PSNOT 2.0 - I kind of want to subscribe to IndieBox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also whose idea was it to have the playoff games start so early today? fuck man. They could have had the games on New Years Day or the weekend for fucks sake! The championship game isnt for another 12 or 13 days!
Damn it, I didn't even realize it was on today and now I've almost missed the whole first half. Thanks for posting this.

I tell you, killing a bear with a knife isn't an easy feat. I got one to the point where he started running away from me, so I chased after it. Than 2 of his buds came out and mauled me!

I tell you, killing a bear with a knife isn't an easy feat. I got one to the point where he started running away from me, so I chased after it. Than 2 of his buds came out and mauled me!
classic. you on freeroam rdr now? maybe we can tagteam a big bear together tonight

and then play some rdr

Last edited by a moderator:
i never got into zidane and 9 much. my friend loved it and we were hilariously bad at importing games but we got a 'japanese copy' of that to play a few months early so that was great being as text heavy as it was. i thought 6, 7 and even 8 were better than 9. 9 seemed like a throwback to the older ff days. idk

we doing some rdr again today? lets gold all the advanced co op missions like bad ass cowboys
I think FF9 is my favorite. I did a max stats run back in the day, which involves leveling up NPCs and stuff. I'm sure it hasn't aged as well as I think, but that's nothing a little x3 speed can't fix. I hope this one comes to PS4.

classic. you on freeroam rdr now? maybe we can tagteam a big bear together tonight
and then play some rdr
Lol. Well I finally got that fucking bear (thread magic?), then after I skinned him, anot her bear and wild boar tag teamed me to death. Luckily it saved after finishing the challenge. I'll be on here for awhile finishing up sp challenges. If you hop on message me and we can do the dynamite/deadeye kills.

Just finished S1 of Amazon's The Man in the High Castle. It's set in an alternate 1960s in which the Axis defeated the Allies in WW2 and the US is split in two with the Japanese controlling the West coast and the Nazi's controlling the East Coast. It's really good with great characterization, you should check it out if you have Prime.

I swear I've owned RDR in 100 forms at various points, but now I don't have it at all.
yeah i mentioned wasn't it ps+ freebie but they said nope. i guess i must have picked it up cheap during those common rockstar sales. i have undead and all the dlc too so musta been cheap

my son got some awesome legos for christmas like hulk buster iron man and some ultron ones. too cool

I forgot about the library. 

And I'm pissed, I called for Chinese food. The chick is like oh it's a two hour wait for pickup and you can only order lo mein and chicken fingers. Wouldn't a Chinese food place be better prepared on NYE? 

$20 for Revelations 2, damn I'm gonna be tempted to trade my copy in. Wonder if they'll wig out with it having a redbox sticker on it.
They'll probably be pissed that you're trying to trade a stolen game.
They had no problem selling me one complete with case and insert. I should have returned it knowing that redbox discs don't come that way. Yeah fuck you Gamestop!

I was flipping through the RDR manual yesterday while staring at a loading screen, and found the receipt stuck in the manual. I bought it from Kmart, in April 2012. I'd probably never get to a PS4 remaster.
Not going to be around in 3 or 4 years? Sorry to hear that.

I guess Dirt Showdown is live on 360's Games with Gold. I wish we'd get it on Plus. I always wanted to play it, but I can never find it at a good price I'm willing to pay.

Dabo! Dabo! Dabo!

What's Dabo? I figure it's some guy's name. Some guy named Dabo!
tumblr_l1clbgn5cg1qa2tpwo1_500.png

Wow, I just had the most awkward situation happen at the chinese food place.

So first, I call my order in at 6:30 thinking well it's busy, it might take a little bit. The chick on the phone tells me it wouldnt be ready until 8 and that I can get only chicken fingers, lo mein, and fried rice. I'm like ok well I'm not starving so I can deal with the wait and I order me some of each of the three options. 

Fast forward to 8. I leave my house at 8 thinking I'll give them a few extra minutes. Get there at about 8:10.

There are maybe 10 people in the lobby, and two girls working behind the register. One guy is standing right at the counter in front of the register, so I just get in line behind him. He just stands there for like five minutes. Finally I ask if he's waiting and he goes oh no sorry and moves. Dont stand in front of the register if you've already paid, idiot.

So I get up there, she's takes my number and it takes her forever to find my order. They havent even brought it to the kitchen yet, my ticket is just sitting in a stack of about 20 right next to the register. Great. She tells me it's going to be 45 minutes. Good thing I just activated this new phone today that I can play with.

I sit down in the only empty chair, which is right next to the register. This woman gets up from her chair and just leans against the counter, like a foot away from me. One of the girls says oh it'll be like 20 more minutes. The woman snaps and starts yelling and swearing "You told me forty-fucking minutes ago that it would be 45 minutes and now it's going to be 20 more fucking minutes?! What the fuck are they doing back there?!"

The girl stays calm and is like oh yeah it's super busy thats why we only even offer three menu items.

"I called two days ago to put my order in for tonight and it should've been ready by now!"

Ok, she has a point there, but no need to flip out. The girl is still calm and explains that this is the first and last time that they let people put in orders ahead of time for NYE and that they're never doing it again because of situations like this. It's just better to have people call the same day and say it'll be ready by 8 or 9 or whatever time.

"I wish someone would've fucking told me that two days ago!"

Finally, the girl is like ok listen we're being nice here we're working our asses off, we have a hundred orders, we know it's frustrating but please understand.

Angry lady starts yelling and this other chick in the kitchen starts yelling out in some asian language, super pissed off. The angry lady is all what is she saying to me? She can't even say it in english?! No one answers her. Then she's all you can at least answer my fucking question instead of ignoring me. so counter girl is all oh she was just asking if you want your money back. "No not that question, the first one I asked!" What question? "How much longer?!" We told you, 20 more minutes, maybe like 10 now.

So then she goes and sits down across from me at a table and just throws her keys on the table and starts huffing and puffing like a little kid. And she's no lie at least 60. Every time someone gets their order, she mutters under her breath. Counter girl says to a coworker something about how she hasn't eaten all day and angry lady just yells out "Some of us haven't eaten either thanks to you people!" They just ignore her. This couple who looked like they were super strung out on meth or some other really hard drug (the chick looked like a real Velo target) are sitting in the corner laughing the whole time.

She finally gets her food and the chick at the counter goes "Just take it and leave please." And she goes "Oh no I am absolutely going to pay for my food! I don't take charity just because someone is rude to me!" And I'm like um lady you're the one who started flipping out. And now you're arguing about getting free food.

TL;DR - Chinese food is serious business.

TL;DR - Chinese food is serious business.
Boston area Chinese Food places suck confirmed.

We went to our local place at 6:15 and ordered. No restricted menu nonsense. Was out of there by 6:40pm with our food. The woman behind the counter is always nice too.

I don't think I have EVER waited 45 mins for Chinese food. Not even in a nicer sit down place.

Wife wanted to go to a local sit down restaurant/bar. I drove by at like 5:45pm and the parking lot was almost full. By 6:45pm it WAS full.

fuck New Year and all the nonsense.

I just didn't want to cook and my options were limited. But I had no problem with waiting for the food. I definitely could've done without the chick flipping out.
We have at least two other Chinese places a short drive away so maybe that is why we don't wait too long. Now that I think of it one of them did have me waiting like 30+ mins and the woman behind the counter wasn't really all that nice. So we haven't gone back. It is the furthest from us of the 3 on that side of town.

What was also great is the chick at the counter was talking to someone waiting after that woman left and she's all like yeah we've been doing this 12 years and it's like this every year.

Ok so you're clearly in need of a change. Figure out a better system. 

I'm not really in the mood to party so I'm staying home tonight. I called in an order for pizza pickup. There was a short line to pay but otherwise it went smoothly.

Got me some alcohol and dessert at the grocery store next door while they baked it. They were out of Rumchata so I went with Amaretto. Gonna poor it in some hot cocoa and/or a vanilla shake. I picked up stuff for both occasions. Right now it's freezing so I think it's time for some boozy Mexican hot chocolate.

Anyone streaming?

What was also great is the chick at the counter was talking to someone waiting after that woman left and she's all like yeah we've been doing this 12 years and it's like this every year.

Ok so you're clearly in need of a change. Figure out a better system.
Yeah I have never heard of ordering Chinese food a day or more in advance. Maybe places like Boston Market for Thanksgiving if you want food for 12 or something. But never for a limited menu Chinese takeout type place.

I'm not really in the mood to party so I'm staying home tonight. I called in an order for pizza pickup. There was a short line to pay but otherwise it went smoothly.

Got me some alcohol and dessert at the grocery store next door while they baked it. They were out of Rumchata so I went with Amaretto. Gonna poor it in some hot cocoa and/or a vanilla shake. I picked up stuff for both occasions. Right now it's freezing so I think it's time for some boozy Mexican hot chocolate.

Anyone streaming?
Weird thing is a few doors down from the Chinese place is a Liquor store. Morons were closed. WTF? This was before 7pm.

Anyone streaming?
http://www.twitch.tv/ bria5544

This guy is streaming. He's in Tyler's streams a lot. He's playing Ni No Kuni right now. He seems like a cool dude.

http://www.twitch.tv/ bria5544

This guy is streaming. He's in Tyler's streams a lot. He's playing Ni No Kuni right now. He seems like a cool dude.
I think I've seen him before in Paul's streams.

I was telling my friend about my dog earlier. She's been through breast cancer so I thought she'd be more empathetic. Instead she responded "Good news! My friend's dog just had a litter if you want a new dog." I could've slapped that mother fucker! Whenever she does pass, whether it's soon or in many years, it'll be awhile before I even think about replacing her. I'll be mourning for a bit. Geez.
photo-thumb-25096.jpg

They were out of Rumchata. I forgot about that. That's what I was gonna mix in the chocolate. Dammit.

A bunch of chatty kathys in here tonight. I'm going to bed. No tt update, so I guess pharm gets the year end win. I ended up picking diablo 3 over sleeping dogs and knack. It seems fun enough but it isn't really raining trophies so it was the wrong choice.

Happy new year!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back