PSNOT 2.0 - I kind of want to subscribe to IndieBox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I'll probaby only have Christmas Eve, Christmas, and New Year's Day off. I'm glad though because I only get one week paid vacation and I can't afford to miss work right now.
I've got the same days off. The wife made me use every bit of my 2 weeks off this year on our trip to Rome.The wife doesn't work again after next Wednesday. Damn her and her govt job.

The only real bad thing about my job is that I have kind of a supervisor-lite position, where I have lots of the responsibilities of a supervisor but with none of the benefits. Like instead of being paid a salary, I'm paid by the hour. A huge chunk of my income is from overtime pay. Which is another reason I prefer actually working over holiday pay/vacation pay.
Good for you. When I got OT I always worked holidays at any job I had. Except in a few circumstances you can tell who the real go getters are by who WANTS to work them. Too many people dont want to work on these days when they really could. Its pure stupidity unless you have to get your kids or something. And even then the smart hard working people figure out a way to have someone take care of their kids so they can get a paycheck and try to get ahead. You have to sacrifice every now and then for long term goals. Too many people are lazy and dont want to do it and then complain later about their pay and why they dont get ahead.

The only real bad thing about my job is that I have kind of a supervisor-lite position, where I have lots of the responsibilities of a supervisor but with none of the benefits. Like instead of being paid a salary, I'm paid by the hour. A huge chunk of my income is from overtime pay. Which is another reason I prefer actually working over holiday pay/vacation pay.
Years ago when I was in the helpdesk position at my current company they wanted to make me salaried. My boss at the time said well he makes X per year on average on OT. We need to give him a raise to compensate for that. They (mostly the comptroller at the time) didn't want to raise up the hourly rate. Various salary guides all show the position as hourly.

Helpdesk positions are an hourly position. Anyway to this day the position is still hourly. We worked till 8 pm last night. 2 hours OT for the help desk guy (who works till 6 typically). No OT for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
This does a great job of showing both that Titanfall has been left out in the cold and that only an animal would play with it:

qyLXDKU.png

Good for you. When I got OT I always worked holidays at any job I had. Except in a few circumstances you can tell who the real go getters are by who WANTS to work them. Too many people dont want to work on these days when they really could. Its pure stupidity unless you have to get your kids or something. And even then the smart hard working people figure out a way to have someone take care of their kids so they can get a paycheck and try to get ahead. You have to sacrifice every now and then for long term goals. Too many people are lazy and dont want to do it and then complain later about their pay and why they dont get ahead.
I couldn't agree more. My first IT job was part time at night after my main job. I would stay late whenever there was an opportunity to learn something from the systems admin. I was NOT being paid at all and had to be up early the next day (unless it was Friday night) to go to my main job. It was like an unofficial internship. Except I was actually learning valuable things and not fetching coffee and donuts.

I had 32 days this year, will have another 32 next year as well.

27 days and will buy 5 more.
I currently get 19. I will get around 21 next year and 24 after that when I hit the cap. It used to max out at 29 I think but they did away with that tier a couple years ago. No provision for buying more or selling them back.

What's "paid vacation time"?  Sounds made up.

Also tyler should get a Subaru Impreza.

Also Star wars in 14 hours HYYYYYYPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEE

What's "paid vacation time"? Sounds made up.

Also tyler should get a Subaru Impreza.

Also Star wars in 14 hours HYYYYYYPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEE
He could, but then hed be a Subaru guy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_Wjkl1WJew

When my 2003 Chevy Aveo finally dies I'm going Subaru, stereotypes be damned!  I worked on their ad campaign for like three years so I've been brain-washed good and proper.

EDIT:  Just watched the video and that's baaaaaaaaaad.  

It's actually kind of a cool story how I got this job. I was working Thursday night through Saturday night bussing tables at a local family owned restaurant. I would work the occasional construction job with my Dad when something came up, but work was really slack. The owner of the restaurant's brother noticed that I worked my ass off cleaning tables and offered me a job at his factory and I've worked my way up since. Moral of the story is you never know who's watching and treat every job, no matter how shitty, with respect and good things can come of it.

Is it a thing that people that drive Subaru's only want to race or drive fast or something?  I thought the stereotype was it's the lesbian car?  Either way it's dum.

I never understood this undying hatred some people have for car brands.  Like all the people with those kids pissing on Chevy or Ford or whatnot.  

So did you retire last year and start collecting Social Security?
In theory I can retire in 8 years. I started working at NASA during college in the cooperative education program and that time counts. In practice, though, probably not going to be able to afford to retire then.

I never understood this undying hatred some people have for car brands. Like all the people with those kids pissing on Chevy or Ford or whatnot.
It's because they're stupid and place unwarranted pride in things that don't matter. It's the same mentality that drives racism, religious hate, sports team animosity, 'merica, etc..

Is it a thing that people that drive Subaru's only want to race or drive fast or something? I thought the stereotype was it's the lesbian car? Either way it's dum.

I never understood this undying hatred some people have for car brands. Like all the people with those kids pissing on Chevy or Ford or whatnot.
My aunt-in-law who's a lesbian has driven and continues to drive Subarus. #SampleOfOne

Is it a thing that people that drive Subaru's only want to race or drive fast or something? I thought the stereotype was it's the lesbian car? Either way it's dum.

Yeah the old "my pickup is better than yours" debate is overwhelming in South GA. It's fucking stupid. Truth is Ford, Chevy and Dodge all make great pickups and it all boils down to a matter of preference. I was born and raised here but I'm really way different from these people.

Like there's a meme circulating on facebook with a pic of an 80s model Chevy truck that says 'I'd rather have this than a Ferrari." fucking idiots could sell the Ferrari and buy thousands of those trucks. Kinda unrelated but still.

Is anyone here considering getting EDF2 on Vita at some point? I got a used (hopefully complete since it just released; otherwise I'll probably return it) copy from Gamestop.com for ~$20 after tax, and though I won't play it right away, there are quite a few co-op trophies to get (including grindy ones like rescuing other players 120 times).

The starting 20,000 price tag is great, for a $1000 more you should be able to get all premium fetuses as well.
SOLD!

But seriously, thanks for your input and thanks to everyone else as well. I think I'm just gonna start browsing and test driving a few different cars and see which one I like and get a better feel for prices.

Let me know what you get. I've literally been considering the same cars. I haven't been able to justify a purchase yet while my current car still runs perfectly though.
Yeah my 06 Chevy Cobalt still runs really well and is under 100K miles, so I'm not terribly motivated to get a new car. But I'm ready for something new and different and just came into a bit of cash so now feels like the time.

Yeah my 06 Chevy Cobalt still runs really well and is under 100K miles, so I'm not terribly motivated to get a new car. But I'm ready for something new and different and just came into a bit of cash so now feels like the time.
Those car commercials got to you didn't they. Make sure you get one with a bow on it!

Nope.

Prequel bullshit included makes me not want it at all.

Besides, way cooler to buy a vintage star wars record thats in decent shape. They even have some that are like a shorter version of the movie using quotes from the movie.

I would grab a copy of the OT if they released just that by itself though. 180 gram would get me to do it.

There's a huge update heading to Minecraft on consoles: http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/12/17/mega-minecraft-update-coming-to-consoles

Full notes from the Minecraft wiki:

Additions

• Items
    Armor Stand, Raw Rabbit, Cooked Rabbit, Rabbit Stew, Raw Mutton, Cooked Mutton, Rabbit’s Foot, Rabbit Hide, Potion of Leaping, Potion of Water Breathing, Salmon, Cooked Salmon, Clownfish, Pufferfish, Blue Orchid, Allium, Azure Bluet, Tulips, Oxeye Daisy, Sunflower, Lilac, Poppy (replaces Rose), Rose Bush, Peony, Double Tall Grass, Large Ferns, Prismarine Crystals, Prismarine Shard.
  • Creative Mode only: Rabbit Spawn Egg, Endermite Spawn Egg, and Guardian Spawn Egg.

[*][*]Blocks
  • Podzol, Granite, Polished Granite, Andesite, Polished Andesite, Diorite, Polished Diorite, Prismarine, Dark Prismarine, Prismarine Bricks, Red Sand, Red Sandstone, Smooth Red Sandstone, Chiseled Red Sandstone, Red Sandstone Stairs, Sea Lanterns, Wet Sponge, Slime Blocks, Coarse Dirt, Packed Ice, Acacia Saplings, Dark Oak Saplings.

[*][*]Mobs
  • Endermite, Guardian, Elder Guardian, Rabbit, Chicken Jockey.

[*][*]Biomes
  • Mesa, Mega Taiga, Roofed Forest, Birch Forest, Forest, Savanna, Extreme Hills+, Deep Ocean, Snowless Taiga, 20 new Technical Biomes.

[*][*]Structures
  • Ocean Monument

[*][*]Enchantments
  • Luck of the Sea, Lure, Depth Strider

[*]Changes

[*]
[*][*]Enchanting

[*][*]Nether portal
  • New nether portal building rules: Any rectangular shape from 4x5 to 23x23
  • If the portal in the nether is big enough, ghasts can travel through.
  • Will now be activated by any fire block within the frame.

[*][*]Blocks

[*][*]Items

[*][*]Mobs

[*][*]Generation
  • Melons can now be found in jungle biomes similar to pumpkins.
  • Swamp biomes now spawn with blue orchid flowers, and the coast is covered in staggered dirt block with lily pads between them.
  • Plains biomes now generate with azure bluets, oxeye daises, tulips and double tall grass.
  • Extreme hills biomes now have snow at higher elevations, gravel, flat valleys near sea level and are slightly higher.
  • Ocean biomes contains only gravel on the floor instead of sand, dirt and gravel.
  • Desert temples now spawn with stained clay instead of dyed wool.

[*][*]Created a new tutorial world.
[*]
I don't know what any of this means but I'm sure my kids will be happy.

I don't need Star Wars Vinyl, I've got all my original toys. I got some crazy old fuck ing cardboard backed Hoth and Tatooine playsets along with the OG Millennium Falcon. Timing might be right to sell all this stuff, and make some $$$ :)

SOLD!

But seriously, thanks for your input and thanks to everyone else as well. I think I'm just gonna start browsing and test driving a few different cars and see which one I like and get a better feel for prices.
Yeah definitely do this. I was testing other vehicles based on specs but none of them felt right. Each one I tried just wasn't comfortable, didn't have a good view, didn't feel right in handling, etc.. The Elantra GT wasn't even on my list and I just tested it because a coworker recommended it based on his own Elantra, but as soon as I drove it a bit it was a perfect fit.

Can confirm from experience Hyundai is a good brand, between parents and sister they have owned like 6-7 different ones, never had a major issue with any of them. Warranty, as already said, is legit too.

Damn, just realized I've forgotten about Sound Shapes as well, to go with the other list I posted for you guys to help me sort out the other day. I really should get to that sometime. Should help me gain some ground on Bums on TT.

Is anyone here considering getting EDF2 on Vita at some point? I got a used (hopefully complete since it just released; otherwise I'll probably return it) copy from Gamestop.com for ~$20 after tax, and though I won't play it right away, there are quite a few co-op trophies to get (including grindy ones like rescuing other players 120 times).
Derek got it and I'm going to pick it up sometime this weekend along with the PS4 version.

You do know that the game is likely a 100+ hour plat and literally impossible to get most of the trophies solo.

Nope.

Prequel bullshit included makes me not want it at all.

Besides, way cooler to buy a vintage star wars record thats in decent shape. They even have some that are like a shorter version of the movie using quotes from the movie.

I would grab a copy of the OT if they released just that by itself though. 180 gram would get me to do it.
Prequel movies may not be that good but Duel of the Fates is a damn good piece of music.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back