PSNOT 2.0 - I kind of want to subscribe to IndieBox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazon has Freedom Wars for $15 if you missed it at bestbuy. Also ps4 watchdogs for $20, is that worth it? Gamefly has it for $13 but only for rent/keep... but idk. Any Yays/Nays for watchdogs? also im unable to connect to psn, hopefully this is all fixed soon. Peace all

I think $17 used with prime. no online pass or any nonsense like that right? I dont care about 'bonus missions dlc' that might be missing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazon has Freedom Wars for $15 if you missed it at bestbuy. Also ps4 watchdogs for $20, is that worth it? Gamefly has it for $13 but only for rent/keep... but idk. Any Yays/Nays for watchdogs? also im unable to connect to psn, hopefully this is all fixed soon. Peace all
Backlog is going to give it a shot, but pretty much everyone else says it was disappointing and that it might be better to just wait for Watch Dogs 2.

hey Vig, you were crazy about danganronpa 2 right? I never played the first but just got the 2nd from gamefly. im all good? Any tips? I'm not going for a plat cuz my backlog has gone crazy (nothing new) but just have fun and run through it?

Merry Xmas, fools!
attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419522390.794495.jpg
Nice score! I picked up Diablo on Black Friday but have yet to start it, let me know if you want to play on PSN sometime.

I think $17 used with prime. no online pass or any nonsense like that right? I dont care about 'bonus missions dlc' that might be missing.
If the price holds until tomorrow Target has a 50% off Cartwheel for Watch Dogs that will stack with a price match to Amazon. That said, I think Watch Dogs is easily worth $20 as it has a decent amount of content and while the story isnt great some of the side stuff makes up for it. Worth a quick play and trade.

Other than something like FFX or Chrono Trigger where I've played it a dozen or so times, probably. I think I have like 400 hours on Star Ocean TLH, so that might be ahead for now.
If I cared I would go back in time to quote when you were calling Destiny a generic fps and didn't get the hype :)

I'm glad you really enjoy it tho, I love when people find games they love and time sink. I put 3 weeks and got most trophies, but that $35 season pass and my backlog/cod clanwar addiction made me flip it til a goty edition (when it is barren and dead). Peace man. (also i put tons of hours into ffx/ct also, woot. I need to play the ct remake someday tho, never did the 'extra' content. Same with ffx ps3 (damn you square probly re releasing kh/ff on ps4, lol, $quare$oft)

The CAG in me was burning up when I saw a family friend buy their kid WWE 13 for Wii (An annual release 2 games behind on the worst platform it's available for) and the gamestop price tag said $49.99. I figured they bought it somewhere else. Nope. That's the same price gamestop sells it for.

[quote name="AvengedBacklog" post="12358834" timestamp="1419524638"] Nice score! I picked up Diablo on Black Friday but have yet to start it, let me know if you want to play on PSN sometime.

If the price holds until tomorrow Target has a 50% off Cartwheel for Watch Dogs that will stack with a price match to Amazon. That said, I think Watch Dogs is easily worth $20 as it has a decent amount of content and while the story isnt great some of the side stuff makes up for it. Worth a quick play and trade.[/quote]
Nice find! I may try to nab that tomorrow for $10 if the Amazon price lasts.

Merry Christmas everybody! I'll be busy most of the day putting a swing set together, but maybe I'll post pics of my kid's video game haul later if I get the chance.

Injustice kept it to 60fps, though. No problems playing at 30fps? Looks like you didn't play that much of the PS4 version so I'm not sure if you got into the higher difficulty levels and bullet-hell of it. I'm tempted to fire it up on Vita to make a direct comparison but I know I don't want to run through the entire trophy list again so soon. :wall:
I was going to write some shmarmy fiance/fiancee-esque comment about resogun not being bullet hell, but when I looked for an animated bullet hell gif I found this and it made me laugh.

mqdefault.jpg

After playing Bloodborne I'm actually looking forward to it. I may jump back into Demon Souls eventually in preparation for it.
For the first game, if you have trouble, become a magic user. Magic is extremely OP in PvM in Demon's Souls since you can easily replenish your MP bar by munching on a purchasable consumable. In the Dark Souls games they removed the MP gauge and made it so each spell has a certain number of charges to use between checkpoints.

Which one were you saying had more color to it?
I think the environments were more memorable in Demon's Souls and Dark Souls 1 as they added in a lot of details and it was a little more non-linear. Dark Souls 2 the environments often have a boxy feel, like they built a rectangle and then started adding detail and it is linear for about 90% of the game (I haven't played the DLC). DS2 though is definitely a brighter game than the other 2, I can only think of one level that is dark enough that it is difficult to see.

The melee combat is definitely the most refined in DS2. They handle equipment burden better (if you equip heavy shit it affects your movement speed and ability to dodge) instead of only 3 breakpoints (no roll, fat roll, fast roll) now there are 7 or 8 breakpoints, whips are actually useful this time, and they added a true dual wielding mechanic.

Merry Christmas everyone.

we havent even started yet. Mom & Dad have to drink their coffee and get fully awake before we let the onslaught of present opening begin.

Target still has 50% off Watch Dogs via Cartwheel for 2 more days. That knocks it down to $10 after PM. Hard to not take a chance on it at that price.

Edit: Ninja'd.

hey Vig, you were crazy about danganronpa 2 right? I never played the first but just got the 2nd from gamefly. im all good? Any tips? I'm not going for a plat cuz my backlog has gone crazy (nothing new) but just have fun and run through it?
Ideally you should get Danganronpa Trigger Happy Havoc (the first one) and play it first. But you shouldn't be too lost if you just play 2 I guess. I think you'll have a better time if you go in order, though. Let's see what Vig says, I think he'll agree with me but maybe not.

It's a pretty fun plat, though - especially if you like the characters.

I'm slacking on pics but wanted to share this. For my birthday Chris made me a custom LootCrate with a booklet and pin like they normally include. I was extremely impressed. He has crazy good memory and made a box based on my favorite properties.

-We're coop partners so we call each other Atlas and P-Body from our Portal 2 adventures.
-We went to New York in the spring and visited the Nintendo store. I picked up a few plushes of my favorite characters but they were out of Shy Guy.
-I love Duck Tales and that's a comic book.
-I have a pin board for all the pins I've gotten from the gaming conventions I've been to and I like Psychonauts. That's a set of merit badge pins.
-I got addicted to Spelunky on Vita for awhile and recently discovered they have figures that are blind boxed. This is a yeti.
-Fallout 3 is one of my favorite games and I love the Pip Boy. He got a keychain made.

Guardians of the Galaxy was awesome and I fell for Rocket and Groot.The t-shirt is a mash-up of Calvin and Hobbes and Rocket and Groot. I just got the Groot socks in the latest LootCrate.

When we were at the PlayStation Experience and went to the Disney Infinity booth we got to choose a figure. Chris happened to choose Rocket and I grabbed Groot. We didn't plan it either so I guess that's this year's version of Atlas and P-Body.

Merry Christmas, folks.

guardian_owl: Ultimate Sith Edition is $6.79 on Steam today. If you didn't figure out a way to get it cheaper than $35 then that might be worth looking at since the vanilla PS3 save doesn't transfer. Unless you're wanting the PS3 version for the extra trophies, anyway.

Now it's just down to waiting to open all my new vidya games. Woohoo.
So they'll mark that down, but they've never once marked down the DLC on PSN. Probably because the game itself isn't on PSN, otherwise they would probably do an ultimate edition sale occasionally.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EfuHyUWOSw

If I cared I would go back in time to quote when you were calling Destiny a generic fps and didn't get the hype :)

I'm glad you really enjoy it tho, I love when people find games they love and time sink. I put 3 weeks and got most trophies, but that $35 season pass and my backlog/cod clanwar addiction made me flip it til a goty edition (when it is barren and dead). Peace man. (also i put tons of hours into ffx/ct also, woot. I need to play the ct remake someday tho, never did the 'extra' content. Same with ffx ps3 (damn you square probly re releasing kh/ff on ps4, lol, $quare$oft)
I don't remember saying that. Maybe during the beta? But since day one of release I was defending Destiny against the likes of Breakfuss and Matt who were hating on it. I eventually turned them both around on it though.

Incoming long post about Isaac!

Sorry for crappy phone quality (I always forget about the PS4 share stuff):

fnNFSu4.png

2 of the last in game achievements I needs on Isaac were to make Super Meat Boy (4 cubes of meat) and Super Bandage Girl (4 ball of bandages). In the original Isaac this was relatively easy because there were only cubes of meat and if you used the Book of Revelations on the first of each set of 2 floors you were guaranteed to fight a horseman. This meant that an early BoR meant 3 cubes were trivial and 4 was easy.

In Rebirth, using BoR does not guarantee a horseman fight and there is an increased chance of fighting Headless Horseman or Conquest, who do not drop cube of mean or ball of bandage, making it near impossible without incredible luck.

So I decided to "break" the game to force it to give me the items I wanted. Using Isaac so I could reroll items with the D6 I got myself the Nun's Habit (Refills your usable item on being hit), Fanny Pack (Drops consumables on being hit), I was using the swallowed penny trinket and the bloody penny trinket (chance to drop pennies on being hit and chance to drop red hearts when picking up pennies), and I had humbling bundle which doubles all drops. To complete that part of it I was lucky enough to have Dark Bum (picks up red hearts and gives spirit hearts) and Bum Friend (who picks up pennies and drops consumables). All of this provided a way to use my usable item nearly infinitely.

The final piece was the Monster Manual which gives a familiar for one room when you use it, including a chance for a ball of bandages or a cube of meat.

All that was left was to bomb myself over and over and use the Monster Manual until I got 4 cubes of meat, leave the room and repeat until I got 4 ball of bandages items. This unlocked the last item I was missing. Played the first 2 floors a few times until I found that item (luckily it is really common) and got the plat. I actually much preferred unlocking those this way because it really required me to play differently and manipulate the game. Now that I got the plat I can easily say the BoI:R is my game of the year, and pretty easily made the way to my favorite game. I'll be putting hundreds, if not thousands of hours into Isaac and probably not be moving on for a very long time.

Having not yet played either game, his long post about how to best maximize the game mechanics to make up for item drops being random reminds me juuuust a bit of seeing similar posts in here about Destiny.

Maybe it's just 2.0 but infinity blows. My daughter will still love it but I feel like I got ripped off. The graphics are low res for a ps2 game yet the game chugs along at what must be 15 fps. Saving and loading takes forever. Three times the cut scene stalled and Aladdin repeated what he was saying because of it. Then the game completely stalled while I manually saved. I had to turn it off. If 1.0 was anything like this shame on Disney. Making a shit ton of money here and 2.0 looks like it was made by some 3rd rate dev.

Sorry just had to get that off my chest. Merry Xmas anyway!

Is it ymmv doing a pm and using cartwheel?
There's no corporate policy against it that I've seen and I've never had anybody question it. Zimm has said straight out to do it and he works on Cartwheel. A couple of people on CAG have said they've had issues, so it may be a branch/district manager issue. In general you should be good to go.

Having not yet played either game, his long post about how to best maximize the game mechanics to make up for item drops being random reminds me juuuust a bit of seeing similar posts in here about Destiny.
It's a good thing I love random elements in my games when they are done well. Had no real issues with the randomness in Destiny either

No, no, NO. You need to play the first one or the sequel won't be nearly as awesome!

Ideally you should get Danganronpa Trigger Happy Havoc (the first one) and play it first. But you shouldn't be too lost if you just play 2 I guess. I think you'll have a better time if you go in order, though. Let's see what Vig says, I think he'll agree with me but maybe not.

It's a pretty fun plat, though - especially if you like the characters.
Mailed it!

It's a good thing I love random elements in my games when they are done well. Had no real issues with the randomness in Destiny either
Yeah, it's fun. Adds a good element of challenge and variety without making the game unfair, I think. I'm looking forward to BoI: R when I have a ton of time to dedicate to a single game. Once Destiny stabilizes I'll play that as well. The one thing randomness hurts IMO is trophy lists; if the odds of finding items/enemies/etc. are low enough that the time required for trophies is longer than the time I enjoy the gameplay then I'm done. With fixed games you can easily just look at the trophy guide to see how long something will take and if it's worth messing with. Random games kill the "Oh, that will just take me 20 minutes" trophy impulse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back