PSNOT 3.0 - Let's Talk About University of Kentucky, Baby!

:finishes bottle of Bud Light:

Fireball? Never heard of it. All I've ever had was Vodka, Budweiser, Sam Adams, Coors, and Corona.
fireballcinnamonwhisky175__35026.1365444679.1280.1280.jpg

It's a big picture because it's going to take a lot of booze.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I'm gonna use my $200 GC on that new 3DS and some other Black Friday shipping and chill on the PS4 for awhile. Which Pokemon game should I get with it? Just go straight for the new one or get the Alpha Ruby or whatever remake?

I think I'm gonna use my $200 GC on that new 3DS and some other Black Friday shipping and chill on the PS4 for awhile. Which Pokemon game should I get with it? Just go straight for the new one or get the Alpha Ruby or whatever remake?
I hope you like random encounters. They drive me crazy.

Just get the new one unless the previous ones are on sale.

Day 2: Heineken.   This stuff is gross.

Fireball would probably kill me. I can''t even handle sauce at Taco Bell.

Think I'll get some Corona tomorrow.

with mayo lemon or extra mayo lime

Oh man, if they keep teaming up with Curve, there's going to be a plethora of Plus fodder on there. Those games go super cheap too even if you're not on Plus. Hard to justify a $30 retail version when you bought the digital version of a game for like $2.

ugh, where is cosmic star heroine?

idk why they didn't put both stealth inc games. not like they have given them for free or nearly free already.(unless that is, didn't read it.)

I don't wanna bring up politics again, but I saw the discussion of polls.

Gonna use hypothetical variables here.  When a poll has *5% margin of error, and they say X is in the lead with 52%, and Y has the other 48%, or whatever marginal calibration, they're basically saying "WE ACTUALLY HAVE NO IDEA WHAT'S GOING ON!!! :D/ "

Political polls are rubbish.

Last edited:
Just got 100% zombie trophies in infinite warfare. Beat it last night pre patch before they nerfed the boss health.

Just got the last teddy bear trophy. The game trolled me and it was hidden in the afterlife.

I had to die to get the last collectible.

Fantastic job by Infinity Ward on a zombies mode. I know Blundell helped them out, but damn it was awesome and difficult

Here is the pic and video for that last collectible trophy. so messed up i had to die to get it, lol :)

CxLCyAlVQAA2k1v.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-xYL9MBDP4

Luckily I just got up n atoms so i could go into afterlife. and you don't even have a gun in afterlife so you have to use the toy gun, lol

fuck, I hate random gamers so much. Just had some loser kick me at the very end of a hard Payday 2 match for no reason.

fuck, I hate random gamers so much. Just had some loser kick me at the very end of a hard Payday 2 match for no reason.
Many of the morons who played that game on PS3 believed they got more cash if the crew was smaller. It was a rather common practice. The few times I tried to play outside of my group of friends made me quickly realize it just was not worth it.

world of final fantasy plat get, postmortem

spoilered for long

This is a great final fantasy game.  It's doofy, has some reprehensible dialog and some painful trophies, but the actual mainline story is serviceable and the gameplay is solid.

It is definitely pokemon-esque in presentation, but I like the formation of stacks in parties.  Basically it works like this:

You have one L(arge), one M(edium) and one (S)mall in a stack.  Your two player human characters can be either the M or the L in the stack and the other two slots can be filled by monsters you catch in pokeballs.  Monsters become catchable based on certain conditions (reduce their HP, inflict blindness, heal them, etc) and the more you fulfill that condition the easier they are to catch - usually you'll have to fulfill the condition three or four times on rare/bigger monsters before the rng will let you snag them.

Once in your party and in your stack, the abilities of the monster (which are increased by filling out a typical FF grid with points earned leveling) become available to your stack.  Additionally, some abilities combine between monsters - ex. if two monsters in a stack have Fire, then Fira will become available.  There's a lot of weird combinations and some are useful and some aren't.  Additionally, the resistances/weaknesses of your stack combine, so if you have two monsters that are weak to water magic, expect your stack to take a beating if anyone throws water on you.

On top of all that, your stack has 'stability' - you can be de-stacked via attacks from enemies and if that happens, the individual members of your stack fall over and separate, stunned and with separate HP/AP bars.  9/10 times the enemies will zero in on unstacked party members to go for the kill.  There's certain items/magic that'll fix a wobbling stack so you can burn a turn trying to correct it.  All of that adds some uniqueness to the usual FF turn based gameplay versus other games in the series.  It's also fun and pretty fast.  One thing that's nice is that you can make pretty much any stack overpowered so you can really just pick whatever you want.  By the time you get to the final ending you'll need to have some dark resistance and you'll probably want some healing skill, but otherwise you can just do whatever you think is fun or looks cool.

Total playtime was just over 99 hours.  The trophy for 100 mastered mirage boards was a pretty big time sink as well as collecting the one minigame based monster (Maduin I think was his name) and getting every treasure chest (FOLLOW VIDEO GUIDES).  The 100 mastered mirage boards has to be unique, so mastering the same monster twice doesn't count but mastering multiple transfigurations of one family does count (i.e. silver star vs gold star).  So when you hit 100 you probably have 55-60 gold stars.  

The vita version is totally serviceable - it's not nearly as fun to look at as the ps4 version, but it works and plays great.  No crashes or anything like that and load times are mostly bearable.  

So, if you like older final fantasy games you'll probably get a big ol kick out of this game.  If you like trophies it's mostly easy albeit time consuming.  I'm glad I played it!

bread's done
Back