PSP GO Piano Black & Pearl White Refurbished Systems $59.99 Shipped @ GameStop.com

swatman27

CAGiversary!
Feedback
67 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
Don't rule out Amazon Warehouse Deals for a PSP Go; I got a white one listed as "Like New" for $80, didn't come with a box or papers, but was in perfect condition.

The problem with the Gamestop "recharged/refurbished" ones is that they don't give a condition, so they're not guaranteed to be in great shape (and the battery might not hold a charge, that's hit or miss).
Since You mentioned it:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B002BSC55M/sr=1-1/qid=1410802264/ref=olp_prime_all?ie=UTF8&qid=1410802264&shipPromoFilter=1&sr=1-1

Black for $69.99...I know it's a 3rd party seller but looks like he's got good enough feedback.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B002CZ756I/sr=1-2/qid=1410802264/ref=olp_prime_all?ie=UTF8&qid=1410802264&shipPromoFilter=1&sr=1-2

And for your anti-deal of the day...a white PSP Go for a small fee of $150!

I would agree that you've got better odds of a better shape PSP there than GS...I searched a dozen stores before I found one in excellent shape that didn't have that problem with the screen border (3K only...I couldn't find a Go ANYWHERE).

Since You mentioned it:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B002BSC55M/sr=1-1/qid=1410802264/ref=olp_prime_all?ie=UTF8&qid=1410802264&shipPromoFilter=1&sr=1-1

Black for $69.99...I know it's a 3rd party seller but looks like he's got good enough feedback.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B002CZ756I/sr=1-2/qid=1410802264/ref=olp_prime_all?ie=UTF8&qid=1410802264&shipPromoFilter=1&sr=1-2

And for your anti-deal of the day...a white PSP Go for a small fee of $150!

I would agree that you've got better odds of a better shape PSP there than GS...I searched a dozen stores before I found one in excellent shape that didn't have that problem with the screen border (3K only...I couldn't find a Go ANYWHERE).
That's where I picked up 2. It was after gamestop was OOS initially, both of them came out flawless! Perfect condition, like new. No original box but it came with everything else including the instruction manual. I actually posted the link as well a couple of pages back but no one really paid it much mind, maybe because it was a little more expensive. But honestly I'd rather pay an extra 5-6 bucks for this one knowing for sure its comes in pristine condition. Gamestops refurbished products don't always come in the best condition.

That's where I picked up 2. It was after gamestop was OOS initially, both of them came out flawless! Perfect condition, like new. No original box but it came with everything else including the instruction manual. I actually posted the link as well a couple of pages back but no one really paid it much mind, maybe because it was a little more expensive. But honestly I'd rather pay an extra 5-6 bucks for this one knowing for sure its comes in pristine condition. Gamestops refurbished products don't always come in the best condition.
And folks looking to buy a Go ought to check out Amazon...GS is now OOS of the GO models...they have some other colored PSPs though.

Gotta admit I want one but I'm not sure...maybe I'll wait until the Vita's hacked *gasp* I said the h-word....I must ask for forgiveness.

Don't rule out Amazon Warehouse Deals for a PSP Go; I got a white one listed as "Like New" for $80, didn't come with a box or papers, but was in perfect condition.

The problem with the Gamestop "recharged/refurbished" ones is that they don't give a condition, so they're not guaranteed to be in great shape (and the battery might not hold a charge, that's hit or miss).
I didn't have good luck with the amazon one. I initially ordered one from GameStop about a month ago. The order sat there for 3 weeks and then they canceled it. So I got a "like new" factory refurbished one off amazon. It came with 2 big deep gauges in the console so I sent it back. Once gamestop restocked I tried ordering again. It should be here tomorrow. I'm crossing my fingers on the condition. People here reported receiving perfect condition units. I'm hoping the same...I'm due for a little good luck....

I didn't have good luck with the amazon one. I initially ordered one from GameStop about a month ago. The order sat there for 3 weeks and then they canceled it. So I got a "like new" factory refurbished one off amazon. It came with 2 big deep gauges in the console so I sent it back. Once gamestop restocked I tried ordering again. It should be here tomorrow. I'm crossing my fingers on the condition. People here reported receiving perfect condition units. I'm hoping the same...I'm due for a little good luck....
Sorry to hear that, but was the one you bought sold by AWD or a 3rd party merchant? I wouldn't expect an item sold by AWD to be so badly graded.

Anyone know a reliable source for replacement batteries for the Go? I'd like to have a few extras in case they're needed (yes I know it's not a simple switch, but it's not that bad to replace them from what I read).

Sorry to hear that, but was the one you bought sold by AWD or a 3rd party merchant? I wouldn't expect an item sold by AWD to be so badly graded.

Anyone know a reliable source for replacement batteries for the Go? I'd like to have a few extras in case they're needed (yes I know it's not a simple switch, but it's not that bad to replace them from what I read).
So far....no....I've been digging all over the place but I've run into nothing but bad 3rd party batteries for every model. It's a pity that the Sony batteries are now insanely expensive...some of them I'm sure to the point that they're not even worth the money you pay for them!

Hope it's OK to ask for photos when you get the Go in?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PSP-Go-Battery-Replacement-Part-3-7v-Battery-Model-LIP-1412-/181033669203?pt=US_Video_Game_Batteries&hash=item2a26729253

338 Sold as of now. Might be what your looking for.

Just got my black Go in. When I try to connect it to the computer via usb it says USB Device Not Recognized. This happen to anyone else or is my wire/go messed up?

Just got my black Go in. When I try to connect it to the computer via usb it says USB Device Not Recognized. This happen to anyone else or is my wire/go messed up?
I could never get my PSP GO to connect to my computer properly, whenever I tried to transfer games to it using the program it would cause my computer to hard shutdown so I either have to download it over wifi or load it from my PS3. You've already downloaded and installed Media Go?

Yea like when I plugin the USB to the computer the screen on the PSPgo says  Please wait.... and then a error message on windows 7 pops up saying USB device not recognized. I did some quick googling and I think it might be a bad USB cable. I don't know could be wrong.

Did you put it in usb mode?
Yea like when I plugin the USB to the computer the screen on the PSPgo says Please wait.... and then a error message on windows 7 pops up saying USB device not recognized. I did some quick googling and I think it might be a bad USB cable. I don't know could be wrong.

Unfortunately it looks like it can be a lot of things. The easiest thing I saw is to try another USB port. Second, buy an official Sony USB Cable. Third, try updating firmware. Fourth, it may only work on the memory card. Fifth, ask for your money back.

http://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=35274

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/playstation-discussion-1000002/big-problem-regarding-usb-pc-psp-file-transfer-hel-25876295/

http://www.ps3hax.net/showthread.php?t=35868

http://forums.qj.net/psp-general-help/89134-psp-disconnects-during-file-transfer.html

Have a look at these sites.

Semi-off topic, but where's my best bet for finding a low-priced OLED Vita other than eBay?
Cowboom. Or if Gamestop ever offers those "25% off preowned" coupons (using PUR points), get one of those, then check their local Vita stock to find one in good condition. I got my 2nd Vita using one of those coupons at GS, and it was in near-mint condition.

With Cowboom, look for grade 5-7 Vitas, and read the descriptions. Look at pics of the system if included. And watch for flash sales/coupon deals at Cowboom, they run them sometimes.

Semi-off topic, but where's my best bet for finding a low-priced OLED Vita other than eBay?

Cowboom. Or if Gamestop ever offers those "25% off preowned" coupons (using PUR points), get one of those, then check their local Vita stock to find one in good condition. I got my 2nd Vita using one of those coupons at GS, and it was in near-mint condition.

With Cowboom, look for grade 5-7 Vitas, and read the descriptions. Look at pics of the system if included. And watch for flash sales/coupon deals at Cowboom, they run them sometimes.
AWD has had some deals...saw a Vita with COD:BO for $120 yesterday. Uh...refresh my memory if the OLED one is the 1st gen or the 2nd gen?

Unfortunately it looks like it can be a lot of things. The easiest thing I saw is to try another USB port. Second, buy an official Sony USB Cable. Third, try updating firmware. Fourth, it may only work on the memory card. Fifth, ask for your money back.

http://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=35274

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/playstation-discussion-1000002/big-problem-regarding-usb-pc-psp-file-transfer-hel-25876295/

http://www.ps3hax.net/showthread.php?t=35868

http://forums.qj.net/psp-general-help/89134-psp-disconnects-during-file-transfer.html

Have a look at these sites.
Thanks for that info, appreciate it, I was actually having trouble finding to much info on my issue but I think I just wasn't phrasing my google searches correctly.

I got mine today, and I'm pretty impressed with the quality.  It looks virtually new.  A pretty good way to spend $60.

Dead? Nothing comes up (no listings for used PSP Go black).

It's funny how quickly these used PSP Go's have disappeared from AWD. There used to be pages and pages of them, now there's almost nothing? I got a "Used - Like New" white PSP Go from AWD a month or two ago for $80, and now lesser condition ones are $130-140, and there are almost none available.

$70 is a great deal for a "Like New" unit (assuming they are actually that good, they are supposedly refurbished). The previous link above must have been malformed or messed up by the CAG referral URL system, nothing at all came up. Your link shows many other systems available, although only Total Console has them at that low price.

I ordered one of the TotalConsole ones from Amazon and got it yesterday. It's in absolutely pristine condition-- looks like it may have been Sony refurbished since it came with the manual and charger. Battery seems to be holding a charge so far but time will tell.

I ordered one of the TotalConsole ones from Amazon and got it yesterday. It's in absolutely pristine condition-- looks like it may have been Sony refurbished since it came with the manual and charger. Battery seems to be holding a charge so far but time will tell.
Good to hear you received a great unit. Was there any scratches or other blemishes on the unit? Thinking of ordering from them on Amazon. Thanks!

Are these really prone to failing batteries? I've been hunting a nice psp-go locally for a while now, but I may consider a 2/3000 psp instead if i'm going to have to take it apart and solder in a new battery eventually.

Are these really prone to failing batteries? I've been hunting a nice psp-go locally for a while now, but I may consider a 2/3000 psp instead if i'm going to have to take it apart and solder in a new battery eventually.
no need to solder. you just unplug it

Good to hear you received a great unit. Was there any scratches or other blemishes on the unit? Thinking of ordering from them on Amazon. Thanks!
Here is a picture of mine. No scratches or dings, looks to be in perfect shape. (Excuse the fingerprints-- this sucker is a fingerprint magnet because of its glossy finish.)
8E440CD6-533B-40EE-A363-87484A89ABBF.jpg

Another restock.
Woohoo! Finally snagged one! I've been monitoring this thread for WEEKS and they're always OOS by the time I check. I've gotten a LOT of mileage out of my PSP2000 and I'm looking forward to pairing the PSPGo with a DS3, sticking it in a charging cradle (already got a power cable from the PSP2000), and adding in the AV cables for a living room setup. I'm sure there's a way (using CFW) to stretch the image fullscreen and avoid the letterboxing of using Component Out, but I've played my PSP2000 using component and it's not too bad using the Zoom image on my Sony flatscreen.

I got a white one, the black were out of stock. The joystick already has dirt on it. My nephew got his dirty fingers on it. Besides that it came in good condition.

I wanted a white one, but they weren't available when I bought mine.  The black one that I received actually had a 16gb memory card in it still.  Thanks for missing that one, Gamestop!

I wanted a white one, but they weren't available when I bought mine. The black one that I received actually had a 16gb memory card in it still. Thanks for missing that one, Gamestop!
A couple of the PSP Gos I got from GS had a bunch of digital games still installed, like Motorstorm: Arctic Edge (among others). Nice bonus.

For people on the fence, you might want to consider the refurbs from Total Console (sold through Amazon, heads up to sovereignNX-73811 for letting us know about them), they sound like they're in great condition and are only $70. I got a white PSP Go from AWD for $80 recently, rated "Like New" and came in mint condition. Going to get the PSP Go grip from Amazon soon, should make it nicer to handle:

http://www.amazon.com/PSP-Go-Rechargeable-Hand-Grip-Sony/dp/B0036R862S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1411342076&sr=8-1&keywords=psp+go+grip

Pretty nice. Stuff. I think GS still has some too.

Actually, I bit a bullet on a PSP 2000. People complained about the ghosting but I played Star Oceans 1/2 and had no problems. I've toyed with an old fat model and I know what ghosting looks like. I wonder why I've no ghosting issues on my 2K? 

Does the GO suffer from any ghosting or scanlines btw? I have a 3K too and in normal 3D games, scanlines aren't much an issue...play a game like Star Ocean and you're pretty screwed.

Pretty nice. Stuff. I think GS still has some too.

Actually, I bit a bullet on a PSP 2000. People complained about the ghosting but I played Star Oceans 1/2 and had no problems. I've toyed with an old fat model and I know what ghosting looks like. I wonder why I've no ghosting issues on my 2K?

Does the GO suffer from any ghosting or scanlines btw? I have a 3K too and in normal 3D games, scanlines aren't much an issue...play a game like Star Ocean and you're pretty screwed.
That's one of the reasons I went with the Go instead of the other models. The screen is fantastic, a lot better than I expected. Haven't heard about any ghosting on the psp go.

For those on the fence about the psp go from total console on amazon, I bought 2 black psp go's and they came in looking absolutely stunning. Practically new, not a scratch on them. I missed out on this deal when it first started and I found them and just gave them a shot. Glad I did because for an extra 5-6 bucks you get that peace of mind that you psp go comes in great condition. I've heard the horror stories of gs used products. I think I lucked out that these went oos because I found the one's on amazon instead.

A couple of the PSP Gos I got from GS had a bunch of digital games still installed, like Motorstorm: Arctic Edge (among others). Nice bonus.

For people on the fence, you might want to consider the refurbs from Total Console (sold through Amazon, heads up to sovereignNX-73811 for letting us know about them), they sound like they're in great condition and are only $70. I got a white PSP Go from AWD for $80 recently, rated "Like New" and came in mint condition. Going to get the PSP Go grip from Amazon soon, should make it nicer to handle:

http://www.amazon.com/PSP-Go-Rechargeable-Hand-Grip-Sony/dp/B0036R862S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1411342076&sr=8-1&keywords=psp+go+grip
Hey thanks for this link. Would this help if the Go feels too small in my hands? I love the little device after playing with it over the weekend, but it is a little cramped.

Hey thanks for this link. Would this help if the Go feels too small in my hands? I love the little device after playing with it over the weekend, but it is a little cramped.
Yes, I do think this grip would make a big difference for using the Go. Everything I've read seems to reinforce that. I do agree that the system is very tiny, and can be a bit difficult to use. Going to order one of these in the next day or so, will report back with my impressions.

That's one of the reasons I went with the Go instead of the other models. The screen is fantastic, a lot better than I expected. Haven't heard about any ghosting on the psp go.

For those on the fence about the psp go from total console on amazon, I bought 2 black psp go's and they came in looking absolutely stunning. Practically new, not a scratch on them. I missed out on this deal when it first started and I found them and just gave them a shot. Glad I did because for an extra 5-6 bucks you get that peace of mind that you psp go comes in great condition. I've heard the horror stories of gs used products. I think I lucked out that these went oos because I found the one's on amazon instead.
*sniffle* I'm still reeling from hunting down Destiny LEs and look what I did on top of that...

Since there wasn't any tax I was saying, "why not make it today?" I'll report back later tonight then! Kinda tired of hunting Gamestop shops for my perfect PSP.

If you don't want to wait for GS to restock...don't panic about TotalConsole...

I snagged a like new PSPgo from Amazon, just arrived today and it's brand new. Returning the one I got from Gamestop that has trouble connecting to my PC

bread's done
Back