PSNOT 2.0 - I kind of want to subscribe to IndieBox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fatality is awesome! He sent me a free download code he won for Switch Galaxy Ultra. Apparently he only plays on Steam.

Anyways, I'll be playing and streaming that as soon as these completely unacceptable PSN download speeds actually get the 700 MB file downloaded.
I always like when I see a notification from Fatality. His avi makes me lol.

Just finished the story in Arkham Origins. Screw the haters, this game is awesome and if you enjoyed the first two you should definitely play it. Downloading this Knightfall pack now so I can use that cool skin while I go grab what will probably be my last trophy from the main game.
I've said all along that Origins probably had my favorite story. My biggest problem is that the map is sparse with no reason to explore every nook and cranny like the past two games. That's mainly because there aren't riddler challenges.

Be sure to phrase it as "post-purchase price adjustment" or you might be denied.
Done and done. Though when I said that the girl said "Oh, you'd like to price match it?"

Also I'm not sure why all this "post-purchase price adjustment" stuff is going on. The policy is part of their Price Match policy as listed here (bullet #3):

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/help-topics/price-match-guarantee/pcmcat29

Should get the $50 within 24-48 hours. That makes me feel way better about the bundle not having any games I particularly wanted. :D/

Now I have to figure out what to buy for it...being a PC gamer, there's some overlap and I've already played Shadow of Mordor elsewhere. At this point I'm definitely thinking The Last of Us Remastered and CoD: Advanced Warfare. Considering Infamous: SS but I just finished Infamous 2 last week and still have Festival of Blood to play. Is Last LIght best played after SS or can I play LL and then SS down the road without any problems? :whistle2:k

There's a ton of good-looking games within the next few months. Hoping the $10 Pre-order + GCU program gets some new titles added so I can take better advantage of those.

I'd thought there was some deal for a DS4 @$30 but I can't find that now. Was that a Sears/Kmart thing?

Well, they may have replaced the version of resogun on the store. I can add both the vita and ps3 versions to my cart again, but I get an error checking out. Probably not going to be playing this for a while.

Well I'm in the market for a discounted PS+ sub again. The card I bought before, which was to be a gift to me, went missing. :( Oh, I'm sure it's in the house somewhere, but it's lost. I should have tucked it away myself, but instead I gave it to my wife who losses her keys every single day. Nobody to blame but me. I should have known.

Well I'm in the market for a discounted PS+ sub again. The card I bought before, which was to be a gift to me, went missing. :( Oh, I'm sure it's in the house somewhere, but it's lost. I should have tucked it away myself, but instead I gave it to my wife who losses her keys every single day. Nobody to blame but me. I should have known.
My wife is the same. She's always losing gift cards and keys and her wallet and her phone, etc.. Luckily Amazon lets you add gift cards to your account rather than keeping up with them manually--she loaded up the ~$300 worth of GC she got for Christmas and doesn't have to worry about losing those any more. The other cards are more problematic, though. I always encourage her to spend that stuff as quick as possible so she doesn't end up losing it.

As far as I can tell, in season 2 of Pinball Arcade PS4, Champion Pub does not have trophies. I did the high score and standard goals and nothing popped. And this pack does have trophies on Vita. WTF?

Why didnt you just redeem the code when you got it instead of waiting? If you were waiting for Giftmas to unwrap it, you still could have.

Its crazy how wives seem to lose shit that winds up costing us money.  Gift cards, keys, garage door remotes, phone chargers, etc.  Every married man I know complains of this. 

One of my friends was complaining of this very thing at lunch yesterday!  I think it is partly why he didnt want to leave and kept drinking...

Last edited by a moderator:
I always put my stuff in the same place. Easy to remember where it's at. 

The wife put a bowl on the counter just inside the doorway a month or two back. We're supposed to put our keys and such in there as an easy thing to keep track of. Of course she doesn't use it.

The wife put a bowl on the counter just inside the doorway a month or two back. We're supposed to put our keys and such in there as an easy thing to keep track of. Of course she doesn't use it.
I've thought about getting a basket for her to put her keys in, but yeah, she's probably not going to use it, so there's no point.

Anyway, if any of you spot another $35 deal, please do report here.

Right. We have a key chain holder on our wall right inside the garage door entering the house. I put my car keys there every time I walk in every day. I tell her to use it and she never does, then when she is in a rush to leave somewhere guess what? She doesnt know where the fuck the keys are! WHAT THE fuck ! Same with the home phone she wants to keep. She never puts the damn thing on the base so when it rings you never know where it is either! fuck man.

Merry xmas eve everyone!

Right. We have a key chain holder on our wall right inside the garage door entering the house. I put my car keys there every time I walk in every day. I tell her to use it and she never does, then when she is in a rush to leave somewhere guess what? She doesnt know where the fuck the keys are! WHAT THE fuck ! Same with the home phone she wants to keep. She never puts the damn thing on the base so when it rings you never know where it is either! fuck man.

Merry xmas eve everyone!
Home phone? Did you marry an older woman?

Somebody on the PS blog claimed that if you installed the PS3 version of Resogun then the Vita version would "register" and work. Sounds crazy, but somebody should try it.

Last time I had a landline was when I was using DSL through AT&T. That was 2005-2007. The only reason I had the phone line is because they told me it was required. When I moved somewhere that had Comcast I called to cancel the DSL. The bastards at AT&T noticed I never used the phone line and suggested dropping that and just keeping the DSL rather than switching to Comcast. It was $12 and the taxes/fees bumped it closer to $20 a month for something I didn't use a single time.

Assholes.

We have a landline and use it all the time. One thing I really like about it is our answering machine lets us screen calls. I mean we can hear them leaving a message. This is somewhat less necessary with caller ID, but caller ID doesn't seem to catch everything. Also we have somewhat weak cell reception at our house, so there's that too.

Decided to pull the trigger on both Nidhogg and Peggle 2. Almost out of credit, so it would be nice if that Paypal $10 off $50 deal would show up in my inbox now.

I should have just redeemed it, but a scratched/used card would be a pretty dumb gift.
Completely scratch off the card, get the code, a bit of silver paint or a strip of cleanly cut duct tape and she's none the wiser.

You're best bet may be to get a deal on PSN credit (Target has them pretty often) and then wait for a buy $100 get X back promotion on PSN (depending on how soon your PS+ expires) and then purchase 2 years of PS+. That brings it down to around $34-35 per year if it's the buy one get 2nd card 25% off promotion at Target.

We have a landline and use it all the time. One thing I really like about it is our answering machine lets us screen calls. I mean we can hear them leaving a message. This is somewhat less necessary with caller ID, but caller ID doesn't seem to catch everything. Also we have somewhat weak cell reception at our house, so there's that too.
You know there are devices you can use to give yourself a local cell hotspot, right? For Sprint networks there's the Airave, for example. You just plug it into your router and it uses your internet connection. Can't speak for other brands, but the Airave we have works great. My parents have no cell coverage down here and the device covers their 2500 sq/ft house and large yard perfectly.

You know there are devices you can use to give yourself a local cell hotspot, right? For Sprint networks there's the Airave, for example. You just plug it into your router and it uses your internet connection. Can't speak for other brands, but the Airave we have works great. My parents have no cell coverage down here and the device covers their 2500 sq/ft house and large yard perfectly.
And how much do you pay for something like that? It cant be free...can it?

Technically she is older but not she is not an older woman. She is 11 months older than me. She wants a stupid landline. Thats the least of my concerns.
I still have a landline, partly because it is bundled with my cable and doesn't cost me hardly anything extra. Whenever I sign up for anything, accounts, contests, etc. I use that number. That has kept my cellphone number pretty much telemarketer free.

And how much do you pay for something like that? It cant be free...can it?
Your carrier may give you one for free if you complain about the coverage. Granted you'd have to return it if you cancel service. My parents got the Sprint one for free, then when my mom switched to Ting (Sprint network) she returned their Sprint Airave and bought one outright for ~$100.

The only telemarketer I can recall on my cell was for the local newspaper. They bugged me repeatedly for a while, but that was a few years back. I've no idea how they specifically got it, but I've been using my cell number for everything for about six years now. Do you guys get sales calls on your cells often?

Therm and a lot of people I know always make me feel self conscious about having a land line.  Like I am a leper or something.  10/10 Therms.

Glad to see some of my fellow gaming nerds have one as well!

BTW, in addition to losing her stuff constantly, my terrible, no-good, very bad wife has also gotten me sick over Christmas vacation. It's the first time I've been sick in a couple of years, damn her.

Sure hope I'm feeling better by the time we go boating with her relatives in Naples this weekend.  :whistle2:

Our entire family is sick. Now our older son is the sickest of all. Terrible timing. My wife is taking him to the doctor today. I hope she found her keys.

Therm and a lot of people I know always make me feel self conscious about having a land line. Like I am a leper or something. 10/10 Therms.

Eh. It's not like there's anything wrong with it, but you kind of have to have a specific use for one nowadays since everybody already has a cell--otherwise it's just an added expense. Lots of people have them due to kids in the house, but I'm not aware of any other particularly mainstream reasons. I'm kind of surprised Stotch uses one for business, but depending on the job and whether you want 24/7 availability that can be the better choice. It seems like most people with a business line want to always be reachable, though.

I'd forgotten some of those package deals come with a "free" land line. I don't have cable so I haven't paid attention to the package deals for most of a decade now.

Therm and a lot of people I know always make me feel self conscious about having a land line. Like I am a leper or something. 10/10 Therms.

Tell all of them to shut the fuck up and get a land line from their ISP so I continue to have work to do.

Glad to see I'm not the only wife who loses shit all the time :D
Do you mean this literally or metaphorically?

My third arm disagrees with you.
kuato-in-total-recall.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back