PSP GO Piano Black & Pearl White Refurbished Systems $59.99 Shipped @ GameStop.com

swatman27

CAGiversary!
Feedback
67 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
I saw one at my gamestop for $49.99. I don't know why it was $10 off.
Used (tradein) is 50, refurbished/recharged (GS wipes it off with a dirty hankerchief) is 60.

Used for 50 has been that way for a while. I got mine when it went that low. I was unlucky as some people actually got memory cards from the former owner still stuck in theres. I had to shell out 30 dollars for a 16 GB M2 card.

Yep, I just checked my PSP-Go and it's maxed out at 16Gb internal / 16 Gb Expansion. I never understood the storage limitation either.

I got all of my accessories for dirt cheap at Toys R Us.. it may be too late for some to find accessories there anymore.

Does anyone know where I can find a (CHEAP) PSP 2000 Power supply? I need one for my PSP-Go dock.
Ah yes, I wasn't sure if I was clear that the PSP Go dock can charge a PSP Go using a PSP 2000/3000 power adapter.

Does MAME work? Also, where can I get CPS1, CPS2, and Neo Geo?
You know I never tried any of those except a Neo Geo one. Might go google hunting for the rest.

Got a PSP 3000 for $65. They had a 1000 that was pretty beat up...and that top eject latch worried me.

Thanks for the recommendations guys. I think I'll pick up a GO later on but the way that the 3000 feels in my hands, I don't think I could handle the cramped layout of the GO. 

Kind of funny you can't locate used PSPs while you can see if they have "refurbished" units. Frankly, I've heard enough horror stories of GS refurb. to be glad that they didn't take the freaking thing apart.

Sovereign I heard that the psp 3000 is harder to hack and keep it permanently hacked and put games on it. But not sure if you want to hack it in the first place

Sovereign I heard that the psp 3000 is harder to hack and keep it permanently hacked and put games on it. But not sure if you want to hack it in the first place
I know. Fortunately I've been looking at sites like this:

http://jairastutorials.weebly.com/tutorials/how-to-hack-psp-3001-660-version-very-easy

and this:

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/121280-13-slim-3001

aaaaaaaaand this:

http://forums.pspslimhacks.com/threads/help-hacking-psp-3001-6-60.11307/

Yeah I know that the thing resets since the "hack" sits in the RAM instead of being permanent ( fuck you Sony). It's something I'm willing to sit with...unless I find a good-condition 2000 somewhere. The 3000 I got is in shockingly great shape, for a used PSP.

I know. Fortunately I've been looking at sites like this:

Yeah I know that the thing resets since the "hack" sits in the RAM instead of being permanent ( fuck you Sony). It's something I'm willing to sit with...unless I find a good-condition 2000 somewhere. The 3000 I got is in shockingly great shape, for a used PSP.
wololo is all you need site wise.

wololo is all you need site wise.
Thanks, I'll be trying this out when I get back home...and whenever the stupid memory stick comes in today (MicroSD to Memory Duo adapter, woot!).

Hopefully I'll see this, minus the cat:

cat.jpg

Does it look better and full screen on tv? I have a PSP 3000 with the tv hookup cable, but it's boxed on the tv screen.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXOfxgKIcA4

Here you are using a DS3 instead so way more comfortable. This is PS1 on old school tv, if what you want is PSP then you can't ge tit fullscreen if I remember correctly

The rest of your questions google can help you very easily :)

I took advantage of this one the last time they were this price and got lucky enough to find a very clean used version for $49.99. These things are pretty much the greatest emulator machines known to man: the jailbreak isn't a permanent process so you can switch back and forth and is extremely easy even for novices, it's great with PS digital titles, and it's both highly portable and easily adaptable to the big screen.

Basically just seconding what others here have noted already. A Go for this price is one of the best gaming investments one can make.

Are there differences between say a psp 1000-2000 to a psp go emulator wise? I have a psp 2000 and am already running emulators on it, but wondering if I shod have an upgrade as well?

I took advantage of this one the last time they were this price and got lucky enough to find a very clean used version for $49.99. These things are pretty much the greatest emulator machines known to man: the jailbreak isn't a permanent process so you can switch back and forth and is extremely easy even for novices, it's great with PS digital titles, and it's both highly portable and easily adaptable to the big screen.

Basically just seconding what others here have noted already. A Go for this price is one of the best gaming investments one can make.
Let's not exaggerate. Clearly it's not the best emulator machine known to man. For example, you can't even run Mario Kart SNES on it at full 60fps without frame-skips or whatever, from what I gather. It's a decent emulator, but not flawless.

Let's not exaggerate. Clearly it's not the best emulator machine known to man. For example, you can't even run Mario Kart SNES on it at full 60fps without frame-skips or whatever, from what I gather. It's a decent emulator, but not flawless.
No emulator or set-up is going to be flawless. You have to look at the sum total, and to me the PSP Go's abilities at emulation in a form-factor that fits in a shirt pocket gives it a big advantage over, say, a desktop tower or a tablet and Bluetooth controller setup.

Are there differences between say a psp 1000-2000 to a psp go emulator wise? I have a psp 2000 and am already running emulators on it, but wondering if I shod have an upgrade as well?
The Go has a smaller screen (3.8" vs. 4.3 on regular PSPs), but otherwise it will handle emulation the same as the other PSPs; there is no improvement in that area. The screen on the PSP Go is very high quality though, and the system is very small and easily portable, much more so than the regular PSP. I wouldn't consider getting rid of your PSP 2000, but having a PSP Go as an extra system (mainly for CFW) is well worth it.

The Go has a smaller screen (3.8" vs. 4.3 on regular PSPs), but otherwise it will handle emulation the same as the other PSPs; there is no improvement in that area. The screen on the PSP Go is very high quality though, and the system is very small and easily portable, much more so than the regular PSP. I wouldn't consider getting rid of your PSP 2000, but having a PSP Go as an extra system (mainly for CFW) is well worth it.
Ahh okay. Thanks for the input! Based on a need factor, I don't think I'll need one as of yet, but on a want factor I wouldn't mind another emulating system XD. I'll probably put my dough towards a ps3 first and so forth.

I'm not really a fan of how the Go renders PS1 games on my tv, since it somehow makes the screen more pixelly. But I guess it's to be expected since it doesn't do 640.

I'm not really a fan of how the Go renders PS1 games on my tv, since it somehow makes the screen more pixelly. But I guess it's to be expected since it doesn't do 640.
I totally agree with you, but further I feel that all games from the Go to the TV don't look that great (using the cradle/component cable). The picture on my 37" 1080p Samsung LCD doesn't look that great. My TV is pretty old (newer LCDs or LEDs, or even Plasma TVs might be better), but I kind of doubt newer TVs would look much better. I have the cradle and have used it with a Dual Shock 3 controller, on PSP games, and wasn't that impressed. But it's a nice feature to have if people want to use it.

I prefer to use the Go as a handheld by itself, with headphones, That's what the system is meant for, and the TV out is just not as good an option.

No emulator or set-up is going to be flawless. You have to look at the sum total, and to me the PSP Go's abilities at emulation in a form-factor that fits in a shirt pocket gives it a big advantage over, say, a desktop tower or a tablet and Bluetooth controller setup.
Oh sure. It's not bad. It's a better Genesis emulator than SNES. Either way, "the greatest emulator device known to man" part was just a bit of a stretch. :D

damn been looking to pick this up at this price for a while but I bought a tv and an xl recently. I mean I can afford it but I don't wanna get bitched at by the wretch

Bought a white one from ebay for $81. Condition looks new (was owned by a female hahaha), comes with charger, original box & instructions, and a carrying case. I've had a god of war PSP for like 7 years but I can't wait to own one of these bad boys and hack the shit out of it. The PSP is just a little too big to take it everywhere and I'm tired of the design. PSP Go looks kind of uncumfortable though but I've heard good things.

Bought a white one from ebay for $81. Condition looks new (was owned by a female hahaha), comes with charger, original box & instructions, and a carrying case. I've had a god of war PSP for like 7 years but I can't wait to own one of these bad boys and hack the shit out of it. The PSP is just a little too big to take it everywhere and I'm tired of the design. PSP Go looks kind of uncumfortable though but I've heard good things.
It is really uncomfortable to play games using the analog stick due to its position. Your thumb will get cramped but you'll get used to it after a few hours. But, otherwise, it's perfect comfortable to hold/play/use. It's a great emulator machine but unfortunately, it can't play a lot of SNES games at full speed. GBA games work flawlessly though.

It is really uncomfortable to play games using the analog stick due to its position. Your thumb will get cramped but you'll get used to it after a few hours. But, otherwise, it's perfect comfortable to hold/play/use. It's a great emulator machine but unfortunately, it can't play a lot of SNES games at full speed. GBA games work flawlessly though.
Yeah it looks that way. I'm mainly getting it for PSX and PSP and some NES and GBA. I have a Wii U for pretty much any SNES game I'd want to play, and as for GBA I'll use it to play the really rare ones like Ninja Five-O. I have a pretty big GBA collection. I remember the SNES games that were iffy were Super Metroid, Super Mario RPG and Earthbound, which 2/3 are on VC and I own them already. Sucks that it's uncomfortable though.. I like the design of it. I don't really play many games anymore + school which means this will have to do for the next year, minus Smash Bros.

I forgot to mention, not sure if this applies to every PSP Go besides mine.  When I run a GBA emulator, the thing gets really warm where I'm guessing the battery is located.

I was bothered enough that I stopped using the GBA emulator that I had.  Kind of wish the PSP Go battery was replaceable like most of the other PSPs.

I'm guessing the emulator demanded more power, than most of the other homebrew applications I ran.  Probably should have had the thing plugged in when I run emulators.

I forgot to mention, not sure if this applies to every PSP Go besides mine. When I run a GBA emulator, the thing gets really warm where I'm guessing the battery is located.

I was bothered enough that I stopped using the GBA emulator that I had. Kind of wish the PSP Go battery was replaceable like most of the other PSPs.

I'm guessing the emulator demanded more power, than most of the other homebrew applications I ran. Probably should have had the thing plugged in when I run emulators.
I've had my PSPGo for about a year and never noticed that. But the battery is replaceable... you just have to open the system. It's not as easy as the PSP but it's not all that complicated.

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/PSP+Go+Battery+Replacement/1181

I replaced one for a friend and it took all of 10 minutes to do. The bigger problem is that you never know what the quality of the battery you buy will be since they're all made my cheap Chinese manufacturers and you never know how long they've been sitting around in some warehouse.

Well, I finally fit the time to hack my 3001 PSP. It's easier than you think and the little "inconvenience" is rather minor at worst (having to initiate the hack on boot). 

Best of all, I can now take my PSP AND GBA games with me without carrying the carts or pesky UMDs. Got a few games from GS with cracked UMD shells; no wonder the format never took off. Still, they're a lot of gems to play here.

Oh and the purple silicone case? Because Black, white, blue, and tan are so yesteryear.

Very nice and looks very sleek. Yea I downloaded a lot of the must plays like kingdom of hearts, and some japanese niche games like persona 3 Portable. A lot of gems to be played I agree

Well, I finally fit the time to hack my 3001 PSP. It's easier than you think and the little "inconvenience" is rather minor at worst (having to initiate the hack on boot).

Best of all, I can now take my PSP AND GBA games with me without carrying the carts or pesky UMDs. Got a few games from GS with cracked UMD shells; no wonder the format never took off. Still, they're a lot of gems to play here.

Oh and the purple silicone case? Because Black, white, blue, and tan are so yesteryear.
Do you mind if I ask where you went for hacking info? Want to to do the same for my PSP Go and 3000.

I would totally get a Go, but the fact that it can only use M2 memory is a bummer, $36 for 16gb is a crime! I use about 7 different 32gb micro SD cards with my PSP 2000 to fit all my PSP/PS1 games.

Thanks for the pointer, I'll be keeping an eye on the site.  I've owned a couple different Go units I've bought on eBay, and apparently a requisite to selling on there is that you scuff the screen to hell.  Nowhere to go but up.

I actually really like that purple case! Seems like it's better quality than the crap ones on Ebay. Is it an official Sony product? Where did you buy it?

they still make shirts with pockets?

I would totally get a Go, but the fact that it can only use M2 memory is a bummer, $36 for 16gb is a crime! I use about 7 different 32gb micro SD cards with my PSP 2000 to fit all my PSP/PS1 games.
On the plus side, the Go already has 16gb of internal memory, more than enough to hold every emu game out there. And getting an M2 is a one-time cost, once you have it you're set. Its not that big a deal, but it really depends on how much you want a Go.

Yeah it looks that way. I'm mainly getting it for PSX and PSP and some NES and GBA. I have a Wii U for pretty much any SNES game I'd want to play, and as for GBA I'll use it to play the really rare ones like Ninja Five-O. I have a pretty big GBA collection. I remember the SNES games that were iffy were Super Metroid, Super Mario RPG and Earthbound, which 2/3 are on VC and I own them already. Sucks that it's uncomfortable though.. I like the design of it. I don't really play many games anymore + school which means this will have to do for the next year, minus Smash Bros.
Five-O is awesome. I sold my LN copy off when I was in grad school to cover the cost of new games. It's one of only two games I regret selling off.

they still make shirts with pockets?
I wear those all the time, lol.

I actually really like that purple case! Seems like it's better quality than the crap ones on Ebay. Is it an official Sony product? Where did you buy it?
http://www.gamestop.com/psp/accessories/psp-skin-grip/37487

It's a Sony licensed product so yes it is official. Sadly YMMV since GS doesn't sort the units by color; you'll need to call EVERY one of them for the colors. I saw a bunch of white ones, a black one, and then finally two of these purple ones scattered throughout Phoenix.

Do you mind if I ask where you went for hacking info? Want to to do the same for my PSP Go and 3000.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/334379-psp-go-piano-black-pearl-white-refurbished-systems-5999-shipped-gamestopcom/?p=12011891

That should get you in the right direction.

Got my black PSP GO today. Even watching videos on size comparisons I didn't really grasp just how small it really was, I'm amazed at how compact it is. Plus it looks like it's brand new with the only signs of usage being fingerprints.

Took me less than five minutes to get CFW and a Gameboy Advance emulator running on it. Now I'm spending my day gathering all the GBA games I could ever want (and then some).

Got my black PSP GO today. Even watching videos on size comparisons I didn't really grasp just how small it really was, I'm amazed at how compact it is. Plus it looks like it's brand new with the only signs of usage being fingerprints.

Took me less than five minutes to get CFW and a Gameboy Advance emulator running on it. Now I'm spending my day gathering all the GBA games I could ever want (and then some).
Don't forget Neo Geo, they are fantastic games that play well! Plus Capcom CPS1 and CPS2.

Don't forget Neo Geo, they are fantastic games that play well! Plus Capcom CPS1 and CPS2.
Of course, and then I've got the Wonderswan, the Game Gear, the Lynx, PS1, N64 etc. I don't even know when I'm going to get to the actual PSP games!

The trick is to get 1 or 2 games on it at once. I know first hand if you get like 1000 games and then start playing, you will jump from game to game like some ADD game whore and will end up losing interest in all of them. 

Huh, I can't update my Go. I had 6.20 b-10 on it and decided to go to 6.60, but I can't remove the cf to update to 6.60. Guess I need to do some homework here.

The trick is to get 1 or 2 games on it at once. I know first hand if you get like 1000 games and then start playing, you will jump from game to game like some ADD game whore and will end up losing interest in all of them.
So true. Sometimes I spend more time picking a game than playing :Z

Funny thing is I feel naked without a front pocket.

So true. Sometimes I spend more time picking a game than playing :Z
But that's what we CAGs do, right?

You mean like this? \/

Oh and BTW, that's another PSP I found at a thrift shop close by...$35 and some polishing compound and it looks as good (slightly better) than my Gamestop one!

bread's done
Back