - $8.99 - 10% Off

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

PS1 Classics - Compatible with PS3/PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Vita- PS TV Compatibility

Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars - $19.79 - 34% Off NX

Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess - $29.99 - 25% Off NX

Draw Slasher - $3.00 - 50% Off
Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart - $29.99 - 25% Off NP
Hyperdimension Neptunia ReBirth2 - $29.99 - 25% Off NP
J-Stars Victory VS+ - $27.99 - 30% Off NX
Persona 4 Golden - $19.79 - 34% Off NX
PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate HD - $11.99 - 20% Off
Reel Fishing Master's Challenge - $19.99 - 33% Off NP

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

Gungnir - $10.00 - 50% Off NX
Hexyz Force - $4.95 - 67% Off NX
Knights in the Nightmare - $4.95 - 67% Off NX
Riviera: The Promised Land - $5.00 - 50% Off NX
Yggdra Union - $5.00 - 50% Off NX

Minis - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Blacklight: Retribution

DC Universe Online

Loadout

PlanetSide 2

Trans-Galactic Tournament

Warframe

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

PS3 Add-ons

Dust 514
Skullgirls Encore

Vita Add-ons

My Singing Monsters

Samurai Warriors: Chronicles 3

Themes

:ps4: Back to Bed Dynamic Theme - $2.39 - 20% Off

:ps4: The Last Tinker Dynamic Theme - $2.00 - 50% Off

:ps4: Q*bert: Rebooted Dynamic Theme - $2.00 - 50% Off
:ps4: Velocibox Dynamic Theme - $2.39 - 20% Off

:ps3: Yakuza 5: Fulfiller of Dreams - Free

Protection Plans
:ps4: PlayStation Protection Plan - Accidental Damage 36 Months - $53.99 - 10% Off
:ps4: PlayStation Protection Plan - Non-Accidental Damage 36 Months - $44.99 - 10% Off

Weird Prices on PSN
:ps3: :psp: 9-in-1 Mega Pack - $2.99 - 70% Off
:ps3: Foosball 2012 Ultimate Foosball Bundle - $2.99 - 70% Off
:vita: Foosball 2012 Ultimate Foosball Bundle - $2.99 - 70% Off
:psp: Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee - $3.99 - 60% Off
:ps3: Psychonauts - $4.99 - 50% Off
:ps3: Saints Row 2 - $4.99 - 50% Off
:ps3: Sports Champions - $4.99 - 50% Off - Move Required
:ps3: Sports Champions 2 - $4.99 - 50% Off - Move Required
:ps3: Street Fighter III Third Strike Online Edition - $3.99 - 60% Off
:ps3: :psp: The Ultimate Runner Game Bundle - $1.99 - 50% Off [customspoiler=Includes]The Impossible Game and One Epic Game, which are normally $1.99 each.[/customspoiler]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Salty, eh? Stop being dramatic. It was a legit gripe. Did I speak on the quality of the deal? Nope. I simply said it's not a deal, period.
Salty about what? You like to complain about what I list in the OP:

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/340337-psn-weekly-deals-55-grim-fandangochariotdraw-slasher-ps-sale-six-new-games-for-ps-in-may/page-71#entry12681250

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/340337-psn-weekly-deals-55-grim-fandangochariotdraw-slasher-ps-sale-six-new-games-for-ps-in-may/page-200#entry12651319

Complain all you like, but it's not going to stop me from listing the deals you complain about.

The graphics are quite dated... but the gameplay is quite entertaining. Without having to spend a pretty penny for the original, this game is a very good value for the price, especially among some of the harder to find capcom titles.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/05/08/disney-infinity-2-0-edition-hits-ps-vita-may-9th/

The timely release of Disney Infinity 2.0 Edition for Vita is tomorrow for $59.99 at GameStop only:

Featuring an all-new and exclusive Black Suit Spider-Man figure, the PS Vita Starter Pack also includes the Disney Infinity (2.0 Edition) video game, the Disney Infinity Wireless Base which connects via Bluetooth, a Marvel’s Spider-Man Play Set Piece, both Marvel Super Heroes Toy Box Game Discs, a Web Code Card and a USB Recharging Cable.

The Black Suit Spider-Man figure will be fully compatible with the console version of Disney Infinity: Marvel Super Heroes (2.0 Edition), but it will be making an exclusive debut to the Disney Infinity universe through PS Vita.

Poor Vita. They finally release a AAA title for the Vita and it's largely a kid's game being released on a platform mostly adopted by adults who are mostly playing indie games on the platform.

At least Slidecage will be happy for a AAA title...maybe.
He is a big casual gamer that talks a lot about tablet games in the 3DS thread and there's this thread about Pogo.

Arcania: The Complete Tale is out next week for PS4 at $29.99:

Owners of Sony’s PlayStation 4 now have a real RPG treat in store! Arcania: The Complete Tale, has been optimised for the platform and ported onto PlayStation 4. Arcania: The Complete Tale also includes the add-on “Fall of Setarrif” and is available priced EUR/USD 29.99/GBP 24.99 as a boxed version and also via the European PlayStation Network. The US PSN release will follow Tuesday next week (May 12th 2015).

Arcania won the 2011 German Developer Award for the best console game in 2010, and is now being released as a main game plus add-on to provide hours of gaming fun.

The graphics are quite dated... but the gameplay is quite entertaining. Without having to spend a pretty penny for the original, this game is a very good value for the price, especially among some of the harder to find capcom titles.
For a polygonal PS1 era title I actually think it looks reasonably good still, definitely better than most.

And we're onto the next gen ports of games that were mostly broken and poor in quality and no one wanted ports of now I see,

Did they ever fix the big, game breaking stuff? Thought it looked breast but wasn't going to bother with it until it was fixed.
ex8D5ta.gif.gif

I kind of like EldritchOnRye's phone, it has kept me pleasantly entertained.
You have to understand - it was drunk yesterday and today it is being down right pervert. Unless the phone's name is "Ted", there is no reason to put up with it any longer. Sorry Eldritch, I am being blunt. Hope you understand.

The main character of that Schrodinger's Cat game is voiced by the guy (A.J. LoCascio) that did Marty McFly in the Telltale Back to the Future series.

Poor Vita. They finally release a AAA title for the Vita and it's largely a kid's game being released on a platform mostly adopted by adults who are mostly playing indie games on the platform.

At least Slidecage will be happy for a AAA title...maybe.
if its anything like the 3ds verison it will be pure crap

LOL they put out a dying game for a dying system at least sony knows how to group them

"...but it's not going to stop me from listing the deals you complain about.'
...but the entire point was that it's NOT a deal. They have been putting PJ Monsters for $12 for a year straight. That's a price drop, not a limited time deal. The game hasn't been its original price since its first "deal."

Please speak to that point and only that point. You haven't addressed the central point, as usual.

This and that Legends of Kay rerelease make think Nordic is just trying desperately to recoup costs of their recent IP acquisitions.

Like, nobody gives a shit about Arcania. They even had to remove the Gothic name from it recently, and it's not like that series is prestigious to begin with.

This and that Legends of Kay rerelease make think Nordic is just trying desperately to recoup costs of their recent IP acquisitions.

Like, nobody gives a shit about Arcania. They even had to remove the Gothic name from it recently, and it's not like that series is prestigious to begin with.
I have Kay preordered but is it even worth it at $24? I never played it before so is it a $10 or under type game?

I have Kay preordered but is it even worth it at $24? I never played it before so is it a $10 or under type game?
It's totally ok, it was just a pretty standard 3D platformer. It's an extremely strange choice for a PS4 remaster, that's all.

I actually would say 10 is probably the right price for it, but I also get the feeling that physical copies of it will be pretty rare, and that game has a very vocal cult fanbase.

It's totally ok, it was just a pretty standard 3D platformer. It's an extremely strange choice for a PS4 remaster, that's all.

I actually would say 10 is probably the right price for it, but I also get the feeling that physical copies of it will be pretty rare, and that game has a very vocal cult fanbase.
Yea that is actually the only reason I preordered just in case it becomes one of those games were it's hard to find. I'll keep it for now. I also had Arcania preordered but cancelled that a couple weeks ago after I revisited the 360 version.

They're just ports, not sacred remasters that are deemed worthy by God.

...but the entire point was that it's NOT a deal. They have been putting PJ Monsters for $12 for a year straight. That's a price drop, not a limited time deal. The game hasn't been its original price since its first "deal."

Please speak to that point and only that point. You haven't addressed the central point, as usual.
If you don't like it here you are welcome to leave.

Actually, it is a deal. The normal price is $15 and it's on sale for PS+ members for $12. That's what a deal is. As for the exaggeration of it being on sale for a year straight, this deal begin five months ago. It's on the long side, but that's how it goes sometimes. I don't guarantee that everything in the OP is a great deal, but as long as it's on sale, it'll get listed. It's up to you (a general "you", not you, specifically) to decide whether it's a good enough deal for you to purchase or not.

Complaining about it the way you do isn't a good way to convince me to change that.

Seriously, everyone should be gracious for all the work Frisky puts into the OP and not picking apart whether or not one item should or shouldn't be in it.

Complaining about it the way you do isn't a good way to convince me to change that.
I've been a member here for a long time. There have been countless times that I, along with others, have respectfully made criticisms only to be met with hostility. Thus, there's no incentive to be polite with you.

I've been a member here for a long time. There have been countless times that I, along with others, have respectfully made criticisms only to be met with hostility. Thus, there's no incentive to be polite with you.
I'm only hostile to those that are hostile towards me (insults, shit-talking, and other sorts of nasty comments), which is all that I've ever seen from you. Plenty of people around here make good suggestions and catch errors/mistakes that I appreciate greatly.

I'll just save myself the trouble of further interactions and move on for good.

To change the topic from e-drama, I will mention that Towerfall stood out for me for having extremely unsexy and bland character designs. All the women could have been anime style androgynous men for all that their ugly character designs gave off.

And then they said they were adding an Anita Sarkeesian based character in this expansion and then it all made sense.

You get the same feeling from Crypt of the Necrodancer, too.

That said, Towerfall was decent fun and I only played it solo.

Has anyone preordered Magica 2? Any impressions based on the preview demo you get with the preorder?

Also curious as to why it's $17.99 vs $14.99 for the PC version on Stream. Also worried that they may give PS+ subscribers a discount the week of release

Has anyone preordered Magica 2? Any impressions based on the preview demo you get with the preorder?

Also curious as to why it's $17.99 vs $14.99 for the PC version on Stream. Also worried that they may give PS+ subscribers a discount the week of release
The base game is $14.99. You're seeing the Special Edition for $17.99, which doesn't say what the bonuses are in its description.

To change the topic from e-drama, I will mention that Towerfall stood out for me for having extremely unsexy and bland character designs. All the women could have been anime style androgynous men for all that their ugly character designs gave off.

And then they said they were adding an Anita Sarkeesian based character in this expansion and then it all made sense.

You get the same feeling from Crypt of the Necrodancer, too.

That said, Towerfall was decent fun and I only played it solo.
Sexist too, what a shocker.

Next he's going to tell us he's a gamer's gater too.

I'm only hostile to those that are hostile towards me (insults, shit-talking, and other sorts of nasty comments), which is all that I've ever seen from you. Plenty of people around here make good suggestions and catch errors/mistakes that I appreciate greatly.

I'll just save myself the trouble of further interactions and move on for good.
Sexist too, what a shocker.

Next he's going to tell us he's a gamer's gater too.
Does sexist have a real meaning to you or are you one of those dullards who throws it around randomly?
Ahhhhh the PSN thread, come for the deals, but stay for the fights!!!

Yeah probably OST and something like an art book/map or something.

Magicka's website shows pretty much nothing about the PS4, it's all about the PC version.

Ahhhhh the PSN thread, come for the deals, but stay for the fights!!!
It seems the less deals there are in the weekly sales the more likely back and forths will break out. I remember when in December Sony rolled over the weekly deals because of the PSN down time. If there aren't many sales to talk about people get creative.

I think believing female video game characters have to look stereotypically "pretty" is a very good indication of sexism.
That's not a definition.

In addition, what do you call believing all female video game characters have to look "stereoptypically "ugly"" then? I am genuinely curious.

And I am not playing word games with you*. If you believe so, then please tell me where I said female characters have to look a certain way.

*Actually I am doubling up on the scare quotes in a sarcastic manner so that's not entirely true but the thrust of my argument** remains the same.

**I will simply have to leave it up to the audience to decide whether describing the main point of the argument as a "thrust," a male-oriented term if there ever was one, is inherently sexist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back