PSN Weekly Deals - 9/1: Atlus Sale, PS+ Specials, & 6 New PS+ Games! PWYW Foul Play on PS4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Welcome to the best thread for deals on games, add-ons, and other stuff in the PlayStation Store on PSN.

Index

Current Deals (Full Update Here) - Store Updates Every Tuesday, Usually By 2 PM PT/5 PM ET
Visit The Web PS Store

Key:
N - New This Week
X - Expires With Next Update
P - Permanent Price Drop
$XX.XX - Price for All PSN Members
$XX.XX - Price for PS+ Members

September's PS+ Games

:ps4: Driveclub PlayStation Plus Edition

:ps4: Grow Home

:vita: La-Mulana EX

:ps3: LittleBigPlanet Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves - Requires Move

:ps4:  :vita: Super Time Force Ultra

:ps4:  :ps3: Teslagrad

:ps3: Twisted Metal

:ps4:  :vita: Xeodrifter

PlayStation Heroes

:ps4: Foul Play - $2.00 to $100.00 [customspoiler='Fine Print'] :ps4: Foul Play is a part of the PlayStation Heroes program, which means that you can pay your choice among a variety of price points for an item that is usually a theme for entries into a contest to win some prize with most of the money going to a charity. There are no details at the moment for what the prize for buying Foul Play offers, so I'll post that whenever it's announced.

Edit: From the PlayStation Heroes app on PS4, the Foul Play promotion is for a trip to PlayStation Experience in December. Once you purchase the game, you're supposed to go here to register for the actual contest, though you should wait until the page is updated for the PlayStation Experience promotion instead of whatever it's on at the moment.[/customspoiler]

Pre-orders - Out at 12 AM ET/9 PM PT unless otherwise noted
:ps4: Destiny: The Taken King Collector's Edition - $79.99 - 20% Off Unbundled Items - Out 9/15 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]Destiny and the first two expansions for immediate download/play plus a theme. Early Access Weapons Pack with a Vanguard-themed Auto Rifle, Pulse Rifle, and Side Arm and 3 Exotic Class Items with XP Bonuses, 3 Class-Specific Emotes, and 3 Armor Shaders when it launches.[/customspoiler]
:ps3: Destiny: The Taken King Collector's Edition - $79.99 - 20% Off Unbundled Items - Out 9/15 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]Destiny and the first two expansions for immediate download/play plus a theme. Early Access Weapons Pack with a Vanguard-themed Auto Rifle, Pulse Rifle, and Side Arm and 3 Exotic Class Items with XP Bonuses, 3 Class-Specific Emotes, and 3 Armor Shaders when it launches.[/customspoiler]
:ps4: Sword Coast Legends - $34.79 - 13% Off - Out Fall 2016 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]170 Platinum for Warframe[/customspoiler]

:ps3: Yakuza 5 - $33.99 - 15% Off - Out Fall 2015 [customspoiler="Pre-Order Bonus"]PS3 Static Theme[/customspoiler]

Cross Buy

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Back to Bed Game & Dynamic Theme Bundle - $14.99 - 25% Off X

:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Nova-111 - $11.99 - 20% Off X

:ps4:  :vita: PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate - $11.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Q*Bert Rebooted - $6.99 - 30% Off
:ps4: :ps3: :vita: Q*bert: Rebooted/Pixel Game and Theme Bundle - $8.99 - 25% Off

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: The Stealth Inc 1 & 2 Ultimate-est Edition - $12.99 - 24% Off NP

:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones - $9.99 - 33% Off NP
:ps4:  :ps3:  :vita: Titan Attacks! - $3.49 - 75% Off X

:ps4:  :vita: Velocibox - $9.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :vita: Whispering Willows - $9.99 - 20% Off
:ps4:  :vita: Whispering Willows Game and PS4 Theme Bundle - $9.99 - 20% Off

PS4

Armello - $13.99 - 30% Off NX

Attacking Zegeta - $5.00 - 50% Off

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $39.99 - 20% Off NX

Daylight - $7.50 - 50% Off NX

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off N

Driveclub - $24.99 - 38% Off

God of War III Remastered - $35.99 - 10% Off NX

J-Stars Victory VS+ - $41.99 - 30% Off NX
The Last Tinker: City of Colors Game and Theme Bundle - $10.19 - 40% Off
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - $29.99 - 40% Off NP
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition - $39.99 - 20% Off NP
Wolfenstein: The Old Blood - $10.00 - 50% Off NX
Yorbie - $4.99 - 50% Off NP
Zombie Vikings - $13.99 - 30% Off NX

PS3

AquaPazza - $15.00 - 50% Off NX
Bladestorm: Nightmare - $34.99 - 30% Off NX
BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $27.99 - 30% Off NX
Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess - $34.99 - 30% Off NX

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off N
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection - $19.99 - 20% Off - Move Compatible

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Legion Edition - $19.99 - 33% Off NP

R.I.P.D.: The Game - $3.00 - 70% Off NX
Tears to Tiara II: Heir of the Overlord - $20.00 - 50% Off NX
World Hunter - $8.99 - 10% Off

PS2 Classics - PS3 Only

N/A

PS1 Classics - Compatible with PS3/PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

N/A

Vita- PS TV Compatibility

Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars - $19.79 - 34% Off NX

Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess - $29.99 - 25% Off NX

Draw Slasher - $3.00 - 50% Off
Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart - $29.99 - 25% Off NP
Hyperdimension Neptunia ReBirth2 - $29.99 - 25% Off NP
J-Stars Victory VS+ - $27.99 - 30% Off NX
Persona 4 Golden - $19.79 - 34% Off NX
PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate HD - $11.99 - 20% Off
Reel Fishing Master's Challenge - $19.99 - 33% Off NP

PSP - Vita and PS TV Compatibility

Gungnir - $10.00 - 50% Off NX
Hexyz Force - $4.95 - 67% Off NX
Knights in the Nightmare - $4.95 - 67% Off NX
Riviera: The Promised Land - $5.00 - 50% Off NX
Yggdra Union - $5.00 - 50% Off NX

Minis - Vita and PS TV Compatibility
N/A

PS4 Add-ons

Blacklight: Retribution

DC Universe Online

Loadout

PlanetSide 2

Trans-Galactic Tournament

Warframe

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

PS3 Add-ons

Dust 514
Skullgirls Encore

Vita Add-ons

My Singing Monsters

Samurai Warriors: Chronicles 3

Themes

:ps4: Back to Bed Dynamic Theme - $2.39 - 20% Off

:ps4: The Last Tinker Dynamic Theme - $2.00 - 50% Off

:ps4: Q*bert: Rebooted Dynamic Theme - $2.00 - 50% Off
:ps4: Velocibox Dynamic Theme - $2.39 - 20% Off

:ps3: Yakuza 5: Fulfiller of Dreams - Free

Protection Plans
:ps4: PlayStation Protection Plan - Accidental Damage 36 Months - $53.99 - 10% Off
:ps4: PlayStation Protection Plan - Non-Accidental Damage 36 Months - $44.99 - 10% Off

Weird Prices on PSN
:ps3: :psp: 9-in-1 Mega Pack - $2.99 - 70% Off
:ps3: Foosball 2012 Ultimate Foosball Bundle - $2.99 - 70% Off
:vita: Foosball 2012 Ultimate Foosball Bundle - $2.99 - 70% Off
:psp: Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee - $3.99 - 60% Off
:ps3: Psychonauts - $4.99 - 50% Off
:ps3: Saints Row 2 - $4.99 - 50% Off
:ps3: Sports Champions - $4.99 - 50% Off - Move Required
:ps3: Sports Champions 2 - $4.99 - 50% Off - Move Required
:ps3: Street Fighter III Third Strike Online Edition - $3.99 - 60% Off
:ps3: :psp: The Ultimate Runner Game Bundle - $1.99 - 50% Off [customspoiler=Includes]The Impossible Game and One Epic Game, which are normally $1.99 each.[/customspoiler]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to provide feedback for ways to improve this thread. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I wanted to see what the deal is with Futuridium so I went to metacritic and somehow picked the IGN Italia review.

The control system via Dual Shock 4 is not soft cotton wool, but, on the contrary, it reveals an ordeal serious and delicate, perhaps initially "edgy", in which you can dump all the precision you own. 

I'm going to get all my reviews from IGN Italia in the future.

Thoughts on whether the ultimate edition of Just Cause 2 is worth it? It's just extra stuff, right? Not more missions/story? I've never played the game.

Thoughts on whether the ultimate edition of Just Cause 2 is worth it? It's just extra stuff, right? Not more missions/story? I've never played the game.
The vehicles are unnecessary because you're playing the game wrong if you're mainly driving instead of the great grappling hook/parachute combo to get around. However, some of the weapons are pretty cool with some great rocket launchers, grenade launchers, Rico's Signature Gun, and an Air Propulsion Gun to send enemies/vehicles flying into the air. There's even a new parachute that has rocket engines attached to it to add some oomph to the parachute.

http://justcause.wikia.com/wiki/Downloadable_content

wow what a great sale,I picked up:

Costume quest 2 (PS3,PS4)

Quacamelee (PS4)

ollie ollie

rollers of the realm

shadow warrior

savage moon

kilka card gods

How beneficial is the Super Championship Edition for PS4 compared to the vanilla edition? I'm planning on buying Guacamelee and mostly play on my PS Vita. Remote play isn't a problem, so if the extra content is better I'd get that, but if it's not worth it I might as well stick with vanilla.

Also, I don't know much about Fez. Worth a buy?

So I just purchased and installed RE and Guacamelee on my PS4 but there is a locked icon on them. When I try to play it says I need to purchase them from the PS Store. WTF?1? I just did, hence why I was able to download them. For what its worth, I purchased on the PC and initiated the downloads on my PS4. And yes its the same PSN account

So I just purchased and installed RE and Guacamelee on my PS4 but there is a locked icon on them. When I try to play it says I need to purchase them from the PS Store. WTF?1? I just did, hence why I was able to download them. For what its worth, I purchased on the PC and initiated the downloads on my PS4. And yes its the same PSN account
Maybe restore licenses on your ps4? No clue as I often purchase games like you do on the web store.

Wow, I thought this coupon was going to be useless until this flash sale popped up.  My haul:

Costume Quest 2

PixelJunk Monsters

Resogun

Tokyo Jungle

Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain

Super Stardust HD

Six games for under $15 and one of them will go to PS4.  It would have been awesome if CQ2 was cross-buy, but oh well.

If you have a PS4/xbone i'd wait, JC2 is ripe for a remaster when JC3 comes out (this year?) since the PC version is really good and it won't take long for them to port it. If you just have a ps3/360 i'd get it, fantastic game and really fun. If you have a PC get it on there, modders have made the game insane and the publisher even made the multiplayer mod official and its awesome fun.

The vehicles are unnecessary because you're playing the game wrong if you're mainly driving instead of the great grappling hook/parachute combo to get around. However, some of the weapons are pretty cool with some great rocket launchers, grenade launchers, Rico's Signature Gun, and an Air Propulsion Gun to send enemies/vehicles flying into the air. There's even a new parachute that has rocket engines attached to it to add some oomph to the parachute.

http://justcause.wikia.com/wiki/Downloadable_content
I always thought it would be great if there were a mod for Just Cause 2 that lets you turn Rico Rodriguez into the fat kid from Modern Family.

They're good candidates but I'll still pick them up at the current prices. Of course I'll moan and complain later but oh well.
I decided to get OlliOlli. Someone gifted me Shadow Warrior on Steam a while back and I'd like to have it on PS4 but if it doesn't become free or go on sale again I do still have that.

I picked up:
Gaia Seed

Guacamelee (decided to get this for PS4 as I want to do local co-op and my second PS3 controller is pretty worn out)
Legend of Mana
OlliOlli
Resident Evil
Rollers of the Realm
The 3rd Birthday

Not bad for less than $50.

I decided to get OlliOlli. Someone gifted me Shadow Warrior on Steam a while back and I'd like to have it on PS4 but if it doesn't become free or go on sale again I do still have that.

I picked up:
Gaia Seed
Guacamelee (decided to get this for PS4 as I want to do local co-op and my second PS3 controller is pretty worn out)
Legend of Mana
OlliOlli
Resident Evil
Rollers of the Realm
The 3rd Birthday

Not bad for less than $50.
Guacamelee and resistance 3 hold a special place in my heart as the only coop games my gf and i have beaten in 5 years. Well worth it to play that sweet sweet couch coop.

I have a major want to play Amplitude/Frequency so I thought I'd buy Rock Band Unplugged Lite for my Vita. If you buy it on the website, will it show up in my download list? I don't have a PS3 anymore so if it's only available that way, I'm SoL.

I have a major want to play Amplitude/Frequency so I thought I'd buy Rock Band Unplugged Lite for my Vita. If you buy it on the website, will it show up in my download list? I don't have a PS3 anymore so if it's only available that way, I'm SoL.
It requires transfer from PS3 to Vita to be playable on the Vita.

Hmm could I sign into a friends PS3 with my PSN login and transfer the file doing it that way? Plus how much of the DLC is compatible with it?
You could do it that way. None of the PS3 DLC works with RB Unplugged, as it's designed quite differently than the main games. They didn't really figure out how to make them work with that style of music game until Blitz. RBU Lite has just five songs in the main file, but Still Alive is still free.

I played about 20 minutes of #killallzombies and it's basically Crimsonland's main survival mode with zombies and a flashier presentation. You shoot enemies that run after you until your XP bar fills up, you pick a perk among four options, and try to survive as long as you can. It even has a number of perks that can kill you right away or leave that up to random chance.

You could do it that way. None of the PS3 DLC works with RB Unplugged, as it's designed quite differently than the main games. They didn't really figure out how to make them work with that style of music game until Blitz. RBU Lite has just five songs in the main file, but Still Alive is still free.
Thanks for all the feedback!

Does anyone think the Dynasty Warriors Gundam Reborn Complete Bundle will be on sale in the next year or is the 10% likely to be the best it ever gets?
I am pretty sure that the DW Gundam Reborn Complete Bundle while saying "complete" bundle is just a complete bundle of all the DLC, so be careful. I had looked into it before myself

Which you may have just been looking into it just because you want the dlc and already have the base game, but I wanted to give you a heads up just in case.

Also to answer your question, they put the base game on sale recently while not putting any of the dlc on sale so my guess would be that it's unlikely as it isn't really the kind of game that I would imagine they would do the "hey we'll put the base game on sale and get the full price dlc sales, and then put the dlc on sale later to get the stragglers who wouldn't play full price for the dlc"

I picked up:
Bioshock Infinite Season Pass
Deus Ex: HR Director's Cut (already played my vanilla copy, cheaper then buying stand alone DLC)
Final Fantasy VI
Mafia II
Minerva's Den (Bioshock 2 add-on)
Olli Olli
Sleeping Dogs
The 3rd Birthday
Worms 2: Armageddon
XCOM: Enemy Within

I would have picked up The Last Guy but it looks like it's only available for PS3, seems like a game tailor made for the Vita.

I might go back for Hustle Kings, Echochrome, Costume Quest 2, or Rollers of the Realm. Hurray, this time around, I managed to avoid being pulled into the PS1 vortex of shame.

EDIT: FF6! Damn it, not again!

Ended up with:

OlliOlli

Strike Suit Zero

Citizens of Earth(I wonder how many people bought this because of this coupon)

Shadow Warrior

Costume Quest

Suikoden

Suikoden II

So I'd say I'm pretty happy with all that for around 40

"The code you entered may not be correct or may no longer be valid. Please check your entry."

Is that the Sony version of "this code has already been used?"

Got: (more for my Vita than for my PS3)
Resogun (FOR FREE!)

Guacamole

Hustle Kings (Was actually thinking of buying it at reg price a few weeks ago, glad I waited!)

$5.40 for all three not too shabby

I am pretty sure that the DW Gundam Reborn Complete Bundle while saying "complete" bundle is just a complete bundle of all the DLC, so be careful. I had looked into it before myself

Which you may have just been looking into it just because you want the dlc and already have the base game, but I wanted to give you a heads up just in case.

Also to answer your question, they put the base game on sale recently while not putting any of the dlc on sale so my guess would be that it's unlikely as it isn't really the kind of game that I would imagine they would do the "hey we'll put the base game on sale and get the full price dlc sales, and then put the dlc on sale later to get the stragglers who wouldn't play full price for the dlc"
Thanks for the reply. Yeah I think I bought it during that sale. Dlc rarely goes on sale(especially japanese games) but I think Pirate Warriors or Pirate Warriors 2 had it on sale so was curious if anyone thought this one would as well.

Right now im only really interested in rollers of the realm, FFVI ,and im debating getting RE now or waiting for a sale. All three for $26.10 seems pretty good.

Any reason not to get any of these?

There's some free content for Hustle Kings but the descriptions are a bit confusing.  The Vita versions say they are additional tables but the PS3 versions are coded as Maps with multiplayer and social functions.  If you buy the PS3 listing you get the Vita version and vice versa.   Did anyone get these and can clarify?

I've been wanting to play it for years. Are the problems game breaking. I don't want to play the ios version. But I don't know of any other options for it. I don't have anything to play the gba version.

Edit :I just looked at the screen shots of the android version recently released and ... shit.

Getting ready to pull the trigger, any nays with my list;

Final Fantasy Origins
Final Fantasy V
Final Fantasy VI
Legend of Mana
Suikoden
Suikoden II
Shadow Warrior
Costume Quest 2

Shadow Warrior stick out like a sore thumb :lol:

$38.65