PSNOT 2.0 - I kind of want to subscribe to IndieBox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
top 5 played

witcher 3

mgs 5

lost dimension

fallout 4

divinity

top 5 beat

elder scrolls online

demon gaze

ori and the blind forest

tales from the borderlands

dragon's crown
I have only played one of those....and will only ever play TFTB. Good job!

Last edited by a moderator:
I havnt played DA I MP in months, and they added a bunch of new stuff. They added 2 new warrior classes, 2 new mage classes and a new rogue class. Only the rogue is unlocked at first, but still super cool that they add in free dlc. also new maps/enemies.

it is kinda funny they made 2 of the new characters mute/silent, im thinking they did that as an excuse for why they don't have new speakable lines. I gotta run in a few hours but im hoping to unlock some of the new characters tonight. hit me up for da i mp or gta v co op

im so glad i grabbed witcher 3 and the 9.99 hearts of stone dlc (got cards too, from gamestop, thanx cro) seeing it on your top 5 lists.

I def need to quit playing freetoplay games and start up some bloodborne and witcher 3 this year

I tried the arcade mode on DI when I got home.  I got 1 game to start up relatively quickly, but the reports appear to be correct that there is no way to play with friends that I can find.  If anyone wants to give it a try now maybe we could luck up and run into each other. I am doing the World of Color one that is straight inside the door.

ETA: 2 matches now.

If I wanted to gameshare with someone (I think that's the right term?), can I just give them by PSN user/pass and they login in as a regular ol peep (as in not a sub account or whateverfuck), then they download the game, then they just go on their own account to play it there?

Or is there something else need be done?

If I wanted to gameshare with someone (I think that's the right term?), can I just give them by PSN user/pass and they login in as a regular ol peep (as in not a sub account or whateverfuck), then they download the game, then they just go on their own account to play it there?

For PS3, yeah. More complicated for PS4. The guys in the gameshare thread would be happy to help you out.

oh yeah so i was playing with crazydiamond last night and i had already used all my vip time so it was kinda just clusterfuckery, but im all good to go tonight. what it is, is that if i have more than $1 million in my bank (and i do) it lets me register as VIP. so its like im head of a gang and i can hire 3 bodyguards. bodyguards make $5000/10 mins and it goes down if i die. I can then set up free roam missions like sightseeer (go around and grab 3 packages while i hack the locations) or executive search (stay alive in designated area for 10 mins) or hostile takeover (where we steal a package and gtfo). Each of those pays all of us 15-25k, fastest way to make $ and rp (level up), besides maybe the final heist. it is more fun if there are multiple vip gangs in a session, altho that makes it harder because only one vip mission can be active in a lobby at a time, and they will be trying to kill/steal from us during missions. Iv got armored cars, attack copters, hydra vtol jets, etc tho so we should be golden. We can knock out some other free roam trophy stuff too if ya need like rob all 20 stores or kill a mugger etc. i sicced a mugger on diamond, but i forgot to warn him, so yeah that didn't go as planned, lol. peace guys

talkn bout gtaV mp

I tried the arcade mode on DI when I got home. I got 1 game to start up relatively quickly, but the reports appear to be correct that there is no way to play with friends that I can find. If anyone wants to give it a try now maybe we could luck up and run into each other. I am doing the World of Color one that is straight inside the door.

ETA: 2 matches now.
i'll load up now

Most of the really good games I played this year weren't released this year, but a lot of them were blockbusters from the PS3 gen. No particular order:

Enslaved

Dust

Brothers

Darksiders

MLB 15: The Show

God of War

God of War II

Saints Row The Third

Batman: Arkham Asylum

Batman: Arkham City

Xeodrifter

Guacamelee: Super Turbo Championship Edition

Far Cry 3

Hard to pick a favorite out of those, but my top 3 is probably Darksiders, Dust, and Arkham Asylum. Biggest surprises on that list are Xeodrifter, Enslaved, and Saints Row. Those snuck up on me with how good they were.

also tmi, but da i mp. i remember routine, perilous and threatening, but im pretty sure they added nightmare and heartbreaker difficulties. Pretty awesome cuz i remember being op months ago when i played it with level 20 characters

Yeah, it's super simple. Each PSN account can be shared between two PS3s, so the simplest approach is that one person sends the other half the funds for the game. The host then creates the account and purchases the account, then gives the login info to the other guy. Boom, done.

In addition to the above there's also such a thing as phantom accounts. Phantom accounts take advantage of the web account manager, which lets you deactivate all systems tied to an account. That frees the two PS3 slots so that another two PS3s can use the account. The trick here is that the original 2 PS3s will still be able to use the games they downloaded as long as they don't connect to PSN with the phantom account, which triggers the PS3 to realize that the account was deactivated which in turn deactivates any games tied to that PSN account.

So here's the procedure for that:

1. Host creates account and purchases games.
  2. Host gives login into to the phantom owners.
  3. Phantom owners log into the account and download the game. After the game is downloaded they switch back to their normal PSN account.
  4. The host goes to the web portal and deactivates the phantoms' PS3s.
  5. The host changes the login info and shares the new login info with the other active account owner.

As long as the phantom owners never log back into the PSN account the game will continue to work on their PS3. The risk here is that if your PS3 dies for some reason or you accidentally connect with that PSN account then you're SOL. Because of this risk the price breakdown for a PS3 gameshare usually works like this:

1/3 - Resell slot 1

1/3 - Resell slot 2

1/6 - Phantom slot 1

1/6 - Phantom slot 2

The 1/3 accounts are the active accounts. They're called resells because they can sell their slot when their done with it. Another thing to keep in mind is that the web deactivation can only be used on an account once every six months. So you could potentially purchase the game, split the cost four ways, then six months down the line sell two more phantoms of the game. This is something people do in the GS thread pretty often. Another common approach is to rent a resell slot; a brand new game might be $3-$4 per week and older games/accounts maybe $1/week. The owner gives the renter the login info, then when the renter is done with the game and has deactivated the account (locally from the PS3) the owner changes the login info to prevent access.

PS3 gamesharing has died off a lot because there aren't many exclusives released for it any more and many people have moved on to PS4. PS4 also has gamesharing, but it's a lot more limited due to the way the system limits work for each account. Vita doesn't have GS at all since you can't use multiple PSN accounts on Vita.

I think I covered everything, but let me know if you have any questions about it.

Yeah, it's super simple. Each PSN account can be shared between two PS3s, so the simplest approach is that one person sends the other half the funds for the game. The host then creates the account and purchases the account, then gives the login info to the other guy. Boom, done.

In addition to the above there's also such a thing as phantom accounts. Phantom accounts take advantage of the web account manager, which lets you deactivate all systems tied to an account. That frees the two PS3 slots so that another two PS3s can use the account. The trick here is that the original 2 PS3s will still be able to use the games they downloaded as long as they don't connect to PSN with the phantom account, which triggers the PS3 to realize that the account was deactivated which in turn deactivates any games tied to that PSN account.

So here's the procedure for that:

• Host creates account and purchases games.
  • Host gives login into to the phantom owners.
  • Phantom owners log into the account and download the game. After the game is downloaded they switch back to their normal PSN account.
  • The host goes to the web portal and deactivates the phantoms' PS3s.
  • The host changes the login info and shares the new login info with the other active account owner.

As long as the phantom owners never log back into the PSN account the game will continue to work on their PS3. The risk here is that if your PS3 dies for some reason or you accidentally connect with that PSN account then you're SOL. Because of this risk the price breakdown for a PS3 gameshare usually works like this:

1/3 - Resell slot 1
1/3 - Resell slot 2
1/6 - Phantom slot 1
1/6 - Phantom slot 2

The 1/3 accounts are the active accounts. They're called resells because they can sell their slot when their done with it. Another thing to keep in mind is that the web deactivation can only be used on an account once every six months. So you could potentially purchase the game, split the cost four ways, then six months down the line sell two more phantoms of the game. This is something people do in the GS thread pretty often. Another common approach is to rent a resell slot; a brand new game might be $3-$4 per week and older games/accounts maybe $1/week. The owner gives the renter the login info, then when the renter is done with the game and has deactivated the account (locally from the PS3) the owner changes the login info to prevent access.

PS3 gamesharing has died off a lot because there aren't many exclusives released for it any more and many people have moved on to PS4. PS4 also has gamesharing, but it's a lot more limited due to the way the system limits work for each account. Vita doesn't have GS at all since you can't use multiple PSN accounts on Vita.

I think I covered everything, but let me know if you have any questions about it.
I just wanna share a game I already bought on my account so we can co-op. Giving my login info is fine by me if they can then play it on their own account.

I just wanna share a game I already bought on my account so we can co-op. Giving my login info is fine by me if they can then play it on their own account.
Yeah, just create a new user on her PS3, then sign into PSN on that user account with your info, go to the download list, start it, switch back to her user account, and you're good to go.

According to a CAG that works at Gamestop, the B2G1 sale will be extended one more day (through tomorrow).

ps4 gameshare works pretty well for two people to share all their stuff though right?

I think you each activate the others account on your ps4 and then login as yourself on your ps4, gives you access to all their stuff and your stuff at the same time.

Can basically go halfsies on everything digital.

Here's Radiohead's version aligned with the opening sequence.  Honestly I like Lana Del Rey's version and the pop theme we got.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6WO8Dcxr4s

ps4 gameshare works pretty well for two people to share all their stuff though right?

I think you each activate the others account on your ps4 and then login as yourself on your ps4, gives you access to all their stuff and your stuff at the same time.

Can basically go halfsies on everything digital.
I don't think you can earn trophies with someone else's games on PS4.

The receiving gamer have their main profile. Then they create a second profile on their PS3 and use that to login to your PSN account to download the games. Then they can switch back to their primary account and play them there. PS3 games purchased prior to November 18, 2011 can be played on up to 5 systems, Nov 18, 2011 and after can only be played on 2 systems.

For years now I've just kept $25 in a State Farm checking account. That gets you free TurboTax Deluxe (with free state e-file) every year, and it's just $20 if you need Premier.

More info: http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/1474478/

I just pay the $30 or $40 to turbotax every year and never worry. It's simple. Fast and they guarantee your doing it right. Plus they have my info loaded already so its even easier and quicker.

I just saw that Lemmy from Motorhead died. I'll never forget him getting pissed at someone in the crowd at the Waukesha Expo Center for thowing something at him on stage when they were opening for Slayer.

RIP Lemmy. I knew he was pretty sick from seeing how they canceled a bunch of shows this year, along with having to stop a few others after they started because he couldn't breathe. I've never been a huge Motorhead fan, but I respect that they influenced a lot of the bands I love.

I went to a motorhead show at a shit country bar that essentially didn't let black people in about 15 years ago. They had hands down the nastiest wet tshirt contest beforehand that I can even fathom. My ears rang for three days after. rip lemmy.

Publix smoked Gouda on sale this week. Even though it isn't traditional it was real good with genoa salami and Publix sweet ham very thinly sliced.

MAYO of course.

Sears and Kmart are getting really desperate with their emails. It's pretty much gotten to the point where it's like "We're not saying we'll blow you if you buy something, but we'll see."

Dec. 28 and I just turned on my air conditioner.
And it's not because it's 70 outside; that would be nice if it wasn't for the effing humidity. I've been running mine since the beginning of last week. At this rate, we'll never dry out from the flood. I've still got areas of my crawlspace that are still damp from the flood.

#prayingforacoldanddryJanuaryandFebruary

Sears and Kmart are getting really desperate with their emails. It's pretty much gotten to the point where it's like "We're not saying we'll blow you if you buy something, but we'll see."
You should try installing the app. I get those same 'offers' pop up on my phone a few times a day. I really need to delete it.

Did anyone play Alien Isolation? How was it? Worth $7?
definately. it was awesome. survival horror. play it on hard the 1st run and with the lights off/sound up. One of my top games of the year i think. Pretty awesome creepy on 2 levels, the horrific alien threat and then the numerous lifeless blue androids walking around that smile as they strangle you. not to mention some other humans that will shoot at you (altho, that just ends in them getting quickly killed by said androids/alien.

it is def stealthy survival horror, kinda like manhunt, where you distract them then run around and avoid getting seen/caught.

where is it $7?

you have to hold off on all collectibles until the very end tho, and by that point i was done with the game and didn't want to scour for collectibles. but def awesome game. flamethrower for the win

also it has an awesome dead space vibe about a company that is kinda shady and so human error obviously causes shit to hit the fan. also awesome that you can't really fight shit. like you get a flamethrower near the end to scare the alien and you can hit the androids with wrenches but you are really a weak girl so your main option is hiding/sneaking/running. unlike deadspace where you can stasis and shoot everything you see, so it keeps the suspense/anxiety high

Seegson's Working Joes

ai-working-joe-600x337_2539.jpg

ripped from tvtropes.org

The Working Joes. They never run, approaching their targets at a calm walk while spouting False Reassurance in a Creepy Monotone, and strangle, chop, or bash any unauthorized human when they get within arm's reach. Fighting them off is extremely hard, and making too much noise is likely going to summon the Xenomorph anyway.

"I'm going to catch you."
  • There's the noise they make when they die as well. It's pretty unsettling. To say nothing of the way they dribble that awful white gunk synthetics use as blood from their mouths as they die.
  • The game does a really good job of showing just how badly they hit the Uncanny Valley; it's no wonder that the In-Universe reaction to them caused the line to fail...
  • Another unsettling aspect of the Working Joes are some of the lines they say. The Joes are portrayed as mindless drones (indeed, one even blissfully walks into an electrically-charged floor plate completely unaware of the danger), yet some of the things they say not only sound like sarcastic quips, but they seem to actively taunt you while trying to kill you. Either the Joes are more intelligent, and more murderous than they let on, or a Seegson programmer somewhere has some serious issues.
    Using fire on them usually has them remark that they're fire-resistant up to over a thousand degrees, and that "Only animals fear fire." It's deliberately ambiguous as to how much of this is mere statements of fact and how much is intimidation tactic.

[*]It is also quite likely the Working Joes are programmed to say a variety of preset corporate platitudes and standardized greetings and responses. The ones they emit while seeking, chasing, and killing targets as well as suffering damage are likely them picking the most vaguely appropriate platitude they have on file. The sheer banality of it all just underscores the creepiness.
[*]One possible point that a lot of people don't seem to have thought of is how aware APOLLO itself is. The simple-mindedness of the Working Joes is at arguably due to the crudeness of Seegson's AI tech, most likely due to a lack of miniaturization, and the Joes are designed from the ground up like Trade-Federation OOM-series Command Droids (semi-autonomous, some independent processing power to aid reaction times and to allow them to accomplish simple programmed tasks, but still reliant on a central mainframe for higher functions), giving the possibility that some of their more... disturbing lines might be coming from APOLLO itself...
[*]

oooh and i forgot about the motion sensor. the device used to track the xenomorph. but you can't use it too much or the alien will hear it and come get you. sooooo great

apparently only me and gizmo monkey played it from this thread, altho i would have thought others would have also

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back