PSNOT 2.0 - I kind of want to subscribe to IndieBox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have kids and yes that's another reason to have a landline, but kids these days seem to prefer to use Skype. Our oldest hates using landline or cell phone for calls because he says it sounds terrible. They do, but I guess we've all gotten use to it.

I am going to be quite annoyed if my boss made me come into work today and he himself is not going to show up.

Score, one CAG user had Afrika on his sell list and was willing to sell it for a reasonable price. Think that's one of the last disc only PS3 games I wanted. For a long time I had wanted to find a reasonably priced copy of Force Unleashed: Ultimate Sith edition (for the DLC), but I just recently found out it's not compatible with the save game of the vanilla version. WTDH George Lucas?

Glad to see I'm not the only wife who loses shit all the time :D
Awesome. So please explain to me how women lose things a lot more than men and yet they have something called a purse that they can even put things in for later use!? Oh wait, thats right, your purse is already full of junk and you lost shit in there already too!?

I don't think I've had a land line for 7 or 8 years now.  Quit living in the past people!

I don't even have a phone at my desk at work.  Talking to people is overrated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome. So please explain to me how women lose things a lot more than men and yet they have something called a purse that they can even put things in for later use!? Oh wait, thats right, your purse is already full of junk and you lost shit in there already too!?
My wife loses her purse too.

fuck, level 11 in Geometry Wars is hard to get three stars on. I'm barely getting one. Looks like Pete is the only one on my friends list to three star it so far. Any tips Peter?

My purse becomes full with all the crap people make me carry for them. My husband for example decides that my purse must carry his wallet, keys, and sometimes phone.

I always put my keys on the door hanger, so I'm good there. I usually lose/misplace papers, cell phone, important stuff. I think it's because I'm doing multiple things at the same time

I'm trying to win a Super Smash Bros 3DS XL and an Xbox One with GTA V from Joystiq. They are supposed to be giving away a limited edition PS4 too (PS1 edition??? Or is it Destiny bundle?) but I don't see that contest on their site. Of course I won't win any of this, but I'm trying anyway. Sorry for the spam tweets if you are following me on twitter….

Somebody on the PS blog claimed that if you installed the PS3 version of Resogun then the Vita version would "register" and work. Sounds crazy, but somebody should try it.
Just tried it and no good.

Installed Vita last night and nothing worked like everyone else. Then installed PS3 version, it worked, I played it, I sucked, I enjoyed my time. Tried to upload save to cloud for cross-save, took over 5 minutes so I killed it. After reading the above, tried to launch already installed Vita version, no good. Then deleted that one, and redownloaded, still no good.

I do see there is a new version that I can add to my cart in the store now (as MildPeteGeoff mentioned earlier), PS3 version shows free, Vita version shows price. When I try to check out w/ the PS3 version, I get an error and can't complete the process.

tl;dr: Shit still broke.

I have to wonder if its because the purse is a crutch. Like for the longest time you HAD to memorize phone numbers, but now that everyone has the cell phone contact list to fall back on at their finger tips the brain says "you don't need to remember that" and as a consequence I now have only a few numbers that I dial all the time (from a landline) memorized.

So when you have a massive pocket universe (purse) you can drop tons of shit into as compared to men who are limited to what can fit in their pockets and have to place excess things in spots to retrieve later, you don't have to practice the skill of remembering where things are located. For most of their early life the answer is "in the purse."

Just tried it and no good.

Installed Vita last night and nothing worked like everyone else. Then installed PS3 version, it worked, I played it, I sucked, I enjoyed my time. Tried to upload save to cloud for cross-save, took over 5 minutes so I killed it. After reading the above, tried to launch already installed Vita version, no good. Then deleted that one, and redownloaded, still no good.

I do see there is a new version that I can add to my cart in the store now (as MildPeteGeoff mentioned earlier), PS3 version shows free, Vita version shows price. When I try to check out w/ the PS3 version, I get an error and can't complete the process.

tl;dr: Shit still broke.
Thanks for trying and reporting. Sucks that this thing is broken, especially since it apparently works fine in the EU!!!

A couple hours to go and then I'm on glorious vacation until the 5th. Well, it will be great, but because we've got both of our families in the area it will also be exhausting at least in the short run, with lots of family stuff. I'm hoping we can manage at least a few days where we just stay at home and have no guests. Play with our new toys….

The good news is that we're on good terms with everybody. Going against the grain it seems, my mother-in-law (and the rest of her family) is great.

fuck, level 11 in Geometry Wars is hard to get three stars on. I'm barely getting one. Looks like Pete is the only one on my friends list to three star it so far. Any tips Peter?
Is 11 the first peanut one? If so, memorize the first 20 seconds of spawn locations and be right on top of them almost blowing them up before they zone in. It felt like I didn't have enough spawns to get a good score without doing that.

Bring a good abusive secondary too (and on all smaller maps) - you might have to come back when you have an upgraded turret or fully upped homing missles to take advantage of wiping out the big groups.

My purse becomes full with all the crap people make me carry for them. My husband for example decides that my purse must carry his wallet, keys, and sometimes phone.
If that annoys you, you could always say "well, if you want my purse to carry your stuff, then occasionally you can carry my stuff too" and hand them the purse. That should put a stop to that pretty quick, particularly if your purse is an attention grabbing / feminine color.

I always get weirded out by dudes who go nuts when they have shit in their pockets. Why doesn't he just keep his wallet in his back pocket? I can't imagine giving my wife my wallet. My pocket weight would be all fucked up.

I use to carry my wallet in my back pocket, but then I got one of those super slim wallets and now I carry it in my front pocket. It's like a whole new world has opened up to me. One in which my butt isn't propped up on one side and not the other.

I always get weirded out by dudes who go nuts when they have shit in their pockets. Why doesn't he just keep his wallet in his back pocket? I can't imagine giving my wife my wallet. My pocket weight would be all fucked up.
Yeah I'm very used to the weight of my phone and keys in the front left pocket and wallet in the back right. I can't imagine being comfortable having those missing--I'd constantly feel like I'd lost something.

I guess it would make sense if he never went anywhere without her. That'd be creepy as fuck ,though.

I use to carry my wallet in my back pocket, but then I got one of those super slim wallets and now I carry it in my front pocket. It's like a whole new world has opened up to me. One in which my butt isn't propped up on one side and not the other.
Once my wallet went full Costanza I started putting it in my front pocket. It's better now, but I'm so used to it in the front that it feels weird to go back.

Front pocket wallets unite!

I just grab my license and a few credit cards (cash sometimes) when I leave the house and put them in my front pocket.  The only time I have my wallet with me is at work since I can put the whole thing in my laptop bag (its basically a purse!).

I just cant do the front pocket wallet thing.  I love not sitting on the damn thing, but the only time that happens is in the summer.  Almost every pair of shorts I own are cargo shorts.  That pocket on the side of the leg is glorious.

The only time I ever take the gamble of giving my wallet to my wife to hold (since I know it may never return from the black hole known as her purse) is when we go on long road trips.

If I had my wallet in a front pocket, I am not sure what I would do with my phone or keys.

I got a fancy thin Simpsons wallet in the latest Loot Crate that I might try converting to.  But I don't know what I'm gonna do with all those loyalty cards.

Great, now my buddy is texting me that he is "working from home" while he is about to hang out with Mary and drink some nice Guatemalan rum.

fucker.

I just cant do the front pocket wallet thing. I love not sitting on the damn thing, but the only time that happens is in the summer. Almost every pair of shorts I own are cargo shorts. That pocket on the side of the leg is glorious.

The only time I ever take the gamble of giving my wallet to my wife to hold (since I know it may never return from the black hole known as her purse) is when we go on long road trips.

If I had my wallet in a front pocket, I am not sure what I would do with my phone or keys.
Cargo pants/shorts are great. With those I do have the wallet in the right leg pocket.

Vita on the left leg, fuck yeah!

I got a fancy thin Simpsons wallet in the latest Loot Crate that I might try converting to. But I don't know what I'm gonna do with all those loyalty cards.
There is a cell phone app where you can program all those things in supposedly. Assuming they dont have the magnetic strips and are just a bar or QR code, you should be able to use that.

Yeah, I don't carry any loyalty cards at all. Most places let you use a phone number anyway, to act as the loyalty card. I have my license, an ATM card and a credit card. I also have some things like my health insurance card. And a little cash. Carrying less stuff is nice once you get the idea out of your head that you need to carry 20 loyalty cards and multiple credit cards.

I just cant do the front pocket wallet thing. I love not sitting on the damn thing, but the only time that happens is in the summer. Almost every pair of shorts I own are cargo shorts. That pocket on the side of the leg is glorious.

I used to wear a hoodie well into spring just because it holds a lot of stuff and I hated having to carry it all in my pockets. Once summer comes along Cargo shorts solve that problem, but I wonder if nuthuggers will come back in style and we will lose that functionality.

I used to wear a hoodie well into spring just because it holds a lot of stuff and I hated having to carry it all in my pockets. Once summer comes along Cargo shorts solve that problem, but I wonder if nuthuggers will come back in style and we will lose that functionality.
If nuthuggers come back in style, then I will be out of style. The boys need some breathing room.

Luckily, living in Georgia means shorts can be worn for a majority of the year.

If nuthuggers come back in style, then I will be out of style. The boys need some breathing room.

Luckily, living in Georgia means shorts can be worn for a majority of the year.
Actually I bet these nuthuggers are already back in style for the kids. I mean they wear skinny jeans after all. The dumbest fuck ing invention ever for "men".

The reason I have a giant wallet full of credit cards and receipts and loyalty programs is that I never know when I'm going to need something, so better to have it all with you all the time.  Impractical?  Yes.  

Same reason I need to have my Vita & PS3 memory filled to the brim all the time.  What if I want to suddenly play Quantom whatever or Critter whatever or Retro Indie whatever?  I can't wait for that shit to download!!!!

I have started cooking for tonight's dinner. I need bigger pots :(
Not on the Christmas list?

We got a really nice set last year for our wedding. Not super expensive, but a couple hundred for some nice stainless steel. Totally worth it, IMO. Those and a sharpener for my Henckel chef's knife (which I use for everything) made for some nice kitchen upgrades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back