PSNOT 2.0 - I kind of want to subscribe to IndieBox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
inb4 herp derp EA, but why in the hell does the cursor start on the "Store" option instead of the "Single Player" option when I turn on Peggle 2? C'MON SON

Slept all day? Sounds like you need to drink some more blood...
I'm hoping not and have been really paranoid about it since I lost some during my birthday week. I saw my doctor on Friday, got a fly shot and had another blood test. Sadly, I've been playing phone tag with them and my other doctor's office for my test results. I finished all my meds they had me on for the month. I'm trying to stay positive.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm hoping not and have been really paranoid about it since I lost some during my birthday week. I saw my doctor on Friday, got a fly shot and had another blood test. Sadly, I've been playing phone tag with them and my other doctor's office for my test results. I finished all my meds they had me on for the month. I'm trying to stay positive.
Ah jeez, I'm sorry. Didn't mean to feed into your paranoia. I was just joking since I feel like I probably could've spent all day sleeping. It sucks that this is all happening right now since it'll probably be a pain in the ass to get a hold of anyone before Friday. I hope everything turns out ok. You're probably just being a lazy bum like the rest of us who took the day off.

[quote name="munkywawa" post="12357712" timestamp="1419466475"]
Ah jeez, I'm sorry. Didn't mean to feed into your paranoia. I was just joking since I feel like I probably could've spent all day sleeping. It sucks that this is all happening right now since it'll probably be a pain in the ass to get a hold of anyone before Friday. I hope everything turns out ok. You're probably just being a lazy bum like the rest of us who took the day off.
[/quote]
You're fine. I told her I was a little tired but it could be anything. I felt like I was getting a cold, plus the weather change and long winter nights and holiday stress. As long as I don't feel crazy exhausted like before I'm not too worried.

I think I'm going to start Stick It to the Man. It's supposed to be fairly easy and short. I'm trying to not have a crazy PS+ backlog for PS4 and am knocking out some CrossBuy games from my Vita memory card.

PSN seems to be working again. Synced my TWA Trophies.

SITTM has a nice intro song. Chilling at the menu and jamming out.

I have $28.xx left in my PSN wallet and GTAV is $28 for PS4. I kind of feel like this is fate...

PSN seems to be working again. Synced my TWA Trophies. SITTM has a nice intro song. Chilling at the menu and jamming out. I have $28.xx left in my PSN wallet and GTAV is $28 for PS4. I kind of feel like this is fate...
Liked it in hopes you would get it so Ill have someone else I can bug to play online with me later. Really though, it has been my least favorite GTA game, so I can not suggest that anyone should buy it.

The store is down for me again. It was working for a few minutes and I got a couple things started downloading.

PSN seems to be working again. Synced my TWA Trophies. SITTM has a nice intro song. Chilling at the menu and jamming out. I have $28.xx left in my PSN wallet and GTAV is $28 for PS4. I kind of feel like this is fate...
GTAV is great! Go for it. One of the only games that I played on PS3 and still picked up on PS4 anyways

I ended up NOT picking this on when I preordered it at BB. I have $50 and change in my account considering this but store isn't loading right now for me (at least not from the web). I have so many other games though.

This has always bugged me about RPGs:

I fight a dude who has 20,000 hit points.  I beat him and he decides to join my party.  Suddenly he has 500 hit points.

This has always bugged me about RPGs:

I fight a dude who has 20,000 hit points. I beat him and he decides to join my party. Suddenly he has 500 hit points.
He saved up all his (in game currency) to buy (item) that gave him a 40x boost to hit points temporarily when he heard you were coming. You can't buy (item) because it was only in (town) that burned to the ground before you started exploring.

Role playing!

They would put the walking dead seasons on sale for just ps4. I played season one on vita. Had the vita copy of season 2 in my hand at best buy this morning, but I was thinking there'd be a flash sale soon with it.

Pumped about defense grid though, was waiting on that one.

I ended up NOT picking this on when I preordered it at BB. I have $50 and change in my account considering this but store isn't loading right now for me (at least not from the web). I have so many other games though.
Nevermind I thought it was PS4 not PS3. I can wait for it to be cheaper on PS4.

50centlol5aq1q.gif

Child of Light is alright so far. Gorgeous game with a really interesting art style. Some foreground stuff like trees and the like get in the way sometimes, which is a bit odd and unpleasant since you can accidentally run into enemies because of it. Since surprise attacks are part of the combat system you really want to know where an enemy is at all times. It can make a somewhat substantial difference in how a battle flows.

Odd framerate stutter whenever the autosave kicks in. Not sure what that is about. Playing on Vita, btw, so it's not like there's a traditional HDD being spun up.

Are you talking about Child of Light?  Therm just said it was alright.

But I do not like it, but not like I'm the only one here who feels that way.  Stotch said the exact same thing.  Gameplay wise, it's really dull.

The speed element of the combat is actually kind of neat. Still trying to get a handle on how to juggle enemies by slowing and hitting them to cause their attack turn to bump back. It adds a certain level of urgency and real-time immediacy that turn-based combat doesn't typically have. Other games have tried to achieve a similar effect, but I don't think I've seen anything quite like this. It makes me think of Natural Doctrine's initiative system, but way faster.

There are fucking carolers outside my house at my neighbor's door, singing.  Seriously.

I had no idea there were actually people who did this.  I thought it was just in movies or some shit.  What year is it?  I bet every single person out there has a landline.

Don't put words in my mouth, Tyler! I never said Child of Light was dull!

I said it was a boring, piece of shit game that no one should ever play.

I like Escape Goat 2.

Psychonauts is on PS2 Classics so it's easily playable. I bought it for like $3 and then sold my retail copy for a lot more than $3 but a lot less than what I could have got for it now. It's going for $25+shipping on Amazon now. Thanks a lot Cleaner for making me realize how much potential I profit I lost from selling it 2 years ago. Jerk!

Also, the description for the cheapest version of Psychonauts PS2 on Amazon:

Game is in good condition. Comes in original case. Instructions are not included. Thank you for your order. God Bless. Proverbs 3:5-6

I enjoyed Child of Light but agree that the rhyming gets annoying. Then again, I like lots of games people don't such as Gone Home, Journey, Thomas Was Alone, etc. I just have extremely varied tastes. I wish Double Fine would re-release Psychonauts or a sequel. Sadly, they said it'd cost millions to make and don't have the support to.
It's available as a PS2 classic. Not sure how well it's aged, though. I know the PC version is bundled and goes on sale like crazy so an HD re-release would have to be subtantially upgraded for anybody to feel it was worth a second (or third or fourth at this point) dip.

I enjoyed Child of Light but agree that the rhyming gets annoying. Then again, I like lots of games people don't such as Gone Home, Journey, Thomas Was Alone, etc. I just have extremely varied tastes.

I wish Double Fine would re-release Psychonauts or a sequel. Sadly, they said it'd cost millions to make and don't have the support to.

Top 5 Best Boobs of 2014:
http://www.xboxachievements.com/news-3875-Festive-Feature-#1--Top-Five-Best-Boobs-of-2014.html
I would love a Phychonauts sequel so much

[quote name="tylerh1701" post="12358040" timestamp="1419477816"]I like Escape Goat 2.

Psychonauts is on PS2 Classics so it's easily playable. I bought it for like $3 and then sold my retail copy for a lot more than $3 but a lot less than what I could have got for it now. It's going for $25+shipping on Amazon now. Thanks a lot Cleaner for making me realize how much potential I profit I lost from selling it 2 years ago. Jerk!

Also, the description for the cheapest version of Psychonauts PS2 on Amazon:[/quote]
I'll have to look into that. I still have my Xbox copy. I also own it on Steam. I was talking about an HD re-release.

Stick It to the Man just made me think of psychic abilities since he can read minds.

I enjoyed Child of Light but agree that the rhyming gets annoying. Then again, I like lots of games people don't such as Gone Home, Journey, Thomas Was Alone, etc. I just have extremely varied tastes.

I wish Double Fine would re-release Psychonauts or a sequel. Sadly, they said it'd cost millions to make and don't have the support to.

Top 5 Best Boobs of 2014:
http://www.xboxachievements.com/news-3875-Festive-Feature-#1--Top-Five-Best-Boobs-of-2014.html
They should make a Kickstarter so we can get half a sequel.

Oh and I really liked Thomas was Alone. I never really heard anyone here say anything bad about that one.

How is this even a question? Ohh, are you credit rich at Best Buy but PSN credit poor? :)
I wouldn't play them right away, and if they'll be cheaper later (which you said has happened before), I'll hold off, especially since I plan on starting MGS4 (80+ hour plat :joystick:) once I plat Dead Space.

But yeah, I'm going to return that physical copy of S2; I'm not really sure why I paid that much for it in the first place.

I like Escape Goat 2.

Also, the description for the cheapest version of Psychonauts PS2 on Amazon:
Don't buy from that guy. He's probably out caroling right now

Oh and I really liked Thomas was Alone. I never really heard anyone here say anything bad about that one.
Really? A lot of people have trashed on it. It's not bad IMO, but not good enough to bother defending either. It's alright if you like simple platforming. The whole "squares with personalities" thing is pretty pretentious. Cleaner was laughing at the story and telling some of us about it in the chat the other night (mind you we had all already played it) and I don't think any of us knew what the hell she was talking about. I'm definitely not the only one who just stopped bothering with the story/narration after a while.

I like to pick on Thomas was alone just like spelunky, but they're both fine. Binding of Isaac though? What a stinker!
Spelunky is better than Binding of Isaac, but BoI is still quite a bit better than Thomas Was Alone.

Altho I know that comment was just to take a cheap shot at Elder/Cleaner/whoever else likes fuckBOI

TWA was a simple platformer so the story is what kept it interesting for me. It was funny. I didn't think it was pretentious at all. The personalities perfectly captured humans.

Binding of Isaac > Spelunky > Thomas Was Alone

Spelunky is fun, but BOI has much more variety between the different characters/attributes and leveling them up plus all the random items. Spelunky is difficult too but once you've experienced all the items and levels you've kind of seen it all even with the randomized levels.

[quote name="MildObstruction" post="12358106" timestamp="1419479649"]And where does octodad fall in this hierarchy?[/quote]
I haven't played it yet but want to. That and Surgeon Simulator look like stupid, fun games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back